Question: Unreasonable return since last VU

I'm usualy the 1st to moan on bad loots.

Cant say though, that i've noticed much difference in returns both before and after the last update.

Not had any new items, except for a Cryo nanochip 3 drop, but tt wise, been steady ish, 90 odd percent or there abouts. 1 or 2 sour runs of around 60-70% returns, but not every hunt.

Did a corn run earlier though, they usualy drop loads of coloniser feet, but not a single drop tonight (testing out a gauss gun, why i did corns tonight :) ) Would like to know what items have been removed completly, and what guns have been replaced, are the old school LR48's, 53's etc, and HL 6, 8 and 12 etc still dropping?

Last edited:

CLD average payouts decreasing all the time...

Now that's straight out wrong.

Last 10 weeks payouts:

Maximum since CLDs were released: 10.41ped
Minimum since CLDs were released: 1.94ped
Average payout since CLD's were released: 4.74ped
Median payout since CLD's were released: 4.44ped

This game is on the verge of bankruptcy, losing players all the time, new players quitting within weeks.
Yes, the sky is falling, but wasn't it always like that? At least for the last 6 years, the period I know firsthand, it was. People are ranting, quitting, returning, getting hofs and forgiving, until next time. Yes, it's a perverted model of success, but it works.

Now that's straight out wrong.

Last 10 weeks payouts:

Maximum since CLDs were released: 10.41ped
Minimum since CLDs were released: 1.94ped
Average payout since CLD's were released: 4.74ped
Median payout since CLD's were released: 4.44ped

Last 15 (!) average payouts:

25.72%
25.66%
25.59%
25.48%
25.37%
25.26%
25.17%
25.11%
25.01%
24.91%
24.82%
24.73%
24.70%
24.67%
24.62%

Read what you comment on. Tyvm.

I don't remeber any VU after wchich loot been disuced on over 30 pages in few threads 24 hrs after it happened

Yes, the sky is falling, but wasn't it always like that? At least for the last 6 years, the period I know firsthand, it was. People are ranting, quitting, returning, getting hofs and forgiving, until next time. Yes, it's a perverted model of success, but it works.

No, i've made fun out of the "sky is falling threads" years ago, too...

Some thing were different back then though, but seriously, i can't be arsed to explain the differences when you can't see them yourself.

And, it works... no, i don't think so. They didn't even profit last years - maybe 2011 looks better, didn't see it.

I don't remeber any VU after wchich loot been disuced on over 30 pages in few threads 24 hrs after it happened

VU10. Every little thing was screwed up so much that the loot was the least concern :D

edit: ah wait, I thought you said "hadn't been"

I don't know, MA may have a team of hundred people who're trying hard to become another Blizzard. But my model is pretty viable too and, again, would explain a lot :)

sure its viable in a sense, but a little bit bigger than now but not quite blizzard would be nice?

The problem is that neither we nor maybe Kim will know if payouts are different now without any additional data.

Having several players addressing bad returns is not sufficient to prove anything. It is only a hint that there might have been changes.

As CLD returns (based on decay) do look similar as the weeks before, it might be good to get also total payouts for the last weeks. As Entropialife is biased and thefore not usable (only globals and planet specific mobs), it might be good that MA reveals some data. This is the only way to resolve the actual dilemma (many tears and no overall data).

If the loot list got modified then it might be possible that loot pool got emptied and has to be refilled.

It is a miracle, that they always have to fill up the pool after a vu ! ok, they clean it before the vu :silly2:

TBH, look at ANY such thread: they're negativity magnets. Everyone - who affected (if!), or who thinking that he is affected, or simply who... just affected - moving to those threads.

You may not have been around for the removal of ped in loot then in 2006.They screwed the loot system up in vu8.7, there was reduction in loot at the time so they added ammo in loot in vu8.7.3 two weeks later.

25.72%
25.66%
25.59%
25.48%
25.37%
25.26%
25.17%
25.11%
25.01%
24.91%
24.82%
24.73%
24.70%
24.67%
24.62%

Activity in EU is undeniably seasonal. And since this is the first year of CLDs, it is rather hard to know exactly what we can expect due to that. Also seems to me there is more activity on other planets than there was a year ago, possibly at the expense of some Calypso activity.

What you're quoting is an average of an average, and when you look at the data, clearly affected by the Mayhem and Atrax queen events earlier in the year.

The 'last 15 (!) average payouts', as shown by Meculus' spreadsheet, has been:
26.31%
23.92%
23.14%
21.94%
21.58%
20.96%
21.94%
23.09%
21.06%
20.59%
21.48%
20.75%
23.24%
23.76%
22.26%

Activity in EU is undeniably seasonal. And since this is the first year of CLDs, it is rather hard to know exactly what we can expect due to that. Also seems to me there is more activity on other planets than there was a year ago, possibly at the expense of some Calypso activity.

We will undoubtedly find out if that still holds true.

The CLD payouts are just a small and unreliable indicator though (did we EVER have years before with so many events? They sure do their best to keep players playing).

In my opinion, the whole CLD sale was a rather desperate stunt, because MA ran out of money.
Now we have that odd construct where players own parts of Calypso, yet next to zero rights (unlike share holders IRL). Players use CLDs to fund their gameplay... but MA (and subsequently the PP) needs fresh deposits to keep going.

This all wasn't really thought through, and will eventually kill the entire system - or at least it has the potential to do so pretty quickly - i am quite sure that the payout do not reflect the weekly profit, but they try to even it out a bit.

You know how such things work - it only needs a single spark to set the entire universe on fire.
(do i need to say "Tulip mania"?)

But well, we all know that MA is (in)famous for their incredibly short-sighted "solutions".

& these numbers are couse the weekend is over I guess?
All i can say is that since this awesome patch, I had 75 globals, not a single profit run & looted 1*85 ped TT L hg & about 130 ped TT in 2 L MF chips.
If anyone thinks this are normal results then pls refrain from replying as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Hunting and mining globals down 30%. WTF!?!?!?! I was seriously contemplating a deposit as I sold one of my RL toys and had some extra cash..... instead I'm buying an ounce of cocaine because I'm sure it would last longer than my deposit in EU..... and I'm a f'king fiend!

Menace

Don't worry Menace, according to the fanboys it meens a big one will drop :laugh:

The lower amount of global loots are due to the fact that we're running an event that involves hunting Primordial Longus. This creature was designed using an "old school" approach with low health and high damage which results in fairly low loot amounts per kill, this in turn results in fewer overall global loots.

I can understand the frustration some of you feel when you're having bad loot runs and when it coincides with a VU its easy to place the blame there but I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the loot system. We have several safeguards and watchdogs in place to prevent any such thing from happening as we know such a problem could have devastating consequences.

The lower amount of global loots are due to the fact that we're running an event that involves hunting Primordial Longus. This creature was designed using an "old school" approach with low health and high damage which results in fairly low loot amounts per kill, this in turn results in fewer overall global loots.

I can understand the frustration some of you feel when you're having bad loot runs and when it coincides with a VU its easy to place the blame there but I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the loot system. We have several safeguards and watchdogs in place to prevent any such thing from happening as we know such a problem could have devastating consequences.

So L items like guns are dropping with an intended frequency? (1 in 45 globals on plongu's)

Just another note:

Even the number of sweat gather attempts that get the gather animation (and sucess if focused)

have decreaced in frequency

This creature was designed using an "old school" approach with low health and high damage which results in fairly low loot amounts per kill.

Ty btw for confirming 1 of the reasons I'm thinking of leaving.. Defense skills & medic skills/gear means nothing.
Sad to see this for a game that's supposed to be skillbased.

What you're quoting is an average of an average, and when you look at the data, clearly affected by the Mayhem and Atrax queen events earlier in the year.

The 'last 15 (!) average payouts', as shown by Meculus' spreadsheet, has been:
26.31%
23.92%
23.14%
21.94%
21.58%
20.96%
21.94%
23.09%
21.06%
20.59%
21.48%
20.75%
23.24%
23.76%
22.26%

Average of an average???

I think you have problems understanding the meaning behind the math.

The data i have quoted (and that's what i was talking about all the time) is taken from the AVG ROI column in the google docs spreadsheet.

That's not the "average of an average" - that is the average overall payout, projected on one year,
or in other words, the payout (in percent) you can expect when you hold the deed one year (assuming you bought them for 1k PED).

They have been affected a bit by all the events, yes (so many events this year, i wonder where this comes from)...

It is, however, DECREASING ever since end of February (slight ups may be there, but the trend is clear).

The total interest paid out (22.26%) is clearly below what MA claimed (25-30% or was it even 30-35%? Don't remember, don'T care enough to look it up...).

Yes, seasonal effects, yada yada, but we have middle of October meanwhile - when is that much-cited seasonal effect supposed to kick in??? The average in that column already (partially) covers one winter season!

The times where people enjoyed the weather rather than playing EU is over for quite a while already - everyone holding CLDs should better get used to ~20% interest and not wait for some miracle to happen during MM - even a (single) payout of 15 PED will not rise the average much.

They can't do Atrox Queens event every other week, you know.

VU time is always bad times for my loots

i always ask myself why i hunting straight after VU. Someones gota fill the lootpool, maybe the system sucking everyone dry so P-longu can drop ATH????

quick everyone better go hunt more ;)

:D

This creature was designed using an "old school" approach with low health and high damage which results in fairly low loot amounts per kill.

Ty btw for confirming 1 of the reasons I'm thinking of leaving.. Defense skills & medic skills/gear means nothing.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, the Plongu has very strong attacks that make good defenses an absolute nescessity, particularly if you're hunting the bigger ones.

You are non-depo player

why so much upset for something you get for free? :D

I'm not sure what you're talking about, the Plongu has very strong attacks that make good defenses an absolute nescessity, particularly if you're hunting the bigger ones.

Allowing you to spend more for the same bad loot? Thanks for the introduction of this mob :)

More decay, less loot - yes, got that. :banghead:

Basicly it means to me that I'm better off hunting levi's with a descent dps & dpp then skill evade/first aid to do mobs that give nothing back markup wise.
Can only speak for pre-vu ofc but spiders was a very good example of it.
Seg is another one, high dmg loads of fapping but 0 mu in it these days.
Dasp also a nice example

You are non-depo player

why so much upset for something you get for free? :D

You got your sources wrong..
I was a heavy depo'er who stopped depo'ing some time ago when his strg WAS still pretty full..

How did this thread get so long?

Back