Question: Worth it?

Tilarium

Provider
Simple question, really, are they at a reasonable price? This is ofcourse directed at those that have one. Not having one, I don't know how good they are, if they are worth the PED or not.

Reactions: Wed
They are fun for sure, whether they are worth it i suppose is a matter of how much is that extra fun worth to you :). They seem to have come down some though, almost tempted myself :).

at current price (150 ped i think lowest atm)

yeah totally worth it ... they fun they low maintnence (totalt it several times at the cost of 67 pec tt value lost and like 5 pec on the repair tool :D )

basicly if you can afforth tp-ing i doubt you will worrie about the car cost.

Hell, I thought it was worth it at 350.00 and 450.00 peds when I bought... I saw a guy today selling them for 130 peds each for the stock color.

Hell yes it's worth it!

For fun...

Yes, to me it has been. I paid around 330ped for a crafted Valk within a few days of the release, and I have had a blast the entire time. Practical uses, for me, are limited, but the entertainment value makes it well worth it.

I also plan on keeping it a long, long time. Once the TT value gets quite low, it will just become a "parade" car. This makes customizing more logical - I know I could hardly wait to slap on some blue paint I lying around just to have it painted.

The TT value is down from 17 to a little over 14 ped, but most of that was due to a single, car-destroying, AFK incident - a mistake I won't make again. The random hits from mobs don't add up to much - so as long as you get out of the car when you crash or get stuck near them, or when chased by ones you can't out-drive.

I expect that by the time that "parade" time rolls around (based on no pvp, just stray hits from mobs) I will a) have another, cheaper Valk Mk1, and/or b) have the option to get better/different types of vehicles.

As for the cost to drive around, I put 20ped worth of oil in it when I bought it, and it's down to about 6 now. That is cheap for the many hours of fun. I'll drive instead of TP, just because, and I'll hunt and mine and explore more remote places without having to TP in blindly or run for ages.

If you want to use it for PVP, that is a different set of calculations that I don't know enough about, but if you want to cruise around and mostly just have fun, it's a question of how many ped's you can spare.

It's way more fun than an apartment :D

:beerchug:
Miles

worth every pec...cant imagin going into pvp or mining with out one...

How can it be useful while mining?
Avoid mobs on your mining path (especially when you find a very crowded area with high agro mobs), put the extra weight in the car inventory and send it back to storage, scouting new areas, lure mobs away from your claim... etc, etc.

Plus the fun, it is the most fun I had in the almost 3 years i've been playing :yay:

yes, when mining or hunting it's nice to have a vehicle. Nice when hunting to search for mobs instead of running.

Yea buy one and leave skid marks everywhere.

To me they are totally worth it. Got both cars and love em :yay:

We did a big tp drive with Entropia Tour Agency and tottaly 110% fun .

Cars are worth the penny you spend on them (especially with todays prices)

It's no secret ... that I haven't spent much time in EU for a while ... just popped in now and then to check in with special friends, but ... after the vehicles were released and Skeezer gave me a ride in his vehicle on ROCKTropia and let me drive it, I was sold. I think it has multiple purposes as mentioned in previous posts, but for me, it's quite the fun factor that does it for me, and I find myself spending more time with friends just racing the streets of RT and exploring.

I love the road system on RT ... and have found myself bobbing and weaving in between Vampire Chicks and Pop Dragons, not to mention hulky Motorhead Security Guards and Werewolves. I also love the off-road fun we've had with some pretty wild rides ... especially when Skeezer or Moonie take a wrong turn ... it makes for some intense moments (ok, I've made wrong turns too). :D

It took long enough ... but it's one of the better things we've gotten in EU (IMO), because it provides so much fun for so little. You don't have to get a gazillion gallons of gas (oil) because it lasts a long time, and as Miles says, if you're careful around mobs and PvP areas, the costs are minimal. I paid about 312 ped for mine, but I see that the costs are coming down, so that's a good thing. :thumbup:

The only downside for me ... is that operation is rather quirky. I hope MA goes back to the drawing board on this one because it's rather a challenge to have to hold down the W key first of all, and then movement left or right using the A and D keys jerk the car and it's not very smooth (even when you tap) ... not to mention that if you press the keys too hard, the turn can be more extreme than you want it to be. It definitely takes some getting used to, but there has to be a better way to do this. :dunno: It would be nice if we could somehow use our mouse to direct the vehicle.

Back