This forum (PCF) is NOT the official forum...

Pauhe Gunor

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pauhe Cybertrash Gunor
if MA wont use this forum yet.. that its kinda obvious in some respect.

This was posted on Entropia Forum <- Linky

Mindark posted on Entropia Forum they are not sure what forum is going to be the official one, this is just one big mess... :wise:

Mindark will only use Entropia Forum as we speak.

Well this is still a forum for Planet Calypso, it never has been one for MindArk, so I never suspected they would use it... this forum will still be here tho, and maybe some other company will take over Calypso and use this as the official forum later? :dunno:

i kind of seen it as an official forum as all our data was sold off to a MA employees to create this forum, giving a false impression that it was in some way an official forum.

they should of just kept all our data and shit on EF and left it at that instead of moving all the crap somewhere else in the first place...

This game has too many communication portals as it is, and not enough actual communication to fill them all. Its messy, unprofessional, and betrays a lack of planning and foresight.

The platform is in dire need of something to actually manage their content. Right now it just looks like urban sprawl with alot of unsuccessful attempts to brand their product and corral people virtually.

Trabajo_de_corral_thumb_1.jpg

i kind of seen it as an official forum as all our data was sold off to a MA employees to create this forum, giving a false impression that it was in some way an official forum.

This was the official forum for Planet Calypso, under FPC and later SDS/SEE... never MA.

This was the official forum for Planet Calypso, under FPC and later SDS/SEE... never MA.

Exactly. As Kim posted on entropiaforum.com it will be that forum that is used for official communication for now. Even though there is a Kim account on this forum it´s the one on entropiaforum.com that is active.

How long till this forum is closed ? I do not think SEE will pay for it much longer.

This is all just a big cluster fuck ..... plain and simple.

-Bemo-

How long till this forum is closed ? I do not think SEE will pay for it much longer.
Either you don't read this forum very often or you're making a bad joke.

Either way, this forum is not shutting down. 711 has made multiple posts saying it won't.

nevertheless, this forum is owned by MA currently while the other is not. it is an appaling state of affairs that they do not maintain their own forum and a joke they currently use a third party rather than one they own. they could of course respond to queries by way of their blogs, which would be distrubted to any and all forums.

This is all just a big cluster fuck ..... plain and simple.

-Bemo-

Or, as we used to say in the military: SNAFU! (Situation Normal All Fucked Up) :laugh:

For MA the PP (*0), this should be the obvious communication channel.

For MA the PP (*1), well, them communicating at all with customers is a dramatic change! While it's obviously suboptimal the use a 3rd party forum, I think that's infinitely better than them trying to create and run a forum of their own.

(*0) MindArk the Planet Partner.
(*1) MindArk the Platform Provider.
(.)(.) <- boobies

I'm 100% agree to have only one forum once for all, because it's becoming totally stupid to have to read multiple forums to be kept informed. I'd like to have one forum where important info are collected, as in the old time.

Also, I think that the name "EntropiaForum" would be the best name, not this 72 character-long name.

But, and there is big BUT...
I really liked the old EF, even if it was not really "cool-looking".
The new one, ohhhhh, it makes my eyes cry after 20 seconds reading, I can't read this white on black, it gives me "image persistance" (well, it's the "Persistence rétinienne" in french, if someone knows the english transalation...).
:'(

So I vote for this plan:
1) EF gets some readable skin, like the basic phpBB forums. Ithink people are more interested by content (and search) than the shining looking.
2) The great content and people from this "firstplanetcalypsofromentropiauniverseforum dot com" is moved back to good old EF.
3) 711 is owner of the official forum, he can set old rules, I'm ok with them. If MA was able to run a forum that would be good but so far, 711 is the best admin I ever saw.

:yup:

well, did start in the "old" forum anyway, so i could switch back again.. ohh wait, i cant, bacause they now not can use any hotmail or gmail account anymore.. even if i did sign up with it back then.. baah

so, any admin can tell what forum to use ?
And if any admin could allow me to join the good old forum of 711 i would be happy,,but with my mail that is ;)

Last edited:
nevertheless, this forum is owned by MA currently while the other is not. it is an appaling state of affairs that they do not maintain their own forum and a joke they currently use a third party rather than one they own. they could of course respond to queries by way of their blogs, which would be distrubted to any and all forums.

actually 711 stated he still owns this forum and entropia forum.

Fortunately every time they post something on EF, 25 threads are made on this forum to tell us about it.

Thanks for posting this one, I'm sure the people who hadn't seen the previous 24 appreciate it.

Ahhh....the Forums

Ahhh....the NDA

Ahhh....THE HUMANITY

captain_obvious_rock_gift.jpg

And FYI: EF is no "official forum" either.

ty for the rock and FYI i did not state EF was an official forum, but why the fuck sell all the data make PCF and give false impressions its more of an official forum than EF ever was, so there was in fact no point in doing that in the first place.

Fortunately every time they post something on EF, 25 threads are made on this forum to tell us about it.

Thanks for posting this one, I'm sure the people who hadn't seen the previous 24 appreciate it.

oh please post the other 24 threads started on PCF about this topic before this post was made, i am not saying there was not but it seems like it was so obvious i was looking on the wrong forum...

711 owns PCF and EF. SEE and MA don't own any forums :wise:

give false impressions its more of an official forum than EF ever was

They did not... it was the official forum of FPC/SDS and that is why Hanne and Pioneer used to post here before they were laid off when the cooperation stopped.

oh please post the other 24 threads started on PCF about this topic before this post was made, i am not saying there was not but it seems like it was so obvious i was looking on the wrong forum...

I've already wasted enough of my time on it.

711 owns PCF and EF. SEE and MA don't own any forums :wise:

I was under the impression it was sold. So it was like a lease, not a sale?

What Kim said was :

Yes, for the moment we will only use this forum.

Which only means just one and one thing only - for now, Kim and Bjorn and possibly other MA personel have been granted some rights to answer questions on that forum. It does not in any way say anything about the officialness of either forum. It does also not say anything about MA reading this forum or answering on it, as we have seen David|Mindark do.

And speculating about these matters is stupid, shortsighted and ultimately pointless.

They did not... it was the official forum of FPC/SDS and that is why Hanne and Pioneer used to post here before they were laid off when the cooperation stopped.

yes thats right because giving false impressions of an official forum would only apply if it give you a false impression not what anyone else would of thought...

Think outside the box a little with the actions of MA....

Now that SDS is no longer a part of EU, it's probably a matter of time til they delete this entire forum's database for good.

PlanetCalypsoForum.com is still the official forum for Planet Calypso and will remain online, as I explained over one week ago in the following post:

The original contract governing the sale of the EF database and the creation of PlanetCalypsoForum was entered into with First Planet Company (FPC), and included a payment schedule. As with any other outstanding contract, the terms and liabilities of that contract were assumed by SDS when it acquired FPC from MindArk. As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

The PlanetCalypsoForum website and database is and always has been in my possession, and is hosted on the same servers as EntropiaForum.com. At no point in time has any other company or entity (including SDS) had access to the forum database, and this will remain the case until the terms of the original sales agreement have been fulfilled.

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

Kim|MindArk stated that MindArk officials will be posting on EntropiaForum; he never said that "PCF is no longer supported by MA" or that PCF is no longer the official community forum for Planet Calypso.

I expect that as MindArk's new Planet Calypso team gets settled in, those staff members working on Calypso will once again be available here on PCF to communicate with the community.

well, did start in the "old" forum anyway, so i could switch back again.. ohh wait, i cant, bacause they now not can use any hotmail or gmail account anymore.. even if i did sign up with it back then.. baah

so, any admin can tell what forum to use ?
And if any admin could allow me to join the good old forum of 711 i would be happy,,but with my mail that is ;)

I rejoined EF recently (a week ago maybe) without any problems :wise: Have you tried again? Cause weird if you cant and I did :scratch2:

Back