What happens if the USD devaluates 10 times?

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
Since the game is 10 PED = 1 USD, what will happen if the value of the USD drop 10 times.
MA will get 10 times less proffit so they must rise the price of the ammunitions 10 times? Change the decay of everyting x 10? Our items will instantly cost 10 times more? Are all USA citizens gona byu virtual goods now to save their money from the falling dollar? I mean you must byu gold IRL or virtual gold right.

If that happens you won't worry about your EU account, because there will be severe worldwide problems (aka WW3).

You do not have to worry, the prices in game atm is set by the actually value of USD

If the value of USD drops by 10 times... I am sure the value of items will increase by 10 times.

However the global limit will be the same, aka 50 ped..

But we won't be very surprised/happy to get a 500 ped hof tho, since it now ain't worth as much IRL :)

Well past examples of military superpowers that got such huge economical problems show that you can reckon with a large scale war, so the economical implications will depend on the outcome of this.

Silliness aside, for realistic examples of how currency value fluctuations impact the balance of companies take a look on some global players.
Nintendo for example regularly feels the impact of Yen<>USD changes, sometimes it even means that a year which saw improvements in sales was worse than the preceding year, just because of fluctuations in currency conversion.

When then dollar collapses, if the rest of the world economy doesn't follow, there will be a huge jump in prices in EU, since everyone else will be able to depo relatively small amounts of irl money for large amounts of ped. Get ready for 1mil ped shadow!

If, on the other hand, the rest of the world economy collapses with the United States, then it's really a moot point, isn't it?

When then dollar collapses, if the rest of the world economy doesn't follow, there will be a huge jump in prices in EU, since everyone else will be able to depo relatively small amounts of irl money for large amounts of ped. Get ready for 1mil ped shadow!

If, on the other hand, the rest of the world economy collapses with the United States, then it's really a moot point, isn't it?

not realy.

if the USD and other curencies drop with the same rate, that doesnt mean that what you can byu now for 1$ is what you can byu tomoroy for 1$. if now you play 1 hour for 1$ = 10 PED, tomoroy you will play 1 hour for 1$ = 10 PED, but that 1$ wont be anough to pay MA bills and wont accept that so you will have to pay 10$ = 100 PED or 10$ = 10 PED if they chanage it to 1$ = 1 PED

Since the game is 10 PED = 1 USD, what will happen if the value of the USD drop 10 times.
MA will get 10 times less proffit so they must rise the price of the ammunitions 10 times? Change the decay of everyting x 10? Our items will instantly cost 10 times more? Are all USA citizens gona byu virtual goods now to save their money from the falling dollar? I mean you must byu gold IRL or virtual gold right.

U should rather log in to EU and just enjoy playing and not thinking of "what if" science fiction theories :wise: :laugh:

not realy.

if the USD and other curencies drop with the same rate, that doesnt mean that what you can byu now for 1$ is what you can byu tomoroy for 1$. if now you play 1 hour for 1$ = 10 PED, tomoroy you will play 1 hour for 1$ = 10 PED, but that 1$ wont be anough to pay MA bills and wont accept that so you will have to pay 10$ = 100 PED or 10$ = 10 PED if they chanage it to 1$ = 1 PED

If the USD drops, it makes it an even better time for everyone else in the world to deposit and not withdraw.

I've doubled my usual weekly deposit since the AUD reached parity with the USD :cool:

Makes up for all the weeks I avoided depositing while the AUD dropped below 0.80USD a couple of years ago ;)

i would suggest staying away from virtual gold. as the dollar devalues it really doesnt have an effect against ped because it is a set rate of exchange. ie 10 usd =100 ped. this doesnt change daily like real currency. also i imagine in a collapse , if not bringing down Europe with it , MA would just change to euro , or whatever teh IMF is going to bring out as reserve currency. that being said , what you will notice is it being harder to come up with a spare ten. i know this isnt the place , but if you want to remain safe , silver is what you want to invest in , as it historically has a 1/16 value of gold, which should be around 187.00 usd , instead of the artificial price it is now of around 26.00 usd per oz. the storm is coming , gl to all of you here and in rl.

To tell you the truth I bought 600 PED of oil when the war started in Libia.
Now I'm starting to think ingame vehicles don't burn so much fuel like the real cars.
And you can always see me selling 10 PED of oil.
Code:
Hidden ad: Go byu oil from my shop!

Ahhh....Democracy works great until everyone gets self-ish....Well, we had a good run.... See ya at the soup kitchen...

hmm I wonder how many folks here had really ever lived from soup kitchen and left overs and worked their asses off for rations coupons :)
Soup kitchen will be a luxury really , proably you will have to bring you own bowl and spoon aswel...not to mention people will fight over TP

If that happens you'll have bigger problems than worrying about what happens in this game.

I guess one would have to look at history and ask it what is going on?
Also one should look at past predictions by wise men.

History. America opens its doors and tells the world. Does your country suck? Come on over.
Do your leaders suck? come on over. America opened its door to the world and the world came over and bought the United states of America. That was 400 years ago.
THE WORLD OWNS AMERICA.
Do you think the white people who got of the first ship were the ones who built USA?
Do you think its only the people who live in USA who make the laws?
USA is owned by the world. It allways has been.
Some people think the world would like to destroy USA.
Its not true. They may want to change it some and divide up the wealth and power but they dont want to destroy it.
THEY OWN IT.
Now they want to take it away from NorthAmerica and sell it to the world.
The wise man sais ONE WORLD MONEY.
They will use fear to do it. Fear and war.
Its ok. Its was to be that way from the start.
America was never owned by just Americans.
Take any world class rich person or corporation or goverment.
They own part of America.
Take any poor third world person.
They have had family or friends who have moved to America and now send money to the family in africa or china or anyplace. It has been and is still a place of dreams for the hungry the poor the oppressed and the rich.
You will not tear down America. It has the Power of the world behind it.
Yes bad bad new all day everyday....
Its just how it works.
Dont let fear run away with your dreams.
Even if I hated USA. I would not want to destroy it.

if the dolar will be 10 times lower....we all will be chinese or nord coreeans:p..and deff will be a new world order and tones of wars ww3 and ww4 and etc. What you say is crazy mate..

There's gonna be 10 times more people with currency which is not worth much. Maybe even a good thing for EU as long as MA concentrates on bringing in more players and making things fun.

What happens if the world blows up...? ;)

I guess our peds will still be safe in that case since MA will still have TT machines in Hell?

It will never be a real issue. If the USD drops too much then the rest of the world will do what they can to boost it, simply because there is far too much international investment in America.
If the USD dropped to half its value, then Japan , as an example , looses half its income for the goods they export to the US, their property investments are worth half as much, the raw goods they buy (iron, coal, foodstuffs etc) become rarer and rise in price because US companies fold or can no longer afford to export.

The same is true of almost all other countries, all have some investment is seeing that the USD doesnt drop too far.

I use Japan as an example because the have a large Financial investment in the US. If the USD devalues a little, then they make a little more buying raw goods and investing in the property market, simply because the Yen buys a little more. If it devalues too much then the goods that they manufacture, like TV's and other electronics, become too expensive for the US people to buy, so they loose income due to lack of sales, their property devalues because no-one can afford to buy it, and the resources that they buy become unwanted because no-one can afford to buy the finished products.

This is true of any economy that has ties with the USD, the more substantial the ties the more it is in their interest to keep the USD at a reasonable level.

A "decent" war, has in the past , been the answer to an ailing economy. It creates employment (military personnel) that need to be replenished continually, Industry increases, making the guns, planes, ships etc, increasing demand for natural resources, iron, food stuffs, fibers etc), and more importantly it gives its people a goal and a reason to go without (for the sake of thier fighting men) and also gives the government a wealth of cash by people investing in war bonds.
Sadly the modern era makes having a "decent" war more difficult for the US because they have become totally reliant on imported oil and computers/electronics. The excuse to go into the middle east and start a war there is a no-brainer given the middle easts current political crisis, so that fixes the oil problem nicely. The REAL problem is the computer electronics. The US has no real computer/electronics infrastructure left, the little that is there is owned by overseas companies (predominantly Japanese ). It takes years to build infrastructure to the standards needed to manufacture reliable electronics, and even if they did manage they dont have the human expertise to do the job.

So to have a war they need to make a deal with a foreign government, most likely Japan, for the electronics. Japan can say no, saying they disagree with the need for US involvment in the Middle East, and continue to buy US property at continually dropping prices until the government falls, the people riot, and Political instability and crime is completely out of control. Then they can step in , claim that "as they own the majority of the US" it is up to them to restore it. Therefore they will make it a prefecture of Japan, Support the people and bring it back under both political and criminal control. The US is now a Japanese state, subject to Japanese law and control, and owners of all the natural resources - as would be their right. All US citizens are now Japanese Citizens, if they choose to be or they are free to leave, and Japan now has a lot more room for its overpopulated home islands citizens to spread out.

Nice deal for Japan.

If Japan agreed to help and supply electronics to the US, perhaps they would only agree with provisos. Maybe the US would have to help Japan in their war with China and Korea, should that ever arise - hint hint wink wink. Maybe they need tax concessions on the raw materials that they buy from the US, and majorly reduced taxes on items imported into the US. Or any one of hundreds of other scenarios.

Again nice deal for Japan. I dont for one minute believe that this could happen, simply because the rest of the world also has interests in the USD , but more because people far more cunning and economically attuned than me would have already thought of the "potential" risks of allowing the US economy getting into that stage. The world will bolster the economy, even to their own detriment, to prevent these types of scenarios from occurring if at all possible.

The Japanese are generally a very honourable people and it was convienient to use them in these hypothetical scenarios because they have the required technology and their economy is very substantially connected to the US economy making them ideal political and economic "bad guys" in these scenarios. I dont believe that Japan would ever do these things, but they do have a saying

"Business is war"

:wise: Here Endth the lesson on why you dont have to worry about the USD falling and affecting your EU PED, if it ever got really bad then you would have far more to worry about than a silly game, even if you have heavily invested in it, because odds are that MA will just shut the servers because the have over relied on the stability of the USD and are broke so you would never get your money out anyway.

:handgun: That and the "potential" bullets. :rocket:

USD loses it's value relative the rate at which new USD is printed and released into the world. At 5% inflation, it will around 15 years when the USD loses 10 times its value...10 USD today is worth 1 USD 15 years from now...$1*1.05^15

um well there are a few flaws with that scenario , firstly China and the Federal Reserve banks are the largest holders of us debt. secondly . the US no longer produces much of anything , our economy is a 70% consumer based economy ( we use goods , not make them) , now when the dollar falls so far it will create a trade inbalance because of the difference in currency, so the goods will go to other countries that can afford it. lastly the only reason the US dollar hasnt collapsed yet is because it is the reserve currency for the world ( if germany buys oil from say Saudi ) they have to buy us dollars first to trade with. in the past month russia and china have made a deal to deal with each other directly bypassing the reserve currency , also the IMF and UN are pushing to change the reserve currency from dollars to sdr ( special drawing rights) which is a basket of weighted currency.....just an observation from this end...gl all

Dont take it so seriously Diver, only the last paragraph is important. As I said, its just a scenario using Japan as an example - not gospel written by me.

When the USD collapses noticeably faster than it does today MA will probably start valuing the PED against a basket of currencies. That's what all the cool kids do anyway.

U should rather log in to EU and just enjoy playing and not thinking of "what if" science fiction theories :wise: :laugh:

yes, because lets face it - there is absolutly nothing science fictional about Entropia! :wise:

Easy question: Your shit will be worth 1/10th - if you're outside the US that is.

Although everyone understands what you mean by dollars I just wanted to say that the USA has not printed or digitalized dollars in many decades, the currency the USA now uses is called federal reserve debtor notes. Even the normal everyday coins in the USA are now under the federal reserve debt system.

You used to be able to send in on federal reserve note and they would send you one dollar but that end a very long time ago.

The US mint does however mint gold and silver bullion coins which still are "real" USA dollars. So are the old silver and gold coins that some have stock piled.

The US constitution states that its currency, the dollar, must be gold and silver but by using the federal reserve debtor note system they get around that clause I suppose, because they are not dollars.

If the federal reserve notes the USA now uses ever fail then people could use the old "real dollars" like copper pennies, nickels, silver dimes and quaters and half dollars and of course silver dollars, if they could get their hands on them.

Last edited:
in my opinion MA should chage currency to euro couse 80% of the players r from Europe

Did I miss a news story or something?

Back