VU 7.6 Sneak Peek

Status
il said:
people i think dont mess up TOOL stats dynamicly shown...

i heavily think that means stats on all all items that are TOOLS..

looks like I have too much free time... :dunce:

MindBuster said:
Marco wrote...

• Mining equipment and weapons have personalized stats, based on the avatar watching's skill (like when you examine a Skill Implant)

-MindBuster

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
One other thing: trapped mobs should do no damage to players, they can't receive damage but sometimes can still hurt, which is plain gay annoying and makes decay peds flow to not-so-well-tweaked trap system.

Hear Hear. Gonna give U rep for that, I fully agree. Why can THEY damage us - but we cant damage them :eek:

Tom thebuzz Chr said:
WISH: I'd like pvp kill free towns on Amethera... Hate going through a TP and then being shot before that *ANNOYING* white fade screen finish loading (wtf did they implant that fade screen anyway - also when teleporting with chips...) HATE THAT

From the VU list:

The nature of the unsafe zones has changed on Amethera as colonists tame the wilds. The cities, Treasure Island, and the area around the Revival terminals and Teleporters are now safe zones, where PvP killing is disabled.

Not been back to this thread for a little while. Really nice to see Marco here answering questions. Nice to have ya back Marco, hope you had a nice time on ya jollydays.
Nice to hear there are some biggies in development too, looking forward to hearing more about them in the future.

Yep I agree, It's great to hear(see) Marco answering questions!

VU sounds great, im looking forward to it :eek:

Marco|MindArk said:
From the VU list:

The nature of the unsafe zones has changed on Amethera as colonists tame the wilds. The cities, Treasure Island, and the area around the Revival terminals and Teleporters are now safe zones, where PvP killing is disabled.

No more conquer the castle :confused:

Event system is "top of the list" though isn't it?
Arenas... rings.... :tongue2:

All of Treasure Island is going to be Non-PVP? Thats a bummer. TPs, RT's, and cities are a good thing, but I think ALL of Treasure Island is a bit much. Oh well.

MrWizard said:
All of Treasure Island is going to be Non-PVP? Thats a bummer. TPs, RT's, and cities are a good thing, but I think ALL of Treasure Island is a bit much. Oh well.

thats a big bummer, I read somewhere that it was going to be toggleable by the land owners :(

MrWizard said:

Deathifier wanted it like that, and it is his land.

Marco|MindArk said:
From the VU list:

Damn thats lame, TI is gonna be carebear land :mad:

ai was hoping that the "lobby floors" - the 10th floor in the building, will be left PVP - deal place for events and some ocasional shootouts. I dont pk myself but...

Marco|MindArk said:
From the VU list:

is it non pvp allready ?
because for the test i just shot some one near deathifiers mansion

WTF? I posted a reply to this...

Anyways... yeah. I've not spoken to Deathifier directly as we are on opposite time zones, but I spoke to Flavious a few times. A few Soc. M8's and Flav had some trouble with some noob with an ML-35. I don't know what some peoples problem is.

Anyways. Being that TI is the ONLY available TP to a noob, I think they should be granted some safe haven. Though I'm sure most don't even know it's there. There are great shops with some good prices. I have purchased quite a few things from Auktuma's house... and I've been pk'd in the middle of a transaction. There's no need for that.

fresco said:
looks like I have too much free time... :dunce:

oops yes dunno if the original thread was like that..

if we get weapon stats that would be a true enjoyment for sure :thumbsup:

well if TI is becoming non pvp, I guess theres no more Capture the Mansion, too bad was looking forward to competing in that again.

omfg.. i'm looking forward to this VU :smoke:

Marco,

Thx for the replies, and I'm looking forward to the new VU :)

Wish all luck, and UBERS HOFS!

K-Rock

im liking the idea of personalized stats on weapons because if a person isnt doing maximum damage on their fav wepon lets say,then they know that they have a max damage for the wepon to look forward to and to aim for and they can see their progress towards that as well ^_^

I've been waiting for personalized weapon stats since I started playing almost 2 years ago. Also knowing how many bombs I have left while mining will be a definate Plus

But when, when is it coming?? :rolleyes: :dunno: :scratch:

Creator said:
But when, when is it coming?? :rolleyes: :dunno: :scratch:

Probably next week. Noone really knows. Even not the developers, I guess. :D

/Kjetil :cool:

Marco|MindArk said:
The Quality Assurance guys won't tell me atm. That usually means they don't know either, meaning we still have some time to wait.

Maybe end of the week, more probably during next week. There are major re-writes to core systems in PE, so there is a lot of testing going on. A lot.

Anyways, it is better than last Thursday, when if you activated a mining bomb, you crashed the entire test server system. ,-)

/ahem

that was only 2 days ago... :rolleyes:

mazzy187 said:
/ahem

that was only 2 days ago... :rolleyes:

It was almost a week ago:wise:

jena said:
It was almost a week ago:wise:

How do you figure? :confused:

He poseted on the 19th and today is the 21st???

--->here<---

You better fix your calander. :dunce:

GHILL said:
well if TI is becoming non pvp, I guess theres no more Capture the Mansion, too bad was looking forward to competing in that again.

One step at a time :)

Once PvP is off and the island is roused from its slumbering state with the new DNA then I can look at the options for setting up combat-related events and others, esp. when the event system arrives.

The island is supposed to be the gateway to the continent, a place where you can go to relax and enjoy yourself - not peoples personal shooting gallery.

The changes in VU 7.6 finally move the island into a position where it can be what I envision it to be, and what I expect the vast majority of the playerbase would prefer.

- Deathifier

mazzy187 said:
How do you figure? :confused:

He poseted on the 19th and today is the 21st???

--->here<---

You better fix your calander. :dunce:
Anyways, it is better than last Thursday, when if you activated a mining bomb, you crashed the entire test server system. ,-)

i gues thats how she figure , in less then 24 hour we are thurday again , and between 2 thurday we can say thats almost 1 week , no ?

Etopia said:
i gues thats how she figure , in less then 24 hour we are thurday again , and between 2 thurday we can say thats almost 1 week , no ?

Cant say it better then that:girl:

Status
Back