What makes you deposit to play now?

Greznik

Alpha
Society
Obsidian
I've been in game now since nov 2005. Play almost everday for several hours, have been since I started, with a couple weeks off for vacation, gold card dying, out of town etc, so obviously I've deposited a few dollars. At first, I deposited to get a sense for the game, see how much x amount of dollars would last. Then I wanted to skill further and see how far I could come, get some more equipment etc. Then it became a challenge for me to see how far a certain deposit could last me. And then I thought I'd see how much I could skill in other professions other than my main one hunting. Now closing in on 2 years its merely to try and get an uber hof in any profession, solo. If that ever happens, not exactly sure what, but I'd prolly try to upgrade a bit and make it last as long as possible. I love the game for some reason and would like it to last longer, but its tough as I know it is for all. Please share with me your reasons for depositing, even if its for just a few dollars each month, I'd like to hear. I'm sure lots of others would like to hear as well. I know some depo for fun, investment, uber status, etc. Please share your experience if you would :)

Bump people, I think this is important to all

Hi greznik, long time no hear.

I only play and deposit for my hunt when wife not around (she dont like me playing since I work with computers).

Started like you in the end of 2005 dont remember what date, first I deposit and had fun and continue to do so until the end of Mars this year when I lost intresst in it. To much depositing and no more fun. Chipped out all and withdraw the small amount I got. Now I only play some and deposit some (not like it used to be) and I can still see that it aint so much fun as it used to be. Must be the loss of green lines in chat window. My intresst where lost when my old friend Hoxy left and chipped out.

Yea man, good to hear from yea Boss, sorry to hear you chipped most skills out, but I suppose there always comes that time to do so. Check out PG, if interested PM me. Its pretty tough out there right now, would love to hear from others. I think its important to share why we all depo. Yea, I don't have picture by my sign in, should that make you not want to post to this? This, in my opinion, is what runs this game, depos for whatever reason, please contribute. Otherwise I might think I'm the only one depositing!

The main reason for depositing is because there are no peds on my card :cool:

When the games stops being fun I will stop depositing, but I continue to enjoy it so I continue to deposit.

I started in Oct 2006, I deposit pretty regularly but try to keep it down to no more than once a week:D The reason? Because I tried sweating and hated it, I really dont have the time to spend months crawling up to a point where I can hunt some serious mobs that can deliver serious loot. I kind of look at this as a rather expensive hobby, like SCUBA or maybe paintball, I never thought twice about spending $$$ on SCUBA gear as long as it was fun.

Blackjack :cowboy:

If I see something that will improve my EU Life, I will make a $20-$45 deposit towards the item. Though otherwise I devote 100 PED to hunting, 100 ped to repairs and anything left over for amusement and entertainment purposes...

I don't deposit anymore at all. Haven't deposited for 8 months. I did withdraw a good bunch of cash though. I don't deposit anymore because of several reasons:

• I don't have the cash for entropia anymore, my level of playing has grown bigger then my IRL economy.

• Progression and development in Entropia is way too slow.

• I've been in entropia soon 4 years, I probably know everything there is to know about entropia, and theres very rarley anything new to find out.

• the bang-for-the-buck is no longer a "bang" for me. More like a fart in a barn yard.

• I am sick of not beeing appreciated or recognized by MindArk. 6-8 months ago I found out how to become immortal or "god mode" at any time when ever I like. I reported it, made a video of it and showed MA exactly how I do it. I barley got a "thank you" and the case was closed. And the exploit is only half-fixed. It's still possible to do it. Only this time I am not going to bother to report it.

• I know of upcomming changes in entropia that I am not supposed to know of. And they make me worried.

• I know of upcomming changes in entropia that I am not supposed to know of. And they make me worried.

What you are saying here is quite a strong declaration... I guess you don't want to share the details with us :rolleyes:

:scratch2:
Now that makes sense... care to share with us info If you also chipped out any or all of your skills?

And imo this one you should keep to yourself, coz now im worried also..lol Now lets see... to keep pumping my addiction with CC shots like I did for the last 24months... or to get a rl project of my own and slowly let my avi die dry... Anyways good to know that some ppl know more than they should, I would like to know how to get that kind of info in some other language than swedish...?!

Back on topic.. CC shots are made by me when I cannot repair my hunting gear and buy a ton of ammo, just to realise that sometimes after 20hrs later those 100€ are gone with no reward whatsoever from bigger mobs.

Robo:smoke:

main reason for my deposits are lack of other places to put all my money

What you are saying here is quite a strong declaration... I guess you don't want to share the details with us :rolleyes:

No I don't want to do that because of a thousands of reasons:

It might not be true and I would be called a rumor spreader
If it is true it might damage MindArk if someone spoils it pre-maturely
It is none of my business
I might just be paraniod and it's really "nothing"

and so on...

At start it was monthly depositing to get skills, hunt, craft and get some gear. I was happy, and the depos lasted that month, and skills grew in the process. But months rolled by, and then depo-intervals got shorter, depos got bigger, and gear was too expensive to buy. Then at some point, i think it was 2007 01, i stopped to depo, and decided to look how long i can go on without it. Ill have to sell most of my stuff to keep going even the smallest of hunting hobbies, which i did at many points after 01, but occasionally it does pay me some back and i can go on for a bit. :dunno: I have no idea how long this will work though, have to try and see. Only downside to this is, the complete stop to skill growth, because unamped opalo just wont do it anymore :laugh: , well waiting to see how long this experience lasts, then ill prolly depo a bit again. Hmmm...did i speak to much, MA sees this and cuts off my loots alltogether to make me depo...

I deposit because im addicted to skilling and cant afford a Mod Merc, chipped to the max so i can use it & a mod fap. When the gaming aspect of EU bores me ill probably sell up all my items and hunt feffs naked with a korss. If that bores me, as it does today, ill sell the skills as well and play tiddlywinks instead.

It should be noted that it is only what i read on ef about the mm & mf that makes me think that serious skill hunting can be self sustainable with these items. Due to the fact i have never had them i dont know it as fact.

Well, i play PE since july 2005 and i deposit very regulary. One of the reasons of depositing is cause im a multi proffessions player. I need a lot of money for my daily hunts , like 300 to 600 peds ammos, it depends of my RL tonus.
Sometimes loots are very good and i can cover the loss, sometime no. The second reason is upgrades of my material so i need regulary new weapons and try new armors. In this case the deposit can go over 20k peds. I need money to mine or / and craft and i like it a lot too.

So more my experience grow, more i can adjust my deposits. Whith time , i dont care about game changes, i just choose the material i need , in fonction of what i want to hunt and craft. We all can make money in EU but actualy its realy hard. Pregolds player had a big chance :)

All is in ur goals. If u want it, u can do it.

main reason for my deposits are lack of other places to put all my money

Want my bank account number? :D

I deposit once a month, because otherwise, MA will be sooo poor, and I think they deserve a little money for their work.

Other than that, sweating blows, so I prefer working IRL for an hour and deposit over sweating for a week and getting the same gains.

I only put a penny in compared to before. just to hear the ra-ta-ta-ta once in a while and the "ouch" sound of a collapsping spider to confirm that really nothing except oil and L drops.

I would do more but making a simple calculation showing that skilling to nice levels will take next 7-10 years doesn't seem much promising if I take into account the average return ratio of the last year...

so, until some miracle happens - forget bigger deposits from me. [should I insert a smiley or extremely_sad icon here...]

J.

I only deposit to buy big items and paramedic skills to feed my L fap addiciton ;)

hmmm...started about the same time, Nov 23, 05 to be exact. I started with a depo of $20 US. My last depo was 6 months ago, but was a lot bigger than my first, ah heck, ok, it was $1000 US. needed to complete an armor set and buy a gun had always wanted. I try and sell almost all looted materials, I try and hunt pretty eco most of the time, same with mining. Have not been the most or least lucky avatar in EU. Our skills are probably similar, and have been skilling my ass off....with some luck (pleeez Lootius), won't need to depo till next year.

Nothing!
1. Averge return rate steadily dropping over the last few vu's
2. Switch to L items and then lack of supply for them
3. Skill nerf and the miniscule effect that they have to begin with

3 strikes and MA is out when it comes to depositing. I deposited quite regularly in the past but I've now chipped out and sold almost everything, withdrew about twice what I'd put in and now I'm a freeloader on the system.

You dug your own grave with me MA :laugh:
Attracting new customers is great, but you'd better learn how to keep them.

I too am a player that used to deposit regularly, but currently do not deposit. In fact, I'm in the process of cashing out. I still plan on playing, but I'll play as a non-depositor for here on out.

Does this mean that I'll NEVER deposit again??? I wouldn't say that, because you never know what the future holds. However, if I ever do deposit in the future it will be to purchase an item, but not to simply pay for game play.

2 times

...3 strikes and MA is out when it comes to depositing. I deposited quite regularly in the past but I've now chipped out and sold almost everything, withdrew about twice what I'd put in and now I'm a freeloader on the system.

Yep. Some cheek on thum. Ah mean, doubling your investment for time spent gaming...what the fuck is the virtual worlds coming to!?:scratch2:

Yep. Some cheek on thum. Ah mean, doubling your investment for time spent gaming...what the fuck is the virtual worlds coming to!?:scratch2:

Well, if you look at rawen's answer it makes sense that I doubled my money. You've got to be insane to pay the prices some things are going for now compared to a year or two ago.
Even though I doubled my money, it took a LOT of hours to do it. I could have made more money working at McDonalds for a fraction of those hours. :laugh:

I used to allow myself £20/$40 per month for ammo, repairs, upgrades, etc, and used to hunt Drones a LOT in my Bear+6As.

Then the loot got nerfed - going from small profit/small loss to small profit/big loss - and I decided that this was no longer fun. I sold my Bear, my Knight, chipped out all my BLP weapon Tech,

At the beginning of July I made my first £10/$20 deposit since April. The reason? I bought something off a friend who plays and would prefer to be paid in PEDs, since he has no CC and the local Ukash places don't know their arse from their elbow :rolleyes:

Nowadays I hunt unarmoured or in my Gnome+5As since Impact or Impact+Cut protection is the most useful against the largest number of mobs and the decay is minimal.

Even though I doubled my money, it took a LOT of hours to do it. I could have made more money working at McDonalds for a fraction of those hours. :laugh:
Bet this was more fun though ;)

Mr Rawen

Well, if you look at rawen's answer it makes sense that I doubled my money. You've got to be insane to pay the prices some things are going for now compared to a year or two ago.

Im sure Mr Rawens post is definitive on this matter, however some reasons why playing EU does not equal working at McDonalds:

-U play when you want to play - working at McDonalds......eh nah.....
-McDonalds pays you to serve their customers - with MA you are the customer.
-Your a fanny if you need a third reason.

the only reason i still am here and depo is my soc mates u could not
wish for a better bunch and i trust them totaly as it is the gameplay is getting boring the bugs suck and the loot is a joke but i depo faithfully
every friday for our friday fun night

I haven't for months.

Why?

Depositing so that i can hunt is the same as setting my money on fire without letting go; either way i get burned.

On the other hand, i have my hangar, so there is no real reason to deposit. But i will say that my first hunt in a long time was last night, and even though i globaled and it was a small hunt, i still managed to come back with a return of 40%. And that does not include repairs. That hunt provides all the reasons i'll ever need to justify avoiding depositing.

As my mum used to say when i would play tug of war with my dog for her toys; "You've got to let her win sometimes or she'll lose interest". Mother knows best eh? :)

Nothing!
1. Averge return rate steadily dropping over the last few vu's
2. Switch to L items and then lack of supply for them
3. Skill nerf and the miniscule effect that they have to begin with

3 strikes and MA is out when it comes to depositing. I deposited quite regularly in the past but I've now chipped out and sold almost everything, withdrew about twice what I'd put in and now I'm a freeloader on the system.

I think this post describes how 80% of hunters feel nowdays
Just to many nerfs to fast. It made it very obvious your just in it for cash, but the problem is after people see that they will withhold their cash cause frankly your game sucks now
:tongue4:

Back