Will it ever be possible to get to level 100 ?

Gaius MB

Old
Hi,
from what i've read there was a change in skill mechanics a while ago, which makes skillgains past 5k very slow.

I wonder if it will ever be possible to get close to level 100 in hit/damage profession and evade.
I scanned quite a lot of people so far, and those with higher skills were all older players (strenght 9) while i hardly saw any new ones above 30-40.

And unfortunately i start to feel that myself: i have around 3.6k in rifle now, in order to get 1 point, i need to shoot roughly around 1k ammo (using maxed isis 32L+ 105).
And together with Laser Weapon Technology, Rifl seems to be the skill growing the fastest, compare to all the other skills that contribute to hit/dmg profession (some of the attributes show almost no change after a 10k ammo hunt @ 2-3k).
So it takes hundred thousands of ammo-charges to get a level in the area close to 30 .... how will it be at higher levels ? Do skills like Serendipity, Coolness and Combat sense compensate the slowing down of skillgain so that it is still possible to get to the top levels, or will the skillgain get lower and lower, leaving a new character 0 chance to get to levels like 60-70, where an UL gun starts to be profitable ?
How much ammo/time does it take for 1 skillpoint in rifl (or other main weapontype) at levels 40, 50, 60 ?

Thanks in advance for any info on this issue.

Stamina is 9, not strength ;)

and yes, there will be someone at lvl 100 ;)

Everything is still possible it's just that bit harder now and if you are determined enough you will make it there one day ^^, just try to have as much fun as possible along the way :)

Yes its possible, it just takes a long time (without chipping). If everyone could get there in a year, having lvl 100 wouldn't mean anything anyway.

I scanned quite a lot of people so far, and those with higher skills were all older players (strenght 9) while i hardly saw any new ones above 30-40.

That's not surprising. It was only fairly recently that avatars changed from starting with 9 Stamina. There simply hasn't been enough time for the players with 1 Stamina to skill up to uber level.

The answer is YES, but it will not be anyone that started playing in the last 3 years (unless they eat chips for a year and spend $1,000,000 to get there). Those of us that started after Entropia went gold are the middle and lower class in the universe. Those that were fortunate enough to start prior to the gold era are the upper class and that is how it will always be. Accept it - you will be happier.

Yes. I believe the progress calculator (http://esi.coolinc.info/progress.cgi) estimated that i'd reach level 100 in Sniper in about 10 years, and level 100 Ranged Laser (Dmg) in about 13 years. That's not including the effects of Commando and Kill Strike when i unlock them, so let's be optimistic and say 9 years and 12 years. :laugh:

You are referring to the most recent skill nerf, as described here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nge-community-unfreeze-skill-progression.html

What was changed is the nature of the skill level to skill volume function. Jdegre made this plot to show the nature of the change.
skillnerf.jpg

Basically, what used to get you to 10k in a skill (about 1250 PEDs volume) will now get you to about 8k, and 10k is that much effort again from 8k (2500 PEDs total volume).

tool-fit.png

At level 3.6k, you have 50 PEDs volume in that skill (http://esi.coolinc.info/?level=3600), so when you've repeated the efforts it took to get there 50 times, you'll be at 10k in that skill (~2500 PEDs volume).

Last edited:
The answer is YES, but it will not be anyone that started playing in the last 3 years (unless they eat chips for a year and spend $1,000,000 to get there). Those of us that started after Entropia went gold are the middle and lower class in the universe. Those that were fortunate enough to start prior to the gold era are the upper class and that is how it will always be. Accept it - you will be happier.

there was a skill reset after gold

so there is not advantage for people pregold.

your right if you mean all players before the first skill change VU 6 or 7

Yes. I believe the progress calculator (http://esi.coolinc.info/progress.cgi) estimated that i'd reach level 100 in Sniper in about 10 years, and level 100 Ranged Laser (Dmg) in about 13 years. That's not including the effects of Commando and Kill Strike when i unlock them, so let's be optimistic and say 9 years and 12 years. :laugh:

Your calculations don't include future skill nerfs :D

So on the downside, we may all look like Yoda by the time we get there. On the plus side, it'll be pretty cool at that age to be able to do a triple-back-flip flying attack in a Light Sabre (L) battle.

I wonder if it will ever be possible to get close to level 100 in hit/damage profession and evade.
(...)
So it takes hundred thousands of ammo-charges to get a level in the area close to 30 .... how will it be at higher levels ? Do skills like Serendipity, Coolness and Combat sense compensate the slowing down of skillgain so that it is still possible to get to the top levels, or will the skillgain get lower and lower, leaving a new character 0 chance to get to levels like 60-70, where an UL gun starts to be profitable ?
How much ammo/time does it take for 1 skillpoint in rifl (or other main weapontype) at levels 40, 50, 60 ?

it all depends on how much you spend (or recycle) / day. i've heard that at high levels (>80), you better burn over 3k peds / day, if you want to see any significant progress at all.

if you are like me, and rarely burn over 500 peds / day, then you better be prepared to be stuck in the 50's, or at most in the 60's, for years to come.

unlockables, such as CS, do give a boost to the progression, but only during a couple of levels (4k skill points at 5%, for laser sniper hit, for instance).

My dictionary defines "Success" as the progressive realisation of a worthwhile goal...

You're not going anywhere, anytime soon I take it? You plan to stick around..?

Then shoot shoot shoot :)

As long as you're not blowing tons of peds by trying to run before you can crawl, and as long as you're having fun along the way...

You'll get there..

The current skill progression system is similar to a question i read once.

It went along the lines of
"if you have 100 meters to walk, and your first step covers 50m, and each successive step is half the size of the previous step, how many steps need you take?"
so, you go 50, then 25, then 12.5, then 6.25 etc. You never arrive, but you eventually get close.

Or maybe it's more like the speed of light (a theoretical maximum) or Absolute Zero (a theoretical Minimum). Both exist, but are unobtainable.

yes you will get to lvl 100 just hunt like hell. a am just now at lvl 61 in sniper blp and i have been here soon 2 years so just keep on and skill.:yay:

yes it all seems very far away but not really
you have to compensate for the fact your gonna get some nice uber hofs along the way and chip up
on the otherhand with unlimited guns their is no reason anymore to get 10/10 anymore and damage is not super important with unlimited guns.. it helps but the main reason for it was to increase miimum damage on HA guns

so whats left to worry about skillin, i would say evade , serindipity

I think its so hard to hit 100 level is because their is no need to reach that level

I can buy a unlimited with 3k rifle and be more efficent than a guy with level 95 hit on a HA gun

I think what im saying is all most of thye Hit skills are nothing more than ways to get hit points pretty much
I would say IRD and RDA are about the most important rifle skills now everything else just seems like filler

Im sure it can still be done.. however, will it be worth to dedicate 2-3 years of ur life to almost 24/7 hardcore grinding to go from 99 to 100? ;)

And i don't remember exactly but i think it took ~200 ped ammo with MKV for 1 rifle point just below ~60 hit..

depends on mob also..

Ok thanks for the replies, very helpful. I've put that Mk.III back on auction then and hope manufacturers/resellers won't rise the prices of (L) guns some happy day.

Really can't imaginge why MA did this change, but i guess this has been dicussed already when it happened, i arrived kinda late here.

The only thing i hope is that MA won't arbitrarily change skillgaining again. It's frustrating if you go to all that hard process and with the next VU you get a "surprise surprise, what you achieved is worthless and can be now done now in 1 week" - or the other way, that it won't be possible to get to 40 for new players. I hope they realize that changing this kind of game aspects is very frustrating for the customers, since for many (or at least me), the biggest assets are the skills.

Thanks again for infos.

Ok thanks for the replies, very helpful. I've put that Mk.III back on auction then and hope manufacturers/resellers won't rise the prices of (L) guns some happy day.

Really can't imaginge why MA did this change, but i guess this has been dicussed already when it happened, i arrived kinda late here.

You sorta answered your own question there. If the (L) economy is to float as it exists now, it can't be possible for everyone to max the old unlimited weapons in any reasonable time. I hope that when they have grown up the SIB weapons to overshadow the old unlimiteds, they will crank the SIB effect so that it's possible to skill faster.

I dont have to be lvl 100, lvl 90 would be enough to get a decent dammage and hit interval. Maybe lvl 80 or 75 is enough to beat the L upmark

Instead of spending 100k on skills you could just get one of those UnL versions of an L wep. Your eco will be about the same as the ubers and you will have put in less time to get there. Of course this is coming from someone who a long long time ago gave up on lvl 100 due to the fact that 100-200 peds a week in ammo gets ya no where fast.

Instead of spending 100k on skills you could just get one of those UnL versions of an L wep. Your eco will be about the same as the ubers and you will have put in less time to get there. Of course this is coming from someone who a long long time ago gave up on lvl 100 due to the fact that 100-200 peds a week in ammo gets ya no where fast.

true.. by checking entropiatools u can see that UL korss 400+a106 has better eco than a completely maxed out MKV+a106 for example.. pretty sad, it would cost u a several hundred K's to get to lvl 100 hit & dmg (+10k for the gun lol) and the ul korss 400 costs like what, 40k? :rolleyes:
ohh, about ~10 more avg dps for the MKV :p

true.. by checking entropiatools u can see that UL korss 400+a106 has better eco than a completely maxed out MKV+a106 for example.. pretty sad, it would cost u a several hundred K's to get to lvl 100 hit & dmg (+10k for the gun lol) and the ul korss 400 costs like what, 40k? :rolleyes:
ohh, about ~10 more avg dps for the MKV :p

The MKV is just an EP41 with more range, almost same dps and same eco.

Unlimmiteds will beat L with higher eco.

The MKV is just an EP41 with more range, almost same dps and same eco.

Unlimmiteds will beat L with higher eco.

Yes, that was kind of my point..MKV is an avg eco old school gun and even as lvl 100 hit & dmg u will need adj/imp/mod old school weapons to beat the eco on many of the new unlimited guns..

Hi,
from what i've read there was a change in skill mechanics a while ago, which makes skillgains past 5k very slow.

And unfortunately i start to feel that myself: i have around 3.6k in rifle now, in order to get 1 point, i need to shoot roughly around 1k ammo (using maxed isis 32L+ 105).
And together with Laser Weapon Technology, Rifl seems to be the skill growing the fastest, compare to all the other skills that contribute to hit/dmg profession (some of the attributes show almost no change after a 10k ammo hunt @ 2-3k).

Thanks in advance for any info on this issue.

Relax. By the time you will reach 100. level, the level needed to make profit on new uber weapons will be 200 :)

you will hit lvl 100 if you take in entropia like me and many others have done. make it a hobby, something you want to spend time on. just playing on weekends wont do if you wanna get there in one lifetime.

I try to play all my free time, and Im always out skilling, sometimes I might be in peaks playing around in the ring ^^ but I would go nuts if I didn't do that.

try to stick to one mob all the time and at the same area aswell. then you will learn when there is good lootperiods and you will also learn how to hunt that spawn. I hunt argos south of nymph and I have learnd some tricks by now.

It's really a pity that everybody sees the speed of light as a barrier.
Just because one can not travel fast than light does not mean one can not arrive sooner than than light.
A lot simply forgot who first talked of "hyperspace" and "higher dimensions" (Burkhard Heim).
Same is possible here...
Just because only ESIs drop does no meant there are not filled ones out there.
Filled Impant with a TT of 1000 Ped ?!
Would not even be an ATH.
Does anyone really know it is not hidden in one of those poor creatures stuck in trees or spaceships ?
:D
I am optimistic...as soon as the Cryengine come and the new planets (and with them more new users the system can handle), MA can work more on the tweaking and fine tuning. Right now it would only make sens for a relative small user base which would a mayor re-balancing afterwards.

(using maxed isis 32L+ 105).
QUOTE]

lol with a maxed isis you will not get SIB so you gain skill less fast :)

Not less fast as normal, just after SIB is done you gain just as fast as any other unlimmited/maxed L gun.

Some people say that you skill faster with unlimmited guns than with maxed L guns, but thats just related to DPS and costs etc.

Haven't used Doer's brilliant little tool to give exact approximation (lol), but looks like another 5 years :). Based purely on TT value of skills - i expect the unlocks will help.

What's scary is my initial estimates tell me i won't have quickness by that time :eek:

And well... in afk mode i would easily earn 10 times the amount required to chip in to lvl100 in 5 years.

Guess that's why people chip.

U need 2 find some 1 that was fisrt in the game...:silly2::silly2::silly2:

Yep it is.

Anything is possible. And for you nerds or geeks that want to say well not anything is possible. SHUT UP and let me give my 2 pec. :D Make sure you :topic:

Now get out there and

SKILL SKILL SKILL

Or is it

CHIP CHIP CHIP?
:yay: :wtg:

Back