Version Update 10.3

ok so ive downloaded from the direct link (link on page 15 i think) but now when i open the setup file it opens the client loader and starts downloading again. What am i doing wrong haha.

Such a noob.

C

Ive had the same problem - sob ....another 4 hours to wait...does anyone know whats caused this?

I first tried downloading through BitTorrent DNA which I was getting a slow download speed with, and guessed that I would get a faster download speed via the client loader. The interesting thing is that BitTorrent DNA is supposed to speed up downloads (it comes from a http server) from a content provider. :scratch2: I canceled out at the beginning of the download and reopened client loader to find that it then wouldn't autopatch.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game and that worked. There is some bug which prevents client loader from autopatching if you first select the BT DNA download option and later back out. Wish we could've just been provided the option to download a .torrent file using the BT client of our choice -- that would make more sense.

Last edited:
I agree - we should of been able to pick a client of our choice... I have the game on both my desktop and notebook and since entropia deletes the patch after the installation i'm gonna have to download it twice....

Ive had the same problem - sob ....another 4 hours to wait...does anyone know whats caused this?

I managed to get it sorte in the end. Had to open the containing folder, move to desktop and run as administrator.

Worked in the end and Windows update told me there was a new driver for my graphics card to boot ;)

Maybe a couple more fps haha.

C

Just one more note: When you click "Yes" to use the BitTorrent DNA download method, it installs new software on your PC that has nothing to do with Entropia Universe. You will find a new BitTorrent DNA icon in the Windows Control Panel. To get to Control Panel, press ALT+R for "Run" and then type: "control" and press enter (no quotes).

I never use BT DNA -- µTorrent has met all my needs. I ended up doing a system restore to be sure BT DNA was fully uninstalled.

Last edited:
I never use BT DNA -- µTorrent has met all my needs. I ended up doing a system restore to be sure BT DNA was fully uninstalled.

If I get it right, it's (logically) two different protocols; if an application is designed for "DNA", having another bittorrent client such as µTorrent won't help.

If I get it right, it's (logically) two different protocols; if an application is designed for "DNA", having another bittorrent client such as µTorrent won't help.

It does use the same protocol, but to fully understand what's going on, I recommend reading about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_DNA

And you are right, µTorrent doesn't handle DNA.

Last edited:
PLANET CALYPSO VERSION UPDATE 10.3
2009-11-18

NEW DISTRIBUTION

Originally Posted Here

I don't know about everyone else, but as soon as I saw that the option for a Bittorrent download had a separate EULA available at a separate web site totally unrelated to Entropia Universe, that pretty much gave it away that this would be a separate software installation and would be their software.

They put it right there in black and white. You have to read carefully, and if all else fails, choose the option that preserves what you know and refuses what you do not know.

I just got home around 3 Est and i've dled it no joke around 7 times now but this one has been going steady 2.7-2.9 mb so i think this could be the one.

I downloaded it from FTP no torrant and got the entire thing in 1:05:49.
direct from MA.

And btw THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I can run up and down hills in a semi normal fassion!!!!!!

I played a few hours last night and it was near enjoyable.

As for the cp posts yes.. loot distribution needs to be better split between planet and cp. I noticed we kind of had to build our loot pool back up but there was already a 15k+ hof for cp soon as I logged in. I KNOW there is not that many people up there to out spend the entire planet to get that much loot god favor that fast.

But for now Thanks again as I can now explore and mine properly again.

I downloaded it from FTP no torrant and got the entire thing in 1:05:49.
direct from MA.

And btw THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I can run up and down hills in a semi normal fassion!!!!!!

Just too bad MA didn't publish any ftp link.
Or it would have some problems for people who wanted resume support/need to place the downloaded file on another partition other than windows default.

What a hell is going wrong with the update? I already tried both the download options, and after waiting for almost 2 hours for it to DL, the instalation freezes?!?!?! NO WAY! I've been away for 3 months of hard work, finally had a break to be able to play EU tonight, and this is what MA has to offer?????:mad:

What a hell is going wrong with the update? I already tried both the download options, and after waiting for almost 2 hours for it to DL, the instalation freezes?!?!?! NO WAY! I've been away for 3 months of hard work, finally had a break to be able to play EU tonight, and this is what MA has to offer?????:mad:

Many of us couldnt get either method to work and had to use a torrent.

Here is the link and info about it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/170962-new-vu-torrent.html

Both Torrent and update have failed, looking for options. Unistalled and trying again 3rd time lucky:scratch2:

Both Torrent and update have failed, looking for options. Unistalled and trying again 3rd time lucky:scratch2:

Dante's torrent failed?

Dante's torrent failed?

Yep and unistalled and deleted that, then cleaned drive and files out and the unpacked intalled again .......Failed
Keeps on comming up with its an old version on client loader.
Stuffed if I know what happening so I'm trying a fresh download of full package from MA again atm:scratch2:

Ok, Dante's torrent didn't solve my problem either, but a good night sleep from both me and the PC solved the situation. Woke up this morning, rebooted and i still had the MA torrent installer file on my desktop. I clicked it just thinking why not? And it installed fine! So.. after downloading the file, just turn off the pc, and try again later on.. It might also work for you :D. :yay:

PS: BTW, on my way to the computer, i grabbed a black and red hemiptera (insect).. I was on my way to throw it back to the garden when the blasted thing stinged me. Hurted like hell, and now have a swelling finger, and my hand lost some sensibility (like if i had ants crawling up the sleave)... omw to the kitchen to apply some ice on it.

Last edited:
i grabbed a black and red hemiptera (insect)...

Extrordinary coincidence I too am back to square one and downloading it all again. I tried to explain to my beloved that I would be in bed soon, however the venemous retort after too much time trying update this has rendered hers and my sensibility worthy of sleep.... perhaps few beers before sleep may assist me to recover:D

Hope you are not suffering too much for the bug and I'm glad its not a 'funnel web spider' ...one once put me in hospital for a few days.

Heres to the fresh download my end and may the swelling at your end repond to ice :)

MA, you fucked the signs up once more.

Well done. Really incredible work. :clap:

I've tried to update it 3 times, and 3 times it just froze before even getting to half of the instalation process... I reinstaled EU and it doesn't want to update at all now. All it shows me is this:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Plus when I see the client loader it sais I have less RAM than I really have... again!
:(

I've never had it show the full installed RAM with Windows 7, maybe it shows available RAM that isn't reserved.

Check your version.txt in the Entropia Universe folder, edit it if need be to your current version and then it might update correctly.

Worked for me.

:)

the current version.txt looks like this:

HTML:
[VersionInfo]
CurrentVersion=10.3.0.36176

the one before is 10.3.0.35944 I think, there was an update from 10.3.0.0 to 10.3.0.35944 so maybe thats the one you have?

if so your version.txt should be:

HTML:
[VersionInfo]
CurrentVersion=10.3.0.35944

Sorry, tried with both, still nothing.

I reinstalled to 10.0, that's the only installation file I had on hard drive. Last time I did that (about 2 weeks ago) it started to download patches and VUs automatically. Now nothing like that happens.
Client Loader doesn't want to update the game... There is no window with information about updates and nothing gets installed. When I try to log it tells me I have old version. I know that, I want update :(

what version do you have?

make sure the version.txt is same

I had some problems before back at 10.0 which were "instructions.xml" related, it was supposed to move some files from temp folder then delete them as well but it got 'confused' or something.

I followed the instructions manually, (moved some .exe's, ran and deleted them)

I can't remember exact details as it was so long ago, and my memory isn't what it once was.

Client Loader sais:
ClientLoader Version 10.0.0.28238

I guess that's what you ask about. I reinstalled it because I though that'd help and the only instalation pack I had was right from after the impact and CryEngine being out :(
Now Client Loader doesn't update so I started to download the torrent link thinking it may do the trick, but if it's only the latest patch I kinda miss few in between :(

Client Loader sais:
ClientLoader Version 10.0.0.28238

I guess that's what you ask about. I reinstalled it because I though that'd help and the only instalation pack I had was right from after the impact and CryEngin being out :(

ok, make sure your version.txt is

HTML:
[VersionInfo]
CurrentVersion=10.0.0.28238

and delete any EU files in your temp folder, then try again, do you have any update.exe files in your EU folder?

Ok, edited txt file.
Can't see anything connected with EU in temp folder. Trying... and nothing happens again :(

There is "Updater" application in Bin32 folder inside EU folder, is it the one you talk about?

no, it'd be named something like:

Update_10.3.0.0-10.3.0.35944.exe

depending on which ones you managed to download.

if you have them all then you might be able to run them manually one at a time, making sure your version.text is correct each time.

I'm running out of ideas and it's way past my bed time, have to work early tomorrow.

Good luck.

Ok, thanks. I'll try that and I'm also trying to download the torrent link so maybe this works somehow. I mean if it's a new version of the game it should just work. If it's just a patch I have to wait untill support wakes up :(
Sleep well

Back