Warning possible hijacked account - Robullo Esposito Rodnap

Oh geez....its 3:30 in the morning here...just logged onto to EF cause I couldn't sleep and I read this.....bah....MA needs to make Gold Cards a requirement instead of a option....would completely eliminate this crap.

Perhaps a few of us should monitor the auction and see if any particular avatar has recently put up a large amount of skill chips....

Bah...sad day for Robullo and a sad day for Team Italy....

:(

the "next-to-die-for-cancer" has stolen:

-angel armor (full except footguards, never had)
-boar footguards
-ML45
-DoA loudmouth
-all faps (fap-83, fap90 and emt2500dlx)
-2 tp chip lesser and minor
-2k peds cash
-2400 pts of alertness
-2700 pts of athletics
-1500 pts of att'ment techn.
-1050 pts of blueprint comprehension
-4000 pts of bravado
-1700 pts of combat sense
-1100 pts of computer
-500 pts of concentration
-2900 pts of coolness
-4000 pts of courage
-3500 pts of dexterity
-2000 pts of diagnosis
-2300 pts of electronics
-2700 pts of engineering
-3200 pts of evade
-4900 pts of first aid
-now health is at 107 and no more at 147
-675 pts of machinery
-1900 pts of manufacture att'ment
-1900 pts of manufacture weapons
-750 pts of mechanics
-1300 pts of medicine
-1600 pts of mining
-3000 pts of perception
-4000 pts of serendipity
-600 pts of tools techn.
-550 pts of weapon techn.

OMFG !

Sorry to hear that Robullo :(

Contact your local law enforcement and explain that someone unlawfully accessed your online account and liquidated it causing a loss of well over... what... is that... over 5kUSD for the angel set alone?

This is serious money, and the amount involved should get the attention of the cops. At least enough to start an investigation. With the way the EULA is written, it's hard to tell how far an investigation would go, but at least in my home state here in the US, this would be a felony for a few reasons.

I would think that Italy is progressive enough that this kind of activity has a law or two prohibiting it. Get legal help and sic them on this bastard.

Given the speed at how fast things went, this is someone that knows the game, not some script kiddie that happened to get your IP. That sickens me.

Good luck,

AG

Tombola

Hi,

I change my name to, Ma accept quickly at 1° request, change schwartzie in arno.

I bought my goldcard because it was a rule to go into my first soc.
Meaby like Rob, I will never bought my GC If it was not compulsory.
Please all Soc leader, Expect the gc into your soc.

Meaby we can organize a Solidarity event or tombola To help rob to get back in shape.

Regards

Meaby we can organize a Solidarity event or tombola To help rob to get back in shape.

:)

I'm vary vary sad for what happened to my friend, I hope MA will help him with all ways, it's simply the first support they should make...

GL Catullo :(

This is shocking to be a part of....

At first I thought that Robnap had let somebody else use his account which is why I highlighted in opening post that avatars might not be the people you actually know - ie little brother might be at the controls.
Then I started thinking that with the recent name change of the avatar Robnap might have sold the account and the new owner was neglecting to tell me he was a differant person but still acting like we were still friends.
But it was worse than that and it did indeed turn out to be a stolen account.

I have sent a support case to MA with accurate information that can be backed up with screenshots. I have also included my mobile phone number for them in case they need to talk to me to confirm details.

Looking at the items and skills that have gone missing it wouldn't surprise me if $15,000usd worth has been stolen here.

So, if you have any information on this incident please send a support case to MA.

I am so sorry for you my friend! :(
I am sad and don't feel like playing.

I agree with others that the hacker has a deep knowledge of the game and certainly knew what the value of Robullo was. It is astonishing to see how fast all the items and especially the most important skills were gone.
The hacker is, in my opinion, used to steal and for sure he/she had (has) lots of ESIs available to accomplish the theft and he/she is not doing all this alone.

Hopefully MA will respond in an useful way to your support cases.
Good luck Robullo!

:)

I'm vary vary sad for what happened to my friend, I hope MA will help him with all ways, it's simply the first support they should make...

GL Catullo :(

MA will say that all trades are final and he should contact his local authorities.

If he gets more than that, I'd like to know about it.

But he SHOULD contact local authorities. And he should PM me.

Actually local authorities are commonly not trained or informed for these types of situations, and the FBI will refuse to interfere unless the amount is over $200,000 USD (i think but not sure. please refer to a thread burnsey made a long time ago), in the United States.

Also, Mindark owns the intellectual property rights of ALL ITEMS in-game. Therefore none of that gear was really his! You only own your peds, which he says he had 2k -> $200 USD, not much..
If he tries hard enough and long enough, he'll either get $200 USD refunded to him by Mindark, or the amount of his initial deposit (most people's initial deposit is like $20 USD..).

Aaaannd, He can't sue anyone if he doesn't know who did it (Mindark's not responsible either), and I'm sure no one is willing to investigate $20 - $200 of virtual universe theft.

Good luck, and while legally you may be screwed, I'm all for vigilante justice!

craze3, maybe so, maybe no. It depends on what's being investigated... Theft of virtual items, or intrusion. In many cases the laws treat them differently. The potential complaintant in the case everyone is talking about this weekend features an Italian resident as the account owner, and I don't know if anyone currently in the conversation has a clue as to what Italian law may say on the subject.

It can't hurt to file a report, in any case.

AG

after an unsleeping night (not at pc but in the bed looking the ceiling) i've logged in again my avatar...
it has been almost cleaned up...

the "next-to-die-for-cancer" has stolen:

-angel armor (full except footguards, never had)
-boar footguards
-ML45
-DoA loudmouth
-all faps (fap-83, fap90 and emt2500dlx)
-2 tp chip lesser and minor
-2k peds cash
-2400 pts of alertness
-2700 pts of athletics
-1500 pts of att'ment techn.
-1050 pts of blueprint comprehension
-4000 pts of bravado
-1700 pts of combat sense
-1100 pts of computer
-500 pts of concentration
-2900 pts of coolness
-4000 pts of courage
-3500 pts of dexterity
-2000 pts of diagnosis
-2300 pts of electronics
-2700 pts of engineering
-3200 pts of evade
-4900 pts of first aid
-now health is at 107 and no more at 147
-675 pts of machinery
-1900 pts of manufacture att'ment
-1900 pts of manufacture weapons
-750 pts of mechanics
-1300 pts of medicine
-1600 pts of mining
-3000 pts of perception
-4000 pts of serendipity
-600 pts of tools techn.
-550 pts of weapon techn.

plus other skills that i can't find due to the headache and nausea i have since yesterday...

well, i can really write the word "end" on my life-book in EU...

thinking on the day when the gold card was introduced, and i avoived to buy it, only today i can recognize how much idiot i was been, that day...

If u knew about someone entering your account why didnt you just get it locked??? I really dont understand this :scratch2:

More then 15K $ of stuff and no Gold Card? :scratch2:

Here's a better question: Why was he targeted? Somebody knew that he didn't have a gold card. But who? :scratch2:
A hacker wouldn't hack someones account with decent/uber gear unless they knew for sure that there wasn't goldcard protection.

Here's a better question: Why was he targeted? Somebody knew that he didn't have a gold card. But who? :scratch2:
A hacker wouldn't hack someones account with decent/uber gear unless they knew for sure that there wasn't goldcard protection.

This is what is frightening.

A group of EU scumbags create a EU related keylogger.

They wait and bide their time, collecting info of potential suspects.

They know who has a Gold Card and who does not, as they are monitoring the keypresses of individuals.

Then one Friday night, when they know support is not in for the whole weekend, they pounce, logging in on the collected avatars that have no gold card.

Probably have a host of dummy avis ready to accept stuff, they have ESI's ready for the skills, maybe even have buyers ready.

Scary stuff.

sad to hear this Catullo and let’s hope the best.

Although EU is more or less save, things like that might and will happen. What I can’t understand is that in situations like this, there is no clear procedure to follow. All you can do is to file a support case and wait. A CC or ATM card can be locked in minutes, so why not an EU account? Sure, MA has all records, but it is a big difference if items are still on the locked ava or already passed to others.

I’m sure Catullo, that this case will find a good end. Any intentions to inform the Italian police?

They know who has a Gold Card and who does not, as they are monitoring the keypresses of individuals.

Then one Friday night, when they know support is not in for the whole weekend, they pounce, logging in on the collected avatars that have no gold card.

Probably have a host of dummy avis ready to accept stuff, they have ESI's ready for the skills, maybe even have buyers ready.

Scary stuff.
Sounds dramatic enough to make a movie about it! :yay:

Do you really think that all these "hackings" are related? How did they know or even you know, that support is not here this weekend? Just cause it's president's day weekend?
They're probably not from the US since the English isn't very good in the chat log. Or it might just be a 13 year old boy?

Like I've said.
In Entropia, market value is official and recognized. If you have a list of items you had, you can see the market value. Or the value the bank in Argus will let you have for a loan. Those are money that you can take out from the game and are your money.
Informing the local police can help.
They can search your computer and see how it was hacked.
They can ask MA to give them all logs concerning your avatar and ask info about avatars involved in trades (?) with your avatar.
Talk to people that know about similar stories.
Like I've said, there are some circumstantial evidence pointing at some people. Investigators can make something out of that. In the mean time, GO TO THE POLICE. Don't wait. As time goes you will lose your chances.
You may choose to go for harder ways to take your money back and unofficial, but that is your choice. They deserve it. Someone said it can be made a movie out of this... Start a trade... AK-47 for DOA. And let the camera record... Tarantino juice all over... (j/k, ofcourse)

JimmyB, that's true.

Hopefully those that encountered problems this weekend will be able to catalog any new applications, new web sites visited, emails, or unusual contacts they may have had during the past couple of weeks.

It's possible there's a common thread among it all, but not necessarily.

While the RCE makes Entropia damn cool, it also attracts some unscrupulous types like moths to flame.

Hope they catch the bastards. In jail there is no Garcen.

AG

but he had alot of info from robullo :rolleyes:
the scammer must have talked to robulo before.

i dont know ya robullo but sry for ur lost

u chould go to police, u have nothing to loose

hope the best for ya

urso

oh boy, i am very happy i brought goldcard few days ago,
i hope nothing will happen in my account while we speak, i dont want loss anything either

!

MA knows what ip adres this guy has .
MA knows to who he tradet the stolen items .
MA ban peopel for simple outoclick cheats THAN why not bad this IP

MA realy dont care ...... and why ? becus now they evan sell more Gold Cards + they didnt loose nothing annyways .

so .... to say it short MA dont give a #!%$# about your acount got hackt they realy realy realy dont care ! .

its sad but thats the truth .

Scary stuff.

Meep. I think I better get a goldcard now...

My account doesnt have much stuff on it at the moment but thats not really the point... Some people are very VERY petty and greedy...

I really feel for your loss Rob, I really hope MA can do the right thing and lock the accounts that the items and skills were transferred to and reinstate your losses...

I really feel for your loss Rob, I really hope MA can do the right thing and lock the accounts that the items and skills were transferred to and reinstate your losses...

That would happen in the perfect world... What MA can do is to release log information on Robullo's request or on police request. With that info, it shouldn't be difficult to identify the hacker since the IP address is known.

Robullo, report to the Italian police asap.

I think it is cheaper for ma if they regulate themselves than when the Italian police are switched.

They could at least have a suspect account takeover telephone line with 1 person.

you report a suspected takeover... they check ips and account info... then lockdown account until monday if suspect.
Only for NON gold card users.

The process:

Receive report from player/user
V
Check ip logs, see if new never used before ip appears
V
Check account activity/ differs from normal or not
V
Check for sudden trading of items and money for no return value
V
Check for avatar alterations eg... chipping out
V
If suspicions are enough lock account until monday to be reviewed by senior MA account officials. and/or lock the account receiving the said freebies.

Ild rather have my account locked for 2 days because someone thinks im at risk when its really me than have no-one do nothing and get stripped.

I think this is a great idea and feel the same way!

I'm aware it breaks rules. I'm also aware it could be a situation as you describe.

However, I've made a judgement call that Tekkie firmly believes it isn't his friend controlling the avatar. Given the light of Sammy's thread too it seems some dodgy goings on are afoot. Thus I've made the decision to allow the thread to remain open for the time being in order to allow the warning to the community. If it turns out to be a bad call I apologise, but I prefer to take that risk rather than for someone to lose their equipment to a hijacked account.

Also, posting this from Sammy's thread as he's requested it to be deleted:

wow I think you made the right call, my respect to you!

I have received a reply from support about this....

So not to disclose any personal information I will not copy and paste but 1 line of the reply reads like this:

"We have investigated this further and have taken appropriate action."

I wonder what appropriate action is?

Very sorry to hear this Robullo, I hope you are able to restore your avatar and items.

+rep and Respect to Tekkie, for going to such lengths to warn others, and to protect his friend. :wtg:

Back