FYI: WoF 2011 Schedule & Poll... Vote Now!

Tell me what you agree with and what you don't.... multiple answers encouraged.

• 2010 was the best WoF yet, more of the same please.

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • I want Proteron involved next year.

• I want less travelling in the Semi's.

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • I want Rocktropia in the Semi's.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • I want more ways to score.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • I like the Qualifier set-up of 'Mob Round, Robot Round' used in 2010.

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • TI/Deathifier for Stage 4 every year!

• I want a dedicated WoF website to be set-up, and in-game ads.

Votes: 51 34.2%
  • I'd like the Rules made clearer.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I think there should be a permanent trophy in-game with the Winning Teams on it.

Votes: 72 48.3%
  • I'd like PvP mobs back on the lists.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • The occasional FPC adjusted spawn (Bug Swarm, Sabakuma Creepers etc) is ok.

Votes: 72 48.3%
  • I miss the event Robots (Big Bulk, Warlocks, Defenders etc).

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Semi Final on May 7th please.

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Semi Final on May 14th please.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Semi Final on May 21st please.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • Final on June 4th please.

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • Final on June 11th please.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • I have issues that unless changed will stop me attending (Please post to elaborate)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • I wish someone would tell me wtf this is about.....

Votes: 36 24.2%

• Total voters
I'd love to see PvP mobs this year, and less reliance on expensive TP trips (mobs on CND/CP/planet) for the same round. Also, no rocktropia mobs, as I won't go there.

For FPC/MA help, only if they give a guarantee that they'll actually get shit done on time, with mob spawns added at least one day before the first match. New maturities will always be welcome.

As for the timing, I luckily have weekends off this year, so I'll be able to participate whenever.

And most of all, Go team CANADA!

WoF caps (or other item of apearal) for every participating member. As a gift for their effort and money spend in the game.
Would be even better if every team has their unique cap (or jacket or I don't know what) wich the team captain can dessign.
Totally awsome would be if we get the caps at the verry first day of the event :D
Some ideas:
:bandit:: Team Mexico
:cowboy:: Team USA
:dunce:: Team DACH
:tiphat:: Team Italy
And ofcourse:
:king:: Team BeNeLux

@Sway: Nice idea.

I would even pay for such a cap.
They could sell it during the WoF time at the TT.

@Sway: Nice idea.

I would even pay for such a cap.
They could sell it during the WoF time at the TT.

Yihaaa...supporters clans (the real life cap should be accompanied by a virtual counterpart, so you can be supporter in game too)
Can't wait for the first hooligans to turn up. PvP anyone? lol :lolup:

hey there.

Does anyone know if there is a thread or place where u can sign in a team?
I Heard Team Benelux is recruiting for their team for wof 2011, but i couldnt find any other team posts around and i was wondering if there will be a team Denmark this time?

regards :cool:

hey there.

Does anyone know if there is a thread or place where u can sign in a team?
I Heard Team Benelux is recruiting for their team for wof 2011, but i couldnt find any other team posts around and i was wondering if there will be a team Denmark this time?

regards :cool:

Keep an Eye for Denmark on this thread ;)
(Seems they haven't started to recruit yet)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?170419-WoF-2010-Team-Denmark/page4

And if u wanna join us (and u will ;)) this is the place to be :yay:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?202155-WoF-2011-Team-BeNeLux/page2

I started a poll in the german forum going for 30 days, where we will decide whether we change our team name or not. As you might imagine our team will stay the same, its just a naming thingy for us.

(But i respect the opinion that people want to find a flag when they google our teamname. So i brought this up and started a discussion. Whatever we decide for, even if we decide for DACH again, our decision will be final. Please respect this.)

EDIT: Has anyone ever really tried to google DACH + Flag or DACH + Flagge? You gonna be surprised what a beautiful flag we have! A bit chaotic but i like it that way... Its official TEAM DACH got a flag now! Just try and google DACH + FLAG or click the next link:
http://ksh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:D-A-CH_Flag.svg

theres even a detailed explanation on wikipedia you can find here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_language_in_Europe

I find that flag discussion is slowly bending for the soap now!

@sway

hehe sway we will see soon enough who deserves the dunce hat and who the crown. If we beat you we gonna propose MA to invent a nice orange dunce hat for everyone given out annually at every Dutch Dunce Hat Day! The OJs will freak out in joy!:yup:

Last edited:
I used to be a very dedicaded fan of WoF, I took part of all previous' ones since the beginning, I was Captain last year.

BUT...

Since you allow multiple nation team (DATCH is the most known example, just an example nothing personnal) I think you kill the WoF spirit. Now it is just how to put ubber together, not try to fight for glory of a nation

I talked to Hurri last year about this issue and his argument was to have enougth team. But I think this a bad strategic move on the long term as this is just a way to say to little nation (team) that they are no more way for them to get a place in this event

I voted wtf. I've been playing less than a year so I dont have the background to really understand how this super event works. Main teams vs support teams etc. Also dont know if there is any place in it for newer players or if it is yet another event where only high level players should even bother to get involved.

Be really nice if there was a sticky in this folder explaining the basics of WoF maybe a Q & A format.

RJ announced to me lately to start over a new WoF 2011 thread as soon as Hanne gives her okay. So Hanne ...?
That would be the day all team threads can start at FPCF.

Regarding to DACH, BENELUX and such. It is an old discussion. I am not happy with it too. But it fits to the rules from last year and should fit again as long as no new rules are stated. Can you live with it?

Thought I'd step in and clear up the odd query....

The WoF promotion is starting late this time around. Expect something vaguely sensational before Xmas, and team threads growing, ready for the New Year (They are up as of now, thanks Hanne;)). WoF 2011 is hopefully kicking off late February/early March and ending in June.

The WoF itself will be shorter, but with the same number of matches (taking out some of the 'weekends off' so teams should be ready to be flexible with playing times).

There will be a better, more definitive version of the Rules, and yes, an FAQ would be good, I shall get it sorted.

What does and doesn't constitute a Nation or Country (i.e. eligible team) will be detailed within these Rules, hopefully to settle that issue forever.

Also planned is a Video competition for the new WoF anthem, which should also be assaulting your ears by Xmas:)

Best thing any participants can do is revive last year's threads (or start new ones) and
build your teams.

Thanks for all the interest.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
RJ announced to me lately to start over a new WoF 2011 thread as soon as Hanne gives her okay. So Hanne ...?
That would be the day all team threads can start at FPCF.

Regarding to DACH, BENELUX and such. It is an old discussion. I am not happy with it too. But it fits to the rules from last year and should fit again as long as no new rules are stated. Can you live with it?

Perhaps what RJ meant was that I was going to make a new WoF 2011 forum. That forum is up since a couple of days ago:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?242-WoF-2011

So go ahead. :) Hurrikane is also a moderator on WoF 2011 forum as well.

Hi all
Best wof for me was WOF2010 , the first and only one I have participated..
and for me the last one to
unless things change:scratch2:
allowing various nations to play as one team I disagree , not fair and kills the wof spirit !

but thats me , nothing personal agains those teams since they are allowed I respect it :wise:

So if my nation sets up a wof team this year , I am out , cant play in a competition I dont agree:mad:

It was great serving portugal and fight under our country flag :wtg:

Back