Will you buy anything for your Estate?

Will you buy anything from the Estate Development list?

• Yes, 1 item

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Yes, 2 items

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Yes, 3 or more items

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 95 43.6%
  • No, I don't own any estate, shop or apartment

Votes: 100 45.9%

• Total voters
i dont got a estate anymore , and even if i would ... its to much i think :rolleyes:

ridicules prices. MA is trying to scam us for real.

+20 item points – 2,000 PED
Live streaming with music of your choice – 25,000 PED

;)

pricey ?

Don't have an estate :p

I think the Apartment upgrades are too expensive for me. The LA upgrades look nice - but also very expensive. I wonder if for 125k ped you can buy a TP to CP?

Streaming music would be good....too expensive tho and i really don't spend enough time in my apt for it.
I think land owners should tho, so when I hunt I have something to listen to.

Wel I think Marco and his staff have recently smoke too much dopes.. they think money grows from our backs...

I just sold my Estate, so I dont need to be bothered with upgrade this and downgrade that...

I just hope they dont ask money for optimisering our viewer units..
oh shit ! maybe Marco read this and he think " woho! cash cash ! "

You should had included a "do not own estate but would buy some stuff if I did" option ;)

You should had included a "do not own estate but would buy some stuff if I did" option ;)

I was thinking about it.. But decided.. Nah, this poll is not for dreamers. :)

Voted No:

A cut and paste from the News thread about this and what I said there:

When U read the title of the new feature released I thought WOW, finally we will get something for our estates, something that would boost RCE, something everyone wanted and was crafted or looted. Something we could sell each other with markup. Then when I read the content I just laughed, there was nothing I as an estate owner needed. 2K for 20 new item points? OK my main estate was allways full, but do I gonna pay to make it bigger? Nope! Then streaming music in my estate? Why and from where, I don't own any music I have the rights to distribute, who shall pay the artists for the music? Maybe I should start making music by my own? BTW, I allways play with sound of. Why isn't the live streaming thing implemented as an personal terminal? Hey we could craft music boxes and sell to each other and get a boost to the RCE.
OK a TP and some terminals in an LA would increase the value and usability, so that's OK.
Tailor made signs for shops!?? What's wrong with the ones they allready have?
Since this updates is part of an upcoming VU it's there to stay. Fine with LA's but I wouldn't buy an estate with a soundbox inside for an extra cost. And if I sell my shop(I don't have one) would the buyer like the sign I put up in front of my shop, a sign that's not changeable and probably will cost to remove. I would not dare to put a sign on my shop if I had selling sometime in the future on my mind.

Give us stuff to put in estates, let us texturise the walls, floor and ceiling. Good intentions by FPC but sorry, there's nothing for me to spend money on. I rather buy me a new estate than paying for 20 extra itempoints.

i depo real money ,
i buy a flat or a house with real money

now just sell me a 2 ped radio too ;)

not 25000 peds

2k is a good price for +20 items for shops..

Price a shopkeeper that will minus you what 5 points from your shop to add 15 over all. It will cost you more than 2k for the shopkeeper now days(oops did I just devalue something). :ahh:

Sorry but they seem to have lost the plot now....wtf are they doing??

+20 item points – 2,000 PED
2k for 20 items ain't bad considering that the only other way to get at least 20 more item slots is to buy 2 shopkeepers, each with a currently market value of 3k or so... You'd have to buy 2 for a shop since 1 will give you 20 but it eats 6 for a net gain of only 14. 2 would be 28 slots at 6k.. so 2k for 20 slots isn't bad... severely overpriced for apartments, but for shops, it's not half bad.

If I am going to get anything the extra slots in my shop would be about it. Everything else is too ungodly expensive.

Oki the appartm prices is just BULLSHIT.

But for shop and Landowners there are some good options but still alot is to expensive.

+20 items for shop for 2k peds is decent... but for appartm.. wtf?! Better to just go and buy 2-3 new appartments :p

I might consider to put a basic TP on my Land Area with a custom name. (Don't see the added value of a 'fancy' TP.)

It will probably never pay itself back but since the LA is quite far from a TP I'll consider it as a service to the loyal hunters/miners on the Estophyls. ;)

With a TP I don't have to take care for any extra terminals IMO, since ppl can just TP to a location with terminals close and then TP back to continue hunting. :handgun:

I might consider to put a basic TP on my Land Area with a custom name. (Don't see the added value of a 'fancy' TP.)

It will probably never pay itself back but since the LA is quite far from a TP I'll consider it as a service to the loyal hunters/miners on the Estophyls. ;)

With a TP I don't have to take care for any extra terminals IMO, since ppl can just TP to a location with terminals close and then TP back to continue hunting. :handgun:

Or they just use ur tp too get faster other LA near u ;)

+20 items in my apartment: 2k PED
New apartment with 80 items: c. 500 PED

The only estate I own is one apartment, so no :)

It's much more useful for shop and LA owners I would say.

Your LA was one of the ones I thought of earlier when I was considering which LAs might benefit the most from some additions.

The prices for the apt upgrades are ridiculous, but the options for other estates don't seem so bad (hard for me to really judge though since I don't own anything like that).

I only own one apt. It's expensive to fully decorate it already with items that do NOTHING but hold tt value (perhaps that is a function in itself but...). I would welcome improvements to the estate system that would bring more functionality to an apt, but 25000 peds to stream to my apt is insane. Something with a more realistic price and more relevant function would be preferred.

I don't have any good ideas about what those other options would possibly be though. :silly:

I think the pricing is a "throwing the line out there" approach to test the waters.

I believe a lot of the pricing is "out of context" as it should be at fractional % price-points on the base product median market value, not the same or more.

Usually these things are done to first gain feedback from and to ensure there is not a rush on to take up the offer in the case of errors.

I could not imagine most of the estate enhancements selling for more than a 1/3rd of what the estate is worth as a market value median.

It would not be considered sensible to push the requested pricing imho over that price-point;

1/2 the value of the base estate market median value for special enhancements (like a toaster that will toast bread, spread the jam on it and serve it to you) would be pushing the boundaries of sensible when in most cases the enhancements equate to additional ongoing future revenue for FPC as well:

• Additional products produced to be put on display,
  • Additional foot traffic to hunting spots that people are more likely to set up camp at if a TP is present and hunt more often with less distraction.
  • Additional static TT stored in participant apartments increasing FPCs' short-term investment portfolio base capital.
  • etc

In some cases however such as live music streaming and the mandatory licensing which must be done for it, even in virtual worlds such as Entropia, the costs are due to be a little more expensive to cover this music licensing cost.

Here are the costs as an example associated for music licensing in the real world under the Australian government through APRA:

http://www.apra-amcos.com.au/downloads/file/Music Consumers/B_BackgroundMusic_InformationSheet.pdf

^^ Ofc the pricing is slightly different for the virtual world.
I believe it would be similar to Tier-1-150M @ 66 aussie dollars annually

It is all good and fine to offer these enhancements but FPC must be able to sell them as well for the interest of both themselves and for those wishing to use them.

Overpricing does little to add value to the overall environment.

Give it time folks, I am sure FPC will refine their pricing model accordingly.
This is their first attempt at such an offer.

Last edited:
NO deal for my part, but I guess the streaming option is probably aimed
for users that has interest in commercial business, and not for the
Average Joe. :)

True, but I don't have problems with that.

hey you could maybe talk to your neighbours LA and get them to chip in a little bit even if they all gave you say 5%-10% of the cost would help all of there LA's values too.

No ...th prices take the pish, good luck FPC/MA whatever! pffft

Jamhot

I like the developments but I hate the prices.

This is the 1st time I feel direct greed from FPC, it is usually market driven, they should place those developments in auction and see how much people are really willing to pay, at least until a market driven price is set, not give me all your peds and double what you paid for your estate and you get a feature A and B.

Also the timing, with new planets coming anytime now, who knows if price of one or two features will buy you a nice LA there!

Well, with the prices being what they are for items in this game and some of the MU I see on a daily basis for basic stuff, I can't say I'm surprised about these numbers. People are paying obscene amounts of money for weapons, armor, clothes, furniture, other items, hell a virtual Christmas Tree costs more than the real thing, so do jeans, shoes, hats, I could go on and on. Why are people surprised?

I was going to ask if anybody thought the item slots would be worth it for an apartment above and beyond the ability to have some extra crap in there but I've gotten my answer. I was thinking these prices were pretty out of whack myself but didn't really know since ALL prices in EU are out of whack. :scratch2:

pay for what?

yea this prices are insane...
maybe 1-2 players can or will actually buy.....
Do I wanna pay a crap load of money so you can use the auction at my estate..... ummm let me think about that. How many Neverdies do you think we have in this game?
I'm gonna apply for a loan at my bank and tell them I need 10k for a teleporter.... i wonder what they will think

this is pretty funny. AWESOME that you can add those things... but insane to price it like that. I don't even have an estate... woooweeee

The features are nice but for the prices they put on them not a chance in hell I'll be getting any. Now if the prices get knocked down to a reasonable level then I might consider getting some .

Back