ComPet App Deeds

I wonder what the cash withdrawal system will look like on this new game.

Minimum 1000 Ped, take 50 business days, anti-money laundering verification?

And are these Ped really going to be fully exchangeable with Entropia? That would at the very least make the auditing interesting.

ComPet = Commodore PET? :scratch2:

commodore_pet.jpg

Enter your pet in to stunning real time, tactical knockout contests :boxer:

cpg1.jpg

Premium players can eventually own the all powerful Atrox Queen :eyecrazy:

cpg2.jpg

Okay, seriously, I'll reserve full judgement on the app and it's true relevance to EU until we know more, but at present I cannot see how puppies and pandas are good for EU.

Somebody drawn to a game by puppies and pandas probably won't have too much interest in EU mobs and therefore EU in general.

Daikiba cubs, Spider Bombers and Nusul to name a few are far better suited to promoting EU brand cuteness. :)

If the app were just EU mobs then each could have a detailed bio with some glossy pics or even video, further encouraging the app player to try the full EU.

And lastly, did somebody not suggest the name EntroPets? :laugh:

No time to read a huge report. Can you put in some quotes?

i wouldnt trust that report, the numbers dont correlate to other information or revenue numbers elsewhere. for example, 0.15% of the 600k Simpsons Tapped out users would mean only 900 people are driving £103K daily revenue.
on the other hand the MA number loooks hopelessly optimistic so i'd love to know where they base that from. i suspect alot of top line assumptions are going into both numbers - the first report counting all downloads the MA's based on a life time of a selectivly chosen game. or just made up, being the 80/20 "rule" is a bit suspicious. im sure i read conversion rate of free to fee are typically about 5% for the top games, at while they are popular which can only be for a matter of weeks.

edit... re-reading the report i note it says 0.15% accounts for 50% of revenue, while the graphic says "1pc". very dodgy, dont know if it the author reporting or the original report.

Last edited:
About the pictures in OP, I think they are "cutified". Looking more childish than their actual appearance in the game.

The pets ingame are most likely more "realistic", as shown in this thread.

I wonder what the cash withdrawal system will look like on this new game.

Minimum 1000 Ped, take 50 business days, anti-money laundering verification?

And are these Ped really going to be fully exchangeable with Entropia? That would at the very least make the auditing interesting.

It's not a new game, it's fully a part of and is integrated with the EU system, so you withdraws the same way you do today.

I have seen many monster battle games on facebook, sadly none of them have real funding or support. It is obviously a very great area, and one that is actually untapped.

I can't wait to have battles and win PED. Lets just hope I can afford a stable

that return graph cracked my day.. like there was over 5000 players in this game.. and like half of them ever bought any of these deeds.. i literally laughed for 5min straight.. then it made me furious.. so if its freaking smartphones and other shits it means u dont need to be ingame and then we come to the point WHERE DO WE NEED TAMING.. or if it does require u to tame pets ingame before using them will that bring players? nope

You don't think EU have over 5000 players? The annual deposits are around 10MUSD. Lets say the average, deposits per players is around 30USD/month (360/year). That would make it 10 000 000/360 = 27 800 players. It hard the know the correct numbers, but some where between 20 000 - 50 000 players I would guess. It's still to small and they need to increase that number, hopefully this is one thing that could help bringing more attention and players to EU.

You don't think EU have over 5000 players? The annual deposits are around 10MUSD. Lets say the average, deposits per players is around 30USD/month (360/year). That would make it 10 000 000/360 = 27 800 players. It hard the know the correct numbers, but some where between 20 000 - 50 000 players I would guess. It's still to small and they need to increase that number, hopefully this is one thing that could help bringing more attention and players to EU.

Just send them an email pretending to be a potential planet partner and they will tell you the amount of depositing players when you ask. It is around 5000

It's not a new game, it's fully a part of and is integrated with the EU system, so you withdraws the same way you do today.

ROFL. So how many of the expected new players paying an average of $3 per month will be attracted by promises of winning cash they can't withdraw?

And will the people who run Android accept that? Or Apple?

Last edited:
oh god , what a disaster , this is not what I signed up for with (PE) EU .

Lets hope they keep this entirely seperate from the actual game. I really dont want to see pandas in EU , pandas is what relieved Blizzard of my and millions of others tenner a month.

MA imo its just too childish.

Are you so lacking in imagination that you have to copy other game companies ideas ?

BE ORIGINAL FFS , like you were back the days of PE.

This compet app will be free advertising for EU. Thats a good thing.
I will just wait how it will be implemented. And Judge the book by its content, not by its assumed cover.

Ingame stables and future Battle Arenas Deeds don't have anything to do with ComPet. Those are totally related to EU.

Really people, aren't we reading the same sources :scratch2:

Indeed we might read different sources or understand facts differently.
In my understanding Battle Arenas Deeds have everything to do with ComPet app.
In my opinion Battle Arena Deeds was a 'working' name and ComPet Deeds is marketing name.

I bolded revelant parts for you in both sources.

[h=3]Web-Based Battle Arena - (Planned for Early 2015 Release)[/h] A web-based Battle Arena game is planned for early 2015. The game will be developed as a cross-platform solution available on the web and for mobile devices, and will have direct ties to the Entropia Universe taming! system. Players will have the opportunity to acquire, upgrade and customise their pets for battle against the pets of others.

Entropia Universe participants will have the ability to acquire Battle Arena Deeds and share in the revenue and excitement of the Battle Arena action. 200,000 Battle Arena Deeds will be offered via the Entropia Universe in-game auction and upcoming webshop at 100 PED each. Revenues generated from the Battle Arena Deed offering will be used exclusively for Battle Arena development and marketing. More detailed information about the Battle Arena Deeds will be made available very soon.

The new Competition Pet (ComPet) system will provide features of Entropia Universe, including creature clashes, and bring them together in an exciting smartphone, tablet and web browser application.

[...]

Additionally, any player can be part of this revenue opportunity and earn PED when smartphone, tablet and web browser users play the new Entropia Universe ComPet App. Before launch, 200,000 ComPet Deeds, priced at 100 PED (10 USD) each, will be made available through the webshop and in the Entropia Universe auction. Deeds can be acquired by anyone with an Entropia Universe account, even those who may not have installed the full Entropia Universe PC client software. They can alternatively purchase deeds through the Virtual Tycoon Android mobile app and start earning revenue from ComPet activity, which is scheduled for launch in Q1 2015.

Deed holders will receive 30% of the gross ComPet revenue. In addition, the ComPet affiliate program will enable users to recruit their friends and earn a 15% share of their recruited users’ activity. The remaining 70% (or 55% in the case of an affiliate-referred user) of revenue will go toward marketing, operation and support for the ComPet App. In conjunction with MindArk’s accountants, Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC), the ComPet App accounts will be available for inspection and published on the Entropia Universe website.

Last edited:
In my opinion Battle Arena Deeds was a 'working' name and ComPet Deeds is marketing name.

I bolded revelant parts for you in both sources.

If it's really same thing, I can't see how ingame stables fit into the picture.

uh uh.

Last time someone implemented animal fights it almost lead to the extinction of daikibas. Only the sheer luck that there was a herd on Rocktropia saved that species from total anhilition.

And Feffox, anyone?

Will we have any guarantee that the cats doesn't go wild and start to pest the chirpies?

If it's really same thing, I can't see how ingame stables fit into the picture.

From what I understand there will be EU based version of arenas where pets can fight.
Web based version (ComPet) will be tied to deeds and in some way to EU itself.
Stables used for faster and higher training of pets might be useful for providing 'premium' pets for ComPet.
Of course I might be wrong ;)

It's not uncommon that a company seeks external funding when they want to introduce a new product. If they were able to just pay this whole thing in cash..THAT is when you need to worry, as it is a clear sign of very poor cash management. You can get funding through many channels: sell bonds, get a bank loan, issue shares, crowdfunding etc. This is just a form of crowdfunding.

Whaaat?

The company I work for has it's own R&D development house, we release new products regularly, the company is cash rich and we use no external funding whatsoever.

For example, our latest product has been developed with product development testing help from GSK, AZ, Pfizer, Abbott and is now ready for market, with an estimated 5y sales of $40m/y.

I would say that the vast majority of [successful] established companies have a product pipeline which is entirely funded by themselves. It's a shame but it's obvious MA are really struggling by - I think if EU was really doing well, we wouldn't see them go anywhere near the mobile market apart from apps such as VT which is just a way of utilising the AU/crafting system, imo a very good app.

I think the "noise"/"negative feedback" we're having from the crowd here is that there's a general unease in the direction that MA is steering the game towards...and thus having qualms about its future.

Instead of spending precious resources and diverting them to making EU more robust and interesting to "play" as "one singular game entity", what we've observed thus far have been "them" making lots and lots of "promises" and "features" to the game without being able to fully "flesh out" any single one of them...properly.

- CLD
- Fort
- PVP
- Space
- Motherships & Hangers
- Hunting, Mining & Crafting Economy
- Monster Loot and Distribution problems

Just to name a few...

And so, are they going to stretch themselves even further, not to mention possibly changing the "face of EU" radically by dabbling into "ComPet"?

Its a reasonable cause of concern don't you think?

(And from a layman's pov, it just seems that MA has been repeatedly selling ~0 TT value stuff for quite exorbitant MUs, only to lay them in waste afterwards and then moving on to other pet projects.)

Just send them an email pretending to be a potential planet partner and they will tell you the amount of depositing players when you ask. It is around 5000

It's hard to believe that number, that would mean that the average player are depositing around 2000USD each year to the game. I'm for sure don't do that.....

It's hard to believe that number, that would mean that the average player are depositing around 2000USD each year to the game. I'm for sure don't do that.....

Is 2000 USD a year really that hard to believe a number? Afterall, its only amounting to like 167 USD a month. And I'm pretty sure people who play EU at a mid to high level would easily consume 167 USD in a matter of weeks if not in a month. With its current mechanics...

(And that's a conservative estimate.)

And so, are they going to stretch themselves even further, not to mention possibly changing the "face of EU" radically by dabbling into "ComPet"?

The "kids" and the future adults of today use phones, pads and similar devices. They hardly know how a computer looks like anymore. (okey kidding a bit :silly2:) . It's MA way to test the market and try to lure more players to the main EU. As someone said, it's a marketing feature for the main game and tool for EU players to have some EU fun with their phones and pads.

Is 2000 USD a year really that hard to believe a number? Afterall, its only amounting to like 167 USD a month. And I'm pretty sure people who play EU at a mid to high level would easily consume 167 USD in a matter of weeks if not in a month. (With its current mechanics...)

Yes it's actually hard to believe. Yes some players are over that limit, but it's hard to believe that so many would be over a longer period,... but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I know many people who've deposited $2000 a year, there are people on the forum who regularly deposited that per month.

The "kids" and the future adults of today use phones, pads and similar devices. They hardly know how a computer looks like anymore. (okey kidding a bit :silly2:) . It's MA way to test the market and try to lure more players to the main EU. As someone said, it's a marketing feature for the main game and tool for EU players to have some EU fun with their phones and pads.

Ideally-speaking, I would definitely agree with this movement to expand into alternative platforms to attract a wider audience. However that is if its the case where we have a good "working" game going on in our hands here.

But a good "working" game we have not...

There's more pressing matters to address and devote our attention to at this point in time, in my opinion.

With the game as is, there's hardly gonna be any player retention even if we do manage to attract players to try EU with the ComPet App. (That is assuming that the main motive of the ComPet App is to attract players to try out EU.)

About the pictures in OP, I think they are "cutified". Looking more childish than their actual appearance in the game.

The pets ingame are most likely more "realistic", as shown in this thread.

the realistic version is probably how we see them, the fluffyfied ones are probably how they look on the web/android version.

the realistic version is probably how we see them, the fluffyfied ones are probably how they look on the web/android version.

I hope you right I just thanked them to remove the cartoon pink eomon :mad:

Last edited:
I am genuinely curious if they will be able to sell all of their shares this time. Every time MA asks for money like this, I lose a bit more faith that the game will continue to exist for much longer.

I bet I could find a similar post from 8 years ago (when you & I were new)

(Just a thought)

Seen many competitor MMORPG bite the dust in those 8 years too!

It's highly naive to think that a company can survive without money, to think they can survive without selling something. Selling estates and deeds of various kinds has been apart of MA's business model for a long long time.

WTF is this s**t for real i really can't believe MA are going down this route, it is a great disappointment for what I used to consider a grown up game

WTF is this s**t for real i really can't believe MA are going down this route, it is a great disappointment for what I used to consider a grown up game

Whats a grown up game? EU? That doesn't change

This is a DIFFERENT game they are making.

Back