PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MMA Big Show
    Images

Angry The Truth of the Auction

Ok,
    as has been stated and supported I was held up in a hotel since the afternoon of the auction. No power, no email or internet and my phone was dead. I was powerless.

GW tried calling me a few times and left me a voice mail but I couldn't call him on my cell phone because it was an international call and not part of my plan. I have since sent him an email letting him know what happened.

Look people, I know you all want me to be your dishonest and greedy villain, but the way so many of you jump to conclusions about me is beyond my ability to understand.

#1. Every aspect of that auction took place as instructed by GW. Everything to the letter. I was simply the middle man organizing it all and doing the bitch work. Plain and simple. So many of you are mad that things were added or changed in the middle of the auction, welcome to my world. I'm the one standing out here dealing with the chaos as it happens.

#2. The TT+ ruling came a day or two into the sale and even though many posts were made about it, it didn't stop anyone from bidding.After the fact, we now have people upset about it. I did what I could.

#3. I was up until 1am taking bids and nothing came in for a while and I let everyone know that when I get up in the morning, any PM's I get will be included and I'll give everyone some time after to counter. I didn't have much time because half of you were yelling at me about being a few minutes late to the castle, the other half were yelling about me not giving everyone a fair chance. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Can't please everyone but I tried.

#4. Due to the craziness of just handling the weapons and armor at the auction, GW decided to pull the plug on everything else under 1k in PED as there was so much of it that there is no way it could have all been handled practically, especially with everyone barking about how they wanted everything that minute. This burned me and you. I spent countless hours over 7 days updating countless bids on things that were just friggin wiped from the auction. Not to mention itemizing each item and researching their approx values. I worked on this sale for almost two weeks. I did everything I could to keep it well organized and heavily marketed. The fact is, it was too much stuff to deal with all at once. Too many people are far too impatient and everyone wanted what they bid on at the same time.

#5. Mid day Sunday, my power goes out and I'm left powerless. My family and I slept in a burning up room with candles everywhere. I was worried about the auction, about YOU, and about my agents who earned something I couldn't give them because I couldn't get into the game. I was worried of exactly what did happen might. Everyone running around the forums flaming me like a mass murderer.

#6. What have I learned from this experience?
    A. There are people in the EU community who are simply only out for themselves and will exploit any and all loopholes they can find to put you in a bad spot.
    B.There are so many two faced snakes in EU that I feel like I need a bath after reading these forums or logging out of the game.
    C. People will believe what they want about you regardless of facts and most are too lazy or simply too careless to find the fact to begin with.
    D. Almost everyone in EU has an agenda.
    E. Don't hold auctions for an entire estate, it's too much stuff to manage.
    F. Don't hold auctions out of game for items worth less than 1,000 PED.
    G. Any future sales of this size needs to be ran the way I WANT TO RUN them and not the client. If they aren't willing to follow my rules for the sale, don't have it and let them find someone else. The money isn't worth the trouble or headaches.
    H. Everyone in EU is a reseller whether they admit it publicly or not.
    I. Those who point the finger most have the most to hide.

Could this sale have been run differently? Absofrikkinlutely.
    Were mistakes made? Yup.
    Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really. I tried to do my best. Many people got some great things but in the end, the crazed mob of people demanding things on the spot and creating chaos or people simply there to cause trouble ruined it for the rest, including me.

Of course, I'm taking the heat because I'm the EF villain and there just isn't anything I can do about that. I've done nothing but discuss ideas and work my tale off but that doesn't matter here. What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here.

I'm going to continue on, doing what I'm doing and if it works, great, and if not, so be it. But I'm not giving up and I'm going to use what I've learned to establish a better service. The flamers, haters and trolls simply don't have to use my service. Those people that do are more than welcome but know that some things are going to be changing.

You will verify who you are and that you have what you say you have.
    You will do things my way and abide by the rules of EHC. I won't be used as a front man to get your job done just because I'm still a bit new while pissing off a mob of people.

As for whats left of the Castle and Items. GW is looking for 450k for everything left over. I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet but hopefully tomorrow I will and we may be able to make arrangements for some of you that are wanting to get your items.

Other than that, I'm back home, family is fine and everyone is getting new roofs and cleaning up the damage.

I've got my flame retardant PJ's on and ready for the fire.

Gnight.
    Last edited by mmabigshow; 09-17-2008 at 02:26.
    www.mmabigshow.com Watch my new TV show!
    JasonAppleton.com Fight Promoter, Fighter Manager & Family Man

Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Teacher Capital
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmabigshow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #6. What have I learned from this experience?
    A. There are people in the EU community who are simply only out for themselves and will exploit any and all loopholes they can find to put you in a bad spot.
    B.There are so many two faced snakes in EU that I feel like I need a bath after reading these forums or logging out of the game.
    C. People will believe what they want about you regardless of facts and most are too lazy or simply too careless to find the fact to begin with.
    D. Almost everyone in EU has an agenda.
    E. Don't hold auctions for an entire estate, it's too much stuff to manage.
    F. Don't hold auctions out of game for items worth less than 1,000 PED.
    G. Any future sales of this size needs to be ran the way I WANT TO RUN them and not the client. If they aren't willing to follow my rules for the sale, don't have it and let them find someone else. The money isn't worth the trouble or headaches.
    I. Those who point the finger most have the most to hide.
    J. Learn about an economy before trying to be such a large part of it.

I have not been involved in any of this this. I've simply been reading and learning.

It's that last word I suggest you try on for size.

Welcome to Entropia. It's a strange place. Perhaps you'll stick around long enough to understand how and why.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MMA Big Show
    Images
    Thank you for your words.

What I meant by that is, so many people here call me a reseller, a scammer, dishonest, greedy etc. The fact is, I'm none of those, yet many who have started threads about me or called me these things are some or all of the above.

One guy who flamed me last week and was defended and supported for it turned up trying to tell me if I cut him in on the deal that he would come here and say good things about me to get my reputation up. Another tries to get buddy buddy with me to work deals only to come here and paint me as some kind of scamming idiot, etc, etc.

I've hid nothing from the EU community and have been torn apart because of it. I know, the way to real success is to lie, cheat, steal and backstab but it's never been my thing and as much as many people here are just WAITING for the opportunity for one of their accusations to stick, so they can parade around with I told you so's all over their sleeves, I'm still not going to hide in the shadows and do dirty deals while screwing someone over.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ricko Mojo Suave
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Talk about burning bridges.. With comments such as

"What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here."

And finally "Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really"

You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members... was there anything u could have done to make it better? sure you could.. to say "not really" passes the blame onto someone other than yourself who was running the auction along with your client.

Your an ingame and forum newbie. Until you realize and accept that and take on a learning role rather than a leading role your ideas will all inevitably crumble due to the lack of a core understanding of what EU is and what it means to those involved with it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MMA Big Show
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Parasiteone View Post
    Talk about burning bridges.. With comments such as

"What matters here is public image. Honesty, integrity, openness, morality, all not important to too many people here."

And finally "Was there anything I could have done to make it better? Not really"

You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members... was there anything u could have done to make it better? sure you could.. to say "not really" passes the blame onto someone other than yourself who was running the auction along with your client.

Your an ingame and forum newbie. Until you realize and accept that and take on a learning role rather than a leading role your ideas will all inevitably crumble due to the lack of a core understanding of what EU is and what it means to those involved with it.
    As in the real world, there are those who simply don't want to believe the truth and those who can't sleep because they know the truth. I'm telling you how I feel based on my experiences personally. If your experiences lead you to believe differently, then consider yourself lucky and appreciate that.

The world isn't the same for everyone.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    The one percent
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmabigshow View Post

#1. Every aspect of that auction took place as instructed by GW. Everything to the letter. I was simply the middle man organizing it all and doing the bitch work. Plain and simple. So many of you are mad that things were added or changed in the middle of the auction, welcome to my world. I'm the one standing out here dealing with the chaos as it happens.
    Way to throw your client under the bus. Is this how future clients can expect to be treated if something goes wrong?
    "It´s like I am in PE purgatory..." -Xerxes

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jason Centech Tanner
    Society
    BAHQ4LIFE!!!
    Images
    Do we get our present now?
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! \o/
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! \o/
    I LOVE MINDARK!!! \o/
    I LOVE NEOMAVEN!!! \o/

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Eron TheCaptain Smith
    Society
    Former SR
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have to give ya props MMA, you took an insane idea (1 mil ped estate auction) and said sure i can do that. most of your haters wouldnt even think about trying to keep up an auction that size. could it have gone better sure but all humans learn as they go. i hope that you continue to learn and adapt and stick around EU/EF.

"Eron would be much less of a hassle if only he were mortal."
    —Reyhan, Samite alchemist
    -//- Former Supremacy Reign -//-
    -//- Strength and Honor -//- EU Born 1-23-2k6 -//-
    Try out Dropbox

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Asha Asha Vevila
    Society
    Free
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Parasiteone View Post
    You have practically destroyed any chance of having any respect from EU and EF members...
    Just becouse you say this, it doesn't mean that it's true.
    Don't speak in the name of the whole EU and EF, please.

Welcome back MMA! I hope everything is OK with you and your family.
    I know you won't, but... don't give it up!!

Asha

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MMA Big Show
    Images
    You know what Burnsey, GW told me to be honest about how things were ran. He told me to come here and let everyone know so everyone had a better idea as to what was going on.

Would I have come here otherwise and explained? No, I wouldn't have done that. But GW is leaving the game and knows that this hasn't been easy on me in the least and doesn't mind everyone knowing the truth.

GW is a very smart guy and all of the attempts of people who tried to go behind my back badmouthing me to GW trying to work up a direct deal with him only resulted in lets say, my full knowledge of what they were doing. *you know who you are) and then in game acting like my best friend. haha

Burnsey, I know you are Skippies investor and he runs around reselling things with your money and thats all fine and good, but don't even start. I've been pretty well briefed on who people are. I've learned more about many people in EU from this auction than Id almost care to.

I could name names and get a ton of dirt out into the open but it's just not my place. All I'm saying is, people need to stop pointing the finger at me. I'm nowhere near what many of you are and I have no plans on shedding my skin in the near future.

Im attempting to build a fair and honest business and still have never intentionally screwed anyone. The auction didn't go as I'd have liked it but I've learned a lot from it and have become better educated because of it.

Lessons learned and now it's time to move on

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast