Version Update 9.2.3

Have I missed something? What Land area bug?

hmmm, interesting :scratch2:

How about the important bugs related to LG like you can dmg yourselve with FAP, Item switch bug, PvP invisibility bug?

Wouldnt that be much more important to fix pre Landgrab or means this statement, Land area bug fixed, that all the above mentioned bugs are resolved?

Meiersos said:
Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers
...PvP invisibility bug?
Those are lag related... I doubt they have fixed those.

I thought that one already was fixed?

You are sure this is Lag related? I get them also when no other Avatar is around with only one mob in Radar East of Solfaris where not many Avatars are on same server. I think it is more that MA's Server accept commands witch are not in sequence and that they sent too short commands so you get a use item command accepted even though the switch item command was initiated first. Happens also a lot if you want to switch from finder to weapon and you instead of equiping the weapon and then use it, the switch command is lost and the use item command used and so you drop a second bomb instead of shoot at mob.

Last time I noticed the invisibility Bug was first of February 2008:

BTW the Autoscreen date is in Swiss annotation meaning Day then Month and Year

You are sure this is Lag related? I get them also when no other Avatar is around with only one mob in Radar East of Solfaris where not many Avatars are on same server. I think it is more that MA's Server accept commands witch are not in sequence and that they sent too short commands so you get a use item command accepted even though the switch item command was initiated first. Happens also a lot if you want to switch from finder to weapon and you instead of equiping the weapon and then use it, the switch command is lost and the use item command used and so you drop a second bomb instead of shoot at mob.
I think it's a server/client synchronization bug, like you also seem to have noticed.

There are many types of lag ofc, and I agree with you that it's not the usual client lag.

But yes, I'm pretty sure it's triggered by server and/or network lag.

Last time I noticed the invisibility Bug was first of February 2008:
Oh, I haven't seen it in a long time. :(

I think it is interesting and also nice for a change to see that they are somewhat really preparing!!!!

:)

I think it's a server/client synchronization bug, like you also seem to have noticed.

There are many types of lag ofc, and I agree with you that it's not the usual client lag.

But yes, I'm pretty sure it's triggered by server and/or network lag.

I'm pretty sure it's triggered by MA testing their software under ideal network conditions and making no effort to code in simple preventative measures. (if action.type == attack and selected_target == self then cont) I shoot myself at least 15 times a hunt these days on a brand spanking new high-end system with a broadband connection. I miss a lot due to another similar bug that seems like it must be due to decay-producing events (ammo burn) being sent by reliable protocols like tcp, while "inessential" things (like hitting a mob) seem to be sent by udp.

It's not the kind of coding idiocy i feel like paying for anymore.

I'm pretty sure it's triggered by MA testing their software under ideal network conditions and making no effort to code in simple preventative measures.
You're talking about the cause, not the trigger. ;)

...I shoot myself at least 15 times a hunt these days on a brand spanking new high-end system with a broadband connection. I miss a lot due to another similar bug that seems like it must be due to decay-producing events (ammo burn) being sent by reliable protocols like tcp, while "inessential" things (like hitting a mob) seem to be sent by udp.

It's not the kind of coding idiocy i feel like paying for anymore.
Apart from you being more upset than me, I think we're pretty much agree what we think the problem is. At least that's how I read your post.

And I do agree too, that while the 'bug' might actually be hard to get rid of, a few extra validations in the code, could prevent us from shooting ourself, and from killing other people with our faps etc.

Mindforce doesn't make you look like an idiot anymore... i think they may have fixed the MF switch bug too...suppose i'll go test it...tomorrow

I was hoping that MA would add Areanatrox Alpha Satan Stalker spawns to the LG land marker areas.

Can anyone tell me what the hell a GBP is? Or for that matter a PaySafe card?:scratch2:

Blackjack :cowboy:

Can anyone tell me what the hell a GBP is? Or for that matter a PaySafe card?:scratch2:

Blackjack :cowboy:

My guess would be a GBP is a Great British Pound and that the card in question is a way of depositing or withdrawing money.

But I had thought their card-system was non-functional at the moment, so it's an interesting update.

Back