Question: Your most-used armour and why?

Redfrog

Hunting nekkid since VU 9.0
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Molly 'Red' MacGuire
With the recent threads on best eco for Ithaca troxies, how useful Kobold really is and other similar ones, it got me thinking.
This only applies if you have more than one set of armour: which set gets the most use in terms of the time it spends on your back? And why?

Is it because it offers the protection for the mobs you usually hunt, is it because of its versatility for unexpected mobs, is it the colour, the price to buy, the economy of that particular set, ...?

For me it's my Gnome+5As. It's eco; Impact or Impact+Cut are the most common damage types so it protects against most of the stuff I encounter; it's cheap to buy (except the arms); I tend not to do long hunts so the loss of protection over time isn't really an issue for me;
I also like the looks ;)

Your turn ...

I Use ghost the most.
I do however own a complete set of settler too!
(and don't ask why, i just do) :laugh:

ghost and 5b... protects against almost any kind of attack, and i don't hafta worry about the surprise multi attack making me fap alot...

I know it's not the most eco, but i have enough evade that i don't feel the difference too much

I have other setups for when i'm targeting specific mobs

With the recent threads on best eco for Ithaca troxies, how useful Kobold really is and other similar ones, it got me thinking.
This only applies if you have more than one set of armour: which set gets the most use in terms of the time it spends on your back? And why?

Is it because it offers the protection for the mobs you usually hunt, is it because of its versatility for unexpected mobs, is it the colour, the price to buy, the economy of that particular set, ...?

For me it's my Gnome+5As. It's eco; Impact or Impact+Cut are the most common damage types so it protects against most of the stuff I encounter; it's cheap to buy (except the arms); I tend not to do long hunts so the loss of protection over time isn't really an issue for me;
I also like the looks ;)

Your turn ...

I'm not sure I can answer this question accurately, as it varies so much for me.

I generally use Pixie or Gnome with 5a or 5b for smaller mobs (Equus or Merp would be examples of things I've hunted recently with those armours), or Shogun for something a bit tougher or with Stab damage. Shogun for smaller bots too (used this a lot during the robot war).

For the tougher mobs (neconu, itumas) I generally use Ghost or Vigi with 5b or 6a as appropriate.

Gremlin makes an occasional appearance for not-quite-so-tough mobs or for a rare trip to CP.

I also have Goblin and Kobold which rarely get used (though I always use Kobold on cold mobs), and Bodyguard which I don't think I've ever used except for one time for role-play reasons in an event I ran :)

Overall I guess the combos I use most at the moment are Pixie+5a and Ghost+5b. A couple of months ago I would have said Gnome instead of Pixie, but with higher skills I find myself 'downgrading' to the Pixie more often.

If I really need to choose one, I'll go with Pixie+5a, because I've hardly taken it off for the last 2-3 weeks, but next month I may not use it all :)

Gotta be vigi+6a, considering 95% of the time Im taking damage its either on a beacon or from an angry socmate ;)
Used it in PVP4 a ton too, but havent been in there as much lately.

Lately Valiant (for sweating in :laugh:)

Almost even between Ghost and Vigi

Maybe Vigi a bit more. It was the first harness I looted and I only had to buy helmet and foot for it, so I have used it the most to start with. Besides I have 6A so it makes bots easy :)

<----- Zat Von!

I vant to dvink your Blooood! :vampire:

Ghost + 6A, cos I like to smack bots. Also works for most of the other mobs that Snookie and I hunt.

pixie rascal

used to be Rascal, for great eco against mobs like argos :D

now it's more often pixie, 'cause with the amp nerf, add to it that I don't have much time for EU (and so my low skills after almost 4 years), I don't hunt argos anymore (only time to time - the damn Hunters are disappointing when you're killing a young :p ) so I try to hunt smaller mobs in pixie (not bad on cornus)

Lez. :wtg:

Shadow, cause it's a great all rounder. Great for bots, for pk, any domes at CP, and is well suited to the mobs I hunt on Calypso being Hogglo, Neconu, Falx and Atrox.

Decays alot less than I expected when I first bought it too.

Gremlin + 5B ! :yay:
Because I love it. :dunno:

I use Gremlin mostly for economy:
Drones = Gremlin + 6A
Atrox = Gremlin + 2A
Ambulimax = Gremlin + 5B
Argonaut = Gremlin no plates
CP = Gremlin + 5B

Gypsy

I use phantom 99% of the time, cause it's great for nearly everything :D

Well for me, It has got to be Shogun + 6A plates, considering that most of the time I'm hunting bots and pretty much anything that comes into range. ;)

Nem +5B mostly becuse i am to lazy to change armor:ahh:
Favorite mobs is big armax, argos and hogglos.

Gremlin for just about anything... Can't think of something that I hunt where I used anything but gremlin :)

It's a great armor, has high TT so last longer, and it has a cool color :)

Angel. (I also own Paradox.)
Its a great all-round armor, simple.

...and of course it makes me look innocent.

Eon, cos it kicks ass and has great eco.

Often I don´t wear armor at all.

But when wearing armor its mostly Boar, as alround armor for me.

Sometimes Gremlin unplated or TBird, got some other sets, but don´t use that very often.

Ghost

...because I deserves it!

Well most used for me is Gremlin + 5b , mostly cos i shiped out from the game 2 times and started all over from zero again and gremlin impact and acid protection is just whats needed for thouse opalo hunts lol

Beside that its vigi + 6a and kobold +5b , but now when im back for permant stay i might see whats going 2 be the most used later on :scratch2:

Main armour is Boar+5Bs Eco is fab and looks great;)
Bot armour is Salamander+6As Cos 1Dmg from Troopers is funny:laugh:
Thunderbird+6Cs for Ocu and Cersumon, also looks very clean and classy :)

Vigi for Beacons & Emerald Fauna.
Ghost for Trox/Ambu/Feff solo sessions.
Green Underwear for Team Hunts and low mobs. :yay:
No Plates.
Why? cuz works for me. :wtg:

Gremlin,

cheap,protective,eco and it looks cool

i just use goblin no pl8 well first im poor lol but my goblins is repaired fully and its a good armor i see alot of non newbies wearing it

Hmm well yes, its gnome + 2A´s most of teh time, simply because its eco and nice enough prot. for the medium stuff which i usually hunt...

Then next after that its vigi and then maybe kobold or rascal for the added impact prot. if i happen to need it...

Havent got around getting a set of ghost yet, that would prolly open up some high impact mobs, and havent gotten gremlin set either, because would not even know what to hunt with it...:D

And the rest of sets are either too pricey for me, or just otherwise useless, or those "fashion" armours, which has not been my thing...:silly2:

unplated shogun

why?

cause 90% of the mobs i face i can do comfortably in that armor.

if i need bigger ive got 5b plates to add on , or switch to Bear (L)

cheers

ermik

Tied for first are Kobold and Gremlin (+appropriate plates of course).

Vigi comes a distant third. All the rest of my armors are mostly decoration in my closet currently.

shogun+5B for most everything
shogun+3B for drones
yeah... I only own shogun.
I also wear nothing when I'm hunting electric mobs because I'm hip.:silly2:

Back