Team Australia aka The OZ Squad

Greece is suggesting 12:00 MA time Sunday 18 March.
I have replied that it is unlikely as that means EST it is 23:00 when starting.
Then hunt 3 hours and ending 02:00 EST, by the time one is logged off is closer to 2:30 / 3:00 then work on Monday morning?

We have to find a more suitable time.
On Sunday we can accept up till 9 AM MA time.

Please let me know

It appears Hurrikane has added additional time slots for us...Check Greece team thread.

Sunday 18.03.07 8:00am MA time or 9:00am MA time which works out to be Sunday evening for us...Suitable for me.

I suggested Sunday 18 March @ 08:00 MA time.

Means 17:00 in the West and 19:00 in the East.

Lets hope this works for all.

I suggested Sunday 18 March @ 08:00 MA time.

Means 17:00 in the West and 19:00 in the East.

Lets hope this works for all.

I can do this time if I'm needed.

Shaz

There still seem to be some issues with playing times for Greece.

It appears to be a problem to be awake at 10 AM Greece time (8 AM MA time).
Not sure what to do...... :confused: as any later than that will interfere with ppl having to work the next day in Australia.

People getting up for work is more important than people lazing on a sunday... this is an international competition ffs!

Can you please PM me with ALL start-times that your team can use AT ALL... I will ask Greece to do the same.

Hurrikane

Sat we could have start times from 8 AM - 10 AM MA time
Sunday we could have start times from 00:01 to 8:00 AM

These time diffreneces are a total nightmare........

At the moment it looks like it will start 23:00 Sat night MA time, wich means
Sunday morning 8 AM in the West and 10 AM in the East.

Sorry about the early start for this one.... I will address your unique situation before the next Round, hopefully we'll get you out at a better time then.

Hurrikane

Sorry folks, but I have a comitment this Sunday morning.
Someone else will have to take my place.

Good luck team.

Tosha, we'll have Grrr and Jod in the competition this round, so no worries mate.

I had commitments as well (preparations for a wedding) and was supposed to be at their place Sunday morning 10 AM. I delayed the time I had to be there....... which was very unconvenient as all other ppl involved also had to be rescheduled.

On te 31st of March Saturday I am not available after 3 AM MA time until Sunday 1 April @ 5 AM MA time.
Just in case we need to hunt that day.

Next week will become a complete drama when countries go through all the daylight savings OMG......

Good luck guys :wave:

Thx for understanding folks.

Best of luck and go get em team!!!!

I'll try and log on as soon as I get home and find out whats happening, but it will only be about 1pm Sunday arvo my time.

Again, good luck and Aussie Aussie Aussie.....oi oi oi

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Hey guys I just put my name down as a sub. Don't think ill be needed but I'm on board. Ill keep an eye on the thread and if I'm needed all it takes is a pm. Other than that all I can say is good luck, GO AUSTRALIA and C'mon Aussies! :yay:

Good to have you onboard Micko ;)

Well the loots wheren`t great but we had an automatic win due to greeces no show :yay:

I beleive we ended up with 46points which is average over all but we had a bad loot time so it`s encouraging.

I`ve posted the screenies from round 2 in the global thread.I missed the time stamp on 2 of them (lag) though i dont think it will be a problem.

Well done team:D

So bring on the next lot:cool:

Thanks for posting those Jod.....

lets get ready for the next round :)

Considering we are on the same mob list, be good to give Serica and Shaz a go. I'm happy to make way for either one of these two.

Well done to those that competed today...

yeah I`ll second Grrrrr`s last post.

Happy to play medic though;)

Where were the Greeks ?

None of the Greeks showed yesterday for the WoF match...

Where could they have been ?? (seeing as they found it so difficult to agree a time at all)

I'm sure we all noticed the 'Greeks United' globals during our match time.

Well, looking at the HOF forum, I see that at least 2 of the Greek WoF team were online and hunting:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Nvm - the extra 18points were very welcome, I'm sure :)

Last edited:
Yep, I did notice the "Greeks United" global pop up while hunting the WoF. I did think for a second if any Greek WoF member was part of that global.

Glad you have the proof to back up any crap the Greek's may come back with for not participating in the WoF this past weekend :)

Good going guys. Nice to see you doing well.

Gratz'ed you at the time, but wanted to put in a formal gratz.

So, Well done team and Congraulations.:woot: the drinks are on me. :beerchug: :shots:

Hey guys I just put my name down as a sub. Don't think ill be needed but I'm on board. Ill keep an eye on the thread and if I'm needed all it takes is a pm. Other than that all I can say is good luck, GO AUSTRALIA and C'mon Aussies! :yay:

Great Micko, thanks :)

Yes it's great MA is recognising this massive event and all the work Hurrikane is putting into it.

Don't think MA would put it in the country colors....

A black jacket with the WOF logo on the back would be great :)

Hello Team Australia;

Firstly apologies for the delayed Update of the Scores on the ***WarSheet***; we are compiling and confirming scores from a very chaotic weekend and RL stuff doesn't help! The Update will be there by tonight (I did say Monday/Tuesday:)).

But to keep you all busy in the meantime;

Your next hunt, Round 2, is against Canada;

Can you please contact Canada and arrange one of the following hunt times for next weekend.

Remember, there isn't much flexibility, and several teams have already fielded less than 4 hunters in the matches up to now.

Available Start Times:

00:00 Saturday 24th March (friday midnight)

08:00 Saturday 24th March

12:00 Saturday 24th March

16:00 Saturday 24th March

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)

08:00 Sunday 25th March

(Some of these Times are Unique to Australia and their Opponents as Australia took an awkward slot last Round)

Please Note; time-slots have changed slightly from those offered in Round 1.

Thanks for your continued patience and excellent co-operation.

Also, to all Team Captains:

Please read this carefully, it's important!

The advent of MA's excellent contribution of Winner's Jackets has led to the need for a rule change, which is;

For the remainder of this Stage, Stage 2(rounds 2 and 3) all rules regarding Teams, Recruiting and Substitutes stay the same.

When the 12 lucky teams progress and reach Stage 3, these rules will be changed to allow any signed Substitutes the chance to hunt. The Teams will be listed as a team of up to 12 (if FULL), with all eligible to form the hunt team of 1 to 4 for the Hunts in Stage 3. As with Stage 2, there will be 3 hunts for each Team in this Stage.

It is intended that all team use Stage 3 to refine, bolster and sort out their teams into the best line-up for winning. For this purpose, during Stage 3, team members who have dropped out are allowed to re-apply, and should be asked first, if possible (especially if they did not Hunt when in the Team before) before new signings are added.

For Stages 4 and 5 (5 being the Final), the 6 remaining Teams cannot drop or lose any players. The Teams must use the members they have settled on by the end of Stage 3. Teams not FULL (12 signed members) can still add hunters until FULL, but as before, only with 24 hours notice before a hunt.
The idea is you only enter Stage 4 with a Team that DESERVES TO BE THERE.
So it is up to the Captains to make sure that: Those who have not hunted do so in the rest of Stage 2, or during Stage 3. The substitute rule has been relaxed to allow this to be easier. By the end of Stage 3, going through to Stage 4, your team will be final unless not already FULL.

Why these new rules?

The Tournament started out with the intention of ensuring all those who applied, no matter what their skills or equipment, would get the chance to Hunt for their Country. This has so far been happening; Through the Qualifiers, and Stages 2 and 3, each team will have had 4-7 hunts, and availability issues and good teamwork have ensured that most have, or will have, hunted if they wanted to.

As you are all aware, the Teams sense the need to win and are tuning their team for victory; it makes sense that towards the end, higher-skilled players will make up the bulk of the teams competing. This is now inevitable and must be expected.

With the Prizes in mind, I needed the Rules to ensure that those in the Winning Team (which will be up to 12) have as much right to their prizes as possible, and have not just jumped into a gap in the team and "won" without hunting. All Captains should handle this refining process as fairly as they can, I do not wish to recieve tearful PM's from those leaving or dropped without good reason or the chance to prove themselves.

Hope this is all ok, as it opens up the teams and builds momentum for the Final:).

Confirmed Hunt-Times as soon as possible please.
Hurrikane

11am Sat east,8am West

7pm Sat East,4pm West

11pm Sat East,8pm Fri West

16:00 Saturday 24th March
3am Sun East,12mid. Sat West

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)
11am Sun East,8am West

7pm SunEast,4pm West.

Did i get that right and when does daylight saving end?

Last edited:
Can we discuss the participants hunting in this weeks WoF?

Serica and Shaz should hunt this stage...Shaz has mentioned to me that he has the correct setup in tackling warrior gen's.

I'm available to hunt at any time this weekend but only consider me should no one else be able to participate. Also, as Jod reiterated in an earlier post, I am available to fap should anyone require these services.

:)

Yep, I'm happy with Warriors, and I'm keen to get a run. Only time I have a problem with is the one Sunday afternoon.

7pm SunEast,4pm West.

Daylight saving finishes in the west at
Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 3:00:00 AM +9 hours WST

I'd be happy to try the umbras :)

I'll be available for the following spots:

11am Sat NSW/Vic, 10am Sat Qld, 8am WA

7pm Sat NSW/Vic, 6pm Sat Qld, 4pm WA

11pm Sat NSW/Vic, 10pm Sat Qld, 8pm Fri WA

Sunday is out for me though - my youngest brother arrives from the UK that day. First time we've seen him for a couple of years, so a big family occasion :wtg:

Last edited:
Back