Wednesday Who's Who - Strakkan

Nice interview of someone who has been an inspiration to many players, including me.

I have a question for you Strakkan, in case you're reading this ...

Which find did you enjoy the most the rich erdo mentioned in the piece, the 17k (or so) duru after the asteroid, or the 40k belk? Or was it something else?

I have to say i was equally stunned first time I got the rich as when my finder said gigantic. I remember just sitting there with gigantic on finder for like 10 mins answering messages until i got disconnected :) magic ;)

Superb interview as always Pinky, on a superb EU player who deserves the limelight. A great read, and an impressive profile. ;)

I have to say i was equally stunned first time I got the rich as when my finder said gigantic. I remember just sitting there with gigantic on finder for like 10 mins answering messages until i got disconnected :) magic ;)

Kind of a Hamlet moment :smoke:
(If you ever saw the Hamlet Cigar adverts on British tele, you'll know what I mean)

Dunno how I would react, but it would likely involve lots of :yay: and :beerchug:

GL and many more :thumbup:

I guess I contribute in a big way to the supposed loot pool with auction fees!

Auction Fees go straight to MA's coffers, not to the Loot Pool.

Apart from that, what a great interview and what a great miner :thumbup:

Nice interview Pinky :)

That's not how Marco tells it...

Then what Marco says on the subject Jimmy ?

(Quotation would be helpful.)

afaik, only proceeds from Hunting/Mining/Crafting/Tailoring go to the "Loot Pool" for the respective Profession.

Last edited:
lvl 72 miner, but what level prospector?

Damn that is high skilled, I could never mine so determined I get bored after a half hour lol.

I think Strakkan said a month or two ago that he was level 47 Prospector.

Then what Marco says on the subject Jimmy ?

(Quotation would be helpful.)

afaik, only proceeds from Hunting/Mining/Crafting/Tailoring go to the "Loot Pool" for the respective Profession.

No Marco said that all auction fees are recycled back into the loot system. (That's fees afaik, not sales like LAs, etc)

I'll try and dig out the quote sometime, not sure where it is but I'm 99.9% certain he did say that.

No Marco said that all auction fees are recycled back into the loot system. (That's fees afaik, not sales like LAs, etc)

I'll try and dig out the quote sometime, not sure where it is but I'm 99.9% certain he did say that.

I remember reading the same thing.

Im 100% certain thats how it was said. Dont have a quote @hand either but im sure its in the VUnotes from whatever one we got this fantastic "change" in... If its how its actually done i guess people could discuss back and forth alot, but hardly the thread to do it in ;)

Regarding Strakkans prospectinglvl people should know that prospecting/surveying grew incredibly slow in the "old" system (2k+ prosp was uber as hell, and remember there was no such thing as skillchips back then either, only hardcore grinding).
Took years before anyone got CGA at all as an example, (Strakkan was first there as well if memory serves..).

Truely Iconic :)
I wish you a huge amount of luck and happiness in your mining carreer!
As I said, a true icon for the miners of calypso

Kind regards,

Micheva Rhizosis Sacramento

Ok, just so the discussion doesnt go off topic, here is one of the quotes from Marco (as part of a conversation):

MA makes all their money from Decay. Im not sure though where the 100,000 from Neverdie goes... hopefully the loot pool to pay for all these ATH's :laugh:
auction too...
um NO Decay only Marco has stated this over and over and over and over
I can do it again - MindArks revenue stream is from deterioation of items when they are used.

All from the first few posts in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...niverse/9372-mindark-question.html#post114570

Ok, no more need to discuss auction fees on this thread thanks ;)

Nice read :) strakkan will always be the #1 miner ;)

Regarding Strakkans prospectinglvl people should know that prospecting/surveying grew incredibly slow in the "old" system (2k+ prosp was uber as hell, and remember there was no such thing as skillchips back then either, only hardcore grinding).
Took years before anyone got CGA at all as an example, (Strakkan was first there as well if memory serves..).

Not only were Prospecting/Surveying insanely slow (at least 10 times slower than mining unamped now) up until early 2005, it was also a lot of effort dropping a large number of bombs. Eudoria was the only place to mine really, and there weren't many places you could mine without having to shoot a fair number of mobs.

i like the nice reading :) and strakkan is a wery wery good man.

/Hummel

I think strakkan holds the title for biggest uber who still loves to wear his OJ's :cool:

This is true! He got the clothes in the pictures especially for the photos! :D

Sorry Strakkan, the secrets out! ;)

You did a good job on this story Pinky :) +rep for you...

Damn, he is one uber lucky uber :eek: 3 eon parts

Nomatter soc, skills, mm, shadow, OJ, NRf, etc., friend forever :) :yay:

(Also he's guilty for my passion for mining so if you enjoy "Kerham says", this man deserves a +rep ;) )

Nice job, Pinky.

Very nice article and insight into a true EU founding citizen.

Bones

Reactions: Pig
nice article pinky and grats strakken. bring back the old system MA!!!!

Mining!

Strakkan! Thx alot for a great day and u know, i can never be a legend on stage more then u in mining...if u know what i meen:)

Lets make MA know what mining is!:)

RELICS

Pure mining.

Zyyk

Impressive :eek::eek::eek:

... Both Strakkan quotes and Pinky's article :) :cool:

Demonikos :tiphat:

:)

Gratz Strakkan! Nice reading! *bows*
Youre the best!
RELICS for ever! ;)

Strakkan! Thx alot for a great day and u know, i can never be a legend on stage more then u in mining...if u know what i meen:)

Lets make MA know what mining is!:)

RELICS

Pure mining.

Zyyk

Thanks Zyyk for a superfun and great day ending with a show !! The excavation pose while taking the applause and cheers from the crowd was a classic !!!!!
A true miner lives with his role 24/7 ;)

Strakkan

lvl 72 miner, but what level prospector?

Damn that is high skilled, I could never mine so determined I get bored after a half hour lol.
he was at level 54 prospector some time a go if I recall right.. scanned him in Twin because I was really interested about his mining skills.. still VERY high prospecting level..

:)

Strakkan! You said that me and Zyyk are actors! Thats not true! We both are miners! Acting is just a hobby for us!

gz work Strakkan bara gasa på , frågan är bara: Hinner du jobba nått irl?????????
ha de gott:yay:

Very well written Pinky, Strakkan is truely a legend in PE/EU. I really enjoyed the read.:wtg:

Back