Unreal update please...

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
About a year ago I was doing a bunch of Polls in this forum about Entropia and the transition to Unreal Engine and I actually got a private message from Dennis at MindArk thanking me and telling me that "We are currently discussing doing a Devblog post or FAQ in not a too distant future based on this."

I would really like to know what MindArk's definition of "not a too distant future" is. Normally my formula for estimating how long it will take MindArk to do something they promised is:

X (reasonable amount of time it should take at the most), multiplied by a factor of 5. So naturally, I thought about how long it should take to put together a FAQ or Devblog post and my conclusion was 2 months. I then multiplied that by 5 and got 10. Here we are 11 months later and I'm starting to actually get worried that the whole Unreal thing has now been cancelled altogether...

Are the Unreal Tokens the new Compet deeds now?

MindArk, please provide an update on this whole Unreal thing.. Is it happening or not?

Mostly very short comments - what is there to add quite frankly?
Well, as to the quote, Comp(l)et(e) failure money went to MA, whilst UE token mu is moving from player to player. Also, sentiment still appears to be ok, or at least a market at 10 peds indicates this in my opinion.
How many have dropped, I wonder and:
Are tokens still dropping?

Mostly very short comments - what is there to add quite frankly?
Well, as to the quote, Comp(l)et(e) failure money went to MA, whilst UE token mu is moving from player to player. Also, sentiment still appears to be ok, or at least a market at 10 peds indicates this in my opinion.
How many have dropped, I wonder and:
Are tokens still dropping?
I got 2 UETs today in the MH instance.

Im sure alot is going on at MA office with the release of the new instance, new mobs, TWEN, Merry Mayhem, Triton shares and other general things that keeps our beloved virtual world spinning. Not to mention that its christmas holidays :)

When the holidats are over, perhaps late January 2024, I would also appriciate an update with regards to UE5.

I would appriciate an update for several reasons but mainly because MA (you jolly people I aim this at) has, in my opinion, cummunicated that there will be updates in various forms (devblog is one example).

I am not looking for a grand post, pictures or videos or a detailed roadmap. Just a ”Implimenting UE5 is a bigger project than antisipated and the original timeline will therefor be expanded” or a ”things are on track for release”.

Im sure all entropians understand the undertaking this kind of project is. That its hard to estimate when it will be done. And its done when its done and not before.

Until then happy holidays 🎄🎄🎄🎄🌲🌲🎅🤶🧑‍🎄

All the new contents made recently (teleports, rdi, spina etc.) Looks like they were made as ue5 ready, so we can not say they did not do anything at all. Even the spina cave promo image was captured in UE5, the one where avatar's stance is obviously not cryengine.

I still don't think it will happen before 2026, and Hope to God that they will have money to go trough it, because at least in my eyes and my subjective opinion the game is declining slowly. There is no point of auto hunting non stop, forcing copy paste events, cringy hype etc.

I am cheering for it to happen, Hope there is some teaser or something they can publish to motivate us to keep doing cringe events and keep hunting for no real reason.

From their Q2 2023 report:

"During the second quarter, the pre-production of our Character Customization system, armors, weapons, and related objects was completed. These elements constitute the technical foundation for the upcoming production in Unreal Engine 5. To facilitate future production processes and the quantity of items needed, a modular weapon system has been created, which included a re-design of parameterization and its properties. This work also lays the groundwork for a smoother production phase and more varied and interesting items in the future. Our player systems Hunting, Mining, and Crafting have passed the Proof of Concept stage and are thus ready for implementation. At the same time, the work has continued to improve creature character behaviors and worked on integrating them with other parts of the game.

During Q2, a production environment was established and the teams commenced creating the game world. First, the landscape was developed and created a “Greybox” of a planet in Entropia Universe, the southern parts of planet Calypso’s Eudoria, to visualize how this beautiful area could look like in Unreal
Engine 5."

No details were shared on Unreal transition progress in their Q3 report. The tech notes focused on the Spina and TWEN events. The only mention was this:

"MindArk continues to work towards transitioning to Unreal Engine 5 from its current engine powering Entropia Universe and its underlying systems".

Hoping for good news & details in the Q4 report due in February 2024.

"During the second quarter, the pre-production of our Character Customization system, armors, weapons, and related objects was completed. These elements constitute the technical foundation for the upcoming production in Unreal Engine 5. To facilitate future production processes and the quantity of items needed, a modular weapon system has been created, which included a re-design of parameterization and its properties. This work also lays the groundwork for a smoother production phase and more varied and interesting items in the future. Our player systems Hunting, Mining, and Crafting have passed the Proof of Concept stage and are thus ready for implementation. At the same time, the work has continued to improve creature character behaviors and worked on integrating them with other parts of the game.

During Q2, a production environment was established and the teams commenced creating the game world. First, the landscape was developed and created a “Greybox” of a planet in Entropia Universe, the southern parts of planet Calypso’s Eudoria, to visualize how this beautiful area could look like in Unreal
Engine 5."

No details were shared on Unreal transition progress in their Q3 report. The tech notes focused on the Spina and TWEN events. The only mention was this:

"MindArk continues to work towards transitioning to Unreal Engine 5 from its current engine powering Entropia Universe and its underlying systems".

Good info, do you have a link?

sad do not having news that we can share to the world from our own network. insagram or else a always good for showing with sharing

they add it step-by-step. UE5 vegetation by 2030

About a year ago I was doing a bunch of Polls in this forum about Entropia and the transition to Unreal Engine and I actually got a private message from Dennis at MindArk thanking me and telling me that "We are currently discussing doing a Devblog post or FAQ in not a too distant future based on this."

I would really like to know what MindArk's definition of "not a too distant future" is. Normally my formula for estimating how long it will take MindArk to do something they promised is:

X (reasonable amount of time it should take at the most), multiplied by a factor of 5. So naturally, I thought about how long it should take to put together a FAQ or Devblog post and my conclusion was 2 months. I then multiplied that by 5 and got 10. Here we are 11 months later and I'm starting to actually get worried that the whole Unreal thing has now been cancelled altogether...

MindArk, please provide an update on this whole Unreal thing.. Is it happening or not?
I wish they'd get on with it as well because many locations on some of the planets REALLY need it.

Ahh, but will unreal vus contain the richness of new content and features that MA vus have?

Engine 5."

Thanks for that, it's good to know that they have been working on it this year. But I don't really understand the radio silence here on PCF, after having created a sub-forum here specifically for Devblogs and discussions about the new UE version of Entropia that's being created.

Thanks for that, it's good to know that they have been working on it this year. But I don't really understand the radio silence here on PCF, after having created a sub-forum here specifically for Devblogs and discussions about the new UE version of Entropia that's being created.

Pretty sure the radio silence isn't just affecting PCF. Response times to support tickets have been horrendous lately and they didn't used to be this bad. I have a support ticket that was opened back on Nov. 6th; it's still open today and the last blurb from MindArk on the ticket was almost a month ago. :( :( (n)

AI doesnt understand how to compile a FAQ in EU employee style
It's not bad at producing an "alternative form" of their letters to shareholders though ;) ;)

Mindarks silence on this is disturbing. Surely they realise that an update would do wonders for the uptake of their triton shares, which to this point has been disastrous. With returns looking at being a 20 year return on investment, people will need to be pretty confident that the game has longevity or will have a massive uptick in activity to shorten that return. UE5 was pitched to provide both so it should be in their interest to keep us updated with all the latest developments.
No updates in my mind says this has been delayed or abandoned, or worse, simply a scam to generate a bit of short term hype.
Prove me wrong please.

gave it the chatGPT treatment... ;)

"In the second quarter, we managed to complete some technical stuff for our game. We made some character customization systems, armors, weapons, and other objects so that we can actually start making the game. We also created a modular weapon system which is apparently supposed to make things easier for us in the future, whatever that means.

We also passed the Proof of Concept stage for our player systems, like hunting, mining, and crafting. So now we can actually start implementing them, although who knows if they will actually work. We've also been working on making the creatures in the game behave better, because apparently that's important.

We finally figured out how to create the game world and made a "Greybox" of a planet to show what it could look like. It's in some place called Entropia Universe on planet Calypso, but who really cares.

Oh, and by the way, we're still trying to transition to Unreal Engine 5, but it's been a real pain in the ass."

Back