What is going on ? What is coming up ?

Kim, almost every year (or even every year?) we have some sort of interesting sale at the end of the year. Can we expect something this year too? I'm not asking any concrete plans or in what field it may be. Just curious - yes or no answer. :)

i do understand why MA/PC barely comment anything...

kim drops some info for mayhem and instantly gets shot with questions all over - damn just cant ppl wait 2 weeks until all the rules and setup is posted and be satisfied with the hints given already? this thread should not be the MM discussion thread however.

myself is disappointed because of taming absence too but heck, get over it without bumping it in every post now. it's not prio atm, fine, bring up the topic in a year again thanks.

sure communication from the devs can be improved, roadmaps that actually get reality etc., but people please show some respect and dont yell around like children wanting candy at the supermarket cash desk.

kim drops some info for mayhem and instantly gets shot with questions all over - damn just cant ppl wait 2 weeks until all the rules and setup is posted and be satisfied with the hints given already?

well said !

i do understand why MA/PC barely comment anything...

kim drops some info for mayhem and instantly gets shot with questions all over - damn just cant ppl wait 2 weeks until all the rules and setup is posted and be satisfied with the hints given already? this thread should not be the MM discussion thread however.

myself is disappointed because of taming absence too but heck, get over it without bumping it in every post now. it's not prio atm, fine, bring up the topic in a year again thanks.

sure communication from the devs can be improved, roadmaps that actually get reality etc., but people please show some respect and dont yell around like children wanting candy at the supermarket cash desk.

<removed>

As for Marry Mayhem...sounds like nice changes. MA solved few main MM problems like time, teams conflicts, and even only for big teams with one simple move. MM doable for solo players will bring much more incomes for MA and CLD holders.

Also all shoutign that MM is destroyed now shall wait and see before. We know just few words about it - no need of "omg, skyfall, etc"

I am hoping KIM that loot on mayhem mob will not be "specialy cut/adjusted" and remain as at any other mob ( not beacon :eek: - wchich is terrbile % back now)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are actually 8 different instances, categories 1-4 (team) and categories 1-4 (solo). Each avatar will get 30 team keys as well as 30 solo keys. You will indeed be able to play as much as you want this year outside of the event and there will be no restrictions on skill chipping.

We have also extended the event time frame to a month starting Dec 14 and ending Jan 14.

Some very nice improvements.

Wonder if it'll be a straight shoot out between diff guns? or maybe something more to it? Wondering what the details will be....time to start preparing. Dec 14 is almost here ! :)

Thanks for the info Kim :).

I for one am very happy with the changes to MM you describe.

Crap :(
Worst change ever for my Team Kimmi..... Looks like I will go solo this year. Not what I hoped for.

(if you wanna coment that its still possible to do it in team, you dont understand the "magic" on mayhem)

Wonder if it'll be a straight shoot out between diff guns? or maybe something more to it? Wondering what the details will be....time to start preparing. Dec 14 is almost here ! :)

Ah you want some surprises instead of 200+ DPS win?

Well maybe you can use some skills like xenobiology, robotology, biology, scientist and throw some good scaners on mobs and win. And maybe loot some good DNA by scaning in the proccess?

Or you cud use skills like doctor skill and kill all mobs there with fap.

Or you are bored with basic proifession with 200+ DPS guns and want more than that - more andvanced?
Then you use skills from advertised advanced profession like Jamming and Telepathy to win.

After almost 10 years of non development nothing can surprise me.

I like the idea, but I'm affraid all the people with the hugh dps weapons will get the win reguardless as they can kill more per each 1 hour instance.

IMO, this should be based on single loot points.

There are many events based on single loots or luck, Mayhem is not one of them, thankfully.

There are many events based on single loots or luck, Mayhem is not one of them, thankfully.

That's the thing. Which way will this go? if they make it pure points based on number of kills biggest gun will win. If they make it luck you will be there no doubt to pounce on them (your comment to me reads as a warning shot :) )....

or or will it be something completely different? or some kind of combination? What can the mind of MA conjure up?

...xenobiology, robotology, biology, scientist... /...doctor skill.../ ...Jamming and Telepathy...

After almost 10 years of non development nothing can surprise me.

And you forgot Botany + Genetics, and the more than famous,
Particle Beamer Weaponry which lays here since a good 8+ years lol...

i must say again! ty ma! :yay:

That's the thing. Which way will this go? if they make it pure points based on number of kills biggest gun will win. If they make it luck you will be there no doubt to pounce on them (your comment to me reads as a warning shot :) )....

or or will it be something completely different? or some kind of combination? What can the mind of MA conjure up?

That will mean big guns will have some purpose again. HI Tier MM for 140 K will get meanings for paying that amount. That mean also more depos from attention whores who will be in need of winning toys in "pay to win" events.

So just good things for MA 2013 ballance sheet :)

EDIT:

Forgot add that hundreds of solo hunters who will be doing "caved/arened" Mayhem with hope of winning and without actual knowledge about how far u are from it. In old system when u saw well organised grinding team you were just loosing hope instantly and thus stop shooting.

I expect this Year MM great "financial" sucess for whole platform

There are counters in the quests this year as well so you will be able to compare your score with others.

Yeah, I would, because practically all the other events are "top 10 loots", kill some event mob and have a chance to loot something, etc. There needs to be a pedal to the metal hunting event, and Mayhem is that.

And it's not just biggest gun, you need to max the gun (like MM or imp strike), other gear will matter like fap/armor, skills like health and evade will probably matter, strategy will probably matter, etc.

Is there any events for lower end players to have a chance at winning anything?

From what i gathered so far, BIIG VU comin dec 4, implementing next phase of "improved loot", along with PP content releases.

Could you provide a source?

It was mentioned in some topic by either MA or caly devs

Is there any events for lower end players to have a chance at winning anything?

There are 4 skill level categories, basically based on your highest hit profession. Last year it was something like 0-24, 25-49, 50-69, 70+.

-/ Mod's Note /-

Please note the topic for this thread is: Upcoming content by the Planet Calypso development team.

Universe-wide systems and features are not appropriate topics for discussion in this section.

-/ Mod's Note /-

Please note the topic for this thread is: Upcoming content by the Planet Calypso development team.

Universe-wide systems and features are not appropriate topics for discussion in this section.

But the Planet Calypso Development team is MindArk.

But the Planet Calypso Development team is MindArk.

While Planet Calypso AB may be a subsidiary company of MA, they are only responsible for the development of Calypso in the same way as any other planet partner is responsible for their own planet.
They are not responsible for MindArk's universe-wide systems and features.

The guidelines for threads in this section are clearly spelled out by 711 here: Dev's Corner Forum Guidelines

:topic:

Back