what is this tiering about?

Matho

Stalker
Society
Cs re-united
Hi all,
few weeks after implementing tiering system I still wonder what is all about.
Why Im asking? Let mi explain it:

Enhancers( and tiering processes for uL as well) are increasing the cost of play. Doesnt matter if it is only question of ped or two or two hundreds.
Does anyone, using enhancers, noticed some changes in loot which should balance this higher cost of play?

Tiering of uL items...hm...maybe Im wrong, but there are only two possible benefits here:
For ubers(or rich players) who can afford give at stake hundreds of USD and can tier uL items into more powerfull ones. The gap between this kind of players and the rest will only grow
...and of course second benefit goes to MA. Driving uL items out of the game. Yeah I know Marco said all uL items lost during the tiering process will be found in loot again, but srry Marco - you can lost your credit only once. I bet my pants most of uL items lost in tiering is lost forever.

ehm..and using enhacer on lets say enmat finder, which will allow me go deeper by 25 metres on 60 survey for 40 peds...:laugh:

Maybe Im completely missing something here (thats why I started this thread, dont take it as a complaining one ). But all I can see is increasing cost of play and giving uL items out of the game.

Anyone?

yep...

Yep... your theory appears somewhat correct.

My take on it is that tiers exist so that more avatars will use the repair terminal more instead of just TTing lowly TT food, because the tier level is not something we'll want to throw away... This results in more decay costs instead of ped cycling... "got to just get this thing up to .9 before I sell it..." mentality = more decay = more profit for MA than they had last year.

Other issue... there's only x amount of items in game at any time. If player A looses an unimited Uber item, Player B can loot it tomorrow, then Player B goes and posts about it on the forums here and elsewhere... makes it look like we are all getting rich quick when in fact that's not really what's happening. Same sort of thing was done many VUs ago when Residue was put in to the system to make Global messages on crafting appear a lot more often than they were before that time.

2nd effect...

Another effect/direct result is that IF balancing manager decides there is too many of item X in the game, they can use the tier system to completely erase it from the system... as you theorized... I don't think that'll be done all the time though so that it's not as apparent as it might be. This results in less costs to MA|FPC becuase back in the old days, such as when personal revive terminals existed, MA had to "buy out" the participants and pay a lot of ped to get the item back... This pushes the appearance of blame of erasing items from them to us, when in fact it's really them doing it by rigging the success ratio of the tier system...

well i atleast see the benefit of using them, however price has to come down by a lot first.

If my exam proves my theory to be correct the range enhancers on finders will be a godsend. Ie using skillgain mining you use two finders but they dont have the same search radius if at the same level, with the enhancers you can get the same range :D

Also you can kill big mobs faster for example thus less decay on armor.

the past...

one other "buyout" from the past that I can think of besides the personal revive terminal was the payoff to booth owners a long time ago when booths in Hades broke - booth owners, or so the forums tell us here, got free shopkeepers at that time. That won't likely ever happen again because the last booth breaking problem was vu 10 when booth owners got screwed by not having their booth available (dropping items in booth estate resulted in message that anyone could pick items up, and markup could not be set, etc.) when all other shop owners in game had a real monopoly over the market... When that second booth issue came up, FPC promised an "upgrade" in the forums here... The result of that "upgrade" was simple re-activitation of the way it used to work and a request of 2k ped to add an additional 20 item slots... IN OTHER WORDS... in the past they were paying free items worth 2-3k to participants for their bugs and mistakes. Now they want us to pay them 2k+ for their bugs and mistakes!!!! Hopefully, since FPC's job is to stabilize the economy, they will get that attitude fixed soon!

many of the enhancers will/could have a good use, but the problem is that many are to expensive right now.

Enhancers( and tiering processes for uL as well) are increasing the cost of play.

Tiering of uL items...For ubers(or rich players) who can afford give at stake hundreds of USD and can tier uL items into more powerfull ones. The gap between this kind of players and the rest will only grow

...and of course second benefit goes to MA. Driving uL items out of the game.

ehm..and using enhacer on lets say enmat finder, which will allow me go deeper by 25 metres on 60 survey for 40 peds...:laugh:

nope, not missed much as far as i can tell, caputred it in one post.

what about the ecconomy enhancers ?

is this a joke ? you buy something that can break at any time to reduce the cost of the items usage by a tiny fraction ?

lol

what about the ecconomy enhancers ?

is this a joke ? you buy something that can break at any time to reduce the cost of the items usage by a tiny fraction ?

lol

yeah, the ecconmy enhancers is the ones i think will be most difficult to find any use for. The only use is on L items with high mu.

Another form of gambling? This is the way I see it. Attachments are more of the "sure thing" in terms of upgrading your weapons. Enhancers allow you the opportunity to upgrade an item's stats with the "gamble" that it will be worth it.

If you buy a decent priced enhancer and get 1000 uses out of it, then you got lucky and it paid off. Of course the opposite can happen just as easy. It will also allow you to get more damage out of a weapon or something if you're just looking to maximize that. It has it's uses.

The other thing, as mentioned above, is the economy enhancers can be used to extend the life of (L) items. The item will last longer, getting you more uses out of it before you have to go spend the money to buy a new one. If the cost of the economy enhancer is less than the a portion of the markup of the item, you come out ahead.

Enhancers aren't pure upgrades. They are risky items. It's like using a mining amplifier. If it works, awesome. If not, you just wasted some money. Same idea.

You forget the random using of the enhancers.
Why is that ?

Well, they can tweak the usage to make sure their income is steady.
It will be considered dynamic ;)

Anyway, random & second item is a bridge to far for me to use it at all.

Don't focus to much on the "random break", is the avarage that is important. You should not treat each indivual enhancer like one item, they are meant to be bought and consumed in stacks.

Don't focus to much on the "random break", is the avarage that is important. You should not treat each indivual enhancer like one item, they are meant to be bought and consumed in stacks.

The random will be adjusted by MA, I think.

So in 'bad' times for us, or when the MA average is down (below business model), the random will shift up. That is my opinion ...

And why not do this in a standard usage so we know what we pay for.

Perhaps I have missed it... but is there any testing about average usages per break, or similar data on the enhancers?

Thanks

The random will be adjusted by MA, I think.

So in 'bad' times for us, or when the MA average is down (below business model), the random will shift up. That is my opinion ...

And why not do this in a standard usage so we know what we pay for.

I am pretty sure they will not adjust them because of their profit. But i can guess that they maybe will tweak it in the future if they feel the enhancers are not good enough.

I am pretty sure they will not adjust them because of their profit. But i can guess that they maybe will tweak it in the future if they feel the enhancers are not good enough.

I respect your opinion & I wish I could believe you :rolleyes:

Back