Version Update 10.6.6 Content List

If someone have a fast FTP, can you put there the 3 files that are apparently corrupted ?

You can RAR the files to reduce size and increase DL.

\calypsoshared\textures.pak
\platform\objects.pak
\territories\calypsosystem\terrain0.pak

Btw, i believe it would be EASIER if MindArk themselves could provide the links for each file that players may find corrupted, for a faster replace.

Please help, i'm already tired to think i must ONCE AGAIN reinstal the whole game.

These files are big, it's about 2 GB just to download those alone.

So you might as well just start from scratch I guess.

i deleted the unexpected files from the verrification window, then did another file verrification... 1 more file is corrupted now.... grrrr

validate_installation2.jpg

This is turning really crazy...

EDIT :

textures.pak : 470mb
objects.pak : 61.9mb
Terrain0.pak : 1.1GB
Terrain1.pak : 1.2GB

Use WinRAR on them have no effect, the size gain is really too small, those files are already compressed.

I just don't understand why some files are corrupted for some players, and not for others....

Last edited:
If someone have a fast FTP, can you put there the 3 files that are apparently corrupted ?

You can RAR the files to reduce size and increase DL.

\calypsoshared\textures.pak
\platform\objects.pak
\territories\calypsosystem\terrain0.pak

Btw, i believe it would be EASIER if MindArk themselves could provide the links for each file that players may find corrupted, for a faster replace.

Please help, i'm already tired to think i must ONCE AGAIN reinstal the whole game.

If you had actually followed the link I gave earlier, you would now know a place to download those files. BTW, pak files are already compressed.

i deleted the unexpected files from the verrification window, then did another file verrification... 1 more file is corrupted now.... grrrr

validate_installation2.jpg

This is turning really crazy...

EDIT :

textures.pak : 470mb
objects.pak : 61.9mb
Terrain0.pak : 1.1GB
Terrain1.pak : 1.2GB

Use WinRAR on them have no effect, the size gain is really too small, those files are already compressed.

I just don't understand why some files are corrupted for some players, and not for others....

Do you really want an answer to this. Or to fix your installation? Or both?

Did you even follow the links I gave while I ate my lunch?

3 Most likely causes I can think of:

1) Interrupting the VU patch
2) Malware
3) Hardware problem (Ram / HD)

3 Most likely causes I can think of:

1) Interrupting the VU patch
2) Malware
3) Hardware problem (Ram / HD)

good start, overzelous malware protector, lack of ecc, and running out of disk space also come to mine, many more, so any interest in a repair utility yet?

don't worry all..

I'm sure MA has some sick scheme up their sleeve to distract you from these insulting updates...

Make sure you deposit enough peds to participate. You're going to need them even more than you do now.

Remember, the more peds they get out of you before other planets go live the better...

Now i'm off to loosing more peds...

oh yeah, check out my list of bps I'm selling... following the trend of selling out...

Rio.

Do you really want an answer to this. Or to fix your installation? Or both?

Did you even follow the links I gave while I ate my lunch?

I'm atm downloading files from Wuala...
I hope it'll work, ty in advance.
(for sure i'll keep the original files on another folder by security)

but its so easy to remove snowing in Graphic options.. I have done it in first day, when they added snowing and Christmas Tree, I never had any lag

It is easy, if you know what to do. But I'd imagine there are quite a few people who don't know all the tech stuff. I've posted the solution in another thread, but not everybody reads the forum either. Good for us, that we have no lag and know our stuff....but that doesn't solve the lag problem or the "disappearing cursor" problem for many other players.

After all the complaints about the snow it should be MA's job to tell their customers that snow is "particles" and how to reduce the particle count in options to reduce lag, and not our job. They could reply to the snow thread, or have that tip on the login screen or whereever. Or at least have a help page that explains all the options to people with less technical knowledge. But instead we're just told the snow will be gone with VUxxx. MA's communication with their customers is pathetic IMO....to say the least. A few half-baked replies from Marco doesn't do the trick.

Your installation is Valid !

installation_valid.jpg

+rep and 1000 EFD for rotrap and mrproper for their nice help.

Thank you.

...Now, i'm about to log in... and really wish it works...

This is the worst update ever :laugh:

This is the worst update ever :laugh:

That I don't know, because I don't have the program code. But it's for sure the shortest update list I've seen in my online life. :D

Back