The Truth of the Auction

Status
If you had spend more than 10 min , to check how used player run auction in forum , all that mess would have been avoid...

Main problem , is you did run a very very big auction like if you was an expert , and you was total noob , not yet even abel to sell 1k of ME without problem...

What ever your clien did , buyer , seller , and all what all the EU comon ass did and say ... the only coupable of the mess its you.

You did subscribe for olimpic maraton before you did learn to walk...no wonder the course was a fiasco...

Yes , EU is full of people with agenda , scamer , liar , and ever... EU is not paridise full of pinky cute rabbit...
EU is mess , evryone strive to survive , and will ecitate to walk on your head , if that help them one way or an other...But thats the simple rule 01 of EU ...

If you did spend 10 min to speak with som old player you would be aware of that problem...

Ok ... instead of blaming all the community for your faults u should try and address the issues (take them to PM dont trash the forum with your problems)... if u have any idea of selling u should have known how to deal with customers instead of that u are blaming all the community that they did not fall to it's knees in front of "BigShow" (Note: U did not prove anything until now except that u are a poor business man)

And again u should know by blaming some ppl u are closing yourself some doors and that is not good for your business but then again u have no clue of how they are done

HINT: your "spoiled brat" attitude and "everyone is against me" posts are not helping u

the one thing that made me lol (more than the piss poor organisation) is

Ok,
GW tried calling me a few times and left me a voice mail but I couldn't call him on my cell phone because it was an international call and not part of my plan. I have since sent him an email letting him know what happened.

so ur organising a internatinal auction of approx $100k... and u didnt think u might need to make a call? wow

and on top of this fiasco u didnt even call the dude back. u mess up his sale and then decide a email is sufficient

thats piss poor, it really is.

the one thing that made me lol (more than the piss poor organisation) is

so ur organising a internatinal auction of approx $100k... and u didnt think u might need to make a call? wow

and on top of this fiasco u didnt even call the dude back. u mess up his sale and then decide a email is sufficient

thats piss poor, it really is.

MMA brought customers to GW Wood. MMA`s sale was a succes in terms of hits, people that were aware of the auction. Advertised both ingame and via banner on EF. So buyers have been rounded up at the castle. GW wood picked up the offers that suited him, and he also turned down many of them as he saw fit. This is why no bulk deal offer was accepted. No item sold for crap peds. GW only had to gain of this, he didn `t lose anything. He sold the items on which he got the price he wanted(in pretty short time), got maximum advertisement, and still has some left for a next sale.

when he starts like that i think he refers to us all not just to some ... if he is not then he has some writing issues

Yeah, not wisest choice of words, when he actually refers to a handful of people. But maybe wisdom is not his strong point. haha

Like IRL you will step on peoples toes if your after the big cash.

if you want friends be a average joe.

if you want cash be heartless and dedecate all your time to it.

your trying to make money from other players and thats not very apretiated here.

to bad nameing is illegal here there are alot of ppl who walked this line before you, and they all failed to continue there "service"

to be honest i dont like you from what ive seen and read... i know not even 50% are true but if 10% are thats enough for me.

One thing I know for certain is that I would not wanted to take on the task of auctioning such a large estate... Mma showed some balls for stepping up to the plate in the first place.

His first and main mistake was not knowing enough about this place before attempting to take such a prominent place in it. As others have said your path in this world can be made or broken on the reputation you earn here, and a good reputation takes longer to build than any recent arrival would initially suspect... A bad reputation can be constructed with just one mistake...

Someone on this forum has the following as a siggie:

"Good judgement Comes from Experience...
... Experience comes from Bad judgement."

I strongly suspect that Mma has learned more about EU in his first month here than I did in my first month...

I suspect, and hope, and Mma will continue with his EU career having learned all sorts of valuable lesson from this whole debacle. Many of us have learned valuable lessons too...

The next large estate auction of this type will go Alot more smoothly...

Gday All,

Hey MMA you get some Kudo's for trying but I am not sure how u come back from this.....

Next time dont go for the throat, start at the knees.... start your career as a broker of ubers (round here you earn your titles not make them) by doing small sales well then research the best method to execute such a large sale that would obviously pull in the big names and veteran bidders. You did yourself no favours with such a short time in the game...no one knew you, you gotta go kick it with the crowds and they will dictate how you are perceived.

I was lie low for a while....maybe do some research in past threads, watch other auctions and admit that you may have got it wrong, pissing and moaning it wasnt your fault adds months onto trying to resurrect your rep mate. Suck it up, take it on the chin and expect it to be a while before anyone jumps in on your auction but dont give up as everyone deserves a second chance...EVERYONE. Like I said take a back seat and maybe do some small deals. The idea was good...but....well you see the threads mate.

Good luck

Bags

I havent read any posts here except for the op.. as I understand it hes working for other ppl in this game..... is he satan or what.. I just wanna decide if I want in on the hating of if theres just a bunch of forum trolls here who soon gonna leave the game anyway because they get crappy loot with their oversized guns and no brain activity... so pls can someone gimme a quick update about the op.

Try reading through maybe half his post/threads .... youll get a good :laugh:

... And some invaluable info as well :)

OMG he called me a reseller WTF:holyshit:

Even if I had nothing to do with bidding on this sale but I have been watching it....after all wouldnt we all like a castle.

But I am feeling quite insulted by all of the statements that OP has made about the community as a whole...

I am a part of this wonderful community and just like everyone else I am going to take your very general public comments as personal attacks.

Everyone in this Universe and Forum is an individual and I am sure that I am not the only one who didnt appreciate being labelled a reseller along with many other statements made by the OP.

My mother always said
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt.....

In future when things go bad bite the bullet....
but dont shoot your mouth off!!

ok first of all this doesnt belong in a sales thread at all... He isnt buying or selling anything but seeking knowlagde. So this thread really should be closed.

Or deleted - that seems to happen alot with what he posts here...

Second of all - if he is such a good contractor then he should have gotten everything down on paper and signed. I sure would if it was me handling all these expensive items.

If that was done then there wouldnt be any doubts. Then he could have posted a start bid on all items, clearly stating that all bid below the SB would not be accepted instead of leaving people in doubt.

He could have had a precise end time and clearly state AND upholding the idea that no bid on an item over x k peds would be allowed with a raise below X amount of peds. Then Skippie wouldnt have had to post his long post and alot of other people wouldnt have been upset.

Accepting hidden bids will always allow scammers and false bids to take place. Why not just do things in the open instead of all that other bs?

As earlier stated then read up on how other sales have been handled. Sales with expensive posts.

Listen to what Skippie tries to tell - he have had this kind of business before and done very well. I have even used him for that kind before - even though it was for lower end items.

IF you really want to do this - then make sure that the one selling REALLY wants to sell. In rl you dont start selling stuff unless you know its for sale. Out in rl you can be held to that and have to hand over an item for the promised price. Even if the original seller withraws. That is your problem - not the seller or the buyers. It is up to you to have the things sorted out before the whole thing starts.

All I can say is that you really have to get to know the people in entropia if you intend to sell other stuff. Otherwise people will only remember you for the last 2 threads - the one being closed and deleted and now this one...

plain and simple: all this, you figure it now?! wellcome to EU. ;)

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing you dump your threads in the wrong places MMA. Countless times have the mods closed your threads or moved them.

In my own opinion a member should have a number of strikes in relation to posting in wrong areas and mislabelling titles such as 'Buying' & 'Selling', and if those number of strikes are reached, that member should get a temp ban if not worse for the sake of the mods if anything.

On another note "Grabs Popcorn"

~Tracer

MmaBigShow, is there any way you could conduct business without involving all entropiaforum readers?

You already stated in another thread you wasnt here because of power failure. I already thought that that thread didn't belong in general discussion.
Imagine what entropiaforum would look like, if we all commented in public on why our deal went sour, or why we all weren't here when we were supposed to be.
You are not more important then the rest of us. You do not need to take everything in public.
You could have simply pm'ed the buyers and dealt with it there.

MMA.. I don't know or care how you do business in RL.
Buts sadly obvious you could fuck up an EU wet dream
I sure your next castle sale will go smoother :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, I didn't play ANY role in this whole mess; however the OP post about everyone being a reseller etc. got me involved.
In more than 2 years of playing... I did not sell a single item that I've bought from someone else, not in auction, not TT, not any other way. Of course, as you can imagine, I'm not an uber in any shape of form, but that comment was felt as an insult.

Pleas learn the first and most basic skill in dealing with other people: it's called People Skills.

Thank you for your input.

I've re-opened the thread.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Those of you with items you still need to complete transactions on for over 1,000 PED in value can meet GW and I Sunday at 9am EST at the Castle.

Thank you.

Those of you with items you still need to complete transactions on for over 1,000 PED in value can meet GW and I Sunday at 9am EST at the Castle.

Thank you.

For everyone in the rest of the world, I think this is 13:00 MA time :)

Thank you for your input.

I've re-opened the thread.

Enjoy.

OMG!!!

PLZ JUST GET OUT!

This forum was actually a better place before you came.

Now you make a descussion post in Trading section, so that you can open and close this post as people confront you.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :D

I truly think that he needs to find out what he actually wants...

Open, closed, open - what will be the next?

Withdrawing the items?

Well no matter what gl with the sales - but wrong thread to open I guess...

Dude, please learn to use MA time. You only need to figure it out once.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ refers to New York being EDT, and other parts of the USA being CDT and PDT, and EST is Sydney Australian Time.

If you mean EST as NY time, you are 4 hours behind MA (UTC) time. ;)

Can someone give me cliff notes please? I just operated some killer flights and I cba sifting through the post :D

i am your buddie, but i expect that you call my name with the other buddies, otherwise, im not your guy anymore. :laugh:

D. Almost everyone in EU has an agenda.

Hrm... looked in a mirror lately? :D

H. Everyone in EU is a reseller whether they admit it publicly or not.

That comment is just utterly stupid :scratch2:

If you didn't end every fscking post with "flame blah blah" crap, maybe you wouldn't get people to flame you?

Status
Back