We really need cost to tier fixed

Nyhm

Old
So many lower and higher level items cost way to much to tier. Especially considering how useful it is tiered.

I just feel like a lvl 0.0 item shouldn't cost over 2k ped to tier up.

So many lower and higher level items cost way to much to tier. Especially considering how useful it is tiered.

Tiering is free you get back full tt of Matt's back as shrapnel

Dont forget the thousands of peds in markup due to tier comps.

You don't get the full amount back some times it's close others it's not even remotely close.
Have tiered any item ?
You get 100% tt back even the blazers tt in form of shrapnel :D

you answered your question. simply dont tier it.

I wasn't referring to the item I want to tier the item I want to tier is very useful when you tier it to 10..
coud we know what item is that?

Tiering is TT even so your suggestion is irrelevant. The only cost is the markup which is dictated by market forces between players.

The only change mindark could do is mess with the drop rates of components and we don’t want them changing shit like that at the whims of certain players requesting it.

Reactions: jak
Tiering is TT even so your suggestion is irrelevant. The only cost is the markup which is dictated by market forces between players.

The only change mindark could do is mess with the drop rates of components and we don’t want them changing shit like that at the whims of certain players requesting it
Lmao "we" players do not determine prices ma determines prices by doing math on drop rates and so forth. Also you said we...look at how many people play this game "we" means nothing because the majority of players have quit the game the people under the "we" category have obviously ruined the game for the more then 80 percent that have moved on to more affordable things

Fast tracking in EU has always come at a premium cost. All the new TWEN and Mayhem items put a high demand on certain materials so it expensive to tier at the moment. So with that in mind it's probably worth making mini goals to farm those items especially since demand will be high for a while. It will take more time but tiering an item to 10 is a lofty goal.

I know I probably won't place in Gold Rush but that doesn't stop me from participating which helped me hit my attribute and HP goals as well as loot some tier comps I needed. Things can look daunting or out of reach but there are ways some just take longer than others.

No you don't the markup of all the items is usually over 200 percent meaning you get half back....have you ever tiered an item higher then lvl 1

You need to understand what Mike said. He said you get 100% TT back which is correct. TT stands for Trade Terminal value. This is the value you would get if you traded the item in a trade terminal.

The actual cost of something is TT+ Markup. Markup is what we pay extra when we buy something off someone. Rarely do people sell something for TT value.

So when you tier something you get your full TT value back but not the markup. The system never takes account of markup only TT values.

Reactions: jak
No you don't the markup of all the items is usually over 200 percent meaning you get half back....have you ever tiered an item higher then lvl 1
Recently tiered an item and got back 100% tt of matts as shrapnel.

And you haven't mentioned about markup on OP and as you bring markup in the equation it's the player base setting the markup not MA.

And if made the thread so that MA can increase drop rate then i DEMAND "enhancers in tt" from MindArk ty.

Lmao "we" players do not determine prices ma determines prices by doing math on drop rates and so forth. Also you said we...look at how many people play this game "we" means nothing because the majority of players have quit the game the people under the "we" category have obviously ruined the game for the more then 80 percent that have moved on to more affordable things
Mindark determine drop rates, that’s it.

If we all thought tier components were too expensive then they wouldn’t be at the prices they are. They are only sold at a price a buyer pays, 100% player driven.

Tiering is an optional mechanic to participate in. Your peers have deemed the prices appropriate by their market actions. If you want tier components to be cheaper, you’ll have to wait in line for them to finish tiering their gear first.

However I do agree that armor tiering amounts were made unjustifiably expensive considering you need to I do it 7x per set. Hence why we don’t see much over 2.99.

You have the option to go for everything you need to tier up yourself.
Then you don't have to pay MU which is not returned.

:wise:

I wanted to tier this rookie terramaster it's just unrealistic at this point.
I would advice you not to tier that finder up. The better path is to just keep getting skill points and using better finders. A 100 meter base finder, even at tier 10, won't find anything it didn't at tier 0.

agreed i think it should be 2-3x the current costs to tier up a weapon. These are the only real competitive aspects left in game. otherwise everyone and their mother just grabs 300k dps and goes off to the races.

MA has done a poor job of keeping the sense of progression with a carrot at the end of the stick lately. Should only get harder as the upper echelon of players further outpaces the bottom-50% of skilled players. Gonna start feeling like there are two different games to be played, or the game is going to be homogenized so bad that nothing will matter anymore. I think the latter is the path we are on.

Really it just doesn't feel like there is a real incentive/reward to skill anymore. Before, hitting 100 and being able to use UL SIB was a massive boost to your ability to profit or at least spend less. Now, reaching 100 feels worthless, even 100 looter feels arbitrary. The only thing you can do to get an advantage is to buy your way to 300dps and/or tier up a high-tier weapon. Soon, even that will not matter anymore as every weapon will reach t10 and there are not enough incentives or reasons to push forward. You eventually give the top tier players 500-600dps to work with and then loot output will outpace demand to a disgusting level leading to homogenization. Loot/resource demand has been deflationary since loot 2.0 and explosives BPs. Not sure what the solution is because crafting L gear is becoming pointless with the recent influx of TWEN and mayhem weapons.

I think MA needs to solve the issue of crumbling demand for loot/resources, and then do the opposite of shit like OP suggested. The game needs more "gatekeeping" via time/effort/skill. Maybe we should just make tiering times 10x longer than current rates... i.e. years of hunting to even have a hope of hitting t10.

Last edited:
In the early days of tiering you actually needed another ex of the same item in order to tier it up a higher tier, for each tier it required another item I think? Imagine if they brought this system back, it would certainly help with the oversupply of 2.0/twen weapons don't you think?

Some people don't realize how easy we have it now.. :sneaky:

In the early days of tiering you actually needed another ex of the same item in order to tier it up a higher tier, for each tier it required another item I think? Imagine if they brought this system back, it would certainly help with the oversupply of 2.0/twen weapons don't you think?

So many tears. Bring it on ! but then again, tier comps would loose their value, as this system wouldnt allow everyone to click their equipment up and demand would get pretty limited. Finding balance between these two extremes probably is not simple task.

True, and i even think you could fail.

In the early days of tiering you actually needed another ex of the same item in order to tier it up a higher tier, for each tier it required another item I think?

Yes tiering in early days required an identical item to to be placed in the tiering process as a kind of "material". However, it wasn't always lost. There was a risk you could loose it. Sometimes people lost the extra item other times not. Due to this risk high level crafters/ubers started offering a service to tier up items whereby they took most of the risk for a fee ofcourse. I can't remember the exact maths...

Anyway this is not what MA envisioned would happen or wanted to happen so it was eventually scrapped.

Back