Upgrade Replicator and failed upgrade items in loot.

Mojoswoptops

Old Alpha
Society
Zoku
Mojo 'Panic' Swoptops
My first question is, where is the quote from Marco mentioning anything at all about the failed items returning to the loot 'pool'? I have seen many references to it, yet many searches, including all of his posts up untill the Tier Upgrade process was introduced, produced nothing.

Just one mention of many, many I have seen.

Also, why did he/MA/whoever even bother mentioning the Upgrade Replicator...

It doesn't seem to have prevented any insane (imo, I have no idea on uber's success rates) tiering up of expensive items.

It seems it would've worked just as well for them to never even mention it.

Now they have to (supposedly) drop one. Eventually. Or not lol.

Just curious. ;)

Cheers.

Upgrade Replicator is for the unique items i woul;d guess

If it ever comes it will take a long time before it arrives.
MA wants a load of mid/high level gear gone from the game.

So far the score that i know is
2 ML-35's
1 ML-45

And so far we have not heared of any of the above items dropping again. By now at least an ML-35 drop would have been expected.

Cheers
Siam

Also a FAP 69 SGA was lost. ;)

Also a FAP 69 SGA was lost. ;)

Since it is SGA we know for sure it is not gonna drop again.
Ancient gear is also for sure not gonna drop again.

Yep, no doubt, it will not drop again. Curiously, after a ML35 was lost, an ML35 SGA was looted a while after. This was after SGA was supposed to have finished. But to be honest, I don't really mind if they are lost for good or not, tiering items you aren't willing to lose is crazy stupid. I just want to see proof that Marco stated they will be returned in loot, just for verifications sake as many people are claiming he said so.

2 ML-35's
1 ML-45

And so far we have not heared of any of the above items dropping again. By now at least an ML-35 drop would have been expected.

Cheers
Siam

ml35 has been looted by cK

ml35 has been looted by cK

I heared that rumour. Have they posted a screenshot? I can not find it. (Can be me though)
I have heared many strong stories including mod FAP drops. So as for a rumour to turn true a screenshot as proof would be nice.

I heared that rumour. Have they posted a screenshot? I can not find it. (Can be me though)
I have heared many strong stories including mod FAP drops. So as for a rumour to turn true a screenshot as proof would be nice.

most ubers dont post ss of item drops or uber loots

This looks for me more than accidental:

2010-02-28 22:25:21 [Local] Mrs Emma Peel killed a creature (Atrox Provider) with a value of 8460 PED at LA 40, Atrox Valley! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
2010-02-28 22:25:22 [Local] Platonas Tromos Bios manufactured an item (OreAmp OA-101 (L)) worth 53 PED!
2010-02-28 22:25:25 [Local] Team "ML-45 again in loot pool!" killed a creature (Mulaak'f Warrior) with a value of 227 PED!

Only catch is that we'll never learn if that HOF contained an ML45, since that soc (thinking of one beginning with the letter "W") usually are silent as clams to what they loot.

This looks for me more than accidental:

2010-02-28 22:25:21 [Local] Mrs Emma Peel killed a creature (Atrox Provider) with a value of 8460 PED at LA 40, Atrox Valley! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
2010-02-28 22:25:22 [Local] Platonas Tromos Bios manufactured an item (OreAmp OA-101 (L)) worth 53 PED!
2010-02-28 22:25:25 [Local] Team "ML-45 again in loot pool!" killed a creature (Mulaak'f Warrior) with a value of 227 PED!

Only catch is that we'll never learn if that HOF contained an ML45, since that soc (thinking of one beginning with the letter "W") usually are silent as clams to what they loot.

im pretty sure that one is refureing to the one hulk lost in upgrade not that it had looted again yet

My first question is, where is the quote from Marco mentioning anything at all about the failed items returning to the loot 'pool'? I have seen many references to it, yet many searches, including all of his posts up untill the Tier Upgrade process was introduced, produced nothing.

That's because it was never said.

This is the quote that people keep referring to:

By adding the secondary item as an ingredient we also get a drain in the economy concerning unlimited items. Drains are essential to have in the Entropia economy system. With a drain in place we have more ability to adjust the balancing and increase drop rates of unlimited items; something we believe is good for the community as a whole.

As you can see this says nothing about items returning to the loot pool.

And I don't think the replacement item will ever exist, it was only mentioned in an aside by Marco and I don't think it was entirely serious.

Rumour and misundertstanding is often a lot more widespread than the truth round here.

Last edited:

2 ML-35's
1 ML-45

Cheers
Siam

Apparently a cK member looted one recently :wise:

[edit]
"read the thread!"
/facepalm

That's because it was never said.

This is the quote that people keep referring to:

As you can see this says nothing about items returning to the loot pool.

And I don't the replacement item will ever exist, it was only mentioned in an aside by Marco and I don't think it was entirely serious.

Rumour and misundertstanding is often a lot more widespread than the truth round here.

Thanks mate, I feel my questions have been pretty much answered here. Would like to think someone in Marco's position wouldn't spread rumours himself but well, it does serve him well to I suppose. Luckily I'm not waiting for the replicator, nor will I ever need it, given that my most expensive possession is either my Bravo or my 104. Thanks for responses guys.

Thanks mate, I feel my questions have been pretty much answered here. Would like to think someone in Marco's position wouldn't spread rumours himself but well, it does serve him well to I suppose. Luckily I'm not waiting for the replicator, nor will I ever need it, given that my most expensive possession is either my Bravo or my 104. Thanks for responses guys.

There might be a chance though the item Ter got as event prize might be a "replicator" item. Remember, it was said to be part of a new "entirely new weapon system" (that wasn't implemented at the time - so not the rocket launchers on steorids).

Back