PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    syntax error
    Images
    I played since beta, and stopped playing about a year ago.

In the earlier days, I could make a small depo about once or twice a year and make it last forever. Before explosives killed the MU on everything, it was actually fairly easy to profit. That was the first big blow to the economy as I saw it.

The second came with the addition of rings and buffs. At that point it became less about how clever you were and more about how much you could spend. Note that the players who are doing well (the ones telling you that you don't know how to play) all have huge bankrolls and expensive gear. As someone else said earlier, bankroll is critical for surviving this game. The problem is that due to whatever changes that have brought the economy to what it is, you need a far larger bankroll than you used to need to survive.

One of the other core problems with this game is that contrary to most RPGs which get easier as you level up, this one gets harder and harder. As you progress your character, you need more and more resources to sustain yourself. As you start to hunt bigger mobs, you need a bigger pedcard, better gear, etc; to the point that being at the top of this game requires a vast amount of money. You have to figure out where your personal endgame is based on your budget.

Ultimately for me personally, this game became something far different from the Project Entropia I fell in love with 14 years ago. It used to be a universe that was fun to explore, hunt with friends, craft things, and try stuff without needing a spreadsheet in front of you and worrying about every fraction of a pec. I also remember when MA used to actually care about their customers. Anyone else remember the voting booths?
    syntax error
    No resources found since 2003-10-29

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's a competition?
    Yes it is.
    but not against other players, you are actually competing against yourself.
    Unless it's an event ofc.
    Depending on event also ofc.
    Entropia Universe: RCE -> RCNE
    Done with this MuppetShow.
    Have fun, and stay in tune, or was it, stay tuned?

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's no "upper limit" in this game. You can blow up any amount of money instantly. The only limiting factor is your skill level. As long as you're a useless noob it's somewhat harder to ruin yourself. As soon as you skill up, this defense is gone. Now you have to behave like grown up sensible and responsible person.

And then the wailing begins. And no wonder too! It's no fun being a sensible person, thinking your decisions through and taking responsibility for the results. Where the hell is the fun in that! That's the fraking everyday life! The whole point of playing games is to escape everyday life, to behave like a fool, never make plans, never think about the consequences.

If this is how you think there's nothing wrong with you. You are a normal person, the perfectly normal Average Joe...

EU is not for you, go find a nice subscription based game (preferably without a web-shop option).

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    It's no fun being a sensible person, thinking your decisions through and taking responsibility for the results. Where the hell is the fun in that! That's the fraking everyday life! The whole point of playing games is to escape everyday life, to behave like a fool, never make plans, never think about the consequences.
    For that part I play other games then EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth View Post
    If this is how you think there's nothing wrong with you. You are a normal person, the perfectly normal Average Joe...
    I'm very happy to be not the Average Joe
    Entropia Universe: RCE -> RCNE
    Done with this MuppetShow.
    Have fun, and stay in tune, or was it, stay tuned?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pretto Loco Believingson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by syntax View Post
    I played since beta, and stopped playing about a year ago.

In the earlier days, I could make a small depo about once or twice a year and make it last forever. Before explosives killed the MU on everything, it was actually fairly easy to profit. That was the first big blow to the economy as I saw it.

The second came with the addition of rings and buffs. At that point it became less about how clever you were and more about how much you could spend. Note that the players who are doing well (the ones telling you that you don't know how to play) all have huge bankrolls and expensive gear. As someone else said earlier, bankroll is critical for surviving this game. The problem is that due to whatever changes that have brought the economy to what it is, you need a far larger bankroll than you used to need to survive.

One of the other core problems with this game is that contrary to most RPGs which get easier as you level up, this one gets harder and harder. As you progress your character, you need more and more resources to sustain yourself. As you start to hunt bigger mobs, you need a bigger pedcard, better gear, etc; to the point that being at the top of this game requires a vast amount of money. You have to figure out where your personal endgame is based on your budget.

Ultimately for me personally, this game became something far different from the Project Entropia I fell in love with 14 years ago. It used to be a universe that was fun to explore, hunt with friends, craft things, and try stuff without needing a spreadsheet in front of you and worrying about every fraction of a pec. I also remember when MA used to actually care about their customers. Anyone else remember the voting booths?
    I usually don't reply with a copy of an entire post but sometimes a post needs to be repeated. I am not saying this just to get some random friend in game or in forum, believe when I say that every word you said is exactly my feelings. For any long timer (been around just after beta) it must feel the same. I could go on in a piss contesting rampage about how the soul of PE got lost a long time ago. But back in the days playing this game was being in the gaming frontier, so much never seen before. Now it is as fun as going to an extremelly bad payed work. You just do it because you invested so much time and money in it.

It really made me happy to read that you managed to quit a year ago. Probably harder than quitting many other addictions.

Mindark has completely failed in attracting (and more importantly keeping) new players due to their choise of revenue strategy. It was easier to focus on
    1. Gamblers
    2. Old timers ready to invest in high end gear to get (sorry me saying, but peanuts).
    3. Enough newbies that deposit until they understand the astronomical distance between them and the high end players.

But to the OP I can only say what I have always said, become a low level miner. Research an entire planet for the drops and keep constantly looking at the markups. Most ores/enmatter sells, but ofc not with the markups as in the past.

A friend of mine also said that he heard that 500 kills is a good number to even things out. So I made a very simple spreadsheet to try and survive on my budget. You can make it yourself like this:

Cell 1: Budget (ped)
    Cell 2: Number of kills (I add 500)
    Cell 3: Damage per pec (whatever dpp you manage to get on your gun)
    Cell 4: Total damage for budget (100 * Cell 1 * Cell 2)
    Cell 5: Damage/kill (Cell 4/Cell 2)

Lets give an example
    I have 300 ped I want to hunt for and get the most out of it.
    I want to know what mob I can hunt to afford to hunt enough to get the best possible return for these 300 ped.

Cell 1: Budget (300 ped)
    Cell 2: Number of kills (500)
    Cell 3: Damage per pec (2,9 dpp)
    Cell 4: Total damage for budget (87000)
    Cell 5: Damage/kill (174)

So with this info I know I can afford to hunt 500 mobs with a max HP of 174.
    And according to Entropedia there are 135 mobs with a MIN HP of 174.
    If you are lucky and tt profit you can increase the budget next hunt and therefore hunt a bigger mob.
    If you tt lost you can decrease it the next hunt.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morfoc View Post
    But sincerely I have never been as economical as now in all my career of EU or you want a lively planet with people who team, who laughs. Not mathematicians who must calculate every penny.
    If you were truly hunting as economical as you say you are you should be profiting 55-65% of all hunts. I team hunt more often now and have fun with other people in my society, so they can experience the profits and show them how I hunt eco. Yes I count every millipec but for me its best to know I am ahead than losing and depositing every time I take loss, my spreadsheet does the heavy lifting in the maths.

Quote Originally Posted by timofeJKE View Post
    Back then i could hunt kerbo and break even, MU for everything has gone down and with same tt return? u can't break even, nevermind 2.9 eco or 3. I think u know better than me what to do - find mob with good MU (not on caly i suppose). I know that doesn't sound like a lot of fun but unfortunately no one will tell u which mob is the best in terms of MU cause no one needs competitors.
    I am doing bronze kerberos challenge at the moment, if your eco is high enough you can profit on TT alone, why does nobody understand this simple concept? Markup is additional peds for me and even free skills lol. I know a few (low level) profitable mobs for markup on calypso, but for now just getting through the good iron quests remaining.

Understand, a high enough eco for a specific or particular mob will mean you will profit more often on TT and break even or profit consistently on TT, I do not use markup for breaking even but to expand my balance. My hunting log clearly shows that, when I was at 10k cycled, I was at 101% TT return, at double that, I am still around 101%, quite the coincidence isnt it? Always 1% above the pack xD.

You know what the funny thing is, everyone is saying that there is hardly any markup in the game, yet me solely hunting mobs at or under 300 hp, I am averaging 106% with 101% TT lol. But yes explosives did remove much of the hunting markup but still 106% average is still quite good imo.

Ps: if anyone is interested in how to profit, come watch me @ https://www.twitch.tv/lightangel112

~Mark~
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 06-02-2017 at 21:02.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MORFOC AS SERBAN
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    If you were truly hunting as economical as you say you are you should be profiting 55-65% of all hunts. I team hunt more often now and have fun with other people in my society, so they can experience the profits and show them how I hunt eco. Yes I count every millipec but for me its best to know I am ahead than losing and depositing every time I take loss, my spreadsheet does the heavy lifting in the maths.

I am doing bronze kerberos challenge at the moment, if your eco is high enough you can profit on TT alone, why does nobody understand this simple concept? Markup is additional peds for me and even free skills lol. I know a few (low level) profitable mobs for markup on calypso, but for now just getting through the good iron quests remaining.

Understand, a high enough eco for a specific or particular mob will mean you will profit more often on TT and break even or profit consistently on TT, I do not use markup for breaking even but to expand my balance. My hunting log clearly shows that, when I was at 10k cycled, I was at 101% TT return, at double that, I am still around 101%, quite the coincidence isnt it? Always 1% above the pack xD.

You know what the funny thing is, everyone is saying that there is hardly any markup in the game, yet me solely hunting mobs at or under 300 hp, I am averaging 106% with 101% TT lol. But yes explosives did remove much of the hunting markup but still 106% average is still quite good imo.

Ps: if anyone is interested in how to profit, come watch me @ https://www.twitch.tv/lightangel112

~Mark~
    I think you did not quite understand what I'm complaining then, do you really think I'll stay at the kerberos 10h / day for 10 years? Do not be foolish you see that you are manipulated like a sweat in disguise. You do not believe after so much time spent in game and so much money spent that I can have the pleasure of not ruined me with each different monster? You think I'm an idiot and I do not know a few profitable monsters? Ok me I give, Caperon young you can hunt it all your life will be profitable (really sorry to accustom the spot). But you believe I will chase years and years a lvl28 monster who is blocking not ubber sup 2k but profitable? Opens the eyes
    We are trying to enrich them unnecessarily and they fuck us with Ring / pet that costs a fortune to make it work / Miss Evade Failed mode / soon your weapon will be able to stop if you not enough clean with the "Kit Omegaton Cleaning "
    Where is the vote as Syntax say that I have seen but never served,
    What serves the president autoelected apart from making the husband that he is President.
    We can also have our say if we agree with the place to believe that one weep uselessly or the other says bullshit.
    It's been since 2003 I play I saw Evolution the game and I shoot the alarm bell they will kill the game

Where can you see Alan after 300k? Me personally you can see that I have consumed after each big ubb because that is it has the origine the game, fun when you win to type bigger even to lose but well laugh.
    You win to suffer and you do not want to have the same sensation Awake you

I am not the only one I receive the people PM , MA abuse if at least it agrees to boycott something like their rotten statue too expensive, at least we will have the pleasure of not always be sheep. You think it makes me happy to come to think like that of a group that I appreciated for their professionalism at the beginning

If there is a former project entropia at Mindark and he reads this message help us, remember the most voted points before the Vu4.0 !!!
    We want the day night
    We want vehicles
    We wants cool objects
    We want events

In the place we had in the Vu 4.0 : the No loot
    VU 10 we had cryengine but we pay it limit of our pocket

Remember that we have already suffered and we said Ok if it is for the good of the game
    But it looks well it disguises the system of you have to be with the best equipment for such a monster if not you died to compensate the fact that they want to come back of money that people play means that before and therefore those who Play more faster pass to the deposit

MA makes profits so why a fighter or miners does not have the right to do without this treading head to calculate each parameter while MA I do not think it's treading the ass with their Dynamic loot. Stay realistic I'm not broker . the day when the game stops a shot lack of players, I do not lose fortunes but you may be ...

You pay for ammo etc but you have to pay the price that MA wants and succeed to survive, but they have already created the sweat for those who want to play in survival mode you understand not !!!!!

You make a safari you want to chase a lion you pay, and the guy brings you a zebra and tells you it's all you deserve
    Last edited by morfoc; 06-02-2017 at 23:50.
    Born in Jason Centre in 2003
    Ghost Vagabond in 2017
    14 years of loot TT

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Mordoc's math is fine. Returns are slightly down overall to pay for whatever gap is happening in MA's returns. My guess is that everyone is covering the cost of all these +1% / +2% pills, rings, and other buffs. That or maybe the game is failing financially due to not providing entertainment value effectively enough, or maybe reflecting some real world economic condition. Or maybe MA is just feeling greedy.

My recommendation is to bring down per-minute outlay by hunting things like snablesnots and wait for the silliness to pass.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morfoc View Post
    I think you did not quite understand what I'm complaining then, do you really think I'll stay at the kerberos 10h / day for 10 years? Do not be foolish you see that you are manipulated like a sweat in disguise. You do not believe after so much time spent in game and so much money spent that I can have the pleasure of not ruined me with each different monster? You think I'm an idiot and I do not know a few profitable monsters? Ok me I give, Caperon young you can hunt it all your life will be profitable (really sorry to accustom the spot). But you believe I will chase years and years a lvl28 monster who is blocking not ubber sup 2k but profitable? Opens the eyes
    Was this not about poor loot returns on every hunting setup you have used & tested, since 2003 till now?

Look the game was changed around 2015/2016, I am obviously pointing to how in all my posts but you don't seem to get it? The principal is the same whether you are hunting lv3/4 mobs or lv30/40 mobs. You have no one but to blame for your losses but yourself and sadly that is the truth you haven't yet realised. Let me be as blunt as possible for you. Returns are based on ECO, so atm in this current system DPP is king for any level of hunting, and as you progress to higher tier mobs DPS has to be involved more heavily.

This has been confirmed by Linzey multiple times on forum, you have Messi using an IMK2 with 200 DPS (high dpp & high dps combo). Then you have people using large interval weapons (DPS based) with highest crit dmg buffs and FB (DPP) style setups. So in your case using an 80 dps weapon at 2.9 dpp you are sadly not in the correct dpp range to be getting anywhere near 95% returns so over time you will LOSE PED hunting the same mobs as other high lvl players. So know your mob tier based on DPP not dps and stay there. Best advise I can give you for not losing more ped.

Unless of course you have 1 million peds stashed away somewhere for a rainy day?

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MORFOC AS SERBAN
    Society
    AF-RFC
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Was this not about poor loot returns on every hunting setup you have used & tested, since 2003 till now?

Look the game was changed around 2015/2016, I am obviously pointing to how in all my posts but you don't seem to get it? The principal is the same whether you are hunting lv3/4 mobs or lv30/40 mobs. You have no one but to blame for your losses but yourself and sadly that is the truth you haven't yet realised. Let me be as blunt as possible for you. Returns are based on ECO, so atm in this current system DPP is king for any level of hunting, and as you progress to higher tier mobs DPS has to be involved more heavily.

This has been confirmed by Linzey multiple times on forum, you have Messi using an IMK2 with 200 DPS (high dpp & high dps combo). Then you have people using large interval weapons (DPS based) with highest crit dmg buffs and FB (DPP) style setups. So in your case using an 80 dps weapon at 2.9 dpp you are sadly not in the correct dpp range to be getting anywhere near 95% returns so over time you will LOSE PED hunting the same mobs as other high lvl players. So know your mob tier based on DPP not dps and stay there. Best advise I can give you for not losing more ped.

Unless of course you have 1 million peds stashed away somewhere for a rainy day?
    Can you re-read the title of my post? MIDDLE DEPOSIT if I had something to buy an impkk2 I will make it reflect then.
    You tell me back constance etc ok
    I also have someone from my soc with an impmk2 and he told me 99.5% back about TT for 300kped turn, I say ok it's okay
    But I have not an impmk2 MA has not created tons you talk about the 10% of players with weapons ubbers.
    Middle deposit / middle lvl property that MA will not collapse people who put more than 300kped in 1year

You talk about Messi but I do not know him and at the sight of his 1st post I do not want to know him, but I think that being gamer his goal is to ATH not just to make profitable. Maybe I'm wrong and time better for him. But by depositing less than 500k I have a HOF hunt better than his and I have 2ATH and countless ubber. MA will just wait for it to faint to make him want the win hopes lol good luck

To see you write rufen we will say that I cry not to be enriched, but I just want everyone to play has a game that will continue in a player perspective, we are not the one for that MA makes record profits c ' What is this? I do not make any profit why they do it and I find myself unable to buy my ammunition while I deposit permanently?

I rephrase if I play 10h non stop why I have not at least right to recuperate on the same monster the sum or at least 90% of the sum in the end? Now you are either lucky enough to have prepared your hunting for perfection; Either you loose and MA tells you you can redeposit try to lose if you want
    Last edited by morfoc; 06-03-2017 at 11:59.
    Born in Jason Centre in 2003
    Ghost Vagabond in 2017
    14 years of loot TT

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast