Treasure Island - Latest News & Information

Deathifier said:
Mondi Virtuali - A book on MMOG Communities

"Project Entropia / Entropia Universe has found its way into a recently published book called Mondi Virtuali, authored by Mario Gerosa and Aurélien Pfeffer.

This will be of most interest to the Italian section of the Entropian community as the book is written in Italian only."

Visit the link for a description of the book, it's quite nice :)

- Deathifier

I was puzzled about the post until I red this :)

In sintesi
Nel dicembre 2004 David Storey, un australiano di 22 anni ha comprato per 26,500 dollari veri un'isola che non c'è, che esiste soltanto in Project Entropia, in un mondo virtuale. Ogni sera migliaia di persone si danno appuntamento in locali fantasma, per ballare e cantare sul monitor, abbracciandosi stando a migliaia di chilometri di distanza. Un cinese è arrivato a uccidere nella realtà per uno sgarro commesso in un mondo inesistente. Qualcuno ha deciso di unirsi in matrimonio per interposta persona, tramite il proprio avatar, l'alter ego virtuale, che drammaticamente può anche invecchiare. Il libro raccoglie esempi di realtà virtuale che sembra essere diventato un mercato molto reale.

I feel sorry for the non-Italian readers

BabelFish said:
In synthesis In the December 2004 David Storey, an Australian of 22 years has bought for 26,500 true dollars a island that not is, that Entropy only exists in Project, in a virtual world. Every evening migliaia of persons gives ghost appointment in premises, in order to dance and to sing on the monitor, embracing itself being to migliaia of distance kilometers. A Chinese has succeeded in to kill in the truth for one sgarro store clerk in a nonexistent world. Someone has decided to join in wedding for interposed person, through just avatar, alter the virtual ego, than dramatically it can also age. The book collects examples of virtual truth that seems to have become a market much real one.

Slightly better than Babelfish...

Thanks mrproper and its Babelfish, but I hope you don't mind if I wasted some spare time to make a manual one ;)
Mondi Virtuali's book description said:
In sintesi
Nel dicembre 2004 David Storey, un australiano di 22 anni ha comprato per 26,500 dollari veri un'isola che non c'è, che esiste soltanto in Project Entropia, in un mondo virtuale. Ogni sera migliaia di persone si danno appuntamento in locali fantasma, per ballare e cantare sul monitor, abbracciandosi stando a migliaia di chilometri di distanza. Un cinese è arrivato a uccidere nella realtà per uno sgarro commesso in un mondo inesistente. Qualcuno ha deciso di unirsi in matrimonio per interposta persona, tramite il proprio avatar, l'alter ego virtuale, che drammaticamente può anche invecchiare. Il libro raccoglie esempi di realtà virtuale che sembra essere diventato un mercato molto reale.
Translation by Paolo said:
In syntesis
In December 2004 David Storey, a 22 years old australian, bought for 26,500 real dollars an island that doesn't exists, that exists only in Project Entropia, in a virtual world. Every evening thousands of people meet up in ghost places, to dance and sing on the monitor, hugging while being thousand kilometers away. A chinese got to kill in the real world for a problem in an inexistant world. Somebody decided to wed through their avatar, the virtual alter ego, that drammatically can also get old. The book gathers examples of virtual life that seems to have developed in a very real market.
Not much indeed from a first glance, but if Deathifier wants to order me a copy of it, I'll make a nice review in my baaaaad ingrish :p :rofl:

Jokes apart, I'm going to have a look at the nearest bookshop and see if its worth buying :p
Will keep you informed (not too soon, tho, it's 3xx pages :p)

Paolo :smoke:

On the TI website (linked at the top of the post) is a description by the author, in English.

Guess I didn't make it clear :/

The book itself looks good - it covers several MMOG's and even though I can't read italian it comes across as a good read for someone interested in MMOG communities :)

- Deathifier

Full Moon 2 - Beach Party!

Full Moon 2 - Beach Party!

Join us this Staturday, May 13th, at the One Eyed Billy Bar on Treasure Island for Full Moon 2 - a Beach Party!
It starts at 2100 MA time (UTC) and goes till late - so if you can't make the start, drop in later!

The party is free and there are various prizes for the best (and craziest) dancers.
For full details on what you can win, along with how to tune in to the music, check out the event page on Entropia Directory.

To get to the bar head northeast from the central teleporter - it's just to the east of my mansion and sits right on the edge of the lake.

Hope to see you there!
- Deathifier

Foul rampaging around TI North

"For the past 12 hours a number of very large Foul have been rampaging around the northern section of Treasure Island and, with little to stop them, have settled in an area covering approximately 1.5 square kilometres.

It seems the Foul are content to remain in this area for the time being and no other creatures have been spotted with them. The islands fertilizer system has already adapted to the Fouls presence and taxation remains at 4%.

I'd also like to thank the many people that have supported bringing Foul to Treasure Island - it took more than three months of waiting for MindArk to release the parts and I know a large number of you were hunting them heavily in that period of time. I'd like to congratulate everyone who actually found some DNA material and in particular Cobra, from Groene Draeck, who delivered the final parts and was there to watch them be introduced :)"

Enjoy!
- Deathifier

i had good luck on foul today so i think ill be making a trip to TI soon to try to get some good loot over there.... btw death, the castle is very nice :)

Deathifier said:

I'd like to congratulate everyone who actually found some DNA material and in particular Cobra, from Groene Draeck, who delivered the final parts and was there to watch them be introduced :)"

awww :eek: He saw the small baby-fouls? :nurse:

Big gratz on the new "pets" - am gonna try and hunt some down, if I'm able to. Since you say they are "very large", can you give us more information (are they like the once just spawned on cND?) ? Or is that only to be experienced by oneself? :D

/Lykke ;)

Lykke said:
Big gratz on the new "pets" - am gonna try and hunt some down, if I'm able to. Since you say they are "very large", can you give us more information (are they like the once just spawned on cND?) ? Or is that only to be experienced by oneself? :D

They're mostly warriors, hunters and leaders, so similar to what ND added it seems.

Plan is to start them out big and beefy and then shrink them in line with what the hunters prefer, but they won't shrink until next week at the earliest :)

Bye,
Deathifier

thanks Deathifier, i'm definately gonna check those suckers out :kos:

Here are some stats of those huge fouls:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

very cool, although personally i would reduce the numbers of the Foul Leaders. Hunting partner got hit for 99 through full boar.

Globster Numbers Down 20%

"Due to concerns over the rapidly growing Globster population measures have been implemented to cull their numbers by approximately 20%, effective immediately. Should people continue to be concerned over the number of Globsters in the "Hook Area" please contact me."

- Deathifier

Nice, I got globbed a few times when I tried the corn, that was a long time ago, I have to do some hunting on the new mobs, mining is rather good in the SEG area ;)

Deathifier said:

"Due to concerns over the rapidly growing Globster population measures have been implemented to cull their numbers by approximately 20%, effective immediately. Should people continue to be concerned over the number of Globsters in the "Hook Area" please contact me."

- Deathifier

I hope MA bring out some bigger acid plates or acid armour cos those things are so damn tough.

Is anyone actually able to evade them? They seem to hit me everytime.

Nakia scores a Blausarium ATH

Something for the history books today :)
The text is below but you'll have to follow the link for the pic of Nakia and her tower.

Nakia scores a Blausarium ATH

Recently we had a little piece of island history made when, on the 28th of July, a rather large quantity of Blausarium was discovered by June "Nakia" Smith from the Shaolin society.
38059 PED of the blue ore was unearthed in the eastern half of the island, catapulting her into the #8 position on the mining all time high.

This find is interesting not for its enormous value but for the circumstances surrounding it. Nakia had spent the past two weeks chasing a Hogglo ATH with her friends Euroman and Neomaven as part of the team "We believe in Miracles" and this find is only the second of significance in the entire two years that she has been part of the virtual world.

During the hunt on the 28th of July Nakia decided to drop a bomb whilst looking for the next Hogglo and instead of a Hogglo ATH, she uncovered a Blausarium one instead!

The interesting part?
Nakia explains the circumstances that lead to the find:
"Me and Euroman decided to go hunt Hogglos even though we had visitors, Euromans younger brother, who also plays Entropia, was here for a brief visit. I always carry bombs I don't really use probes a lot so I didn't have any with me.
We TP'ed once east as always and ran from there until we found the first Hogglo which sadly hit me with a critical and I went to revive. I TP'ed out again while Euroman waited for me where he had killed the Hogglo. I figured I could drop a bomb on the way when Euromans brother asked me if I had any probes on me. I told him no and he said that this was around where Brumle had gotten that ATH (Euromans brother Bagoni was the guy who was teamed with Brumle the day he got his ATH). So I said well I'll just drop a bomb like I always do when I run out after revive, and I got a hit."

"I might as well be honest - I don't mine a lot so therefore I am not good with claim sizes but I could see it would probably be a HOF when it said "Gigantic". So I asked Euroman and his brother Bagoni how big is gigantic? They both asked me "Are you are kidding??" before Euroman said if you have hit Gigantic it's an ATH.
Of course he thought I was joking because Brumle had gotten exact same size in the same area and I thought he was joking when he said it was an ATH, but I think they could tell that maybe it wasn't a joke by the way I looked at them. They both ran from Euromans computer over to me as I ran to the coords and the trumpets sounded and sparkles appeared."

It is certainly very interesting that the Blausarium was found in the same area that Brumle found his Oil ATH back in November 2005. It gets particularly interesting when you consider that Brumle dropped a probe whilst he was waiting for his hunting partner to revive and return after taking one too many Hogglo bites.

Nakia would also like it known that the mining tower drills up around 5000 PED worth of Blausarium per day and that she used an OA-103 when dropping the lucky bomb.

So here's a big congratulations to Nakia and her team mates - sometimes miracles do happen when you go looking for them, just not always in the form you expect!

- Deathifier

Nice story there, gratz Nakia :)

....and Deathifier ;)

I second that ... what a great storyline ... and congratulations on your find! :)

MindStar9 said:
I second that ... what a great storyline ... and congratulations on your find! :)

thank you so much :girl:

LOL That's awsome :D

Entropia on ABC National Radio in Australia

Round #2 at radio interviews, this one went somewhat better than the first ;)
Unfortunately the links did not carry across properly so visit the TI website and follow the links there if you want to listen in.

Entropia on ABC National Radio in Australia

Treasure Island and Entropia Universe were featured as part of the Background Briefing show on ABC national radio in Australia. This week the show covers the topic of real money in virtual worlds and includes segments where I was interviewed about the Island and what I do in Entropia Universe.

The show was aired early last Sunday (the 27th) and will be aired a second time at 7pm on Tuesday (the 29th). If you want to listen live instructions on how to tune in via radio are here or you can pick up the live stream here.

Don't want to listen in live? You can podcast (download) or stream it!

The show was very well researched and gives a great overview of the current state of virtual worlds and how real money interacts with them. I highly recommend listening to it!

Enjoy,
Deathifier

nice one :)

Off to listen now :tongue2:

Very well produced proggie :) .................

Last edited:
Full Moon Party this Saturday!

Full Moon Party this Saturday!

This Saturday everyone is invited to head on over to the Treasure Island Mansion for another Full Moon Party!

Free streaming music will be provided by moosic 01 which also operates outside the party - so make sure you can tune in beforehand so you don't miss the party tunes!

There will be several competitions with cool prizes such as free spaceflights, new clothes or equipment running throughout the party - details of the events and how to win will be provided on the night.

Party starts on Saturday the 7th of October at 20:00 UTC (ingame time) and runs into the early morning :)

Entry is free and no registration is required - simply walk on over to the Mansion, located just north of the central teleporter, and join the party!

I look forward to seeing you there,
Deathifier

Cool.
Its in the month of my B-Day aswell

Foul Guardians roaming around the northern area

Foul Guardians roaming around the northern area

As a combined Christmas and New Years present I have been able to complete and install a second Foul DNA sample in the Northern Area.
This has resulte in a dramatic improvement in density and allowed an increase in maturity.

At present the maturity is set in the middle and spawns a mostly Gatherer and Guardian combination with the occasional Scout and Scavenger also hanging around.

These Foul are, like all Foul, reasonably agressive, speedy and like hiding amongst the tall grasses and low hills of the northern region. Whilst they hit reasonably hard (sometimes up to 50+ damage) they are quite fragile creatures and thus are reasonably easy to bring down.

Enjoy!
- Deathifier

That's great "D" ... I'll have to tell my socmate Zar (rwin at EF) about it since he loves those things for some reason. :laugh: Hey, they're a nice maturity, so maybe I can use your area to capture footage for the "EU Mob Idol Auditions" as well ... thanks for the heads up! ;)

I noticed the bigger Fouls a couple of days ago when I was mining up there, and went back tonight for a hunt. MUCH better than the crappy spawn that was there before, I'm very glad you've changed this.

I also ran into one Adult and a couple of Raiders as well as a few Scavengers and Scouts, but I'd guess about 80% of the spawn is Gatherer & Guardian.

I need some Gnome Thighs, so I'll be back :)

Are the low Mats gone then?

Well as a noob, I liked the low Mats. Are they all gone now?

Well as a noob, I liked the low Mats. Are they all gone now?

Yep, Pretty much.....seen maybe 1 or 2 adult....don't think i've run into a young at all....

Awesome work Deathifier!! Loving the bigger, more mature spawns :yay:

I cant find a good spot of Globsters:scratch2:

Back