Vehicles info, video and facts Thread

ALEXANDER

Elite
RO ALEX ALEXANDER
This is where I will post vehicles information, videos and facts.
NOTE: THREAD UNDER CONSTANT EDIT.

INFO:

entropia_2010-06-21_17-39-35-79.jpg

entropia_2010-06-21_17-39-45-59.jpg

VIDEOS:

-Beyond ultra graphic settings, during day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwWOuAOmMYQ

-Beyond ultra graphic settings, during night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTGj2szaf1U

FACTS:

-To use a vehicle you first have to commission it. You can do that at PA, there is a new terminal 10m from the TP.

-Vehicles climb hills quite slow. Wheel grip factor and HP are affecting that.

-Vehicles ONLY decay when taking damage. You can pass right through mobs but if you don't take aggro and if they don't hit you or you evade, you do NOT take any damage.

-Fuel consumption: My model (Valkyrie Mk1 (L))consumes 0.17 ped of oil at 10km.

-Valkyrie Mk1 has a storage of @ 33kg and 20 items limit if I recall.

-When someone shoots your vehicle in PVP, it acts like an armor. It decays from those 17 ped tt and it also looses Structural Integrity. TT value and structural integrity are not directly proportional. For example if you get shot once, you lose 4 pec tt and around 30 SI.

-Vehicle storage is also looted but ONLY IF the driver is NOT killed BEFORE the car gets blown up. (need to check this a bit)

-They collide with buildings, shops, terrain, rocks, trees.

-They pass through: Mobs, avatars, other vehicles, some bushes and trees.

-If submerged under 1m deep water you no longer have grip. You have to get down and pick up the car, then swim back to shore and respawn it.

-It seems that cars attract mobs more easily than you would by walking

GUIDE:

Note: In the first stage of the Vehicle System assembly is simplified.

To assemble a vehicle, you will first need to get hold of a crafting blueprint for the vehicle. There are different types of vehicles, and thus there are different blueprints for each.

Craft the vehicle by gathering the necessary parts. Once you have crafted the vehicle, you will find the vehicle under the "Miscellaneous" tab in your inventory. Now you need to visit a Vehicle Commissioning Terminal in order to finalize the assembly process and become registered as a driver.

For more information about how to craft, look under Manufacturing.

Vehicle Commissioning Terminals are located at Twin Peaks, Port Atlantis and Ashi.

Some vehicles also have a gunner seat. To utilize this, a player must have the weapon in his inventory while occupying the gunner seat, as well as the ammunition that the weapon requires. Once in the gunner seat, equip the weapon in order to use it. Fire!

Examples of Vehicle Weapons: Ozutsu, Porcupine, MRL AV30

You can also quickly change seats in order to take control of the gunner seat, or take control of the wheel. Look under the "Driving and Managing Vehicles" tab to read more about vehicle actions

Driving a Vehicle:
First, spawn the vehicle. Right click the vehicle icon in your inventory, and place the vehicle on the ground. Note that you need to be on flat terrain in order to spawn the vehicle.

Once spawned, you will need to fuel the vehicle with Refined Oil in order to drive it. Drag Refined Oil from your inventory and over the vehicle. You will receive a message that the vehicle has been fueled.
After having done so, enter the vehicle by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Operate'. Now you can drive using "W" for acceleration, and "S" for reverse. Use the mouse to steer.

Now, let's look at the vehicle action buttons. Open the Action Book (Default hotkey: Y) and go to the Control section to see the options available.

Vehicle Break: Brings the vehicle to a stop.
Toggle Vehicle Lights: Turns the front- and backlights on and off.
Next Vehicle Seat: Switches avatar between the available seats.
Recall all Vehicles: Recalls all vehicles, so you can re-spawn them.
Exit Vehicle: Makes avatar exit the vehicle.

How to allow a friend access to the car:
After having spawned the vehicle, right click it and find "Open Vehicle Guest UI". Open your friends-list, and drag the friends name from your friends-list into the guest-list. You can also change the permissions for each friend, allowing them to either take the gunner or driver seat, both, or none.

Vehicle Inventory:
In order to access the vehicle inventory, you need to step out of the vehicle. Right click the vehicle and press "Open Vehicle Inventory". Drag and drop the items you want stored from your inventory and to the Vehicle Inventory.

A vehicle will take damage from creatures other players in PvP-Zones. You will not die from the vehicle starting to burn while you are in it, but you will be ejected from the vehicle. To fix the vehicle so you can use it again, you can use the hand-held Vehicle RK-series tool. Point the tool at the vehicle and operate.

This damage is not the same as decay. The vehicle will decay as you use it. Depending on whether the vehicle is a limited or unlimited version, you will be able to repair it in a Repair terminal. However both limited and unlimited vehicles can be fixed by using the Vehicle RK tools.

Driving a vehicle into deep water will also cause you to be ejected from the vehicle. In order to retrieve it, right click the icon in your inventory and click "Retrieve", or use the hotkey "Retrieve all Vehicles".

You can customize a vehicle by adding color and textures to it.

This is done in the same way as coloring a garment or furniture. For more information, read the Tailoring section.

Note that some colors and textures require a certain level of skill to be used. If you want a color or texture over your level of expertise, there are several players who provide this service. Check out the Community Forum, or visit the in-game hotspots in order to get in touch with one.

Last edited:
Thanks for this informative thread.

Question: how are the 2 below statements possible together ?
- Vehicles ONLY decay when taking damage.
- They pass through: Mobs, avatars, some bushes and threes.

I mean, if you drive onto a mob that is hitting you, does the stuff decay? :)

You take aggro AND get instant hit WHILE you pass THROUGH a mob. quite rare but common when passing near ranged mobs (see second video).

yeah exactly, HOW does it count dmg? driving into things / hit by a mob and/or PvP?

Would be nice if it did not take dmg by driving into things..

Thanks.

Sorry, are you sure for the consumption that it is 0.17 PED / 10 km rather than 1 km? Did you calculate or does the Info panel hint told you? :D

Unless my maths skills are even worse that I think, it makes the vehicles more eco that TP chips. (Even if slower). :ahh:

The info panel says so.
BUT vehicles take damage from mobs and are a lot slower than TP chips

-Fuel consumption: My model (Valkyrie Mk1 (L))consumes 0.17 ped of oil at 10km.

Thats roughly 190 km/gallon(120 MPG) for anyone curious! (an exact answer cant be given, since we dont know exactly what kind of 'oil' we refine)

I was curious how they would relate to real world vehicles in that regard :p

damn crappy headlights :p

could you tell us how you got your car?
where was the FPC guy? in a city? outside?

L and C?!? That's a heck of a combination?!?... Lets waste some paint on something that's going to be a throw away toy? I read in another thread that some sort of new tool can fix cars? Is this true, and can you repair the L vehicles, making them not really (L)... Also, if they are (C), where is the C in the name?

Hope they at least made them cheaper to color then clothing because of the (L) on them heh.

Hrm just had an interesting thought tho!

Coloring clothing increases its ped value, wonder if coloring a car does as well. A way to repair cars maybe? lol

So I guess oil prices will go up?
Must dig out my matter finder.....

oil values will stay the same. Since a car used 1 ped of oil at 60km or so....

are all vehicals made going to be (L)?

i can image thats going to be quite annoying, but atlest will make them cheap.

nice thread btw

L and C?!? That's a heck of a combination?!?... Lets waste some paint on something that's going to be a throw away toy? I read in another thread that some sort of new tool can fix cars? Is this true, and can you repair the L vehicles, making them not really (L)... Also, if they are (C), where is the C in the name?

it's not the cars value you repeair, they have two values now, one is tt value one is integrity and the integrity is what you can repair.

it's not the cars value you repeair, they have two values now, one is tt value one is integrity and the integrity is what you can repair.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

yeah. lol

the repair kit. so you can repair the (L) car lol.

Hi

Can you just clarify the difference between integrity and TT(L) decay.

Says it only takes damage when hit - so this would be TT(L) decay - reducing overall life of vehicle?

If this is so then where does integrity - that can be repaired come into it?

Sorry bit confused about all this... lol

Hi

Can you just clarify the difference between integrity and TT(L) decay.

Says it only takes damage when hit - so this would be TT(L) decay - reducing overall life of vehicle?

If this is so then where does integrity - that can be repaired come into it?

Sorry bit confused about all this... lol

From this thread I can only assume it has two values.

The tt (L) and what decays it I can only guess but the armor or integrity is a seperate 0 tt value that does not play any part in the tt value of the vehicle but can be repaired by using a tool that decays instantly.

At this point I could put in a ped grab conspiracy statement quite frankly I've lost the will.

btw according to the release notes we have boats and helicopters on the way for everyone to wet themselves in excitement over ;)

Can we expect the Nano suit in a couple of months then :laugh:

Mechanic

Will there be a new profession...Mechanic?
Maybe races later.

So let me make sure I have this straight... Fuel consumption is .17 PED of oil for every 10 kilometres traveled?

Zane, yes...

I`m still a bit puzzled about the decay - it only decays from damage taken?

I jokingly said about car racing but it really could be possible. If a good track were made with start and finish posts it could be the start of online car racing. Something which at the moment I dont think is possible. That would draw in a whole host of a new breed of players.
Maybe on a new planet?

A couple questions:
  1. Vehicle storage: capacity?
  2. Pvp4: when someone shoots the vehicle, how and where do you repair it?
  3. PvP4: also when shot, does the PKer get to loot the vehicle storage?
  4. Vehicle vs vehicle combat - mechanics, details?
Any experiences about these things yet?

A couple questions:
  1. Vehicle storage: capacity?
  2. Pvp4: when someone shoots the vehicle, how and where do you repair it?
  3. PvP4: also when shot, does the PKer get to loot the vehicle storage?
  4. Vehicle vs vehicle combat - mechanics, details?
Any experiences about these things yet?

first post updated with answers

All the units are in kg and km(as everything else in this game) but when it comes to power output there's nothing like imperial units to make something sound manly. wtg MA for using HP for the sake of testosterone.

All the units are in kg and km(as everything else in this game) but when it comes to power output there's nothing like imperial units to make something sound manly. wtg MA for using HP for the sake of testosterone.

HP = horse power?
isn't that the realworld measure too? :scratch2:

Tested consumption, fooled around for two hours letting ppl in and doing nutcase circles and flips, managed to burn 40pecs worth of oil so definitely will not affect much oil prices. TT stayed the same even if I crashed many times to trees etc. so really very cheap travelling. Stayd well clear of mobs of course.

Back