MA changes items stats

-Archangel-

Old Alpha
I agree that if an unlimited item (or adquired by an UL bp) is noticed to have been given unreasonable/ unbalanced properties that is MA job to make sure that it either doesn't disturd the ingame economy or is changed so it doesn't disturd.

But changing an limited item which can only be created by a limited blueprint

Is absurd

Why not just remove from the loot pool the ability to generate new ways to get the blueprint and wait that the previous items fade away

In case you don't know what I'm talking about here is the resume:

The vehicle repair tools: Vehicle RK-5 (L) and Vehicle RK-20 (L) which could only be generated by limited blueprints

Now require to be used: Welding Wire

Which at the present moment requires content from 2 different planet partners outside calypso

Although it is a common urban legend to think that MA doesn't change stats in items, several examples in the past prove that wrong with unlimited items (most of the time people learn to accept it)

But the change of limited items stats
made my trust on the balance manager hit an all time low

Since it shows that they will take the easiest way and not looking at consequences and what concerns me most

When other easy alternatives were available (create a new item that requires the new stuff, and wait for previous items to be worn out).

That vehicle repair kits now require an additional consumable is indeed :nutkick:

Will avoid using vehicles from now on.

It is silly anyway that mobs can attack me and deteriorate the TT value of the vehicle (plus the SI), whereas I can just do nothing.

yes, it is absurd.

it opens MA to accusations of breaking promises to not change stats. i mean what is the point of L BP if they are just going to change them and not use their limited use to control them? :rolleyes:

No way

Hi is a dream now to repair Any vehicle, we must Back to prehistoric RUn Enki RUN,

Not to condone or condemn, but has anyone done a new decay test to see if the wire was added on top of the same decay. Or if the decay was lowered the the amount of the wire?

Even if it was i realize its still not the same. Just wondering if the decay was lowered.

Sounds like an effort to force trade across space and make the pvp-to-loot crowd happy, same as with blood moss in pvp4. I don't understand why they cater to such a small group of players in that manner.

This is all one reason why it seems Mindark will never advertise this game or its company until complete balance is achieved... At Our Expense ...

So I hope to be appreciated when or if that time comes
Which I doubt..

yes, it is absurd.

it opens MA to accusations of breaking promises to not change stats. i mean what is the point of L BP if they are just going to change them and not use their limited use to control them? :rolleyes:

MA can only gain so much out of loot, they needed a new way to get people to spend more. And some people don't give them credit for creative genious.

Actually MA is having to find new creative ways to boost income and I'm truely in AWE at ways they they do that. This one just might be better than the armor foot guards and equiping decay (to prevent lag :laugh:).

I alone have cut out spending $100-$200 a month now for over a year now. How many other people have quit supplying their bank rolls? Those losses have to be made up somehow, because we know MA is going to get their cut, and they will not change the HOFs/ATHs since that is the allure for so many spenders.

Just a question... MA whants us to spend more as some off you say... why then make us repare our cars less then ????

Less cars and so in pvp... and we will drive safer from now on... so we spend less...

And still you think this is a way for MA to "suck more" from us... :scratch2:
Help plz...

I suspect MA is experimenting with in-game balancing of the economy between Planets. The balancing power, if successful, will ulitmately shift to the players and the Balancing Manager will be out of job, Lol. :yup:

A: cash cows

Wrong, they never deposited and never will (or so they kept telling me, probably true for some of them at least, maybe true for all of them). Maybe bcz they stop playing when their profit is too small, hence no decay (and someone at MA taking notice, but then why not take notice of the actual depositors?)? Maybe a lesson in there for the rest of us: stop playing if you don't like it and send a support case until MindArk changes things for the better (but i've tried that, and MA never changed, in the past 5 years i saw very few improvements and a lot of bugs/exploits/fuckups introduced). Maybe there's another connection between the pk-players and MA-office?

Welding Wire blueprint (L) does not show up on the auctioneer once listed

In case you don't know what I'm talking about here is the resume:

The vehicle repair tools: Vehicle RK-5 (L) and Vehicle RK-20 (L) which could only be generated by limited blueprints

Now require to be used: Welding Wire

Which at the present moment requires content from 2 different planet partners outside calypso

Hello Archangel,

There seems to be another problem with the "Welding Wire blueprint (L)" in that once listed on the auction, it does not show up at all in any of the auction areas.

It is supposed to show up under "Metal Components blueprints" but does not.

So listing it at this point in time is worthless, this is why the BP also has no sales recorded against it yet.

Regards,
Viper

indeed not good ...

I bought a valk (my first vehicle ever) last night at auction to have a tool to get rid of those Atrox Stalkers that occasionally pop over onto my OLA #57.

It had SI 300/300 but a low tt value so I thought get one of those repair kits ... So I did that as well to see that it isn't working.

So I thought, what the hell, oh well should have know better ... Took a little testdrive and the car took some damage from some hills I jumped off ...

Now may I ask a few n00bie questions?

SI can't be repaired, right?
TT value is lowered when?
What if car hits 0.0% SI (I assume its broken then?)

thanks

Angel

and yes, changing stats sux big time, as Archangel said, they could have just phased the repair kits out if they wanted to change something ... BAD MA !!

I am looking forward for LG and PVP4 !!! No pitbulls ladies and gentlemans , here i come ! :D

Now may I ask a few n00bie questions?

SI can't be repaired, right?
TT value is lowered when?
What if car hits 0.0% SI (I assume its broken then?)
SI can be repaired, with a vehicle repair kit and having enough welding wire in your carried inventory.

TT value is lowered when a mob (or in PVP also another player) hits you.

If SI is too low your vehicle will explode, it will look burnt and you won't be able to use it until SI value is increased again.

Well guess it really starts to get time to invest my monthly entertainment budget in boxed games without further costs again. Guess MA doesn'T get their share of my annual bonus payment this year. Too sad...

I'm going to try to maintain my cool and wait and see what balancing get done before i make any hasty decisions...this is not fun though always worrying whether something will change for the worse....

Frankly, what was absurd in the beginning was to make the Repair tools decay so little.
The RK-5 was decaying 1 PEC every 5 uses, so 1 PEC for 100~150 SI. :eyecrazy:
I always believed it was far too low to be true. Now it's fixed, not the way I expected (increased decay) but with addition of a new material. Well, ok, let's adapt and drive more carefully.

Now, what is new the cost for one use, how many new materials are needed?

BTW, something which is also very cheap is the Oil consumed. 50 PED OOPil in the vehicle last several months. :silly2:
(Oh, and when I write it's cheap, I don't mean I'm rich or anything, I just compare the vehicles costs with other costs in EU.)

Frankly, what was absurd in the beginning was to make the Repair tools decay so little.
The RK-5 was decaying 1 PEC every 5 uses, so 1 PEC for 100~150 SI. :eyecrazy:
I always believed it was far too low to be true. Now it's fixed, not the way I expected (increased decay) but with addition of a new material. Well, ok, let's adapt and drive more carefully.

Now, what is new the cost for one use, how many new materials are needed?

BTW, something which is also very cheap is the Oil consumed. 50 PED OOPil in the vehicle last several months. :silly2:
(Oh, and when I write it's cheap, I don't mean I'm rich or anything, I just compare the vehicles costs with other costs in EU.)

Are you insane? Is there any need to kick the ant nest to see what happens?

Version Update: 7.6 22-09-2005

"Fixed a bugged melee weapon – the RepEdge Battle Axe 1x0 no longer does the strange electrical damage."

Right.... bugged items... sure... that's it MAMA, its bugged!

Damn those bugs anyway, how the hell did that get there! There's no way someone in a Sci-Fi video game would ever be able to conceive of an Axe that would be used to kill space creatures on a far away space planet that would use strange electrical damage to kill those creatures!

Sure, that's it, must definitely a bug that we must fix for the sake of the game balance and to make the video game world more believable. We can't have people breaking even or *GASP* making a little profit killing small space creatures! Strange electric axes! Who ever would have thought of that must have been off their meds! We don't have electric Axes in real life!!! ;)

:laugh:

Back