Question: Why is MindArk allowing planet partners (cough NEVERDIE) to leave their planets to abandon?

The wondering missing ND appears out of nowhere soon to vanish into the abyss again. This is how it is, he comes and goes all the time. That is why RT is in such bad shape. I do not know what obstacles he has with MA atm. But I hope what he said is true this time and they work it out so they can get back to fixing RT before UE5.

Remember when he was talking how people are going to get virtual jobs in Entropia ?
I think he was ahead of his time with this thinking actually. Only problem is that MA fought every step of the way making it impossible to implement properly as "Players earning" flies in the face of MA's "Players paying" motto and business model.

Even now, play to earn is still a concept in its infancy. But ND was really on to something with the idea of building a real economy and jobs around actual mandatory activities for players such as transportation with its own system of governance. Very much part of something new we are going to see with web 3.0 where we are no longer just users and consumers but contributers to the networks and virtual economies we are part of. And not like it is now via handing over our data and content for giants to monetize on THEIR platform. You will be an equal owner in the platform/network you are part of.

I can't blame him for a lack of involvement lately. EU is a clusterfuck for devs right now. Any meaningful change is met with tons of red tape and dragged out process. And the platform itself is buggy AF and its limitations are palpable. Plus MA is constantly trying to undermine PPs. Look at this recent perfectly timed "TI mini mayhem".

Last edited:
@ Neverdie

Whats the plan for Rocktropia once Mindark release Unreal Engine ?

I think he was ahead of his time with this thinking actually. Only problem is that MA fought every step of the way making it impossible to implement properly as "Players earning" flies in the face of MA's "Players paying" motto and business model.

Even now, play to earn is still a concept in its infancy. But ND was really on to something with the idea of building a real economy and jobs around actual mandatory activities for players such as transportation with its own system of governance. Very much part of something new we are going to see with web 3.0 where we are no longer just users and consumers but contributers to the networks and virtual economies we are part of. And not like it is now via handing over our data and content for giants to monetize on THEIR platform. You will be an equal owner in the platform/network you are part of.

I can't blame him for a lack of involvement lately. EU is a clusterfuck for devs right now. Any meaningful change is met with tons of red tape and dragged out process. And the platform itself is buggy AF and its limitations are palpable. Plus MA is constantly trying to undermine PPs. Look at this recent perfectly timed "TI mini mayhem".

Now with that i agree . It's the busines model itself that needs to change been saying it many times but ... i guess here you can use the old saying you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink. It's the way games are doing it and not just MA players spend stupid money even if they cant withrdaw it afterwards in any form . So if everyone is allowed to play the game with the opertunities to invest money people will still do it because they dont wana grind for a year. Yet we have a theme park where the atractions are too expensive to ride waiting for the few guys with the big wallets while everyone else can just grind their teeth .Personally i don't believe that any game should have 400$ a month cost to just play would i spend 400$ in a game ? I would but not this way you can still buy fancy clothes land vehicles etc in a game to boast to everyone but 400$ a month for just doing mining crafting or hunting i wont. Since this topic has been discussed in lenght i know that theres some people that say i can make it work and i even make profit some of it is true some are just bragging and don't want to admit the truth. But that in this day in age discourages new people joining the game and we are not in 2007 anymore when we had thousands of people playing the game.Difference being that it's not the same game anymore and even if it was there are way more games to play than there was back then and the newer generation justs spend their money in a different way than we used to ! So Mindark needs to addapt or pull the plug which will happen eventually if things stay the same . And while newer graphics may atract some new customers ( if we ever see those )unless you figure a way to actually keep them intrested they will run away from the costs atached !

i am a huge fan of rocktropia, but i am also a realist lol.... but ill take the hook and go farm up some thing blood=)
see where this leads lol
thats the spirit! :D

thank you for your contribution dear sir ;)

Damn looks like RT funbase grew from 2 to 4 players. 😆
there is quadruple that amount of players in Wet Wolf Creek alone, nevermind the constant globals I see in Dragon Kingdom & HELL!!!.... this party's bigger than you think!

just got done yesterday with my 10k wolves, got just over 7 PED in Aim which gave me about 630 skillpoints :D!

next destination is Zomhattan... there are rumors of Zombies going absolutely nutcase over there and they won't shoot themselves!

Join in on the fun on ROCKtropia, disregard the haters. I promise you'll have a blast! ;-)

there is quadruple that amount of players in Wet Wolf Creek alone, nevermind the constant globals I see in Dragon Kingdom & HELL!!!.... this party's bigger than you think!

just got done yesterday with my 10k wolves, got just over 7 PED in Aim which gave me about 630 skillpoints :D!

next destination is Zomhattan... there are rumors of Zombies going absolutely nutcase over there and they won't shoot themselves!

Join in on the fun on ROCKtropia, disregard the haters. I promise you'll have a blast! ;-)

Dragon Kingdom23.0013.0015 988.00 PED

HELL55.009.005 491.00 PED

55 globals and 23 globals for the last week in hell and dragon kingdom (mining)

idk if i would call that a lot or constant, or am i missing something? :p

are people actually hunting in hell now? :O

am i missing something?
if you're not on ROCKtropia, you sure are missing on a lot ;-) we have events planned throughout the week, registration is free :)

are people actually hunting in hell now? :O
some...but not a lot. i mean after all it is taxed to sh*t at 5% and as much as i am trying REALLY HARD to bring some life on ROCKtropia NEVERDIE doesn't seem too keen on lowering taxes, at least for now. i have seen some big names global from creatures down in HELL, but its mostly miners

@NEVERDIE some food for thought? lower taxes? *wink wink bats eyes wink wink*

idk if i would call that a lot or constant
hey now, its a start at least! i completely, fully 100% understand the resentment of a lot of players towards RT, but while its not a lot, it IS constant, and with events planned throughout the week in Zomhattan and Camp Crunk we are hoping to see a small increase in activity

You know when people say, "go to hell". Perhaps some people take that literally and so go to hell
ah chucks.... the secret is out ;)

@thisEUplayer dont get me wrong i like your enthusiasm but if you know more about ND and how he acted in the past you would understand why many players dont like RT. For me the only good thing there is alternative ore mining and vixen gears for new players and some repeatable missions give nice rewards like Steampunk daily. Anyway hope you have a lot of fun there and good luck on your journey mate!

@thisEUplayer dont get me wrong i like your enthusiasm but if you know more about ND and how he acted in the past you would understand why many players dont like RT. For me the only good thing there is alternative ore mining and vixen gears for new players and some repeatable missions give nice rewards like Steampunk daily. Anyway hope you have a lot of fun there and good luck on your journey mate!
appreciate the good words :)

i can only speak about what ive personally experienced. i dont care about how NEVERDIE behaves, or behaved in the past. i am not him and he is not me. I am just really a fan of what he built, and for as long as I will see just the slightest bit of activity from his side, I will keep on sharing the love :)

in a universe where the average planet has about as much personality as a telephone pole, NEVERDIE built something to his image, to his personality. its wacky, its colorful, its polarizing... its alive!!! i see ROCKtropia as a very, very rough diamond. it might be all bent out of shape and lost its shine, but its foundation haven't changed.

for new players we obviously have vixen gears, but not only that! scavenger wolves have insane markup on them! (talking 260%+ on vinyls) I have farmed enough vinyls in the past 2 months that i managed to save enough for perfected ares and perfected athenic combo. can you tell me of any other planet where I can farm lv1 mobs and make good PED on them? :)

in Dragon Kingdom you will also find rare ores and enmatters in unusually large quantities VS a lot of popular caly LA's... and if you like digging for rare stuff, i highly, HIGHLY suggest slapping an amp on your finder and trying out SEVEN DUST mine in HELL!... you could be in for a pleasant surprise.

there are still countless opportunities that are left untapped here on ROCKtropia, if only you start looking for them!

see you all in-game, that infection won't cure itself!

another thing that might help is if the rocktropia website started getting some updates, even if just blogs from ND, and/or some of the hunting info the way that cyrenedreams does for cyrene. knowledge is often a precursor for engagement i find when it comes to this game. there used to be a fansite called rocktropia.rocks but it went offline. not sure if the wayback machine captured much of it.

In the Pawn shop in New Harlem you will find that the Manager is offering 150% for Warm Thing Blood which can be looted from mobs in the Non Taxed Snowy region North of Zomhattan. The tough part is that the spawn is very very minimal. So to keep busy u probably would want to drop enmatter probes to keep busy... A good Note is that most of the mobs are lvl 6 or 8 and can be hunted by an inexperienced hunter.

Its Possible you may be able to Loot Larger Quantities of Warm Thing Blood utilizing Ruxxnet Code...

I will have test this to confirm or maybe someone else can...

It's Possible if enough Warm Thing Blood is sold to the pawn shop or even the Bank on Secret Island if there is any money in there ;)
That I might be able to craft some unlimited Arctic gear that I could put up as Prizes in events. It's a Possibility, not guaranteed.. My tailoring skills are a bit rusty...

Until ROCKtropia's Pipeline is sorted this is about as as close to a new Quest Chain as we are gonna get...
tried to sell some blood to pawn shop...said not enough tt??? i have 5 .... ill try to get a few more
and try again....

tried to sell some blood to pawn shop...said not enough tt??? i have 5 .... ill try to get a few more
and try again....
Yeahhh I’ve hit the same. Had 4 bloods to give. I believe we need 100ped at once and you get 150 for it

Something does not add up with this thread after checking his entropialife profile, all the globals he has had have all been done on caly lol. I know that EL will not show globals on EL when on RT if there is not many who is running the client so that data will not be listed on the profiles. But hofs would be anyway. Can I ask have you played this game before and this is a second account you created? You seem to know the game well for someone who has not played it very long?

Also again we have every right to speak out about ND when he never shows up and he deserted the planet he created and then when he does show up he comes and says promises and says things will happen when they will not and when he was actively working on it in the years RT did do updates before 2017 even then the updates they did caused more issues and made RT a huge mess to what it is today.

I loved RT and they ruined it when ND abandoned it. So that is why there is many bitter people and why people will never trust a word out of ND's mouth.

Best advice I could give you is, stay away from RT and only go back if 1:> RT gets sold and new devs take over and updates get done and things fixed/codex added etc etc. 2:> UE5 brings RT devs back and they actually get things moving again (doubtful). 3:> MA step in and take control of RT just before UE5 launch so that they can somehow rescue RT before launch.

RT could be a good sell on epic games store because of the rock theme the planet has. Many rock fans would see that in epic games store and flock to the game, so MA might have to get RT back on track by taking over it if ND does not in time. I think MA has it in their contracts with PP's that the planet is still half owned by MA. I would need to be corrected if that is true or not? So MA taking control might not need to goto court as such but rather just a seize order from a clause in the contract if the PP owner broke the contract by not being active IE: not updating etc etc.

Something does not add up with this thread after checking his entropialife profile, all the globals he has had have all been done on caly lol.
i have landed on ROCKtropia late february and have yet to global on RT. entropialife would be correct, my globals would all been done on caly (some on Cyrene too!)
Can I ask have you played this game before and this is a second account you created? You seem to know the game well for someone who has not played it very long?
i know a lot about caly now and tons about rocktropia, other planets not so much. i have tried them all but wouldn't be able to share nearly as much regarding them as i can about ROCKtropia. i have played this game before landing on rocktropia, but this is not a second account i have created!

Also again we have every right to speak out about ND when he never shows up and he deserted the planet he created and then when he does show up he comes and says promises and says things will happen when they will not and when he was actively working on it in the years RT did do updates before 2017 even then the updates they did caused more issues and made RT a huge mess to what it is today.
of course! my "journey" on ROCKtropia actually started with me making this thread to complain about the state of the planet - talk about a change of direction! please, do continue to speak out about ND all you want. i am not affiliated with the guy, so I couldn't care less. however, i believe we can all agree that name calling and resorting to childish insults will bring us nowhere. he doesn't owe me, mindark, or the community anything. the guy put his money where his mouth was. he mortgaged his house to buy the asteroid... thats tells a lot about the risk he was willing to take for this universe. i dont care how much he failed afterwards, he had a vision and he went through with it. i have the utmost respect for that and if he decides to step away, who are we to dictate how he should treat ROCKtropia afterwards, it is none of our business.
Best advice I could give you is, stay away from RT and only go back if 1:> RT gets sold and new devs take over and updates get done and things fixed/codex added etc etc. 2:> UE5 brings RT devs back and they actually get things moving again (doubtful). 3:> MA step in and take control of RT just before UE5 launch so that they can somehow rescue RT before launch.
duly noted. however, the best advice i could give you is just, give us a shot. we are not perfect, hell far from it. but we are trying to improve. it will take time, it might not be perfect, but i promise you i'm trying to create something players will want to be a part of. you can join, or you can keep on dismissing it as if it was nothing.

i chose my side :) if neverdie joins, cool. if he doesn't, that's cool too. he did his time, let the guy rest a bit ;-)

duly noted. however, the best advice i could give you is just, give us a shot. we are not perfect, hell far from it. but we are trying to improve. it will take time, it might not be perfect, but i promise you i'm trying to create something players will want to be a part of. you can join, or you can keep on dismissing it as if it was nothing.
Bits in bold - this is where you are alienating me and others when you use words like "We" I mean when you use such wordings you make people think things and speculate as to your reasons and motives.

I am not stopping people from visiting RT. If people want to visit them feel free but you will not be on the planet long because it is very empty most of the time and with broken missions and no codex it is not a great tourist attraction until those things get addressed. ND kept stating Codex is coming Codex is coming, but years later people are still wondering "when" So listen I know your new and your enthusiastic but honestly I think you should visit NI that planet is more active and also recently Arkadia devs got back to updating their planet as well. Toulan is small planet loads to do the first few weeks but then once you done everything you can it is kinda boring there after that. I love Toulan it is my fav planet. Lack of mob variety and fact the planet is tiny made me decide to part ways with that planet until they increase the planet size and add more mob variety and more missions etc.

But soon you will start to realise this thread will probably not garner you to get any extra people maybe only a handful perhaps but they will only be flying visits. That is all RT gets nowadays flying visits to goto hell to mine or do some kongs or kill some zombies etc. Yes the attraction to that planet could have been so much better if ND stuck around. But alas he did not, it is very sad really, also to touch on the fact you knew about his asteroid purchase many years ago I take it you googled about ND and you found that info out? at the end of the day not just ND but many others have invested huge sums in this game as well they just invested it in different ways and not the way ND invested it. ND just had other motives and ideas some that came to tuition and some that never saw the light of day (Planet Michael) for example. Super glad that never happened. ND has constantly came up with so many things and about 75% of them never happened.

I wish you good luck my friend but I have said all I want to say now.

and try again....
Im not sure what the minimum amount for a loan is, but I just checked the Pawn Shop and Someone had a Nice collection of Warm Thing Blood that they dropped in there. So it looks like an unl Parka might be showing up as event Prize in the next couple of months

I decided to go to the dungeon Crib Raid. I bought a key [Lockpick Kit I]. I reached the end of the dungeon and a window with statistics appeared. I was thrown out of the dungeon and ... absolutely no reward. Where did I go wrong, or did someone else go wrong?

I decided to go to the dungeon Crib Raid. I bought a key [Lockpick Kit I]. I reached the end of the dungeon and a window with statistics appeared. I was thrown out of the dungeon and ... absolutely no reward. Where did I go wrong, or did someone else go wrong?
Like it was mentioned before RT missions are full of bugs for a long time. But i can see that priority for ND is to give you guys unl parka in few months 😆

lots to unpack here, ill do my best:
Bits in bold - this is where you are alienating me and others when you use words like "We" I mean when you use such wordings you make people think things and speculate as to your reasons and motives.
i use "we" because "we" the players have far more power together than ND does by himself.

ND went out of his way to make sure I understood that he was not actively managing the planet
ND told everyone that no meaningful development would happen on RT other than maybe a few events here and there
ND said other than maybe a UL arctic parka set as event prize there really wasn't much he was going to do

and that is perfectly fine !

"we" run events, "we" own and run shops, "we" hunt, mine and craft on the planet, "we" are having one HELL!!! of a party on RT. WE are trying to make this a fun place where you actually want to hang out for a while, if even just a few days.

but you will not be on the planet long because it is very empty most of the time and with broken missions and no codex it is not a great tourist attraction until those things get addressed
Third week in and not planning to leave anytime soon, other than to do some shopping here and there, but I appreciate the concern!

Regarding the broken mission, I know about the "Diesel in Distress" one that cannot be started, but other than that I have been able to take and complete all other missions I have taken. Some dialogs are off or appear out of thin air and some quirks need to be ironed out but additional details would help me out tremendously to try and get things moving again. we might not have codex for ROCKtropia mobs, but we have repeatable missions for a lot of ROCKtropia-specific mobs which give great rewards, and you can hunt any shared mob with Calypso and simply redeem your codex rewards while on ROCKtropia.

You have to realize implementing Codex on ROCKtropia means a whole revamp of most missions. I am not sure MindArk would be too keen about allowing ROCKtropia to offer both repeatable mission AND codex for the same mob and it is one of the many reasons why we cannot "just" have the Codex on RT, it involves a lot of balancing which MindArk is not willing to do because there is not enough demand for it. If only we could get more players involved with ROCKtropia, I am sure MindArk would be more willing to lend us an ear and listen to what we would like for our planet.

So listen I know your new and your enthusiastic but honestly I think you should visit NI that planet is more active and also recently Arkadia devs got back to updating their planet as well. Toulan is small planet loads to do the first few weeks but then once you done everything you can it is kinda boring there after that. I love Toulan it is my fav planet. Lack of mob variety and fact the planet is tiny made me decide to part ways with that planet until they increase the planet size and add more mob variety and more missions etc.
I did visit Next Island, and you are right it is a great place! Great, active community I am happy they are doing well for themselves! Same for Arkadia, heard it got some development done after years of inactivity and that is music to my ears! I have not played much of Toulan because the overall theme just wasn't for me, but I'm glad it is getting some love from players!

The Universe is big enough, I am not dismissing other planets nor trying to undermine them in any way, shape or form. There is a planet for everyone in the Entropia Universe and if ROCKtropia is not the one for you, please go out there and visit them all so you can find a place where you really enjoy yourself.

It is not a contest of popularity between planets. ROCKtropia has everything to win from the success of other Planet Partners, and vice versa.

you will start to realise this thread will probably not garner you to get any extra people maybe only a handful perhaps but they will only be flying visits.
this thread was a complaint to MindArk about the state of ROCKtropia in the first place. this thread is not and was never meant to become a place to attract more players to ROCKtropia, so you are probably 100% right! It will not get us any extra people. It does however tell me that players care. I can feel the frustration from many of you who have been burned in the past. I hear it loud and clear. I do not wish to repeat that. We are not making any promise. But the simple fact that players are engaging in the conversation, telling about their experiences, telling about how they wish ROCKtropia was more developped...thats exactly what we need more of ;-)

Yes the attraction to that planet could have been so much better if ND stuck around. But alas he did not, it is very sad really, also to touch on the fact you knew about his asteroid purchase many years ago I take it you googled about ND and you found that info out? at the end of the day not just ND but many others have invested huge sums in this game as well they just invested it in different ways and not the way ND invested it. ND just had other motives and ideas some that came to tuition and some that never saw the light of day (Planet Michael) for example. Super glad that never happened. ND has constantly came up with so many things and about 75% of them never happened.
agreed, i too wish he stayed. but he didnt. so what!? :D his name might be everywhere on the planet, but its not like we NEED him to do our own stuff. all you got to do to create an event is to walk to a land area marker, click it and plan away. no special skills required!

ND always has been a dreamer. People fail, then get back up.

ROCKtropia did not fail. ROCKtropia is still online, is still getting some love (and hate!) from the EU community. ROCKtropia introduced so many cutting-edge features that are firsts in this Universe, its very easy to remember everything that went wrong, it takes more effort to remember everything that went well.

I wish you good luck my friend but I have said all I want to say now.
Thank you for the good luck wishes, and thank you for the comments. all i hope for is that one day, if you ever happen to fly by during an event, just come and say hi. we dont bite :) (although Vampires and Zombies do.... and werewolves.... oh and Vixens... aww sh*t yeah I now realize we have an issue! ;D

this SUCKS! no excuse. @Ludvig|MindArk @NEVERDIE any chance you could have a look at the underlying issue? its a shot in the dark, but if you haven't already please send a support ticket... the more details you give the merrier, without it its going to be hard to attract MindArk's eyes on the problem...

But i can see that priority for ND is to give you guys unl parka in few months
Priority for ND is to address ROCKtropia pipeline issues with MindArk. He stated multiple times that until that was done nothing would or could happen other than maybe a few events here and there. one player asked if UL arctic parkas would be available again, to which @NEVERDIE offered us to farm warm thing bloods and he would try and craft a few sets as event prizes. Again, no promise. But its also him just being kind and doing it for the sake of doing it with no "hidden agenda" behind it. I personally appreciate it and it is going to be pretty much my only chance at that gear ever, worth a shot, the event is free... i don't see what there is to complain about on this one i'm sorry :p damned if he does, damned if he doesn't isn't it? ;-)

I conscientiously killed all the hooligans and undead. It's demotivating . I want at least some kind of reward
you absolutely should get the reward you deserve. might be a dumb question but, you did click the loot chest at the end....right? :D

phew, sorry for the long post. hope to see more and more of that player interest, keep them comments / questions coming! See you all on ROCKtropia, I hope ;-)

yeah so, knowing that RT has these weird bugs, for stuff i know can be used for missions i generally stockpile the stuff for a future date when it can be safely and reliably used, since A) there's a lot of stuff I still don't know about the planet and as a result B) I have no clue what works and what doesn't, and am not inclined to guinea pig myself either. the icon/texture issues are not gamebreaking. but loot and mission progression are too important to get wrong

so i hold onto bushweeds and components for lockpicks and slimjims, etc

i get plenty of globals on RT if i hunt big enough to trigger them. RT is overall a very economical planet to hunt and as a result you don't always cross over the minimum global threshold for swirls. earlier this week in one of theEUplayer's events i globaled twice in the space of about 10 minutes on zombies, but to reliably trigger them i was hunting lvl8-15's

the trick with getting someone who can work on a PP's assets like RT is that AFAIK planet employees are forbidden from actually playing the game on their avatar. so while you might have passionate and skilled players who would like to help out, MA won't let them.

you absolutely should get the reward you deserve. might be a dumb question but, you did click the loot chest at the end....right? :D
I didn’t have time to get to the safe; after killing the last mob , a window with statistics appeared and I found myself outside the door.
This is my first time visiting this dungeon. I wrote a letter to support, but it’s possible that what happened was my fault. While I was looking around, 30 seconds could have passed. And all my profane vocabulary was in vain beating into the silent, unfortunate monitor.
Let's see what support says. If it’s my fault, well, it will be a shame, but in fairness it will be my personal mistake and not the developers of the planet.

Back