Where has FPC gone?

Alpha Prime

Mature
Society
League of Fair Traders
Alpha Primemover One
Last post I can find by any FPC personnel was the 13th? Did someone bomb there offices? Did a Raging Ambu eat them all? Anyone know why they have dropped out of sight and not answering mail?

It's not all that uncommon to not have a post from them for a week or more. The sky isn't falling... yet :laugh:

Alpha, you may well have been involved in this game for longer than your life here on PCF, but it seems to me that this post coming from someone who joined this month is a bit odd.

This is not meant as a slight to you, just saying that if you really are as old here as you join date suggests, you are taking a fairly small sample....

FPC take vacancy from december 21 to january 5 normally then goes vacancy again from january 10 to 24, its common...

FPC take vacancy from december 21 to january 5 normally then goes vacancy again from january 10 to 24, its common...

I thought it was the opposite, they work those dates and have the rest of the year off.

But I was thinking of making a thread like this also.
1 week + with ZERO posts on their official forum?

I mean we dont expect much from them(only because we've gotten so little in the past) but try a little harder FPC.

Still.....

no reply from FPC. As to them being on holiday, maybe BUT surely its not that difficult to have an autoreply saying we are on holiday back whenever? I know its not because I do that. I'm not the only one that has noticed this and am noticing a lot of speculation in general chat ingame about why they have gone silent. A lot of nervousness out there because of this silence with people speculating maybe game is in trouble. I'm definitely hoping its not but FPC not helping by going into hibernation or whatever they have done. Come on guys even just a quick post with some positive info would go a LONG way to helping.

Last post I can find by any FPC personnel was the 13th? Did someone bomb there offices? Did a Raging Ambu eat them all? Anyone know why they have dropped out of sight and not answering mail?
I’m actually glad they are silent, and they should remain so for now.
Too many things are unfinished, the roadmap of last year hasn’t even been finished.
No explanations about how or why that happened, time for chitchat is over.
Time for FPC and Mindark to understand that they need to (re)build up trust from the player base.
It’s now time for action, actions speak louder than words.

So I do no longer want to hear things like, “The future is bright.”
First bring back Planet Calypso back to the state where it was before VU.10.
Something that should have been done by now.

When I stood on Calypso Gateway for the first time, I thought they finally got the
message and understood what needed to be done. But I guess I was wrong.

Enjoy playing ...
Mariko.

It could be that the Calypso sell is in the finish stage and some kind of transition period are in place at FPC right now, or Hanne could be sick or on vacation, who knows.

Too many things are unfinished, the roadmap of last year hasn’t even been finished.
No explanations about how or why that happened, time for chitchat is over.
Time for FPC and Mindark to understand that they need to (re)build up trust from the player base.
It’s now time for action, actions speak louder than words.

So I do no longer want to hear things like, “The future is bright.”
First bring back Planet Calypso back to the state where it was before VU.10.
Something that should have been done by now.

When I stood on Calypso Gateway for the first time, I thought they finally got the
message and understood what needed to be done. But I guess I was wrong.

Enjoy playing ...
Mariko.

exactly what i thought +rep :)

in FPC's position i wouldnt have the heart to write some tissue of lies again, maybe also because they have (and had not before) any idea what MA is doing. Yes, it is just speculation, but im pretty sure its something like that is going on in sweden.
Some greedy fat cat's -who never played a computergame- sittin' in sweden and wondering why their moneymachine is not working anymore....
To keep the playerbase it is not enough to have 20 fat cat's and 3 programmers, main tasks seems to be to tie up money and let it circulate somewhere...

maybe we will see some personnel cutbacks in the future?

exactly what i thought +rep :)

in FPC's position i wouldnt have the heart to write some tissue of lies again, maybe also because they have (and had not before) any idea what MA is doing. Yes, it is just speculation, but im pretty sure its something like that is going on in sweden.
Some greedy fat cat's -who never played a computergame- sittin' in sweden and wondering why their moneymachine is not working anymore....
To keep the playerbase it is not enough to have 20 fat cat's and 3 programmers, main tasks seems to be to tie up money and let it circulate somewhere...

maybe we will see some personnel cutbacks in the future?

I hope we could have this discussion without showing too much disrespect for the personal at FPC and MA?
I believe both MA and FPC are working hard with limited resources. The main problem i belive is that some of the development at MA have taken a bit longer time than they thought.

They can often be a bit quiet shortly before a VU, maybe something nice is receiving final testing that they dont want to share with us (just yet).

Not having a post in a week is no real cause for concern.

I hope we could have this discussion without showing too much disrespect for the personal at FPC and MA?
I believe both MA and FPC are working hard with limited resources. The main problem i belive is that some of the development at MA have taken a bit longer time than they thought.

sorry but i dont think that is the point. i have pretty much respect for the work of MA and FPC, especially FPC, they made a great game. But to be honest i think MA have no idea what they are doing... Go a step further and look up why the development goes that slow forward....there seems for me just to be the personnel aspect, sad but true :-/

sorry but i dont think that is the point. i have pretty much respect for the work of MA and FPC, especially FPC, they made a great game. But to be honest i think MA have no idea what they are doing... Go a step further and look up why the development goes that slow forward....there seems for me just to be the personnel aspect, sad but true :-/

A little of topic from the op, but to be honest i don't realy know what you people are complaining about, the biggest problem i can see are three issues:
1. The development goes a bit to slow and they are late on delivering all the old systems.
2. The lack of marketing and PR (should be done by FPC?). We need more players.
3. The cost of playing. Yes, it's a bit to expansive for the avarage player, they must do something about that.

I think all three issues are connected to the lack of resources (money).

So Pissin people off even more then they already are and driving even more players away is their way to resolve lack of funds? Go figure...I was thinking maybe lightening the chokehold and bringing back the fun that was EU pre VU10 would be the right choice to attract new players and maybe bring old one who have left back...

Gotta be a Euro thing.

A little of topic from the op, but to be honest i don't realy know what you people are complaining about, the biggest problem i can see are three issues:
1. The development goes a bit to slow and they are late on delivering all the old systems.
2. The lack of marketing and PR (should be done by FPC?). We need more players.
3. The cost of playing. Yes, it's a bit to expansive for the avarage player, they must do something about that.

Sorry but I do understand why some people complain.
First of all Mindark is a profession business, they are paid to do their job, paid by us!
So I think a lot have the right to camplain when Mindark fails to deliver.
Now let’s check your 3 points. ;)

1. Slow, I would say very slow, given the fact that they have this engine for almost two years now.
Let’s not forget, development started well before VU.10 went online.

2. I would not go into PR and add campaigns right now, not the time for it as this universe is hardly worth bragging about atm. Let them first get things rolling and work out most of the bugs, lag and what not.

3. Cost to play is currently too high, it should become better when the player base increases.
But that doesn’t happen yet. Currently my weekly bugged is rather nuts for an online entertainment.
To give you an idea, on my weekly bugged, I could …

Rent 20 to 30 movies a week, but that gets boring fast. That is between 30 to 40 hours of entertainment a week. I could take my hubby out two nights, and go nuts and get drunk. ( Something we no longer do. :D )
I could pay and play wow for one year. I even consider this, but doubt it will be a challenge for me. I also could buy a plane ticket to Paris every weekend, and go shopping there. However I chose to play Entropia Universe as I love it. But the bugged is getting rather insane, and currently I’m reconsidering if it is still worth to keep playing at this bugged.

Mindark is currently over pricing thier product, not a smart move.
As a lot of players will walk, making it more costly for those who stay behind.

Sorry OP for the off topic. :ahh:

Enjoy playing ...
Mariko.

Last edited:
I noticed last night that the last post on facebook was regarding the He-Man Competition. Nothing about the sale of Medusas Head yet. Guess that says it all. Not much point in me spamming the game in there if the link leads to a page they can't be bothered to keep up to date.

If you wish them to remain silent until they finished what they promissed we might not hear about them for the next 2 decade...
There is still many basic feature promissed during betta that are still not here... like heuuu.... screnshoot button...Just to name an obvious one.

So Pissin people off even more then they already are and driving even more players away is their way to resolve lack of funds? Go figure...I was thinking maybe lightening the chokehold and bringing back the fun that was EU pre VU10 would be the right choice to attract new players and maybe bring old one who have left back...

Gotta be a Euro thing.

It's a type of "moment 22", they need happy players to make money, they need money to make the players happy.

Enjoy playing ...
Mariko.

Yes, i agree it's too expansive to play the game as soon as you leave the "newbie" stage for most of us, that it's the issue i feel is the biggest of MA failures, not beeing able to lower the avarage cost/hour. At the same time, from a techincal gameing point of view, most of the game works good.

I hope we can get some more information from Marco regarding FPC/EU and how the situation are right now.

If you wish them to remain silent until they finished what they promissed we might not hear about them for the next 2 decade...
There is still many basic feature promissed during betta that are still not here... like heuuu.... screnshoot button...Just to name an obvious one.

I know what you mean, but also know not much will happen this year on Planter Calypso.
Mindark has their hands full with the new planets atm, we will have to do for know with that we have.
So for me, they can stay silent until they can tell us, this has been done and it will be released on that date.
As for the promised futures ? Many won't be back this year, as they lack the man power, time and the will to do so.

Until then, I will remain silent also, and be in game when I feel like it. :)
No use in talking to someone who won't listen anyway.

Enjoy the silence ...
Mariko.

Sorry but I do understand why some people complain.
First of all Mindark is a profession business, they are paid to do their job, paid by us!
So I think a lot have the right to camplain when Mindark fails to deliver.
Now let’s check your 3 points. ;)

1. Slow, I would say very slow, given the fact that they have this engine for almost two years now.
Let’s not forget, development started well before VU.10 went online.

2. I would not go into PR and add campaigns right now, not the time for it as this universe is hardly worth bragging about atm. Let them first get things rolling and work out most of the bugs, lag and what not.

3. Cost to play is currently too high, it should become better when the player base increases.
But that doesn’t happen yet. Currently my weekly bugged is rather nuts for an online entertainment.
To give you an idea, on my weekly bugged, I could …

Rent 20 to 30 movies a week, but that gets boring fast. That is between 30 to 40 hours of entertainment a week. I could take my hubby out two nights, and go nuts and get drunk. ( Something we no longer do. :D )
I could pay and play wow for one year. I even consider this, but doubt it will be a challenge for me. I also could buy a plane ticket to Paris every weekend, and go shopping there. However I chose to play Entropia Universe as I love it. But the bugged is getting rather insane, and currently I’m reconsidering if it is still worth to keep playing at this bugged.

Sorry OP for the off topic. :ahh:

Enjoy playing ...
Mariko.

I agree with you totaly....But instead of renting a movies or buying a ticket 2 Paris maybe you should consider 2 buy a Ticket for Belgrade and visit me instead....I can guarantee more than 20-30 h of fun per week:yay:

I know what you mean, but also know not much will happen this year on Planter Calypso.
Mindark has their hands full with the new planets atm, we will have to do for know with that we have.
So for me, they can stay silent until they can tell us, this has been done and it will be released on that date.
As for the promised futures ? Many won't be back this year, as they lack the man power, time and the will to do so.

Enjoy the silence ...
Mariko.

So MA hope that the other planets will ensure that they get new players as they themselves are unable to do.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the silence ...
Mariko.

Just because MA isn't being productive with Calypso doesn't mean FPC has to follow suit. :D

Back