FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
Gonna be a tad contraversial here, but what the hell is the point in taming ingame?

Get a cat, a dog, a lizard.

We play games for the things we can't have IRL right? space travel, mindforce powers. crafting skills. The ability to kill stuff than when, IRL, we can't even litter without a ticket.

Pets meh. I can't see the attraction.

We need robots and beacons and stupidass shit that we cannot do IRL.

Yes, I know, some of my socmates will disagree, but then, I am in a good soc, so I welcome it;)

Gonna be a tad contraversial here, but what the hell is the point in taming ingame?

We play games for the things we can't have IRL right? space travel, mindforce powers. crafting skills. The ability to kill stuff than when, IRL, we can't even litter without a ticket.

Yes, I know, some of my socmates will disagree, but then, I am in a good soc, so I welcome it;)

Its fun and alot more challenging than hunting. It gives nice defensive skills and mele related. Taming a daikiba stalker takes all you got. And pets are good advertising tool for buisness.

None of your arguments make sense. Get a dog!

Taming is the least of our worries, since we can do this IRL.

Find a better answer. TT the whip, and look for other gaming soutions to your problems.

... you are absolutely right, Peezle. Hunting is absolutely impossible IRL.

(lol)

So that's the new standard of what a game needs? Stuff you can't do IRL?

You must really get a kick out of using the tps, right? :laugh:

I always scann people when im waiting for the bus

BTw bring back my pets , NOW !!!!!

We play games for the things we can't have IRL right?

No, i mainly play games for exactly the same things i can have in rl too. This is friends, money and gambling in that game :laugh: ..i dont need space at all

And i want a tamed animal, a nice little Troxie Stalker which hunts and kill for me and that let me ride around on it :wtg: ... and yes i cant really have that in rl :laugh:

sold off my first viper whip after tiering it to one. My second one is now at .9 awaiting a deposit so I can upgrade it too. Now sitting at level 8 whipper... slowly increasing in skills as we await the time that the taming is back.

;)

In a few months I'll likely be looking for an ul mamba...

well since mentoring is back, theres hope that taming will to.

We will see what happends because MA has revised their promise 2 times now.:laugh:

Maybe Taming is back with the big update next week?

790 days without taming! :whip:

controversial :) just seemed stupid to me not controversial.

If a company says there will be stage 2 of taming over 6 years ago and people skill in preperation and then they get told its coming its coming and it never comes then you get cryo2 update and get told it's coming all beefed up and better and it still isnt here do you think they should just forget there levels of skills and move on? im sure you would do that.

Some poeple have over 70 levels in taming i myself have 53 but even if a person has 10 or 20 levels in taming why should people just lay down and give up or have to explain anything to you? just go do what you enjoy and leave taming for us to discuss as it obviously means nothing to you so why even post?

There are not that many with levels 70+ I would guess, but yes I totally agree, it is just insane for anyone who has spent any time or effort in reliance on MA's explicit statements training taming to say: ah ok, well no harm no foul, and walk away.

I would love to see Kim (who so far has been excellent in communications and adjustments) to make this his top priority and stay on MA unti it is done, done correctly and meaningfully and provide some unconditional, meaningful apologies and comp to those of us who kep the faith.

Kim, hope you are reading this, if not you should be.

I
heart.gif
this thread...​

Thanks for the love:)

I hope MA is not going for some epic number, like after 1,000 days taming returns:)

And pets are good advertising tool for buisness.

Actually, they were quite annoying when missused for that... don't get me wrong, I want taming back too but not like that. :laugh: but knowing ma they will screw us over at one point or another anyway

I want my pets to be lootable and respawnable.
This way I can take my creature where I want and hunt them.
Others can hunt them if I give permit.
This way pet owners would be like land owners and gain a tax off the pets.
The land owners would also get a share and MA would gain peds from it all.

Go ahead and shoot fluffy. He is fat and slow anyhow. Maybe I can hunt him in my apartment.

800 days without taming! :whip:

I have a bad feeling that MA will make a 1000 days later taming return, and try to make a PR thing out of it:)

Such a long time... 2012. We will prolly all be dead before it comes back.

I have a bad feeling that MA will make a 1000 days later taming return, and try to make a PR thing out of it:)

Did you also think of that it might be a miserable gigantic-bug when it returns ?

Did you also think of that it might be a miserable gigantic-bug when it returns ?

It may be buggy initially, but I think MA has enough sense by now to bring in something that at least kind of works. Plus having the system back and being able to use my skills that were STOLEN from me for 3 years will be nice.

Nah, not really. We tested the vehicle system really well over the last year. All they need to do is add the whipping feature and let us refuel them with Nutrio bars. :laugh:

Hehe exactly, awesome idea, make the vehicles tamable,:)

guys i know you are all eager to know when stuff comes back so.....

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Entropia Universe Returning Systems Roadmap!

Makeup

Create unique looks for you and your friends! The Makeup system will be updated with many improvements in early November 2011.

Beacon/Dungeon

Fight your way through an off world robot base or an underground dungeon to defeat bosses and plunder their treasures. This improved and exciting system is set for release in the middle of December 2011.

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Mutants

Mutants will be back from their vacations in early 2012.

:wtg:

800 days without taming! :whip:

Not long now, beacons aren't far off and then its only taming left.

Let's hope MA left the best till last. :)

Status
Back