You have 5k PEDs...

RidingDirty

Elite
Society
PE Addicts
Marcus RidingDirty Jaervinen
...your about to become a father, just bought a new condo and you are about to buy a new car. These 5 000 PEDs is the foundation of your future EU-existance. You know that this is the last big deposit you can do, after this you can only spare 1 000 PEDs a month.

You have experience in most aspects of the universe. Your character that you chipped down earlier has something like level 10 in all pro-standings. You enjoy all professions.

Whats your move?

--

Having kind of a hard time deciding myself so looking for advice.

Best Regards

Reactions: Wed
ul sib weapon ?

drone camping, unamped mining. 102 amp crafting possibly? (idk if 5k is really enough, but I guess if you go small)

...your about to become a father, just bought a new condo and you are about to buy a new car. These 5 000 PEDs is the foundation of your future EU-existance. You know that this is the last big deposit you can do, after this you can only spare 1 000 PEDs a month.

You have experience in most aspects of the universe. Your character that you chipped down earlier has something like level 10 in all pro-standings. You enjoy all professions.

That fictional avatar would stop nasty OA101 crafting on condition at first. :laugh:

The "history" of this avatar also makes him good to hit a nice item if he just survives long enough on the peds.

But seriously, with 5K Ped start and an depo now and then one can entertain a very broad range of activities in EU.

5K peds oh... I would take them out, if I have a kid.
Put it in his college funds

i would not tie up the ped in any expensive item , better to circulate it
10k argo mission , some cheap rikers (L) +amp , gnome armor ,and some bang for the buck 5A plates for later
also 10k merps and foul
unamped mining runs if you enjoy it

the monthly 1000 ped hopefully covers the losses ,so you have plenty of ped to circulate ...also you can afford to stack up stuff and sell for MU

<removed by author>

Last edited:
Hunt argos with Breer5's :)

They give quite good loot including nice iron - and (depending on your skills) STOP CRAFTING!!!

he mentioned lvl 10 pro standing

Get your skills up to use some of the Adjusted, Improved L weapons...

Like Adjusted Korss 400 (L) is perfect weapons , its tt is around 920 peds, and even you pay 120% for it you got nice 2.9 ECO with a105 amp..

Or some more skills and use Improved LR53 (L) , its tt is around 2k ped and even you got it for 117% its the same eco as Unlimited hl6 but with like 3.5 dmg/sec more...

So i would say get skills to use that adj.korss or that imp.isis or check also adjusted isis lr32 and some of these mod weapons.. They have higher TT (but still in your budget) and are just like expensive UNL SIB items..

Get some of these guns and start grinding some missions ( argo, atrox, feff, foul whatever... )

You should be absolutely fine with 1000 peds month and you more likely profit with a bit of luck ;)

<removed by author>

Last edited:
<removed by author>

Last edited:
1000PED a month? That's more then enough if you are lvl 10 :scratch2: (imo)..
Spend all 5k PEDs on amp crafting :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks for the advice and gratz's :)

Still have a few months left with quiet nights but looking forward to raise my future rockstar-kid ;)

A few pointers:

-Sticking at level 10 is not an option for me, Im going to spend a bit on skills no matter what line I choose

-Dont think the 102s are profitable anymore

-My main-goal would be to break even so I can use the monthly 1000 PEDs to improve gear or skill-wise

Best Regards

Depends how many hours/day you intend playing, before I could give a real answer

6? Then you could mine forever, amped or unamped
2? Then you could skill up to p5a and busy yourself with missions.
16? hmmmm

Depends how many hours/day you intend playing, before I could give a real answer

6? Then you could mine forever, amped or unamped
2? Then you could skill up to p5a and busy yourself with missions.
16? hmmmm

Id say 2-8 atm. In the future Im not sure.

Skill up and use p5a or something equal. Get a 106 or a 105 amp and you will not have to deposit anything if you have a budget of 3-5k ped and cycle it on drones, argos or teamhunts on bigger mobs (all using p5a). Thats what I do. Just unlocked commando and finally had some luck in the loot window as well :D

If you do deposit some you could just ad it to your budget and build it up or just go big and spend it all, up to you :) But always keep ~3k in budget and you will survive, if you use p5a and hunt small that is.

500$ buys a set of goooood strollers for your yet unborn kiddo :yay:

The ones i bought initially cost 500$ but then (even tho my wife was ashamed) I bartered down to 450$ + 30$ cash discount :yay:

The rest of 80$ is -> basic supplies for the kid (diapers, different kinds of oils, creams, food, etc)

I.

<removed by author>

Last edited:
500$ buys a set of goooood strollers for your yet unborn kiddo :yay:

The ones i bought initially cost 500$ but then (even tho my wife was ashamed) I bartered down to 450$ + 30$ cash discount :yay:

The rest of 80$ is -> basic supplies for the kid (diapers, different kinds of oils, creams, food, etc)

I.

Dont you worry. All the money he/she needs is put aside already, and my monthly IRL budget has plenty of room for error. Im just thinking of saving any extra money in the future as im looking to buy us a house in three years or so.

---

Off-topic: Whos is the overly eager mod who put this in deposits and withdrawals? Feels a bit wrong....

Id say 2-8 atm. In the future Im not sure.

Well I can hunt+mine(I use low markup amps) on no deposits. I spend about that much time per day presently, and it should be no problem for you to skill natural to higher maxed SIB weapons - while getting there you can do the molisk/argo iron missions for hunting (they have the greatest probability of breaking even in the long run).

unamped mining would be easy (aim to max of of-105 then tk120) or you can investigate depth enhancers with of-105 - no need to be a higher level for them

Stay the hell away from crafting and you should have no problems occupying your time in EU

gl :)

1,000PED? I've been getting away with 200PED and not even trying to be all that eco lol... Congrats on the kid though, glad that you already have the rest of your finances squared away before throwing it into a game. :)

buy a booth in a descent location... MA's upgrade offer is not for booths at the moment, but was last December. If they bring that option back, upgradeability will be useful, and will make booths worth more then they are now.

Booths have 10 slots, which is not much to start with, BUT then you'll never have to worry about auction fees again, or rent either since booths have no rent... that makes living on a budget a potential possibility in hard times when you need money worse irl.

If the upgrade offer does not come through, you can always use a shopkeeper to add a few slots, or just sell it later. Prices are not likely to go below where they are now.

I'd say 1000 ped month is enough for EU :).
I'm in the same boat as you, the kid will be born end october/beginning november, the car is payed off, but not the appartment (~400€/month during next 33 years :D). I limit my deposits to 200$/year, and the planned budget after he's born still allows for it + some savings after everything is payed :) (~1000€).
Good luck on your new R and EU life.

Hi again,

Thanks for all the advice I have been given. I think I have made up my mind now. Looks like I´m going to chip in some skills and hunt below my level using some eco SIB-weapons. I will also do some mining while hunting. But without amps....

I will give the amps a final farewell tonight, after which my new eco-life in entropia will start.

Best Regards

Having kind of a hard time deciding myself so looking for advice.

Best Regards

100$ a month is plenty to get a taste of most things IG... just not to grind for hours on end...

as to the 5k... either work on saving for an ul weapon, or use it to maximize the mu you're able to get for things

Hi again,

Thanks for all the advice I have been given. I think I have made up my mind now. Looks like I´m going to chip in some skills and hunt below my level using some eco SIB-weapons. I will also do some mining while hunting. But without amps....

I will give the amps a final farewell tonight, after which my new eco-life in entropia will start.

Best Regards

With 5k you should be able to get an unlimited Riker and unlimited Loughlin Cutter and be good for quite a while. With or without regular injections on 1000 PED.

My choice fell on the laser-pistol-line aiming towards the imp, H400.

Made some investments and now have some decent gear to get started with.

2x H400 with full TT maxed
Shogun armor
5B Plates
ek-2600
Some vivo I forgot the name of

Will start out by doing some of the missions as they seem to give quite a good skill-increase. Makes it worthwhile and meaningful to grind easier mobs.

Was thinking of starting out with the merps or argos tonight. Probably merps as I could finnish the 10k quite fast.

Back