Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • WTF is Vegemite?

Votes: 79 48.2%
  • Never had it but sure it taste good!

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
i haven't tried it with vegemite, but it works great with MARMITE!
toast some bread, butter it, Marmite it, grate some hard cheese on, like cheddar, put under hot grill until cheese is melted and bubbling. Lovely.

If you really can't stand yeasty spreads, do the same thing with some hot mustard. Cheese on toast FTW!!

Stinky:yay:

Marmite is to Vegemite as nonalcoholic beer is to...well...real beer.

N00B!

I love Marmite. Like Stinky, I also love Marmite with grilled cheese on toast. I also like mix a spoon or two or Marmite through my baked beans... tis LUSH!

I had Champagne Marmite once which was equally as nice and also heard they've did a Guiness Marmite but didn't have the pleasure of trying it :(

and TWIGLETS!!! Love love LOVE!!! Now I want Marmite and I have none in *sigh*

I love Marmite. Like Stinky, I also love Marmite with grilled cheese on toast. I also like mix a spoon or two or Marmite through my baked beans... tis LUSH!

I had Champagne Marmite once which was equally as nice and also heard they've did a Guiness Marmite but didn't have the pleasure of trying it :(

and TWIGLETS!!! Love love LOVE!!! Now I want Marmite and I have none in *sigh*

OMFG! Marry me!!!!!

(lily HATES Marmite:laugh: )

Have bought some 'Gentlemans relish' (sounds soooo wrong) for breakfast, will photo it if i have time... that should piss off the vegemite brigade:D

MARMITE!:yay:

At first it tasted really weird and then I REALLY tasted it and I swear, strong cheese came to mind, so it wasn't so bad. Is this normal or did I really brainwash myself into thinking it has some sorta cheese taste to it? !

The flavour is kind of multi dimensional. It is often used as a stock in all kinds of cooking, so it's very savoury and can be likened to a concentrated flavour of a dark meat like beef. I guess it relates to how much you use, hence suggested a very light smear on your toast is the best means to habituate your taste buds.

Interesting fact is 9 out of 10 households in Australia have Vegemite in their pantry:D

Note that Kraft (an all American company bought the brand) attempted to release a new version recently called
"Vegemite Experience" which is basically, regular vegemite combined with cream cheese, its been a monumental fail:D

Cheers

The flavour is kind of multi dimensional. It is often used as a stock in all kinds of cooking, so it's very savoury and can be likened to a concentrated flavour of a dark meat like beef. I guess it relates to how much you use, hence suggested a very light smear on your toast is the best means to habituate your taste buds.

Interesting fact is 9 out of 10 households in Australia have Vegemite in their pantry:D

Note that Kraft (an all American company bought the brand) attempted to release a new version recently called
"Vegemite Experience" which is basically, regular vegemite combined with cream cheese, its been a monumental fail:D

Cheers

Maybe I put too much on? Idk, didn't seem like much to me. I put way more butter than I did the vegemite. So 9 out of 10 have vegemite in their pantry. I hope you all don't pay as much as I paid for that little jar lol! I could buy 3 jars (3x the size) of all natural peanut butter for the price of that little jar 'o vegemite!

Never heard of THAT experience...for wusses? hehehe!

Really Xaph?
Everyone house I've been to (Even roadhouse :eyecrazy:) has had vegemite. :laugh:

I sent a query to kraftfoods on how guys in the US and philippines might acquire our awesome foodage :D

and if they don't tell us.... :cussing:

hey i got a reply (stupid spam filter -.-)

Thank you for contacting Kraft Foods Australia regarding availability of our Vegemite product.

As a courtesy to our many consumers we have put together the following list of retailers that sell Vegemite. Please understand that as KRAFT has no affiliation with these retailers and therefore we have no control over product availability or price.

AUSTRALIA

Great Aussie Food http://www.greataussiefood.com.au

Homesick Online http://www.homesick.com.au/shopping/afood.asp

North America

Australian Catalogue Company www.aussiecatalog.com

Aussie Products www.aussieproducts.com

Everything Australian http://www.everythingaustralian.com/ausfood.html

Toky Store in the MBK Centre

Hong Kong

Park N' Shop stores

Wellcome Stores Online http://www.wellcomehk.com

Singapore

Cold Storage stores and online: http://www.coldstorage.com.sg/mall/

We hope this information assists you and if we can be of further help to you please do not hesitate to contact the Kraft Advisory Team via email at australia@kraftasia.com.

Yours sincerely

Sharman Chan

Kraft Foods Limited

Consumer Relations Team

No direct supply to phillipines, but if you're serious about getting some, email that address for more info if you live in asia

An still no-ones mentioned my all time fave marmite breaky-Take two hot slices of toast spread with Butter add Layer of MARMITE and complete with a covering of 2 fried eggs YUM :)

an still no-ones mentioned my all time fave marmite breaky-take two hot slices of toast spread with butter add layer of marmite and complete with a covering of 2 fried eggs yum :)

vegemite thread
not marmite​

:d

edit: crap I can't seem to put in any capitals. :s

potaito / potahto. It still tastes like poo.

vegemite thread​

not marmite

:d

edit: crap I can't seem to put in any capitals. :s

Your "I" is capital...My LOL was typed in caps and it posted in lower case. Weird.

Your "I" is capital...My LOL was typed in caps and it posted in lower case. Weird.

The forum has been jimmied to not allow all capitals in a post.

VEGEMITE
NOT
MARMITE

Happy Vegemite Day!!!
vegemite-crackers_w480.jpg

Lol happy Australia day all too:)

Happy Australia Day Aussies. :D

Vegemite on fresh white bread MMM
But try this one Vegemite, tinned beetroot, cheese and lettuce on fresh white bread...tangy, crunchy, cheesy bite, and some sweat sloppy of beetroot.
Yep a true Aussie experience :D

vegemite can suck my dick

vegemite can suck my dick

Apply poultice of the brown substance to the end and wrap with a banana skin ... may help minimally :D

rofl...ewwww!!! Just the thought...ick!

Happy Australia Day peoples!!!

oh plz people keep it (PG)

hope you all had a good Australia Day i think i did lol dont remember it but dam my head hurts like hell.......

Ah, Has anyone seen my phone???? i seem to have lost it well gave it to some random to call someone for me and i dont think they gave it back

oh plz people keep it (PG)

hope you all had a good Australia Day i think i did lol dont remember it but dam my head hurts like hell.......

Ah, Has anyone seen my phone???? i seem to have lost it well gave it to some random to call someone for me and i dont think they gave it back

Ahh... The Australia Day. :D

yeah i was wasted

yeah i was wasted

And I want some of what you were on or send me the link to the supplier of that extra special special vegemite:D

Back