Kim|Calypso what's happening?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi Kim
It has been a while since we had any news from the Calypso Dev team. Can you fill us in on what you guys are doing currently, some sneak previews?

Cheers
Bjorn

Monria's being designed by the Mindark design team, not by the Planet Calypso devs.

3 months of summer holiday is my guess

Busy implementing the interplanetary teleporters?

He probably has no clue anyway other than what's on paper.

Every time a new MA or Calypso official comes to the forum with promises of better communication, the fanboi community has an orgasm...

It's short lived however due to the promises consistently disappearing...

Hi Kim
It has been a while since we had any news from the Calypso Dev team. Can you fill us in on what you guys are doing currently, some sneak previews?

Cheers
Bjorn

Holiday in Sweden right now, most will probably get back to work next week.

Skilling browness on the beach trying to unlock Malignt Melanom?

Holiday in Sweden right now, most will probably get back to work next week.

Swedish are smart people. Take the holiday during the summer, enjoy life. Take the holiday during winter and stay off the roads.

The rest of us cant seem to grasp that such things confer dignity on life, and seek to enslave others as we have been enslaved ourselves.

LOL, I sound like a pedant. Whatever. :ahh:

I've just returned from my vacation today, tanned and fit, ready to develop this wonderful game for you :).

Right now I'm catching up on my forum reading and I'm also taking the opportunity to spend some time in-game talking to the community before the rest of the team returns next week.

The next partner release is scheduled for October 1 and while it does contain a lot of new content for you to enjoy It's still too early for me to make any promises.

One thing I can tell you about is that I'm experimenting with the concept of dynamic creature camps. If it all works out you shouldn't be surprised if you stumble upon a mutant camp with some bosses and lootable chests the next time you hunt after the release!

I hope to have more stuff to tell you in one or two weeks.

Cheers,
Kim

I've just returned from my vacation today, tanned and fit, ready to develop this wonderful game for you :).

Right now I'm catching up on my forum reading and I'm also taking the opportunity to spend some time in-game talking to the community before the rest of the team returns next week.

The next partner release is scheduled for October 1 and while it does contain a lot of new content for you to enjoy It's still too early for me to make any promises.

One thing I can tell you about is that I'm experimenting with the concept of dynamic creature camps. If it all works out you shouldn't be surprised if you stumble upon a mutant camp with some bosses and lootable chests the next time you hunt after the release!

Cheers,
Kim

I dont want to bother you but you should read the thread about the pirate abuse ASAP. It hurts your game very much. There is a big scam and cheat going on.

:yay: ninja bosses

Cheers,
Kim

Come on !!!!! post those holiday pics :D

Rick

Welcome Back! Sounds Nice! Ninja spawns ....

Why aren't there any Valkyrie MK1 or MK2 on auction? My MK2 is almost broken.

Can we loot some more (L) bps please?

I already have other vehicles but I need a Valk too as a beater.

Edit: I just bought a MK1 in twin and that I can use for running mobs away from the oil rig from people's mob trains. I need another MK2 though for hunting, I don't like decaying my PRX with all the PED I've spent on colors and texture for it.

...how about a MKIII and MKIV?

Last edited:
And possibly try to get the taming discussion from just being on paper to perhaps on a computer screen like a word doc? Ah, who am I kidding, not happening, welcome back Kim, hope you had a fun vacation:)

Game seems to be running pretty good on auto pilot!
I approve 1 more months vacation..just extend migration, wait for few months for support case and snack popcorn watching space abuse :)

Wb and get back to work now, no hangover moments :p

Will we ever c a post on how MA is finally fixing the apperance of the game?

Taming was due in 2013 to. Not a word spoken.
Clothes and furniture etc still look broken.

Stop adding "new stuff" when the old is still broken.

As a new player of 3 months. I would say you should start listening to your players more or they will begin to leave... sure the stats say growth, but growth is only sustained through retention! The main vibe i have picked up on since being here is negative. With a slight positive twist when someone HOF's or has a funny moment. There is little to no support ( or seems that way as it's not flipping communicated?), if there is support it's in the wrong area, major issues like the unnamed pirate mentioned before, and the pirate summoning are not fixed quickly, (temp ban how hard is that?), TONNES of unfixed bugs when new stuff is being implemented. Fix whats broken everyone is happy with the content... These factors alone are enough to turn a large proportion off joining a game this old, then you throw in the factor where they feel they have missed the boat already, they just won't join eventually. Big competition is on it's way and if you look at their forums their main sign ups so far are people bored with EU and their attitude towards their customers. Theres over 200 people signed up in less than 2 days and they havn't even advertised the game anywhere yet.. 95% are EU players. I know this figure may not seem massive but this WILL impact, as all these people have friends or socmates who they will speak to about the game leading to viral spread of disgruntled players taking their investments elsewhere.

Apologies if this came across negative but i beleive these opinions are heard throughout all of calypso, (unless your an uber and at the top making the money everyone else is drawn to the game by)

I don't understand how you can call a game wonderful when it's so broken.. it COULD be wonderful but only when fingers are pulled out of backsides and the populations voices are heard.. i mean everytime i die i have to press jump to make my character stop skitting about in the floor... This is basic seriously guys... Big competition is on the horizon it's time to start uping the game or loosing players!

Remember your shareholders are the lifeblood of your business, ignore them and you are signing your businesses own death warrant. Have a quick look at the general discussion forum there is an actiev poll there asking wether people would recommend starting to play or depositing. 35% of them are sayign they would not deposit, 22% are saying they would not start to play or deposit... 35% revenue already on it's way out and 22% of population need retaining fast..

Rant over :woot:

Last edited:

Cheers,
Kim

Sounds a lot like the Oratan camps and Oratan Mines on Arkadia, are you experimenting with their ideas? These creature camps already exist on Arkadia - are you doing anything different?

Also, the community has been in a serious state of chaos with the pirate summoning exploit, is there nothing to say about that? This situation has been dire, and to date there is no communication with the community whatsoever. Calypso is affected as much, if not more than the other planets, and something needs to be done.

Sounds a lot like the Oratan camps and Oratan Mines on Arkadia, are you experimenting with their ideas? These creature camps already exist on Arkadia - are you doing anything different?

Also, the community has been in a serious state of chaos with the pirate summoning exploit, is there nothing to say about that? This situation has been dire, and to date there is no communication with the community whatsoever. Calypso is affected as much, if not more than the other planets, and something needs to be done.

These camps can move around between various locations in an area and as such create the appearance of them being nomadic, this combined with lootable boxes and rare mobs/bosses could really make the world feel more alive.

Ok, Ok, sound very nice, but please fix these pirates once and for all

AND UNTIL THEN MAKE THAT SUMMON MESSAGE APPEAR LIKE A PM, FRIEND REQUEST, AUCTION MESSAGE IN THE TRAY!!! NOT IN FRONT OF YOU READY TO CLICK...C'MON, THAT'S EASY, EVEN IN C++

These camps can move around between various locations in an area and as such create the appearance of them being nomadic, this combined with lootable boxes and rare mobs/bosses could really make the world feel more alive.

This is the kind if thing we need more of, I hope this will be possible.

NOT IN FRONT OF YOU READY TO CLICK...C'MON, THAT'S EASY, EVEN IN C++

Even easier:

Temp ban who ever has received support cases of abuses the summon function for harassment and pirating attempt of masses of players
(after unsolicited adding to the starship guest list)

generating distrust in the securityof this virtual universe

That ought to take less than 5 minutes since there aren't that players who can use the summon function
(it requires a very expensive vehicle).

I could accept lack of action if they had reported the issue and stop using the expoit after a few show case examples

but this now is becoming

a joke

for what is advertise as a secure virtual universe with a real cash economy

Last edited:

That dynamic mob posts are in other games as well, Kim is just being in par with trends ;)

Yes, we players want to hear some statement about situation, this would ease lots of panicking folks.
even something as "We are looking into this matter, stay tuned" would do for most.

Back