Wierd computer lagg.

aridash said:
E-lite while i'd reiterate that no page file with less than 1GB isnt clever, I do find your warning a bit extreme as you can not "damage" your system by have no swap file.

im running 2K and there is not a "no page file option". though im glad to see it, as the whole concept of a page file is something that is redundant today. I have mine set to 0, have no page.sys file and no problems.

You can indeed make your system unable to start at all. Try set "no page file" on a system with 128 MB ram, restart and tell me what happens. Do it start normaly? :D Well, I'll spoil this one for you before you try it, no, it wont start normaly.

lol you 2 =P
Myself I think ill belive in E-lite ;) dont wanna ruin my brand new comp thats fur sure :p

Well since I didnt exactly understand how to do some of the things that you wrote E-lite... Ive done this so far;
Installed the newest Nvidia drivers :D Gratz to me for such a succes...
It helped, some, but im still getting that wierd lagg some times..
now next step, I have appearently installed all those stupid windows updates there has ever been so far... except the 2 latest.

So now my question is; what uppdates should I keep (by names) and which should I un-install?
My neightbour said that the latest update is more or less neccesary or you will get a virus, but since there are 2 latest updates on my list im not sure which one I should install.. both?

so please, could you or someone else write down what up-dates are neccesary for my computer to work and ill un-install the rest?

thank you
/Cw

there are also problems with PE itself. what I encountered lately:

- loot lag: up to 30 seconds distance between loot action and whatever outcome. everything else running smoothly, just the loot, so not my comp

- crafting/mining lag: "action could not be executed, please try again". crafters see that often, but was a new one to mee to see it while extracting ores

and something i need to figure out if is my comp, my connection or santa clause: whenever a green dot is right on entering in my radar, i have say 0.5 sec or less of freezing. so PA is a nightmare for me :) sometimes, tho, is ok, so shouldn't be my comp.

anywayz, great advices e-lite, ty alot.

So.. no one that can tell me what updates that I should keep?

Last edited:
Cindywood said:
So.. no one that can tell me what updates that I should keep?

*BUMP* I guess.. really important info for me... someone gotta know im sure about that ^^

It runs very laggy on one of my PC's(64mb Geforce4+512mb DDR ram) but i experience no lag whatsoever on my new pc(ATI X850XT 256mb+1.5gb DDR ram). Also noticed that after you reboot lag is not so bad but if you TP around a few times(populated areas) lag becomes unbearable, speaks of memory leaks in PE

Pesok - I guess PE is laggy for allmost everybody ;) . Though like I said, this isnt normal "lagg" its something diffrent..

still no one that can just write me a short list what windows updates I should have? I offer 500 EFD for it and + rep :rolleyes:

i've gotten weird lag issues ever since i started using my router.... the game would freeze for like 5 seconds every 30 seconds or so.... moreso when in towns but also in the middle of nowhere........ could there be some needed port blocked...... i never had the issue w/o the router (which btw i need to keep hooked up)

23337 said:
i've gotten weird lag issues ever since i started using my router.... the game would freeze for like 5 seconds every 30 seconds or so.... moreso when in towns but also in the middle of nowhere........ could there be some needed port blocked...... i never had the issue w/o the router (which btw i need to keep hooked up)

If your router is somewhat "modern" it doesnt need any ports to be "opened" nor forwarded. The problem might be CPU load in the router though. Most small and cheap home user routers have small 33mhz motorola CPU's or even worse 16mhz motorola. They usualy handle packet inspection poorly since it loads the CPU alot.

e-lite said:
If your router is somewhat "modern" it doesnt need any ports to be "opened" nor forwarded. The problem might be CPU load in the router though. Most small and cheap home user routers have small 33mhz motorola CPU's or even worse 16mhz motorola. They usualy handle packet inspection poorly since it loads the CPU alot.
i have a linksys wireless g router.... any ideas?

EDIT: i'm not using the wireless feature, my roomate is.... my connection is through a wire

23337 said:
i have a linksys wireless g router.... any ideas?

EDIT: i'm not using the wireless feature, my roomate is.... my connection is through a wire

Try removing the router temporarily and see if this fixes your problem (e.g. connect your PC directly to the net). We have one of those as well (one hub down from my PC however, so I'm not on it myself), and it's always giving some kind of problems.

*bump*

I still have the same problem :(

The last few days I to have had wierd lag.. ie. taken hits after I killed a mob.. even after looting it a few times.. loads of miss-faps.. mob healthbar jumping..
been killed and then a heal came along and made my corpse stand up with 42 hps but still dead as a doornail..

It seems worse around Zeus,Enchidna and South Hades for some reason..

And I havent made any changes to my system in atleast 3 weeks..

About the wierd lag..

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

*bump*

still getting the same problem a few times/day

currently offering all my EFD and 1 + rep to the one who manages to help me.

*BUMP*

Please? is E-lite the ONLY one on this forum who knows something about computers or are u all to lazy to help lil me?

*bump* still same offer but now with more EFD as you much see*

*bump*

please help a lil noob ;(

*bumpis*

its getting alot worse...

e-lite said:
Video card memory is kinnda irrelevant, since it shares your system RAM anyway. The amount of system RAM you have is more important. But first make sure to try the things in my previous post.

Wow, gotta love ppl who talk like they know technology.

Video card memory is important, and your system does not share it with your system RAM (old old cards do, but nothing DirectX 7 or higher does).

The problem is MA/PE. The game is being hosted on hardware that cannot handle the strain of the current userbase.

Too bad you didnt try this 'game' a couple years ago, it was much better back then.

Grykk said:

Video card memory is important, and your system does not share it with your system RAM (old old cards do, but nothing DirectX 7 or higher does).

The problem is MA/PE. The game is being hosted on hardware that cannot handle the strain of the current userbase.

Too bad you didnt try this 'game' a couple years ago, it was much better back then.

Its not really MAs problem. I have 2 computers and on the OLD one I never get this problem, sure I have more lagg on it... but never the 1-2sec lagg..

I did, Ive been playing it for allmost 2 years now, and imho it was ALOT worse back then... ctds several times every hour... maybe getting 1 per week now ^^

that has happens to me onmy old computer but my new one seems to do alright with it

Grykk said:

Too bad the trend on using system memory is coming back lately, new Turbo devices suck up ALOT. cheap shit is worthless shit. If i can put it that way

As I said before it IS a MA problem... try whatever you like it just wont work :rolleyes:
problem: hardware, too bad you cant monitor SFPS from the MA servers, I bet it's WAY too low

Wait for an engine update, then it will be fine (probably, I hope)

*bump*

I have noticed something... it seams that, everytime that this happends my comp is 43c hot at the moment.... the problem doesnt happend every time its on 43c though. will try to buy me a new fan..

If it's a memory issue, you might try using a memory recovery program (eg., MemTurbo). Set it to recover automatically between 30 or 60 minutes, with a low target. It clears up whatever isn't being used fast, and helps with your performance.

Manic said:
If it's a memory issue, you might try using a memory recovery program (eg., MemTurbo). Set it to recover automatically between 30 or 60 minutes, with a low target. It clears up whatever isn't being used fast, and helps with your performance.

Thanks for the tip.... however I have no idea how to do that and I dont want to mess upp my comp more ;-/

Back