WoF Opalo Hunt 4 HoF II

Twas totally nutty fun :yay: :yay:

Thank you to all for the fabby time :wtg:

Special thanks to those who had the hard job of making it work :wtg:

93 ppl in one hunt...
Dang

it was extremely nice to see so many spiders getting slaughtered along with many courageous citizens,but i think next time it would suit us better to hunt something larger so that we don't lose so much shooting in eachothers back.because of this i also recommend that we don't go to pvp. maybe ambus or allos would be good.i also think that a bit more organisation would do us good. by this i mean we should split in smaller groups like 30-40 ppl at once and kill a mob,not all 93

Anyway,i had a great time and for this i thank WOF England and i think this should be turned into a weekly event,especially after the introduction of CE 2

Special Thanks to the organizers ! It was a blast... I haven't had so much fun in a team hunt from ages... and what a team LOL 93 you say?! :) :lolup::lolup::wtg:

It was great and even if you make it every week... me and my soc mates will prolly not miss a single one if all able to be online :yay:

I also agree for a bigger (especially by size) mob so we dont loose shells in each others backs lol but anyway... the fun is what matters and I agree this was 100% achieved :D
Thanks Nadie for team leading us ;) and Ace for inviting me... and all who helped for this event ... at last but of course not the least... the worm whole makers, U rock ;) :yay:

cya on the battle fields :lolup::lolup::lolup:
...and May the HoF be with You !

May I suggest (BIG?) Ambu next time??

This was big fun. Seems I missed some of the globals. Actually at some point I saw someone saying gz but i had not seen a spider global (or maybe just overlooked it).

I looted two spiders, gave the loot to Oni. I think I made pictures if someone needs to know (actually I only gave the non MWC loot to Oni, the med cells got burned, sorry about that).

Some suggestion for the next time:

maybe a little bit less people (and don't stand so close to the mob).
Or take a big mob that is bigger than the people, i had troubles aiming at the mob sometimes.

team leaders should take pics of loot messages of others as they appear in the chat window

keep your distance from the mob you are shooting at.

One designated tagger

Start at the revive instead of at the LA border. In the end everyone will be at the revive anyway

move away from the turret. Best thing is probably to keep the revive inbetween the mob and turret (to reduce/avoid that the mob is turretted).

Anyway thanks again for the fun. Jimmy, I'll contact you when I see you online for my part of the loot. Actually I expected to get not more than 2-3 ped from this.

Dutchiel

Was alot of fun :)

I agree a big mob would be good for next time. Something like Falx that stands tall, regen not too high and agro isnt wild either..... yet they can spit out some massive loots at times.

Thanks to the team leaders for sorting out 90+ people :laugh:

Some suggestion for the next time:

maybe a little bit less people (and don't stand so close to the mob).
Or take a big mob that is bigger than the people, i had troubles aiming at the mob sometimes.

team leaders should take pics of loot messages of others as they appear in the chat window

keep your distance from the mob you are shooting at.

One designated tagger

Start at the revive instead of at the LA border. In the end everyone will be at the revive anyway

move away from the turret. Best thing is probably to keep the revive inbetween the mob and turret (to reduce/avoid that the mob is turretted).

Anyway thanks again for the fun. Jimmy, I'll contact you when I see you online for my part of the loot. Actually I expected to get not more than 2-3 ped from this.

Dutchiel

Mob WAS too small (and other people dragged some onto us), but mainly people couldn't wait to get stuck in and rushed off so we had no real direction.

We were going to all die and start at revive...see above for why that didn't happen :lolup:

We DID screenshot loot, but there isn't much point in arranging a thing like this if people try to cheat ...people are generally honest thankfully though.
This is the reason that team leaders need to be known to be straight guys, and it's best to allow them to loot mobs if possible too.

Tagger we probably won't need with a bigger mob, the spiders were all aggro, and too many at once, and way too small as you said..George was right after the hunt saying that we walked past the falx and should have stayed there maybe...but people had been told spiders and may have come just for those this time. Falx look good for next time maybe? Spread out more and larger? We creamed those NP didn't we?

Most suggestions have already been brought up and by Ace himself as he wants to make these hunts as good as possible...but new ones won't be unwelcome if they work.

Simple fact is that the more often we do this the better we'll get at it...every mistake is learning.

It's a little time consuming working out and distributing loot, but worth it since all hunters have to do is wait...Jimmy has the hard part there so a few minutes dragging 93 people's loot into stacks and checking there's nothing with good MU hiding there, trading it, working it out and splitting it all evenly AND HONESTLY is worth patience IMO.

Gotta break that 100 barrier and hit a HOF next time, so tell your mates to watch EF for the next one ;)

t

PS Was that ND turning up to check us out at Palms Corner ?

This madness was absolutely brilliant and I will definitely be at the next one!

Actually I expected to get not more than 2-3 ped from this.

Yeah, considering the inherently bad eco of these events due to high percentage of wasted shots, so far we've done quite well on them. Pinky's one a while back returned in the plus, as did the first WoF England one on Grand Formidons. This time it went a bit less smoothly than previously in some ways, and also we started not long after another team hit an uberloot on them, but still, we lost 10 PED for a couple of hours entertainment - I'd imagine most people out there have had many a worse hunt :D

And yeah, designated taggers, keep distance from the mob, etc, are all good ideas. It's difficult getting 8 teams worth of people to do what you want them to do though, especially with lag issues people often encounter in such situations.

I think mainly we've just learnt a bit about mob choice. Gormidons worked quite well last time as they're quite big (physically) and have low regen and lowish agro, despite it being PvP and there being issues with the revival location. The fast regen of the spiders, small physical size, and high agro and spawn made it rather tough this time.

I reckon big Chompers would be ideal - very low agro, huge physical size, not low but not crazy regen.

Was another crazy fun army rampaging through the mobs hunt :laugh: Thanks to Ace for organizing, leaders for doing the teams and sorting the loot, and Jimmy for adding it all up for us, well done everyone. Big up to my team as well, at the time I traded our loot to Jimmy he said we had the biggest loot so far (might have been a bigger one after that, don't know, but still well done guys and girls). It was a bit mad to say the least, so thanks to those who got some loot and handed it over to me at the end, especially Pirx who looted a global for us :wtg:

Looking forward to next time, bigger mobs and less dense so maybe we can stick together a bit more and avoid pulling so many on us at once ;)

[...]
We DID screenshot loot, but there isn't much point in arranging a thing like this if people try to cheat ...people are generally honest thankfully though.
This is the reason that team leaders need to be known to be straight guys, and it's best to allow them to loot mobs if possible too.

[...]

PS Was that ND turning up to check us out at Palms Corner ?

Well the problem wrt looting is that I normally shoot with the r mouse button. But this one means shoot if aiming at a living mob and loot if aiming at a dead mob. So if you happen to press the button just after the kill shot, you loot the thing (at least that is what happens).
And yes: fortunately most people are honest.

And no, I didn't see ND. Then again I left early.

D.

Big up to my team as well, at the time I traded our loot to Jimmy he said we had the biggest loot so far (might have been a bigger one after that, don't know, but still well done guys and girls).

No, don't think anyone beat you there, so your team can claim the win :D

I have 20 ped of tt food I never got to hand in cuz my isp took a shit and I wasn't able to login for a few hours later.

My thoughts:

1. We should hunt a "taller" mob with less aggro.
2. We should divide the hunt into 2 groups who go to 2 different areas - 50 people is enough to bring down the mob... 100 was riduclous and so many shots were missed, so many extra mobs were being aggro'd.
3. We should have a tagger, and the group should stand lined up if possible - or in a arc ( position. Let the mobs come to us one at a time.

who should I give this 20 ped too... from what I read each hunter got 10 ped of loot? If that is the case I guess I will just give you 10 ped.

Jimmy's idea is quite good in fact... Chomper should be really easy to aim at lmao ... no argo and so on.... I think this mob is worth a try :yay:

I have 20 ped of tt food I never got to hand in cuz my isp took a shit and I wasn't able to login for a few hours later.

who should I give this 20 ped too... from what I read each hunter got 10 ped of loot? If that is the case I guess I will just give you 10 ped.

Each persons share came to 10.32 peds. So I suggest you keep that and hand the remaining part to me.

The remainder can either be distributed to everyone who attended but being such a small amount it's not going to come to much and doesn't seem to be worth the hassle to me. So I will keep that for a while. So that anyone who wants their share can send me a pm or reply here and we'll arrange a meeting. After a while anything remaining will be given to a New Arrival literally coming off the ship at the New Arrivals Centre in Port Atlantis.

I hope everyone is happy with that solution if not please let me know.

Each persons share came to 10.32 peds. So I suggest you keep that and hand the remaining part to me.

The remainder can either be distributed to everyone who attended but being such a small amount it's not going to come to much and doesn't seem to be worth the hassle to me. So I will keep that for a while. So that anyone who wants their share can send me a pm or reply here and we'll arrange a meeting. After a while anything remaining will be given to a New Arrival literally coming off the ship at the New Arrivals Centre in Port Atlantis.

Just give the difference to a newbie arrival. Make someones day since i doubt very much 10 PEC is gonna make anyone that participated's day :laugh:

Sorry I missed the fun. Hope to make the next one

I dont believe its worthy to try gathering 93 ppl ..the same 93 ppl so you can share them 10 ped :laugh::laugh:
I fully support the New Arrival bonus idea ;)

take it for you for pay the whormi xD

i would add it to the "loot pool" of the next event. (many participants would be the same, after all)

the reason i strongly dislike the idea of giving it to a new arrival is that, despite all disclaimers you might make, you may make him/her think getting something for free is normal and hence create another beggar.

Give the 10 ped to Nadie and Sheep for the Wormholes. :cool:

Follow the Leader

An excellent report Pinky. :)

The Opalo army heads South from Omegaton hunting spider prey. Opalos rule! :yay:

opalowofradar.jpg

Huge fun at very little cost. A few globals but no HoF, still, it was worth it just for the wormhole rides! :cool:

opalowofwormhole.jpg

Big thanks to all the Team England members involved especially GeorgeSkywalker for organising the event and Jimmy B for doing all the loot number crunching and ped distribution. :thumbup:

I vote for any spare ped to go to Nadie and Madsheep too, they must have burned a shed load of mind essence on loads of wormholes at 670 ME a go. :eek:

Looking forward to the next Ace event! :wtg:

This event already is over?
If so, when is the next one?

The thread for the new opalo hunt is now up.

Anyone hoping to join the hunt remember to sign up in the new thread:
Opalo Hunt 4 HoF III

Signing up on the thread helps to to bump it and hopefully encourage more to join. It also gives us an estimate of how many will be attending and to plan accordingly.

Back