Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Codex concerns

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Cheerful View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While your very impolite post should not merit a response I am feeling generous today.

Grinding missions that reward attribute tokens were the only thing that kept me playing. I also would like to know how we are supposed to gain attributes now that the codex rewards don't seem to contain any attribute tokens. What were they thinking? Are we missing something?
    They are thinking, just not about us the players. That is what we are missing. We think they will implement ideas with the player in mind and that just isn't the case. They are implementing what is best and easiest for them. Also cheapest. So instead of paying devs to give us an awesome new mission system they saved time and money to install something a 5th grader could draw up with crayons. Im not even trying to be hard on them, the codex is literally that bad.

I am with you in that I do missions for the most important reward in the game which are attributes and to target specific skill rewards. The reason we grind 4 or 5 stages is to get to that final awesome reward. Now it's gone so no reason to grind any stages. The old 10k kill mission with bronze and very unique rewards meant you had incentives to do them. Now the incentives are all gone. Having so many stages with boring rewards each time doesn't get you excited to complete a mission chain. The rewards each stage should be exponentially better and that drives you to finish iron missions. Now every mob is the same boring reward. Midaswell just hunt kerbs or whatever with no incentive to ever hunt anything else. What a terrible step for an MMORPG that is supposed to be an adventure!

Furthermore land owners are screwed. I was on the early stages of Sumima a great attribute mission chain. Now it's gone and I will never hunt that mob again or visit that LA. I never got to the older maturity atrox missions which was good for the Atrox LAs. Now all the missions to kill certain maturities are gone and again, I now will never go and hunt on these LA again. No reason too.

It's sad that so little went into thinking about the investors and players of this game when they produced this codex. I guess we shouldn't be shocked though. If they cared they wouldn't of done it in the first place. So it's doubtful they will fix it.

We can only hope they don't ruin other planets with codex. Hope planet partners unite vs such a garbage system. The mission systems on other planets are far superior than this codex because actual thought and imagination was put into it.

I wonder if MA will ever take real feedback?
    Last edited by The Abomb; 10-31-2019 at 11:13.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    If there are 5 people on the forum complaining, that does not make the system bad. People complain because they have personal expectations that are not achievable. There are always people that want something else, whatever you put in front of them.
    Codex is great for all the new players. Also, it makes it easier to speed skill up in a profession to unlock skills. Also, is easy to use and you do not need to do anything special to take advantage of the rewards.
    Obviously, lots of people have no idea what to choose as a reward and make pointless choices, so they see no benefit of this system, but that does not make the system bad.
    Players most affected are those at high skill level, because skills will not be as rewarding anymore. Other than that, people will be able to hunt whatever they want, whenever they want, and once in a while, get a reward for it. No strings attached. That is great, because you can focus on whatever mob is more profitable at a time, instead of grinding on a specific mission chain. Again, the fact that people fail to identify what is better to hunt at a point in time, is not the fault of anyone.
    Codex is the best thing that happened in EU not because of what it is now, but because of what will allow to develop in future. It is, if you want, an architectural decision.
    There are no attributes rewards in Codex. That does not mean that attributes will never be awarded in different ways. Codex is not the end of development. However, they can have a way to award attributes in a smart and controlled way.

Codex will impact the economy in different ways. Ways new players can't see at this point. The result of the way things are implemented is that people will need more crafted items at different skill levels, making crafting an interesting profession. That in turn, will make mining and hunting interesting, because it will drive up the markup on different items. It will not happen over night tho. I expect to see the results in about 1-2 years.

All in all, the changes to EU are on a positive trend. Life for new players is easier than it has ever been. The cost to play is a lot easier to manage. (I am not saying that is cheap, because it can be expensive for some people or free for others)
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Didn't mean to post.

Peace, Miles

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiityLiLMongo View Post
    I have finished a lot of mission chains on caly and since finished have not hunted them mobs again ...it is refreshing to hunt these mobs again for the 1st time in what 5yrs or more?....bet some LA owners happy bout that.

Finished chains include spiders falx feff LT 5+ times levi mulman plongu prot rex scip sumina and about the same amount of other mobs almost finished....the new codex opens up a whole lotta fun for me

I don't think Im alone in saying I would like to see every mob that is on a player owned LA removed from MA free to hunt areas

MA should be less greedy and let their biggest investors have some fair play .its just so wrong of MA to sabotage people who spend 10s of thousands US dollars forcing LAs prices and income down ...I don't think I need to give examples coz us the players know already wat MA have done and continue to do.

How about for every free MA mob they delete replace that mob with a brand new free mob until DNA is discovered and so on ...its a win for all not just MA then

MA want peeps to deposit and I don't think there is a better way to get investors involved with large sums on cash

Im posting here but also gonna start a new thread with this I think
    Just one thing: Who pays the tax on taxed land? The hunter/miner, right? That's the thinking that leads hunters/miners to avoid taxed land areas completely. My thinking on it - maybe just me - is that the tax on taxed LAs needs to come out of MA's pocket in order to make land owning a meaningful investment.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    F1ngers ShiityLiLMongo Throatgash
    Society
    Antipodean army
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Just one thing: Who pays the tax on taxed land? The hunter/miner, right? That's the thinking that leads hunters/miners to avoid taxed land areas completely. My thinking on it - maybe just me - is that the tax on taxed LAs needs to come out of MA's pocket in order to make land owning a meaningful investment.
    I think a player owned land area has always been to host a mob that is unique or mining areas that have unique or high mu ores and enmats

The player owned land area can cost a lot to maintain hence the taxes

The hunter or miner pays the tax to try to loot the unique or the high mu items if they wants to...or they can hunt trox and get no mu on anything ever for example

I think it was and still is a great system...just needs a bit of stability and commonsense from a certain games company

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Way too much to read all the posts. Having said that I would like to give a view. The OP goes into great detail but forgets one thing, this is just a game and I don't think most could not even begin to make a living from it, and if you don't like it then don't play, end of story. Myself I love the game and play it nearly every day. When I first started I had just retired and it was like going to work but much more fun. I even played close to 26 hours one day to finish an argo mission. I Did stop for about 2 years after the 2010 VU to the Cry engine because I didn't like what was done but other than that I have played nearly every single day. I have played, like I said every day for about 10 years (started in 2007 this month) I, in just the last couple of months finally hit 100 damage and hit in laser pistol and though it took 10 years I pretty much loved all the playing.

Finally, as I said, if you don't like the game, quit, because all of the dissecting will not change way MA does things.

Just my opinion no offense meant
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Looks like the repeatable mission starts automatically.

I still have some IRON IV and V missions. I'm working on those at the same time. If the old system can still exist with this new system up, why do they have to get rid of it?? I'm upset because I only started playing this year and I will never get the chance to do bronze.. etc. We should get IRON missions after you complete the Cotex crap. Congratulations you have completed the retard missions!! Please report to Capt X at Camp XXX to receive an Iron Mission etc.. Why so freaking lame with no interaction. Everything in the game should be made to play with some kind of goal or progression. That's why they call it a Video game... Some of us do LOVE to grind! That's why we play!. for those who don't like to, you should be able to opt out! For those of us that do, give us back our BIG GRIND missions!!

Regarding the attribute tokens ... Cyrene and Toulan are a good source of them, how about we leave calypso for a season and emigrate? If there were enough players on those two planets, the thing would be fantastic there ...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Graden (Switch) Foss
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post

I even played close to 26 hours one day...

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Inferno View Post
    Regarding the attribute tokens ... Cyrene and Toulan are a good source of them, how about we leave calypso for a season and emigrate? If there were enough players on those two planets, the thing would be fantastic there ...
    And Ark. After finishing the old missions on Caly I will sure as hell leave Caly until they fuck up the missions of the other planets too. Hopefully that will take a while.
    Give a man a PED and he plays for a day. Teach a man to deposit and he pays your loot for a lifetime! -- Uber proverb
    Common sense died and never showed up at the revive terminal.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And Araneatrox.
    Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast