Suggestion: Unlimited Weapons

Got no problem if they release new L weapons with higher efficiency. Craftable A&P weapons sounds good. If they have an efficiency boost over the UL variant I don’t care, you’ll be paying for it in markup anyway.
we agree, as long as the mateiral needed to craft them isnt some rare shit like redulite, keep the markup realistic so that its a competitive alternative to UL

Let the unlimited weapons do less damage the more they get decayed, just like current armour lose protection with durability loss.

Limited gear will gain more popularity.

I'd rather say : let set full protection on decayed armors. ;)

Got no problem if they release new L weapons with higher efficiency. Craftable A&P weapons sounds good. If they have an efficiency boost over the UL variant I don’t care, you’ll be paying for it in markup anyway.

Instead of adding dozens more L weapons everytime they could just rework old L weapons and what we already have, we have a bunch of UL blueprints that became useless over the years due to the stats or the mats no longer dropping. They could and SHOULD rework and improve already existing content, the breer, svempa, geotrek series etc. In a RCE game, everything should be usable.

Instead of adding dozens more L weapons everytime they could just rework old L weapons and what we already have, we have a bunch of UL blueprints that became useless over the years due to the stats or the mats no longer dropping. They could and SHOULD rework and improve already existing content, the breer, svempa, geotrek series etc. In a RCE game, everything should be usable.
100% agree

how about making L guns more efficient
This is the right idea.

Not fuxking with UL weapons…

They should, in my opinion add high Eff/ dps weapons to daily trader and also expand the daily missions so they are more… not just kill 100 mobs..

Ok, lets say mindark adds more powerfull limited weapons

Est mu will be probably 150% or 200%
I guess a useable tt is around 125 ped

187,50 ped to 250 ped
62.50 ped mu to 125 ped mu
Depending on the apm and the extender you will burn that in about 3 hours
Producing asswhooping 100 to 130 dps

I sugguest to buy a calculator first and then talk about items and theyr useability

Or simply safe the peds you burst out of the window every day, and put them into a already existing high efficiency ul weapon.

in the past, melee weapons were horrible, becouse they didnt consume any shrap to use them, this ment, that all the decay went straight into the weapon, as a consequence, if you paid even a little markup like 102%, it turned out to be alot

talking about balance that might happen in the future without knowing the details is pointless, oh markup will jump to 500% becouse i said so, if the guns droped more often, or decyed less (making them last longer), you wouldnt be able to predict how the market will react to it, thats why these solutions are multistep solutions, an idea can be good, but problems might arise along the way that you didnt predict, you adress the problem as you go

the initial question to begin with is, is it a good idea, to expect new players to deposit thousands of dollars, so that they are given A CHANCE at profit with hunting, or is it perhaps a better idea, that this chance is given to them as a small expense

mateiral needed to craft them isnt some rare shit like redulite, keep the markup realistic so that its a competitive alternative to UL
If you want competitive alternative to UL there has to be a bottleneck somewhere, there has to be something special in the blueprint. You cannot have high efficiency, common materials used. You simply cannot... not because I say so or me personally I am invested in my gear a lot, everyone in the game invested in the gear a lot. All the active players are working towards some gear goal, tokens, sets of stuff, tools, towards some skill goals to unlock certain tools. To implement easy to access gear that's cheap and no rarity to it, you need to chop and cut away some very good working chunks of the game. Implementing these Ls you keep talking about, high eff, low decay, easy to farm, will only mean people need a lot less investment, a lot less challange and that's exactly where the game went in the past few years and successfully I may add. Activities during mayhems increased a lot and people's gear improved a lot and also, good direction, expanded a lot, with the new attachemnts and new tools added in vendors lately. MA needs to expand on that, not to cut everything to oversimplyfy and throw Ls. You won't be needing those Ls at all, because if you haven't figured out, the MU in the game is revolving around UL gear, towards tiering, towards farming components for UL armors, UL plates, UL faps. UL ships soon? :D
Removing incentive to work towards some goals is removing interest. A lo of people generate a lot of money for MA just by working on a goal. Rendering these goals useless, will kill an important segment which you want to sell your MU to.
You cannot kite your entire game with L pistols from battle sim in EST on caperons and expect THAT to be the edge forever. Everyone can do that... there's nothing special there. Unless you also change the entire META just so that you can instantly have access to best profits.
You can keep arguing with everyone, but what you are asking is exactly monopoly money to become stronger that the US dollar. Just so you can get a shortcut to working for money.

The gist I get from OP is that he wants the UL weapons to drop in value by making the more costly to use thus driving up L price which makes them more costly to use, so hunters get screwed all around. Good luck with that as we will just stop playing as much or all together if our ped burn rate is accelerated. I'm an old timer and don't play much anyway, but might not play at all if I find it too expensive. Mostly I think I play for the nostalgia of it.

Maybe if they did this at a lower level, likely entry level (new players joining the game), Entropia could maybe RETAIN those players. This could increase the barrier for entry that most new players see, whilst not messing with any long time players or their gear or play style. My 2 cents, we need more players.

If you want competitive alternative to UL there has to be a bottleneck somewhere, there has to be something special in the blueprint
no, there actualy doesent have to be something special, something special can be reserved for some ultra special gear, but if we introduced low dps high eff weapons into the game, those can be crafted with common materials
To implement easy to access gear that's cheap and no rarity to it, you need to chop and cut away some very good working chunks of the game

the introduction of such gear is needed becouse the noobs have no shot at sucess otherwise, well, unless they are willing to jump over that 3k$ paywall, which is , as we can see, not such a good idea when it comes to retaining players, it seems you are reaching the breaking point at how much shit the noobs are going to eat befor they quit, you are in fact curently talking to a guy who allready quit, so i wont bother you guys too much longer :D
Implementing these Ls you keep talking about, high eff, low decay, easy to farm, will only mean people need a lot less investment, a lot less challange and that's exactly where the game went in the past few years and successfully I may add
the improvment of L gear came in form of armatrix like 8 years ago, and stronger amps for these shit guns, but these changes affacted eff very little, and even extenders can be added to this list, you could argue that becouse MA is introducing stronger UL gear they are working on solving this problem of a few people having exlusive acess to ultra eff gear that generates alot of money, but if we view lack of acess to efficiency as a problem, then the best solution isnt adding UL gear that wont cotribute to economy, its adding L gear, and changing how tier components work, i wouldnt mind if you could spend some ammount of tier comps on a L gun to instantly give it tiers, might only need to be a few tier comps, this even if no more UL guns drop would retain the MU on tier comps
Activities during mayhems increased a lot and people's gear improved a lot and also, good direction, expanded a lot, with the new attachemnts and new tools added in vendors lately
peoples gear is "improving" becouse stronger UL guns are beeing added into the pool, L guns have been ignored for idk how many years, except, for also having stronger attachments that are UL in the pool (not a good thing becouse its UL), that can be attached to a L weapon and improving it slightly
MA needs to expand on that, not to cut everything to oversimplyfy and throw Ls
it is much more complex , and il agree, its much more annoying aswell, when you have to play the auction for L weapons, becouse they are not always in stock, the oversimplification comes from UL, once you own it, you dont have to really think about your weapon anymore, unless youre thinking of improving it
You won't be needing those Ls at all, because if you haven't figured out, the MU in the game is revolving around UL gear, towards tiering, towards farming components for UL armors, UL plates, UL faps. UL ships soon?
you are correct, the Ls at this point are not even a placeholder, they are a trap for people who dont have enaugh money, that will make them unsucesfull when it comes to hunting, that is the reason why the game revolves around UL 2.0 guns, becouse everything else is just not good enaugh to profit.. or more specific.. the worse results your gun brings in TT returns, the more "knowledge " you will need just to break even, while at the same time beeing at the mercy of the market, even with complete knowledge of which mobs bring what extra MU, becouse you are so far behind using shit eff weapons, a certain MU treshold needs to be met, which might not always be possible, example, lets say that a 60 eff weapon produces 95% avarage returns, there needs to be a monster that has 105% MU for me to break even, if such a monster due to market forces curently doesent exist, there is nothing i can do in hunting to make money, in fact my advice to people who have low budgets is, dont hunt at all, do healing or mining instead

Removing incentive to work towards some goals is removing interest. A lo of people generate a lot of money for MA just by working on a goal. Rendering these goals useless, will kill an important segment which you want to sell your MU to.
the goal of all people in this game, wheter they admit it or not, is to make money, hit a big hof, they are gamblers afterall, the improvemnt you are talking about is less so with UL gear, becouse people find themselfs all the time having the level to use a strong weapon, but lacking the money to buy it, due to their high prices, a much easyer incentive to progress would be to have L guns that are competitive to their UL counterparts in the game, this way when you reach your next milestone, the stronger weapon will be available for you on the AH, and ofc the MU generated by L gear will be, the crafter buys mats from hunters and miners, he then gives a portion of the TT to mindark to craft the gear, which gets sold back to the hunters and miners, all the gear does not have to be looted, in fact, it goes to another point of mine, that instead of looting guns, people should loot only rare materials to craft the guns, those would be stackables, and i would apply the same principle to esis, esis are craftable stackable material found in loot, which then have to go trough a crafter for a final product

You cannot kite your entire game with L pistols from battle sim in EST on caperons and expect THAT to be the edge forever. Everyone can do that... there's nothing special there. Unless you also change the entire META just so that you can instantly have access to best profits.
not everyone can do that, in fact, becouse AI isnt strong enaugh yet, it cannot be automated, so human input is always needed, but it is a statement of, not everybody can hunt in EST and avoid dmg compared to what, as far as i am concerned, top hunters due to their high eff gear and how TT returns work, just bot nowdays, this shows that when it comes to "knowledge" it is only a smokescreen, it is the exuse given for why somebody has failed, "knowledge" can be the determining factor in why you failed, but it would be if the player hunted something as shit as tripudions, but here is what generaly happens, and why these players become stuck in a losing loop, they invest some money, not that much, maybe enaugh to buy some 60 eff UL weapon, this weapon then produces shit returns, not enaugh to profit, they start losing money, very soon they have to sell the weapon, they switch to L thinking the extra cost wont be that huge of a deal, but now its even worse, the L guns are also at 60 eff, and on top of that, they are paying around 1-2% extra in MU (depending of how much "knowledge they got"), and now, unless they are willing to jump over that paywall to get a 2.0 UL weapon, they will be stuck in this loop forever, as i have said befor, if a player is really dumb at the decisions they make, not even a 2.0 weapon will save them, but it seems stupid to me, that the players who require the most "knowledge", are the players who are climbing the ladder, and dont wnat to invest a huge ammount into the game..

You can keep arguing with everyone, but what you are asking is exactly monopoly money to become stronger that the US dollar. Just so you can get a shortcut to working for money.
this statement makes no sense, i am giving my "veteran" opinions on a subject i feal i have enaugh understanding in, as a player who made lots of money befor loot 2.0 and understand what the changes in loot 2.0 are, i understand that with low eff weapons, you cannot win, now obv looter levels is also a factor here.. one of the worst decisions by mindark, and it shows, if these decisions were so great, people like me who have "knowledge" should profit, well i do :D, but not enaugh, it is such small numbers, that it is pointless to continue playing, the numbers would be higher if i started boting, but for boting to work out, i would need stronger gear, and im not really hyped about needing to bot anyway, to me it feals like a game in the final phase, where anybody can just do whatever they want, becouse the servers will soon shut down

if the game was good, i wouldnt have quit, and i hope it will be good one day so i will want to come back, and maybe it is not as bad as i think, im not really the target audience, i play for money, and i dont want to mine, i specificly focus in my sugjestions only on hunting, becouse its the thing i know and i enjoyed doing ( to some degree)

Let the unlimited weapons do less damage the more they get decayed, just like current armour lose protection with durability loss.

Limited gear will gain more popularity.
Nope :rolleyes:

Friendly advice to op instead of coming up with ideas to devalue unlimited weapons every few weeks why not make a buy thread for the weapon you want at the price your willing to pay. Make sure to lock the thread.

Also you need to think through your plans and their long term consequences. For example you seem to be proud and claim the mob resistance to certain damage types was your idea, which mindark seem to have adopted and may roll out on more mobs in the future. Eventually all mobs on all planets may even be like this. In that scenario I foresee people wanting to own multiple weapons for their own use. Hence driving up demand and their price. For someone who can't afford or not willing to pay for a weapon at current prices that seems like a foolish accomplishment as you would have to pay more for an unlimited weapon and not be able to use it on some mobs.

UL should be just that: repairable. MU spent on L vs bigger upfront of UL. Uber gear should be powerful and rare (not the shitfest that is happening rn).
Unhealthy gap of efficiency of UL armas vs L ones, was an unjustified mistake.

Good luck with that as we will just stop playing as much or all together
Great. You leaving will open space to new players who are willing to adapt to a new system. As 20 years of this game shows: no one is irreplaceable.

You simply cannot... not because I say so
Your subjective opinion, tied to "investment on your gear", is the only argument for it.
Investment in UL gear is net gain 0 for the system. People who buy X UL gear will try (and mostly succeed) to sell it for the same amount.
Cycle is what creates the revenue.

UL should be just that: repairable. MU spent on L vs bigger upfront of UL. Uber gear should be powerful and rare (not the shitfest that is happening rn).
Unhealthy gap of efficiency of UL armas vs L ones, was an unjustified mistake.

Great. You leaving will open space to new players who are willing to adapt to a new system. As 20 years of this game shows: no one is irreplaceable.

Your subjective opinion, tied to "investment on your gear", is the only argument for it.
Investment in UL gear is net gain 0 for the system. People who buy X UL gear will try (and mostly succeed) to sell it for the same amount.
Cycle is what creates the revenue.
no idea, i might be to noob to understand but tiering one tier costs me 17K ped on my weapon guess that does not go into the system as well right ?

no idea, i might be to noob to understand but tiering one tier costs me 17K ped on my weapon guess that does not go into the system as well right ?
TT? yes. 17k at 98% tt return is: 340 ped contributed to the system. (farmed with UL).
MU? no. You will sell it to the next player in line with those costs accounted. Or you feeling charitable for this one? (according to your selling threads... you are not).

I didn't know there is only a fixed number of slots for players and I had to leave the game to allow a new player in. I guess mindark would be upset if they actually had more paying customers...

Back