The Truth of the Auction

Status

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
Ok,
as has been stated and supported I was held up in a hotel since the afternoon of the auction. No power, no email or internet and my phone was dead. I was powerless.

GW tried calling me a few times and left me a voice mail but I couldn't call him on my cell phone because it was an international call and not part of my plan. I have since sent him an email letting him know what happened.

Look people, I know you all want me to be your dishonest and greedy villain, but the way so many of you jump to conclusions about me is beyond my ability to understand.

#1. Every aspect of that auction took place as instructed by GW. Everything to the letter. I was simply the middle man organizing it all and doing the bitch work. Plain and simple. So many of you are mad that things were added or changed in the middle of the auction, welcome to my world. I'm the one standing out here dealing with the chaos as it happens.

#2. The TT+ ruling came a day or two into the sale and even though many posts were made about it, it didn't stop anyone from bidding.After the fact, we now have people upset about it. I did what I could.

#3. I was up until 1am taking bids and nothing came in for a while and I let everyone know that when I get up in the morning, any PM's I get will be included and I'll give everyone some time after to counter. I didn't have much time because half of you were yelling at me about being a few minutes late to the castle, the other half were yelling about me not giving everyone a fair chance. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Can't please everyone but I tried.

#4. Due to the craziness of just handling the weapons and armor at the auction, GW decided to pull the plug on everything else under 1k in PED as there was so much of it that there is no way it could have all been handled practically, especially with everyone barking about how they wanted everything that minute. This burned me and you. I spent countless hours over 7 days updating countless bids on things that were just friggin wiped from the auction. Not to mention itemizing each item and researching their approx values. I worked on this sale for almost two weeks. I did everything I could to keep it well organized and heavily marketed. The fact is, it was too much stuff to deal with all at once. Too many people are far too impatient and everyone wanted what they bid on at the same time.

#5. Mid day Sunday, my power goes out and I'm left powerless. My family and I slept in a burning up room with candles everywhere. I was worried about the auction, about YOU, and about my agents who earned something I couldn't give them because I couldn't get into the game. I was worried of exactly what did happen might. Everyone running around the forums flaming me like a mass murderer.

#6. What have I learned from this experience?
A. There are people in the EU community who are simply only out for themselves and will exploit any and all loopholes they can find to put you in a bad spot.
B.There are so many two faced snakes in EU that I feel like I need a bath after reading these forums or logging out of the game.
C. People will believe what they want about you regardless of facts and most are too lazy or simply too careless to find the fact to begin with.
D. Almost everyone in EU has an agenda.
E. Don't hold auctions for an entire estate, it's too much stuff to manage.
F. Don't hold auctions out of game for items worth less than 1,000 PED.
G. Any future sales of this size needs to be ran the way I WANT TO RUN them and not the client. If they aren't willing to follow my rules for the sale, don't have it and let them find someone else. The money isn't worth the trouble or headaches.
H. Everyone in EU is a reseller whether they admit it publicly or not.
I. Those who point the finger most have the most to hide.

Could this sale have been run differently? Absofrikkinlutely.
Were mistakes made? Yup.
Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really. I tried to do my best. Many people got some great things but in the end, the crazed mob of people demanding things on the spot and creating chaos or people simply there to cause trouble ruined it for the rest, including me.

Of course, I'm taking the heat because I'm the EF villain and there just isn't anything I can do about that. I've done nothing but discuss ideas and work my tale off but that doesn't matter here. What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here.

I'm going to continue on, doing what I'm doing and if it works, great, and if not, so be it. But I'm not giving up and I'm going to use what I've learned to establish a better service. The flamers, haters and trolls simply don't have to use my service. Those people that do are more than welcome but know that some things are going to be changing.

You will verify who you are and that you have what you say you have.
You will do things my way and abide by the rules of EHC. I won't be used as a front man to get your job done just because I'm still a bit new while pissing off a mob of people.

As for whats left of the Castle and Items. GW is looking for 450k for everything left over. I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet but hopefully tomorrow I will and we may be able to make arrangements for some of you that are wanting to get your items.

Other than that, I'm back home, family is fine and everyone is getting new roofs and cleaning up the damage.

I've got my flame retardant PJ's on and ready for the fire.

Gnight.

Last edited:
A. There are people in the EU community who are simply only out for themselves and will exploit any and all loopholes they can find to put you in a bad spot.
B.There are so many two faced snakes in EU that I feel like I need a bath after reading these forums or logging out of the game.
C. People will believe what they want about you regardless of facts and most are too lazy or simply too careless to find the fact to begin with.
G. Any future sales of this size needs to be ran the way I WANT TO RUN them and not the client. If they aren't willing to follow my rules for the sale, don't have it and let them find someone else. The money isn't worth the trouble or headaches.
I. Those who point the finger most have the most to hide.

J. Learn about an economy before trying to be such a large part of it. :wise:

I have not been involved in any of this this. I've simply been reading and learning.

It's that last word I suggest you try on for size.

Welcome to Entropia. It's a strange place. Perhaps you'll stick around long enough to understand how and why.

Thank you for your words.

What I meant by that is, so many people here call me a reseller, a scammer, dishonest, greedy etc. The fact is, I'm none of those, yet many who have started threads about me or called me these things are some or all of the above.

One guy who flamed me last week and was defended and supported for it turned up trying to tell me if I cut him in on the deal that he would come here and say good things about me to get my reputation up. Another tries to get buddy buddy with me to work deals only to come here and paint me as some kind of scamming idiot, etc, etc.

I've hid nothing from the EU community and have been torn apart because of it. I know, the way to real success is to lie, cheat, steal and backstab but it's never been my thing and as much as many people here are just WAITING for the opportunity for one of their accusations to stick, so they can parade around with I told you so's all over their sleeves, I'm still not going to hide in the shadows and do dirty deals while screwing someone over.

Talk about burning bridges.. With comments such as

"What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here."

And finally "Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really"

You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members... was there anything u could have done to make it better? sure you could.. to say "not really" passes the blame onto someone other than yourself who was running the auction along with your client.

Your an ingame and forum newbie. Until you realize and accept that and take on a learning role rather than a leading role your ideas will all inevitably crumble due to the lack of a core understanding of what EU is and what it means to those involved with it.

Talk about burning bridges.. With comments such as

"What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here."

And finally "Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really"

You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members... was there anything u could have done to make it better? sure you could.. to say "not really" passes the blame onto someone other than yourself who was running the auction along with your client.

Your an ingame and forum newbie. Until you realize and accept that and take on a learning role rather than a leading role your ideas will all inevitably crumble due to the lack of a core understanding of what EU is and what it means to those involved with it.

As in the real world, there are those who simply don't want to believe the truth and those who can't sleep because they know the truth. I'm telling you how I feel based on my experiences personally. If your experiences lead you to believe differently, then consider yourself lucky and appreciate that.

The world isn't the same for everyone.

#1. Every aspect of that auction took place as instructed by GW. Everything to the letter. I was simply the middle man organizing it all and doing the bitch work. Plain and simple. So many of you are mad that things were added or changed in the middle of the auction, welcome to my world. I'm the one standing out here dealing with the chaos as it happens.

Way to throw your client under the bus. Is this how future clients can expect to be treated if something goes wrong?

i have to give ya props MMA, you took an insane idea (1 mil ped estate auction) and said sure i can do that. most of your haters wouldnt even think about trying to keep up an auction that size. could it have gone better sure but all humans learn as they go. i hope that you continue to learn and adapt and stick around EU/EF.

You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members...

Just becouse you say this, it doesn't mean that it's true.
Don't speak in the name of the whole EU and EF, please.

Welcome back MMA! I hope everything is OK with you and your family.
I know you won't, but... don't give it up!! :)

Asha

You know what Burnsey, GW told me to be honest about how things were ran. He told me to come here and let everyone know so everyone had a better idea as to what was going on.

Would I have come here otherwise and explained? No, I wouldn't have done that. But GW is leaving the game and knows that this hasn't been easy on me in the least and doesn't mind everyone knowing the truth.

GW is a very smart guy and all of the attempts of people who tried to go behind my back badmouthing me to GW trying to work up a direct deal with him only resulted in lets say, my full knowledge of what they were doing. *you know who you are) and then in game acting like my best friend. haha

Burnsey, I know you are Skippies investor and he runs around reselling things with your money and thats all fine and good, but don't even start. I've been pretty well briefed on who people are. I've learned more about many people in EU from this auction than Id almost care to.

I could name names and get a ton of dirt out into the open but it's just not my place. All I'm saying is, people need to stop pointing the finger at me. I'm nowhere near what many of you are and I have no plans on shedding my skin in the near future.

Im attempting to build a fair and honest business and still have never intentionally screwed anyone. The auction didn't go as I'd have liked it but I've learned a lot from it and have become better educated because of it.

Lessons learned and now it's time to move on

What I meant by that is, so many people here call me a reseller, a scammer, dishonest, greedy etc. The fact is, I'm none of those, yet many who have started threads about me or called me these things are some or all of the above.

And yet, you still haven't seemed to ask yourself (or any of us) why that is. To help you, perhaps a quick history lesson is in order.

Due to the nature of this universe, both the RCE and the certain lack of failsafes, we (the Entropia community) have seen our fair share of scammers and rip-off artists. N00bies and ubers are preyed upon every day, in hopes our guard will drop and we give away something valuable without proper compensation.

We simply expect a slick talker and warm smile to be a thief. In this universe, you're guilty until proven innocent, by virtue of your reputation. Basically you came in here without one, and quickly made a bad impression. That perks our "scammer alert" antennae quicker than anything.

Also, MAs "tell nothing. Let them learn on their own." method of running this universe has created a large community of super-spies. If something smells fishy, rest assured the community here will pounce on it and find out every nugget of information we can.

In short, your entry method (and lack of knowledge here) insured you would fail. You had no chance.

As for these "dishonest scammers" in our community you speak of:

Sure, we have some shady folks in our town. Find me a place that doesn't. Funny thing about this place is that someone we might call scammer can just as easily turn around and alert us all to some other thief. Funny huh?

However, scamming was not your downfall, experience was. Specifically your lack of it.

There are quite a few folks in here that could have run that exact auction smoother than grease on linoleum and everyone would have been happy.

Skippie
Mercury
Tzepu
Neomaven
and I can name many more

Any one of them could have pulled off this auction without a hitch. Why?

Simple: They've been around for a long while. They understand this community, the economy and most importantly, they have their reputations, (both good and bad) meaning we know them.

You came busting through the front doors, expecting to tell us how things are run. I'm sorry, but you failed.

I highly suggest that you sit back, experience this universe, and see where you might have made your mistakes.

Last edited:
Every time you have some adversity you throw up your hands and shout 'WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE?!?! ITS THE WHOLE WORLDS FAULT!!'.

Wouldn't the professional thing to do have been to post explaining you were unable to get online because of the hurricane and are now back to settle any unfinished business? Instead you come back and write this long tirade blasting your client, your customers, and the whole community that you continually claim you love so much and want to be a treasured member of.

Thank you for your words.

One guy who flamed me last week and was defended and supported for it turned up trying to tell me if I cut him in on the deal that he would come here and say good things about me to get my reputation up. Another tries to get buddy buddy with me to work deals only to come here and paint me as some kind of scamming idiot, etc, etc.

I've hid nothing from the EU community and have been torn apart because of it. I know, the way to real success is to lie, cheat, steal and backstab but it's never been my thing and as much as many people here are just WAITING for the opportunity for one of their accusations to stick, so they can parade around with I told you so's all over their sleeves, I'm still not going to hide in the shadows and do dirty deals while screwing someone over.

H. Everyone in EU is a reseller whether they admit it publicly or not.I. Those who point the finger most have the most to hide.

Hmm ... 2 edged sword :)

Well two things that i mentioned in the other thread that would have greatly improved the auction are not accepting new bidders in the last day or two and not accepting email bids. The weakest part of the RCE is the connection between real world and virtual world, so it's best to keep it within the virtual world or at least the virtual world and its forum.

I also think a novel and interesting thing considering the scope and scale of this auction would have been to hold a verbal auction the last day, perhaps only admitting those who had already placed bids into the castle to participate. That's not something that has been done before in EU to my knowledge.

I'm glad i got my phantom armor but wish i had also been able to get the plant collection i bid on. At least i ended up with something. :)

Of course, I'm taking the heat because I'm the EF villain and there just isn't anything I can do about that.

Aren't you taking the heat because it was your job to run this sale smoothly and manifestly failed to do so?

Well one things for sure, most successful people in EU are resellers. Nearly all. Just about. I can only name a single one that isn't and I've been here 5 years :p

Nearly someone resold something at some point or other, even though the term wasn't used years ago when they just called it trading.

One things for sure tho, if you're smart you're a reseller. I don't understand why you guys keep flaming the bad ones too, go find Star in a pvp area and tell him how angry you are that hes a reseller. Or Helena, any number of them will do :p

Course there are the oens that more pass as investors cause they hold onto thes stuff for at least a year.

The only mistake I ever made was mining instead of trading more when I could afford uber items :p That and the rig... and pvp3. Ya as unbelievable as it might sound I've actually looted people. I even had a hof in pvp3 off the loot pool (I know cuz it had lots of golden coins that one).

i don't know u but I heard you were new and then u just typed this!!!!

Originally Posted by mmabigshow
"#4. Due to the craziness of just handling the weapons and armor at the auction, GW decided to pull the plug on everything else under 1k in PED as there was so much of it that there is no way it could have all been handled practically, especially with everyone barking about how they wanted everything that minute. This burned me and you. I spent countless hours over 7 days updating countless bids on things that were just friggin wiped from the auction. Not to mention itemizing each item and researching their approx values. I worked on this sale for almost two weeks. I did everything I could to keep it well organized and heavily marketed. The fact is, it was too much stuff to deal with all at once. Too many people are far too impatient and everyone wanted what they bid on at the same time."

LOL Two weeks.. I been here for 3 years and i update on prices everyday and still don't know everything or a 10th.. I wish in two weeks i could learn everything about every single item you were attempting to sell.. lol such a joke... even in RL that would be hard.. Not to mention in this game most items and prices arnt always public....!!!!!!

welcome back and good luck to you.

Aren't you taking the heat because it was your job to run this sale smoothly and manifestly failed to do so?

Well imo he did a poor job - do you call that auction smooth????

Come on!!!!

mma blew it and now he is sad... Well you failed to organize a large auction - you didnt think things through - and now you are trying to buy thuth here on EntropiaForum?

In before the lock

Reactions: dj.
What a joke

LOL u sooo inocent? Grow up kiddo:laugh:
So much job? Did u think u could sit back and earn ur money with out work?
I better stop here rofl:laugh:

Usual :bs: about how everyone is to blame and Mr BS is completely blame free I see.

"Poor me, I had a lot of work to do for my 60,000 peds you know!" Based on claim that he got 6% of 1 Mil ped - probably :bs: too.

:popcorn:

Moral of the story - Don't organise events you cannot handle. :rolleyes:

Burnsey, I know you are Skippies investor and he runs around reselling things with your money and thats all fine and good, but don't even start. I've been pretty well briefed on who people are. I've learned more about many people in EU from this auction than Id almost care to.

well i wasn't going to post here because i felt it was a waste of my time. i still do, but i'm gonna post anyway. i'll try to keep it brief. you told us several times over the past few weeks that you didn't care who we were, how long we played eu, what we knew about the game, the market or anything else. infact, bro, i heard you ever single time you let us know just how little you cared about anything but running your brokerage service and making some peds.

burnsey and i are partners. the way you paint what we do means you are without the ability to understand our business in eu and our business model.

in the past two weeks, you have run one of the messiest, convoluted excuses for an auction. posting dramatically around every turn. changing your business model and current plan of action sometimes on a daily basis and leaving a lot of pissed off ppl in your wake. and now you come here to bash your client, a gem of a guy imo, to try and save face.

let me explain to you what burnsey & boobie's has done for our clients during the same time frame:

1. located and purchased a male full eon w/o feet for a buyer that was trying to complete his set for almost two years.
2. sold off that eon buyer's shad/eon mix in parts mainly to another buyer looking to put together an uber set of pk and hunting armor.
3. negotiated a price for and sold an unl x5 to a buyer for a looter.
4. then spent the budget that seller had to procure an adj fap, and i2870 and a jaguar armor all in one day.
5. procured a rockjacker mentor edition and sold that to a buyer. buyer needed four days due to a bank transfer. the item was stowed and held for the buyer to get his peds in game and then delivered at his agreed to price.
6. located and purchased an unl bicak blix for a buyer.
7. located and purchased an ml35 for a buyer.
8. loacted and purchased a full female eon for a buyer.
9. sold that buyer's i2870 to make way for that eon purchase.
10. located and sold an unl t10 to a buyer, a buyer that hit an ath tonight after playing for almost 4 years. (gratz loki)
11. placed a new shop owner into the atlantis mall at a price 4k lower than any potential seller is currently asking for a Large shop there.
12. located and purchased a fap 90 for a client.
13. located a mod fap, secured that fap, and then waited two weeks while that buyer readied his peds to pay the amount necessary to move from imp to mod fap.
14. located and purchased 4 tiger parts for a buyer.
15. sold a MM to a new buyer.
16. sold another MM to a second buyer.
17. helped that second MM buyer sell off his imk2 to get his mod fap out of twin bank within one week of using it to finance his MM purchase.
18. put a buyer of an unl firefly and a seller together for a successful negotiaton and purchase.
19. assisted in the marketing of another imk2 that was sold to another buyer.
20. provided peds for items several times for ppl that needed immediate peds for a purchase.

the only difference between what we do and what you do is, we get things done. ppl are happy. we secure all trades so that there is 0% chance of something going horribly astray. we are approached on a daily basis by ppl looking to buy and sell their items, trade their items and quite frankly, we fix hard to solve problems for ppl as they attempt to reach their goals in eu. you would have to look long and hard to find a person involved in the 20 trades mentioned above that we have accomplished that has a problem with the service they received. in every aspect of your 3 ring circus that was the castle sale, i am not sure if i can find one satisfied customer. where are the 20 threads from our customers accusing us of misdoings? where are the unsatisfied buyers and sellers that did not get exactly what they were promised by us? why do you think that is or do you simply not care?

to say that burnsey is my investor and that i run around reselling for him is not only insulting, but it just further shows to me that you do not understand the marketplace and community that makes up eu. i am glad you have been briefed as to who ppl are. you've told me you didn't care who we were and i believe you. i just wonder who is briefing the briefers and why you continue to make ridiculous statements about what burnsey and i actually do in this game. we do not compete with you, mma. infact, we spent a little over 131k of business with you last weekend. the commission you earned should be about 4k peds on the business that we conducted with your client. that makes us a client of your service. thank you for treating us so aptly as a valued customer. i sincerely hope to never be in a position again where i have to contact you on behalf of one of our clients.

good luck and good hofs.

There are two types of entropia investors.

The ones that invest in gear they need , and play the game contributing to the loot pool , social networks and so on, maybe gaining some peds from
stuff growing in value over time.

Then we have the ones who only looks at Entropia as yet another stock market , just buy and sell , all for profit to bring out from EU boundaries.

The second is not very popular in EU.

Hang around for a few years , play the game , evolve your avatar and learn about how things work, then you would have a better chace of beeing accepted when it comes to buisness relationships.

Regards

ermik

why is everyone hating this guy?

I havent read any posts here except for the op.. as I understand it hes working for other ppl in this game..... is he satan or what.. I just wanna decide if I want in on the hating of if theres just a bunch of forum trolls here who soon gonna leave the game anyway because they get crappy loot with their oversized guns and no brain activity... so pls can someone gimme a quick update about the op.

All this story is over rated. Mma u wanted to do too big for a very basic sale thread. No mater if its 1 million peds or not lol. A deal is a deal.

Here is the correct sale thread:

"Hello im mmabigshow and GW hired my sevice to sale his assets. The following items are for sale:

Casstle : SB> 45.000 peds

ML 35 : SB> 20.000 peds

ML 35 ME : SB> 35.000 peds

Happy biding !"

No need agents, no need bs on community forum, no need appologize.

I'm confused ...
The thread title says buying - but it's in the selling forum.

:popcorn:

Well imo he did a poor job - do you call that auction smooth????

Come on!!!!

mma blew it and now he is sad... Well you failed to organize a large auction - you didnt think things through - and now you are trying to buy thuth here on EntropiaForum?

In before the lock

He didn `t fail the organize anything.

The auction went thru. Not perfectly but it did.
When the seller changes things a lot is a pain to try and keep up. This is one of the mistakes MMA did I think, as he realized in the thread he just created. He should have forced the seller to play by his rules.
I had a bid on a throne(piece of furniture), which was very close to the asking price. GW didn `t wanna sell it when I wanted to trade. My client wanted a shopkeeper which was put on sale also. GW changed his mind about selling it at the castle, as he just realized he needed it :laugh:. So again to all, actually 5-6 posters I keep seeing over `n over :), seller had his share of guilt also.
MMA is also right about resellers and 2 faced snakes, so don `t try to make another big case of "MMA`s insults". This community is full of them.
This guy is hot tempered in many cases, but means well and always speaks his mind, even if his mind might not be always right on target. He may need a filter in few cases, but I prefer his type over the hyprocrites I see in life day by day.

Last edited:
He didn `t fail the organize anything.

The auction went thru. Not perfectly but it did.
When the seller changes things a lot is a pain to try and keep up. This is one of the mistakes MMA did I think, as he realized in the thread he just created. He should have forced the buyer to play by his rules.
I had a bid on a throne(piece of furniture), which was very close to the asking price. GW didn `t wanna sell it when I wanted to trade. My client wanted a shopkeeper which was put on sale also. GW changed his mind about selling it at the castle, as he just realized he needed it :laugh:. So again to all, actually 5-6 posters I keep seeing over `n over :), seller had his share of guilt also.
MMA is also right about resellers and 2 faced snakes, so don `t try to make another big case of "MMA`s insults". This community is full of them.
This guy is hot tempered in many cases, but means well and always speaks his mind, even if his mind might not be always right on target. He may need a filter in few cases, but I prefer his type over the hyprocrites I see in life day by day.

this one sounds good.. this is mostly what I think aswell.

Status
Back