Version Update 10.6.6 Content List

Diary of and Entopia Feind

---:computer:mmm update completed stl port 511 error ....bah
---:shots: required
---:bs::cussing::banghead::trout: wheres that fish I wanna wack someone
---:idea:
--- stuff doin another big download, starts old drive and updates well:)
--- deletes old entropia, copies update, frigs around with admin privelages
--- bingo:holyshit: workin
--- stability, does that involve lag.. wheres marco :nutkick:

LAG

What exactly is supposed to be more stable?
It sure as hell isn't the servers (6x drops from server since update).. the lag may be more stable... more stable in the sense that it's stable at HELLISH lag levels, whereas before it fluctuated between HELLISH and QUITE laggy.

Next VU, I want to see;

• Replaced entire staff

What exactly is supposed to be more stable?
It sure as hell isn't the servers (6x drops from server since update).. the lag may be more stable... more stable in the sense that it's stable at HELLISH lag levels, whereas before it fluctuated between HELLISH and QUITE laggy.

Next VU, I want to see;

• Replaced entire staff

fuck the system

ACBA !!!111! :cussing:

LOL !

Today i baught 2GB more of RAM, so in total i have now 4GB.
Strangely the Client Loader says i have 3328...

Anyway, same as before, once i enter my gold card number,
I CTD immediately.

PLEASE Mindark do something to fix this problem
(that i NEVER had before this "Stability" update, Thank you.)

all_is_ok.jpg

I CTD immediately.

all_is_ok.jpg

That's because win xp is proably 32bit which can handle up to 3.1 gig of ram. That a 32 bit limit. 4gig is only usable with win 7 or vista 64 bit. Also if you CTD that much try memtest+ to check your ram. Maybe you got a faulty module

I CTD immediately.

all_is_ok.jpg

That's normal for 32bit XP users, your graphic card is using some of the 4GB (mine shows the same).

Properties on 'My Computer' will also report the same amount.

http://blogs.msdn.com/hiltonl/archive/2007/04/13/the-3gb-not-4gb-ram-problem.aspx

Normal or not, that doesn't change the fact i CTD immediately since this stability update, when i never did before.

That's normal for 32bit XP users, your graphic card is using some of the 4GB (mine shows the same).

And you can log in ?

Last edited:
Normal or not, that doesn't change the fact i CTD immediately since this stability update, when i never did before.

yup, so why you rush to comp upgrades etc? Problem is clearly not on your side. Id suggest waiting for next update instead of buying new PC.) Or trying something with the SW /drivers etc/ rather than HW.

Entropia is really buggy now, if you dont have exactly that drivers as MA/FPC think you should have, or anything else that is "not standard" (for Mindark, not the rest of the world) you can get serious problems like me.

Or isnt logging in and than having whole PC "blink" and looking in the black monitor as the system is starting again, serious bug?

I can hear the help: suppose your GFX is failing hhhmmm, your PSU isnt strong enough, upgrade!, run memcheck seems some of your memory modules is failing etc.

And I would suggest the same.

But no, hell, godda*n its just graphic card drivers. More precisely, bug in game causing this behavoiur which can result in:

Loosing all data on your PC
Harm of some of your HW parts.

Thanks goes only to MindArk, as CE2 in CryTek version is FAR from having such bugs.

Last edited:
And you can log in ?

Yeah I've had no problems Akbar.

ranpha made a suggestion to run a memory test (is more thorough than the basic one the computer does on startup)

All I can think of in addition to that is trying out a single player game see if that crashes too or an intensive benchmark program such as 3dMark2006.

yup, so why you rush to comp upgrades etc? Problem is clearly not on your side. Id suggest waiting for next update instead of buying new PC.) Or trying something with the SW /drivers etc/ rather than HW.

I was just hoping that increasing my RAM could fix the problem, instead of waiting an update that can take weeks as we know MA...

FYI - my comp has been stable for a while now in VU10 :)

Yesterday after update first time in months i had BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. Physical memory dump.

Coincidence? Ill be the judge of that haha.

C

Did you run the Verify installation option in the client loader?

Yeah i did.

When it first appeared on the login page, verrify was ok.
Then for all other updates, each time the "verrify" was corrupted...
I really wonder what this verrify thing is for...

I made a thread a few weeks back if the community had an interest in a repair utility. Did not seem so at the time, so I stopped work on it, but could resume it if interest peaked up. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/174660-client-installation-repair-utility.html

In the meantime , you can run the verify utility then replace yourself the bad
files manually by using the info in this post https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-installation-repair-utility.html#post2229334

I'm gonna check this in a bit, ty... hope it helps.

corrupt.jpg

validate_installation.jpg

Notice that my game was running perfectly until this "Stability" update.

Btw, must i delete the unexpected files (pushing the button) ? i don't dare to do it, should i ?

I'm gonna check this in a bit, ty... hope it helps.

corrupt.jpg

validate_installation.jpg

Notice that my game was running perfectly until this "Stability" update.

Btw, must i delete the unexpected files (pushing the button) ? i don't dare to do it, should i ?

It does not matter if you if you delete the unexpected files, but you may as well, to free up some space.

You do need to get fixed versions of the three bad files though. Once you are out of sync, the options are to reinstall, manually replace them, or use the repair tool I was working on.

BTW, can you also please send me the ValidatInsallationReport.txt I would be curious to see if what type of info it supplies.

Here is the ValidateInstallationReport.txt

Please help, ty.

Version: 10,6,6,39790
Unexpected update_10.6.2.39119-10.6.3.39166.exe (4212669746)
Unexpected update_10.6.5.39532-10.6.6.39790.exe (4212669746)
CRC mismatch data\client\shared\calypsoshared\textures.pak (3150860814)
CRC mismatch data\client\shared\platform\objects.pak (3768635035)
CRC mismatch data\client\territories\calypsosystem\terrain0.pak (257510876)

these are corrupted
reinstall

these are corrupted
reinstall

Re-instal ? what, the whole game ????

If they are corrupted, and why would they... why isn't this made automatically ? once again the players are guilty for MA's faults...

Btw, when i reinstalled the game (after formating my system), the game uploaded 5 times FULLY in a row.... really boring.

Here is the ValidateInstallationReport.txt

Please help, ty.

Version: 10,6,6,39790
Unexpected update_10.6.2.39119-10.6.3.39166.exe (4212669746)
Unexpected update_10.6.5.39532-10.6.6.39790.exe (4212669746)

Did you read the posts I linked to earlier? Did they not help at all?

these are corrupted
reinstall

Well, yes, we determined this, and I posted three options, one of which already was reinstall. Why did you pick that one as the choice?

If they are corrupted, and why would they... why isn't this made automatically ? once again the players are guilty for MA's faults...

Yes, that is one option.

Btw, when i reinstalled the game (after formating my system), the game uploaded 5 times FULLY in a row.... really boring.

They are corrupted. There are dozens of reasons they would be. And I can tell you never read the links I posted to, so I guess time to bow out.

Sorry about that, please see these topics:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-repair-entropia-universe-when-vu-breaks.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9-entropia-universe-vu-10-6-3-bittorrent.html

If someone have a fast FTP, can you put there the 3 files that are apparently corrupted ?

You can RAR the files to reduce size and increase DL.

\calypsoshared\textures.pak
\platform\objects.pak
\territories\calypsosystem\terrain0.pak

Btw, i believe it would be EASIER if MindArk themselves could provide the links for each file that players may find corrupted, for a faster replace.

Please help, i'm already tired to think i must ONCE AGAIN reinstal the whole game.

Back