VU 8.7 Preview

another thing - the game was going strong before the Opalo,

when it came about I was just like "WTF?" who is paying for that?... anyway...

so axe1.0, amped opalo, ...

so lets see what is next in the box of upcoming "bugged" weapons :drool:

SB2 said:
Think about it Pinky... Who wants to go from a gun with 10HA to one with 2HA? Cuz that's the only way they will increase damage...

new era of crafting is near, looks like

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, correct, given the currently available amps, in VU 8.7 over a dozen new amps will come as well, targeted at every level of of the advancement scale.
What about new guns? I now have a Dante I paid tt+1k for which won't work with the madox4 I also paid tt+1k for. The mad4 is basically the most powerful BLP handgun in the game. Is there going to be no handgun that I can use my dante with? This is really a kick in the face considering how I've spent my money and time skiling for the last several months. I am hugely dissapointed.

fresco said:
another thing - the game was going strong before the Opalo,

when it came about I was just like "WTF?" who is paying for that?... anyway...

so axe1.0, amped opalo, ...

so lets see what is next in the box of upcoming "bugged" weapons :drool:

"The bugged improved A-3 justifier mk2 has now been fixed. It was never meant to do more than 1 attack/min"

AkiranBlade said:
Well this is clearly not the case.

I went out with an amped Opalo last night, and on 50ped of ammo I made a net loss of 20peds. That's far from profit.

LOL, I did a 100ped hunt on foul last night, after all was said and done, I was -35 on the hunt. Just imagine with lower eco!!! :eek: Would likly be -50 to -60 :mad:

Damm just now that i started Opalo hunting again. :mad:

Guess it's back to mining or good bye EU for me if there won't be any changes on the Hit Ability and min damage on different level of weapons.
I tried a MKII just recently and lost over 300 PED within 4 hours.

No way i use anything then maxed out or very high min damage and hit abilty weapons in this game.

PINKY said:
Didnt the VU update mention adjustments between the handgun and rifle speeds to balance things (might have been imagining it)

but anyway, switch to the Mann mph, then you wont have a problem, as its way faster than the tt gun, with similar stats...

Also, a side issue, but worth considering that with the opallo and 101, there is no extra ammo shot either... so will make hunts last longer :D

Sure. The opalo + 101 will be close to the same as opalo + 103 in regards to damage per cell used, but won't cover the additional decay from more shots being fired and more opportunity to take damage from a mob that's living longer. Hunting unarmored could help make up for some of that for those of us still hunting low level mobs in armor. Until we test all of this out, we just can't be completely certain of the full ramifications to our individual hunting styles nor how we will have to adjust.

Hugs,
Aliana

omg EU is gonna crash, buying a204 for tt+500, sell em to me before its too late!! :eek:

Centech said:
What about new guns? I now have a Dante I paid tt+1k for which won't work with the madox4 I also paid tt+1k for. The mad4 is basically the most powerful BLP handgun in the game. Is there going to be no handgun that I can use my dante with? This is really a kick in the face considering how I've spent my money and time skiling for the last several months. I am hugely dissapointed.

buying Dante TT+25 :D

Cindywood said:
"The bugged improved A-3 justifier mk2 has now been fixed. It was never meant to do more than 1 attack/min"

LoL,

but this is not exactly what i mean.

MA manages to add a new weapon that becomes a "cult" weapon due to it's eficiency all the time (axe0.1, amped opalo)

so there will be something else that will replace them and later "nerfed"...

and you are right - modfap never meant to heal 160 for one peck....

Centech said:

Nobody said it won't work with it, what they said was you will get reduced effect.

What I do see though is that the big amps are going to tank in price because they will be useless to anyone other than an uber.

Thanks again MA for helping the players who do not need help.

Som was asking for non ampable opalo ... lol... again MA beat all player and came with a new idea to fubar all amp and weapon in 1 hit... hahaha
MA i love you , i just bouth an maddox4 last week ....

I bet most of the new AMP will have crap eco , and the rare with not bad eco we will have to wait 1 year to find BP and it will take an special strage ore that noone never find...

I hope , at least you will create stuff like AMP L for all weapon (even melée) ...

Kaiser said:
Nobody said it won't work with it, what they said was you will get reduced effect.

What I do see though is that the big amps are going to tank in price because they will be useless to anyoneother than an uber.
I understand. 'reduced effect' is what I mean by not work.

I realize I can actually keep using my nerfed amp for reduced damage and horrible efficiency if I still choose to. Thanks for that MA. :rolleyes:

SB2 said:
selling Beast tt+1500 ;)

there are still a few left at auction... i am trying to be nice, but not sure how long i would last... i still have a few peds left.... :bandit:

Hummm i'm looking forward to see this Vu... i like the new gui, it makes me hot :rolleyes:

lol

That looks awesome, I love the new HUD... They must have grabbed Quincy Adams and told him to fire off 2 shots on the single-player in-house-connection system though lol, poor guy. :(

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38999

"Hey Quincy, go out into this Foggy area and shoot a couple shots, take a pic, and your done for the week."

Hehe seriously though, I'm looking forward to this next VU. After all the crap MA took for the movement issues in the last updates, I'm sure they won't release this one with the same bugs. Will they...? Anyway, no comment on the amp system since I haven't seen any of these dozen new amps yet. Might be better eco. or at the least more customizeable which amp you choose you use.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys,
first of all let me thank Zylex (CCC), Will (nAn), Kyndig (nAn) and myself (lolz!) for making me think and refrain from dropping a whole load of money to buy me a couple A106 (+1.5k each) and an A204 (+8.5k).

Now my second thank is going out to Marco and the full MindArk crew: guys, today's my birthday, and you've just presented me the best present I could get... You saved me from throwing out the window a whole load of bucks, and that's much better than any HoF or global I was hoping for during the past days :p

That said, I sincerely think you're stepping in the wrong direction here!
Come on, let's be realistic: you gave us a carrot (not a caroot! Will you guys ever get a spellcheck done?!), the Sollomate Opalo & the Omegaton M2100, because you nerfed the skill system and the 1x0, and then you pull it away from us, rendering it almost useless...

But the thing that hurts me more than everything else reading this Preview is that those changes are supposed to be done for our enjoyment!
VU8.7 Preview - Weapon Attachments said:
[...] We also wanted to enhance the sense of advancement regarding the items you decide to use based on the skills you have - the more skills you have, the better equipment you can efficiently use.
[...]
Therefore a change is being made to the weapon amplifier system. From VU 8.7 an amp will at most increase the weapon base damage by 50%.
As was already said by others, the only thing that might be able to balance the counter-effects of this whopping-brand-new--nerfing(TM) is the implementation of a ladder of HA/CHA on the Standard Weapons, or the delivery thru the Trade Terminal of more SIB-enabled, not-(L) weapons, let's call them Adj/Imp/Mod Opalo, with different maxed out levels, ofc...

Now for the good/random notes:

• Nice to see the preview of upcoming releases guys, keep it up!
  • Nice to see that probably you've got a test-environment too, but as we hope experience proved you, you should also put some heavy stress over it...
  • Can you please tell that "Jones" avatar there that, with all the PED he's got, he should go and get some better armor than Settler? It's useless, ya know...
  • While you're there, tell him also to sell that Opalo: I've head that MA's going to nerf it soon! :whisper:
  • Oh, say him "Hello" too, please! ,-P
Anyways, thanks again! I'm going to buy me a new computer instead of those amps (prolly that one)! Or maybe I'll fix my H-D! ,-)

Paolo/Opalo :smoke:

Well as a long term player i find this change both nice and realistic to me L weapons that i get minimum benefit from seemed unbalanced and poorly made i hope this change can give us back some balance in game and dont forget the worse the average efficiency is for the whole comunity the better the loot

Two words: OHH SHIT. :mad:

I'm a Maddox 4 and Dante hunter and have been for a real long time now. I've well surpassed my rifle skills with my HG skills for a reason, dmg/sec of the M4 & Dante combo. This is really unsettling considering the thousands of dollars I've spent getting to the level I'm at and achieve the HA i have only to have my dmg/sec that I've been working at for years nerfed.

From what I understand of MA's plans this is going to be a very emotional VU which IMO isn't going to generate a positive response from the general public.

Marco, lets face it, EU isn't a game and people have sunk very large amounts of cash into this universe. That fact alone will make this very emotional. I expect to offset the change in dmg/sec of my gear I will be compensated in less hits from a mob when tanking it?!?!?!?

I won't even get into the fact that now I have to click more to kill a mob which ALREADY HURTS MY DAMN ARM ENOUGH!

What happened to the "We will never change the stats on a weapon" statement that I've seen so so many times.

I do believe that the L weapons posed an issue for overall economy and gave folks that were content to opalo hunt argos all day an advantage over those using non-L weapons. That needed to be addressed without doubt. But why punish all the folks in game who use non-L weapons and have been funding all those folks using the L weapons?

I'll wait for the VU to pass final judgement but by the information that's been shared in this thread, I'm not going to be pleased.... :wise:

I can only hope MA have thought this through well enough to give us the community something in exchange for the loss we are taking...

EDIT: Will I start seeing better returns on my hunting runs? In the end that's my real problem with EU. It cost too damn much to play using my Maddox 4 as my primary hunting weapon but yet I can't stand to hunt with the boring ass small weapons... So I hunt with the big guns all the time and experience excessive losses day after day. I can live with this new system if it is truly going to mitigate my losses. But is that going to be the case????? Will the eco junkies who just want to play for the least amount of money possible not find a way to keep using the highly economical small weapons? I think they'll find a way, maybe we'll see that people don't ever hunt solo with the opalo but rather always in a team after this VU?

I can see where this change is supposed to be heading but I don't think this is the resolution. The issue of folks being willing to grind away with the least expensive and most economical weapons isn't going away. Those folks will find a way to make it work for them. And I applaud them for that as well as envy them because I wish I could enjoy this game at that level but I simply can't... I didn't invest so much of my time and money in this game to put my real gear in storage and go hunt snables with an opalo in my goblin just to have a chance to break even. :confused:

Last edited:
Hally said:
Well as a long term player i find this change both nice and realistic to me L weapons that i get minimum benefit from seemed unbalanced and poorly made i hope this change can give us back some balance in game and dont forget the worse the average efficiency is for the whole comunity the better the loot

Got an inside track on how loot works, Hally? From what I see less efficiency = more decay.... and as Marco has said, MA makes their money from decay....

SB2 said:
Got an inside track on how loot works, Hally? From what I see less efficiency = more decay.... and as Marco has said, MA makes their money from decay....

lol...you nailed it :laugh:

Heap said:
Two words: OHH SHIT. :mad:

I can only hope MA have thought this through well enough to give us the community something in exchange for the loss we are taking...

Haven't you heard? There's a new HUD !!!! :clap:

While this really does suck for dante owners (trust me, I just bought one)...

I honestly don't believe MA has done this to "make more money". They are balancing the system, simple as that. I really do beleive they are continuing on the trend to (L) items... (as I think the new amps will be (L)).

Lets all hope we are feeling better when MA comes out with super efficient crafted (L) amps ;)

Well, this is a turnup for the books...

+ Rep to Marco|Mindark for giving us a preview.

HUD looks pretty...

Lets hope that as well as the amp issue they introduce some ímp / adj / mod amps (maybe with current stats?)

This might balance things up for a while, so start collecting the 101 / 102 / 103 / 104 / 105 / 106 in storage in the hope they get çhanged' :D

CareBear said:
While this really does suck for dante owners (trust me, I just bought one)...

I honestly don't believe MA has done this to "make more money". They are balancing the system, simple as that. I really do beleive they are continuing on the trend to (L) items... (as I think the new amps will be (L)).

Lets all hope we are feeling better when MA comes out with super efficient crafted (L) amps ;)

Still does nothing to improve the HA on non (L) weapons....

Korss prices are gonna go through the roof.....

PINKY said:
Didnt the VU update mention adjustments between the handgun and rifle speeds to balance things (might have been imagining it)

but anyway, switch to the Mann mph, then you wont have a problem, as its way faster than the tt gun, with similar stats...

Also, a side issue, but worth considering that with the opallo and 101, there is no extra ammo shot either... so will make hunts last longer :D

Pinky,

Speed of tt pistol and opalo is the same (44). Opalo does 8 dmg and eats 2 ammo, tt hg does 4 and eats 1 ammo. Do you really see any need to adjust anything here? With tt hg+104 I was getting dmg/sec close to one opalo users have (bit less still) but I was using bit less ammo. A103+Opalo+5K ammo = 80 ped. A104+hg+4K ammo = 80 ped. I paid bit more for decay but I can't use Opalo if I want to skill hg.
And no, thanks, I don't want my hunts to be even longer. 4K with tt hg feel long like hell comparing to 20K with m2875 (im not even talking about maddoxIV here).

Mahnn is cool of course. But I manage to get 50% or less returns with tt weapons and more than enough skills for those. Mahn would be even less effective and without amp it'll do same damage just on bit higher speed. Most of mid mobs won't be huntable with such weapon.

So now I'm left with few options. Pay 200% markup on Korss400 (and I believe price of it can grow a lot after this VU) or use my non-L M2875 or MaddoxIV and pay 50$ a day for lagging my way from one spot to another. Doesn't sound really cool.

My wife loves you now Marco!
I will be spending less time playing Entropia because I will not be able to afford long hunts anymore. Instead of a four hour hunt with my opalo, I will now spend one hour with my MK II before I run out of money.

You are adding more amps? If they are for rifles and pistols, who cares? We won't be able to use most of the ones we have now. Wow, MA adds more powerful amps but I can't afford 100K peds for the gun that uses them.

Some people said this levels the playing field? :eek:
What are you talking about? The rift just got bigger. Unless you can afford an uber weapon, you can't use a big amp anymore. That means fun fun decay while trying to kill an Atrox Mature with your 12 dmg opalo or kill it with an MK II. BTW, I have almost 5k rifle and still am not overly happy with my economy with the MK II. So you people with 2.0 HA on it, look out.

People said "I like the new HUD".
Who gives a crap about that? I guess it will give you something to look at since you can't afford to hunt much anymore. Ewwwwww. I'm gonna stand around PA and look at my pretty new HUD since I can't afford to hunt with my MK II. This is so much fun. <severe sarcasm on that part, in case you were too busy looking at your pretty new HUD to figure it out>

I don't want to bash MA because I love playing Entropia and only want them to succeed, therefore letting me have fun in their successful universe, but this turn of events really concerns me. Maybe there are enough "rich" people playing so that MA doesn't care about the people who deposit less than $400 USD a month. If that is the case, this is a move in the right direction. I do seriously think this will negatively impact the people who deposit less money.

I hope I am wrong and MA is right. But, I am scared. :eek:

If you feel like neg rep me for my opinion, go ahead. I will not retaliate, I do not give out neg rep. :)

MA site said:
Today it's easy to take a low-level weapon and add a high-level amp and this just doesn't correspond with the notion of steady advancement and investment in new gear

Guess its time to dig into our wallets to buy advance and invest in new gear :laugh:

SB2 said:
Still does nothing to improve the HA on non (L) weapons....

Korss prices are gonna go through the roof.....

Well.. thats a completely unrelated topic to the amp nerf... and you don't need to improve HA to improve efficiency.

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, correct, given the currently available amps, in VU 8.7 over a dozen new amps will come as well, targeted at every level of of the advancement scale.

E-amps? Don't make me laugh :dunce:

Edit: I just realized, they're all going to be (L).... :D

Back