EBN: Ouch!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
18 July 2007

Apparently EBN and Calypso's colonists weren't the only ones to notice the beginning of three large migrations on Eudoria last night. Suspecting our brave warriors were busy elsewhere, a devastating robot force from Akbal-Cimi descended on one of Calypso's most coveted resources - the oil rig. Rarely seen Big Bulks and Warlocks gave our boys and girls hell before completely taking over the rig shortly before 22:00 UTC. The rig remains under robot control.

Amongst the chaos and splinters, Eomons, Armax and Exarosaurs began their long trek to pastures in north-east Eudoria. EBN will be following them all week and into the weekend as we wait and see what other surprises are in store.

Originally Posted Here

does this mean, the event is lasting fr a cpple of days?

if so: :yay::yay:

if they don't improve the lag: :mad::mad:

Let's see and wait what our "dynamic" MA friends bring us!

Nice :)

I would like to hear that the top socs have joined forces to combat these pesky toasters... Hell the trip to the rig events going to be a great giggle if these guys are still there in 2 weeks! Bring it on - lets have ALL of EU working together vs the Warlocks!

:yay:

(ooo rig server might need some more ram ;))

Poor oil drinkers got their work cut out :D

A propable EF frontpage story...

WTF?

Exaro and armax have vanished since long, just the usual Eomon HoFs are flooding the chat all day and are eating up all the decay of the unwashed masses ...

:( This is no fun, IMHO.

EBN will be following them all week and into the weekend as we wait and see what other surprises are in store.

Lets hope for some Armax, Exo Elite and Eomon DNA parts...

Or maybe Akbul Cimi will implode causing all sorts of generic robot parts to rain down onto Calypso, jumpstarting a GeoTrek crafting revolution!

Or maybe this is a weeklong stress test to test some changes to the (L)G system?

Or maybe MA is just redirecting our attention while they secretly slip away to vacation and so people don't realize that its time for a new VU? :laugh:

WTF?

Exaro and armax have vanished since long, just the usual Eomon HoFs are flooding the chat all day and are eating up all the decay of the unwashed masses ...

I think this is great....even though..my damn internet didnt work last night:( I cant wait to get on tonight and go hunting near the rig

WTF?

Shame if the exas and armax have gone - is this confirmed or have they just moved?

Eamon Hof's? Does nobody read the bit about the decay involved on killing these things and the number of people that have lost v high numbers of peds hunting these? I would like to have HoF'd on them too...

Overall, I think its a great step in the right direction from MA.

y are there so many negative people about :s

Robots taking over the oil rig is a great storyline!

J

The question is, will they remain until next weeks Newbie Oil Rig Event III :eek:
Oh man... its good to see some rig testing, too bad Im at work as always :silly2:

Hell the trip to the rig events going to be a great giggle if these guys are still there in 2 weeks

No $hit! :D... (more like 10 days and counting ^^)

Hi,

Exarosaurs, Armax and Eomon are all out there. Quite large spawns in fact.

You just have to find them as they've moved on from where they were last night.

Maybe the rig will be destroyed to make place for something else :eek:

I don't think so, but you never know what MA got planned ;)

Sol runs to dust off the ol' Salamander suit :D

If, like some folks think, this has been server testing, then thank you. :)

BTW The Chosen Few had a GREAT (and yes profitable :)) time at Corinth. Love the herd!

Very fun!

It seems to me the robot planet should get attacked to end this whole invasion of Calypso .. let's end this evil at it's roots .. my guess would definitely be this robot planet will become accessible by the end of this event, which - if true - i applaude :yay:

I do hope the lag gets fixed (maybe the new planet will help), and i also hope there will be "something for every level of hunter", for now only "out-of-my-league-Eomon" seems to loot .. Some points to work on, as i'm sure MA knows, but let me finish by saying i'm happily surprised the event is still ongoing, wtg MA :wtg:, keep (positively) surprising us, keep improving, more happy players will result in more good pr, and more people joining .. i guarantee it ! :)

Daniël

I'm glad to hear that this event will continue on into the weekend. I won't be able to come in-game for any serious amount of time until Saturday. Good luck out there everybody... Leave a couple for me though! lol

Frank|MindArk SAID:

Hi,

:eek: OH MY YES THEY WERE.... haven't looked yet today... going in now :yay: (mind you I should be doing my school work instead!!!)

Damn pc still broken and there is this going on, oh well i hope there is going to be good coverage for those of us on forced retirement. :(

Hi,

he does exist. frank are you sure you're in the office, or just posting in beside the pool, fo shizzle.

i tried to walk around that eomon spawn last night. then i gave up, and uh. teleported twice through the middle of it.

i really hoped you moved it off twin peaks, as that server might need replacing completely at the park today.

Hi,

can you give us more clues? Ive been searching all day for the exaros :)

I think this is great....even though..my damn internet didnt work last night:( I cant wait to get on tonight and go hunting near the rig

Man, it is excellent! Be prepared to spend some time being the hunted though, because they are many, and they are tough.

I saw the entire bunker area fill with Drone 10's in a matter of seconds, and then SEG's, Miners and Warlocks drop in to add weight. Last night, Warants pushed all the way to the bunkers, then Big Bulks rained down, followed by a solid wall of high-gen Miners and Drones, and then Warlocks again.

Unlike other times, this seems to be a long-term attack. Every time a wave is pushed back, they drop in harder and faster. Awesome stuff.

Ok I'm :eyecrazy: looking for the Exos... and as Frank said:

so were are they?!?!?!

Boy MA knows how to get us to deposit when we don't want to, lol I'll be out of ammo before I find them then I'll have to deposit AGAIN!! :(

Still this is great fun... can't yet handle armax well enough to make it worth it and soc is off vaccationing so no eomon 4 me... but I can handle exos!!!

got a little 58 pedder last night :yay: :wtg: (lol :laugh: later a rippersnapper hit for 100+)

Maybe the rig will be destroyed to make place for something else :eek:

I don't think so, but you never know what MA got planned ;)

aLL the new big robots are transformers ! in a few day, they wiLL transform to:

NEVERDIES CHAMPIONSHIP STADIUM

a stadium with live concerts and other big events while pvp is on :D

ok , serious, in the last thread there were only one information for noobs.
i just read today that instead of Port Atlantis East they were @ chugs hideout?

so where is what ? cape corinth is easy to find, but for sure i cant survive there for 3 seconds.

HELP

Exas were at chug's yesterday. I was down there but haven't been on today yet.

Offtopic: They are transformers and that's how they're going to implement cars! And you can transform them into giant friendly robots that fight other people for you!:yay:

so the event isnt over, but the mobs are moving.

so can we guess that the mobs for noobs dont run to the east because its more dangerous there for the little players.
i run run and run but cant find anything north south or west from chugs hideout

Hi,
[...] its more dangerous there for the little players [...]
was at chucks this morning, only normal exaro, no more elites. But a very big spawn, lots of exaro up to alphas. Many ppl, so many exaro manically running around attacking anything.

No place for our "little players", I guess - you had to be able to survive at least 5 exa old++ for quite some time ... Have seen a lot of restless souls there.

Have fun

Add & Edit: Some small Maffo & Feffo into the fray, too. Definitively no place I'd take a newbie to.

Last edited:
See, aridash? I told ya! lol

Cheers,

AG

If, like some folks think, this has been server testing, then thank you. :)

BTW The Chosen Few had a GREAT (and yes profitable :)) time at Corinth. Love the herd!

Very fun!

I'm with you and Mikah on this - lets hope this was a fun event and some serious server testing for the rig events :)

I am gonna bet this event will end when someone pushes into the rig and takes out some uber mob of all uber mobs in the middle of it. Or the bots get enough oil to take a spaceship all the way up to twin, so they can take over the spaceships there that no one uses.

Back