Question: Has Editing Posts Started Costing CFD's

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
I was confused when i saw this.

cfd.jpg

On clicking on the link it takes me to the post i have edited. Does this mean that now it is going to cost cfd's for posts being edited??

Anyone who has edited in last 24 hours can confirm??

cfd.jpg

On clicking on the link it takes me to the post i have edited. Does this mean that now it is going to cost cfd's for posts being edited??

Yeah, I corrected a spelling mistake in a post and it cost me. :rolleyes:
edit: not that it matter to me really...but just confirming. ;)

ooops I did it again...lol

There's a screenie of it for you.
Guess that means if you actually care about your cfd check and re-check before posting. :)

This is just ridiculous.

I'd almost think MA/FPC are running this forum now, charging for even the most basic of things.

Edit: going deeper...everything is going to cost CFD now... way to go, guys!

Probaly a bug by 711

I dont see cfd in my side bar anymore . And CFD dont cost anything as it is still just a gimmick of the forum:D

The amounts have changed to.

I used to have a few 100K of EFD (was saving up for advertising at some point), now I got 45K.

And compare the top PCFD owners in the screenies with the current amounts...

I can confirm that. You get CFD for giving reputation...how nice! :D But lose it for correcting posts....

Give me my icons back!!!!!

Guess this means they don't want us to fix miss Takes anymore.

This is not a bug. One of the factors in determining CFD awards for posts is the number of words.

When you click the edit post button, the original amount of CFD you were awarded for that post is debited from your CFD balance. Once you are finished making changes and submit the edited post, the CFD award amount is recalculated and credited to your CFD balance.

Ahah.
Thanks for clarifying that. Does make sense.

Glad I totally misunderstood that bit :)

Edit: Just editing this post now to see how it all appears in the overview. That is another 20 word!

This is not a bug. One of the factors in determining CFD awards for posts is the number of words.

When you click the edit post button, the original amount of CFD you were awarded for that post is debited from your CFD balance. Once you are finished making changes and submit the edited post, the CFD award amount is recalculated and credited to your CFD balance.

OMG nooooo.... Now all the forum whores will write long assed, boring posts with whole chapter quotes from War & Peace or similar... This cat should not have been let out of the bag...:eek:

OMG nooooo.... Now all the forum whores will write long assed, boring posts with whole chapter quotes from War & Peace or similar... This cat should not have been let out of the bag...:eek:

Now that is, without a doubt, a very clever thought out and good reply. Notice how all the red text is superfluous?

lol

But seriously.

I think that is not a very serious issue, as soon as the new-ness wears off.

I refuse to be a forum troll and write long posts that essentially add nothing to any discussion at all, just in order to farm a few CFD (Calypso Forum Dollars) which are not that useful anyway, because there is no store and no interest on it. I just will not do it, no matter what people say. I object to being a part of it, no matter what you think, what I think, what Marco thinks, what Hanne thinks, what Simon thinks, what Emma thinks, what you, reader of this post thinks. Seriously, if I think I would simply write a long story just to get some more Calypso Forum Dollars, I mean, come on! It is not even Project Entropia Dollars, or even Project Entropia Cents. At least those would be useful for something. It is not even the dreaded blazar fragments! Not at all! It's just pesky Calypso Forum Dollars. And reading all this made me realize that I could have probably made this short, for example, writing won't for will not, or CFD for Calypso Forum Dollars, but I just did not feel like it. And why would anybody read this mess anyway? Just for a few Calypso Forum Dollars? I think not. Really. Seriously. Nobody would do that. You would have to be mad! Mad I tell you! So, in short, I really don't think anybody would really write a huge post saying nothing, just for Calypso Forum Dollars. It is not that easy, you know.

The EFD system on EntropiaForum also counted words in calculating EFD awards for posts.

This is nothing new.

Well tested this, and CFD effectively goes down when editing a post.

Added:
Even by writing this and extending the text does not give you more CFD, but it goes down. I think we better refrain from editing posts. No longer OP's that are updated and extended with usefull information like TP locations, missions, etc. Because CFD seem to go down effectively.
It's a bit hard to measure because there seems to be a delay between when you finished posting/editing it and the display of the latest CFD status.

Last edited:
Well tested this, and CFD effectively goes down when editing a post.

Added:
Even by writing this and extending the text does not give you more CFD, but it goes down. I think we better refrain from editing posts. No longer OP's that are updated and extended with usefull information like TP locations, missions, etc. Because CFD seem to go down effectively.
It's a bit hard to measure because there seems to be a delay between when you finished posting/editing it and the display of the latest CFD status.

It goes down, then back up again. Note that CFD credits are not always instantaneous; transactions are cached for a short time and processed in batches, in order to reduce load on the server.

From the CFD logs:

17:36, 22nd Oct 2010 Posting BlueEyes Spent 1.64 CFD [Link]
17:36, 22nd Oct 2010 Posting BlueEyes Earned 3.65 CFD [Link]​

The EFD system on EntropiaForum also counted words in calculating EFD awards for posts.

This is nothing new.

Is it new that these things now show up in some list, perhaps?
Or have we all been sleeping the last few years (could very well be the case, I must confess).

It goes down, then back up again. Note that CFD credits are not always instantaneous; transactions are cached for a short time and processed in batches, in order to reduce load on the server.

From the CFD logs:

Long batch... just checked... nothing since 13:4x ish this afternoon... is that normal too, or did you run into a little bug?

Is it new that these things now show up in some list, perhaps?
Or have we all been sleeping the last few years (could very well be the case, I must confess).

Yes that is new. The EFD member logs on EntropiaForum did not show EFD earnings for various forum actions, only member-to-member transactions and icon shop purchases.

I am in the process of creating a new CFD guide that will explain many of the new features and settings.

From the CFD logs:

Thank you for your quick response. You are awesome!
(but you don't mind me checking my CFD regularly, if it indeeds goes up when editting a post and making it longer, do you ;))

This is nothing new.

And I thought it counted letters. Hmm... :scratch2:

Today I clicked an post a new thread, after some letters I closed this message window before I sent the new thread and lost CFD.:scratch2:

2010-11-22_045524.jpg

Today I clicked an post a new thread, after some letters I closed this message window before I sent the new thread and lost CFD.:scratch2:

2010-11-22_045524.jpg

Where can you find those CFD's gained and spent?

do you mean MA introduced decay even on fake forum money ?

Back