are there looted

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints
15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense
5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit
1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint

x15
Of each so 630 items total, or the half of it (because if all items are looted they will represent 30 sets) so perhaps there are only looted half the amount. Or a ton of people will remain empty handed with TT food.

Stop whining, grab your weapon and try to loot Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit/BP. There's still 15 parts to drop and this is only part which almost guarantee you the armor. Rest is small or bigger crap cause I'm sure there will be much more than 15x15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense/BP and 15x5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger/BP looted.
I think Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit/BP will be about 90% value of an armor or even more.
I don't participate in the war, I hate KS-ers and PK-ing from the back but I'm very happy with 3x skill bonus. Wish it last a bit longer but thanks MA for a nice present anyway :)

Perhaps the rarest part will drop on the ubermobs Optima? ;)

That's probably why it hasn't been looted yet ...:scratch2:

Of each so 630 items total, or the half of it (because if all items are looted they will represent 30 sets) so perhaps there are only looted half the amount. Or a ton of people will remain empty handed with TT food.

Marco said no limit to drops (or words to that effect) in an earlier post.

If you want to collect the pieces you're running a heavy risk, as you could be caught holding 15-20 pieces of tt fodder (which u may have spent 50k on) when the final set is claimed.

If the POE set would costs 100k then the parts would cost:

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints /
15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense 2.2k each

5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints /
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger 6k each

1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit /
1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint. 33k each

So in the end you are paying still the ~100k

But I fear the people who loot the Contraction Stuff will dominate the market.

That's like what I was thinking, except the numbers are nice and round for 90k, and it's a more realistic price.

15 x 2k = 30k
5 x 6k = 30k
1 x 30k = 30k

It seems like its all about grinding, which is fine with me, especially with a 3x skillboost. Only time will tell how valuable the different parts are going to be, who knows? It could be profitable for anyone who loots a part or several depending on how badly others want the rewards.

Note that PoE isnt mentioned in the OP, only rewards...

Also trading for parts, a risk that you will have to calculate yourself I guess...

Dont forget it could be mined or crafted too. :)

Possibly. But I got an exc. lense from a Warrior 07, so if it works like that, I guess you would have to kill really huge stuff (or huge crafting hof or high level bp or big mining hof) to get the contraction parts.

If the POE set would costs 100k then the parts would cost:

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints /
15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense 2.2k each

5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints /
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger 6k each

1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit /
1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint. 33k each

So in the end you are paying still the ~100k

But I fear the people who loot the Contraction Stuff will dominate the market.

no. the 15 Contraction units /BP will be worth ~90k and the rest depending on how desperate someone is and how many drop. it is more than likly the cost to buy the set will be more than the value of PoE. only those finding the Contraction themselves will have a chance to get a set for proper value. In fact i wouldnt be surprised if less than 15 will ever be claimed.

im disappointed. in an attempt to include everyone, ie hunters, miners and crafters, MA have created a pigs ear where i dont believe anyone will ever loot the compnents and will have to buy them on the market. So deep pockets win. at the end of the day this fits with the rest of EU, its just a shame to have spoilt a great event with such an ask.

3x skills is good, but im not going to bother with bots anymore as thats just breaks up normal hunting patterns and is inefficient.

Marco said no limit to drops (or words to that effect) in an earlier post. (...)
yep:
JohnnyBravo - don't assume that there is a finite number of samples to be found. ,-)

We aim for excitment and not frustration. =)

(and no, I won't go into more specifics than this, it is an ingame event after all, and not a contest - as explained in a thread elsewhere)

Some are still not reading the whole thread before posting their assumptions... :scratch2:

Im really enjoying these highend mobs. Been loosing my ass off since basically the eomons started to spawn but yea maybe it turns around who knows. Imnot whining, i know high end mobs in big teams means avarage loot is beyond crap and im willing to take the chance.

but....

Atleast keep the spawn of the highend stuff up. During eomons and now in Zychion we shoot 5 min and wait 15 min for SEG10s, Warlocks and The Evis to spawn..Really is a waste of time. I dont want to be online 8h and shoot 2h when there is 3* skill, and I dont want to be forced to hunt non event mobs just to keep it up.

So plz plz make the radar turn red when I enter Zychion today, make The Evis spawn on my head, the warlock kick my butt while a SEG10 cuts me down :yay:

3x skills is good, but im not going to bother with bots anymore as thats just breaks up normal hunting patterns and is inefficient.

Over 300 items, each one a silent uber in itself.

yep:

Some are still not reading the whole thread before posting their assumptions... :scratch2:

Then that means there could be more than 15 contraction units as well, which means they won't control the market. Because if there are 30 contraction units "out there", only the first 15 to collect the other 20 parts will get the poe, and the others will be left playing with their "unit". :handjob:

So, there should be competition for the "lower" parts, not a situation where the contraction units are worth nearly the full value of poe and everyone else gets peanuts.

Im really enjoying these highend mobs. Been loosing my ass off since basically the eomons started to spawn but yea maybe it turns around who knows. Imnot whining, i know high end mobs in big teams means avarage loot is beyond crap and im willing to take the chance.

but....

Atleast keep the spawn of the highend stuff up. During eomons and now in Zychion we shoot 5 min and wait 15 min for SEG10s, Warlocks and The Evis to spawn..Really is a waste of time. I dont want to be online 8h and shoot 2h when there is 3* skill, and I dont want to be forced to hunt non event mobs just to keep it up.

So plz plz make the radar turn red when I enter Zychion today, make The Evis spawn on my head, the warlock kick my butt while a SEG10 cuts me down :yay:

MA are having alot of issues with the spawn rates... but i think thats what this event are all about... otherwise they would wait untill after CE2.

the crappy highend mob loot are just as normal... but i have the feeling that eomons looted alot better last year...

The loot return is such that you can't stay in the event for too long... it's a real ped drainer... the decay you get from these events is a killer... that's ok if the event is short but in the long run it's deadly... I hope MA will adjust that a little...

but....

With ya there Mice - The Hades spawn could really do with being about 2 or 3 times larger than it is :sniper:

We shall bring it up with Eon when we next see him :)

MA get a big :thumbup: from me for this event...

Everyone, and I mean Everyone, has a chance to loot something worth multiple k peds, possible more than one, while getting 3x skill gains, ansd taking part in a storyline that has been well thought out.

The spawn sizes could do with tweaking occassionally, I hope the balancing manager is on the case, that sounds like a balancing mangers job to me, just to keep down the KSing, intentional or otherwise...

Yes, of course, the people who end up with the PoE armour is most likely gonna be the people with the most money. Well duh. That was Always gonna be the case.

So I'm very happy to hear that many are dropping out. Leaves more room on the Line for people like me who enjoy a good event, and means less lag problee too. No exceptional/Corrupt item fell at my feet yet, but I'm confident one will, and when it does it'll be for sale ;)

250ped loss per day so far -lame

i am broke and pissed off

I had a bet with a friend that only 15 items would drop total during event equaling 15 sets of POE.....I must say I didnt expect this:laugh:

I guess its hard to make a event that makes everyone feel treated fairly....impossible even?

It is.

If only a few items were needed people would either complain that they'd only drop from big mobs, so you'd need to be an uber to get them, or that they drop from any mob, and a day old non-depositing noob might get one.

Now, because a lot of items are needed, people are complaining, that it's gonna cost too much to either loot all the bits, or that it's going to cost too much to buy the missing pieces.

MA, are doing a pretty good job in this event, the 3 x skill bonus is excellent. The feedback we've been getting from them has been the best I've ever seen. Eon "coming into the field" to see how things are going and interacting with us and getting thing changed relatively quickly when there's a problem.

1. the event is fun, ppl having a blast in the war and are happy.
some even if loot sucks they dont care.

2. community was always asking for more but smaller hofs - now here it is! not just 15 lucky guys have a chance to get a bit of the cake, no at least 315 ppl have the chance to get a tiny bit. I think that is very good - much better to have just 15 big wins!

3. the skill bonus is great for everyone, no matter what you do, where you do it , how much PED you spend - you have your part of the event!

Imho: VERY GREAT EVENT! Keep it up.

So much wining I'm geting hung over!
I think it's a great way of doing it. If it was just one pice needed, we would have 15 people very lucky and very happy. Now we will probobly have several hundred people that can get some peds for their finds. Sure, the one with the most money to throw around probobly will end up with the actual poe-sets, but the money they do throw at it will be distrubuted to a lot of lucky loters instead of just a few. And from all 3 main professions as well.

+rep to MA on this.

I understand ur pissed of because u thought that one New item would grant u a POE set, BUT would that be correct?? Hell NO!!!
There are dozens of ppl there hunting to "defend Calypso" so if only 15 of them would end up with some prize this event will be marked as bad, BUT if few hundred of pieces are needed to claim ur prize that give a chance to every one to get a prize, sure the richest ones can buy ur parts, but is better to get some money for ur parts than getting nothing. So someone with money cand buy his POE from hunters, giving a fraction to few hunters instead of paying all to a single person, and they could pay more than a POE is worth, some pieces already sold for 10k or more, I dont think pl than sold em fell sorry they did ;)
Back to hunting, if u what a nice armor then hunt OR pay ;).
I would say that I rate this event: GOOD.

Screw the armour... the event is cool anyway... just play at your budget ;)

It is.

If only a few items were needed people would either complain that they'd only drop from big mobs, so you'd need to be an uber to get them, or that they drop from any mob, and a day old non-depositing noob might get one.

Now, because a lot of items are needed, people are complaining, that it's gonna cost too much to either loot all the bits, or that it's going to cost too much to buy the missing pieces.

MA, are doing a pretty good job in this event, the 3 x skill bonus is excellent. The feedback we've been getting from them has been the best I've ever seen. Eon "coming into the field" to see how things are going and interacting with us and getting thing changed relatively quickly when there's a problem.

... since it takes minutes to kill lets say a "The Eviscerator" compared to the 3-4 seconds it takes me to kill a drone 01...

I'd agree with that :D

I'm proud to say that I was in a team that killed 2 of these, it did take a few minutes, and I think all of us were killed about 10 times, but we perservered and hopefully made a small dent in the robot army. ;)

Ahhh the egg.... ,-)

Anyway this is a side issue. :offtopic:

Atrox Queen: hof (dont remember size but wasnt that big, actually remember it as being below 500?) with shadow helmet female.
Feffoid: Main event prize, Trox queen egg that was sold for 100k (dont remember market price atm but iirc around the same price as a modmerc?).
Also hatchlings and other fun mobs that looted nice stuff that medium teams could easily kill... So yes that event had some parts for higher skilled, but was hardly only for "ubers"...

The problem with X5 isn't the markup, is that you have to be pretty "uber" (at least compared to 95% of the EU population or so) to be able to use it :D

You need lvl 57.5 to max the X5, and you need lvl 76 to max the XT. (and you need the XT to really get up to mod merc kill speed)

Probably you think that is noob skills, but thats just because you are blinded by your own uberness and that of your closest friends ;)

That's some heavy skill investments needed for most EU players.

I think MA is doing it great, some events for "ubers only" others for "everyone".
Ubers will always, ever, have an advantage though, its very hard to design an event where they don't...

If you consider 57.5 as uber then yes, cant argue with that.
With a dante X5 is very close to modmerc killspeed (4 less dam/sec), add 10/10 and it will be the same for most, if not higher. Add evil (which didnt cost stupid money @the time) and its more than modmerc unless your 10/10 on the mome.
XT takes uber lvls indeed, mainly mentioned that to show you dont need 300k+ worth of gear to take part in it with an even higher dam/sec than modmerc and foeripper...

Hence my question "are we wasting our time shooting the big stuff or is it dropping from totally random mobs making it useless since chances would be bigger that it dropped from 1/20000 drones than 1/500 warlocks if its all about amount killed".
I didnt say it would drop from a drone 01, i just said if you look @events in the past (and regular playing as well btw) going for items by hunting higher maturity/bigger mobs make no sense since almost all of them drop from youngs simply since more people hunt those (aurli being a good example).

Agree in a major way with Mice btw...

Reactions: alh
One food for thought coming right up!

Why is the majority assuming that the rare/limited part is the contractor? It is the most obvious item; most of the posters would crack the idea easily. And that'd take all the action out of trade, because, as some said, the contractor owners would dominate the market.

Also, I don't think that there will be infinite number of all items. Marco only said that there drops aren't finite/limited. In normal lottery approach the organizer takes one group (NOT the most obvious and NOT the front/end one) and makes it limited. That way most participants are left with one card short of a full deck and are pissed off. Not a good strategy. Better to make the middle limited, so you get more trade and interaction.

My guess about collections was right, so I place my two pecs on a new prophecy:

There will be UNLIMITED number of Lenses and Contractors and only 75 Chargers.

My guess about collections was right, so I place my two pecs on a new prophecy:

There will be UNLIMITED number of Lenses and Contractors and only 75 Chargers.

which would just make an even more complex scenario, with a half dozen people with 4 and obsurd prices being asked from the other 50 people who have 1. but since i thought MA wouldnt introduce something as awkard as the current setup, I not going to dismiss this possibility.

how much does a POE set worth? 100k atleast right?

15 EROL and/or 15 COLB = 2.5k each = 37.500
5 CHCB and/or 5 ERHC = 7.5k each = 37.500
1 EROU or CCUB = 25k each = 25000

For a grand total of 100k per POE set.

OFC 25k for the last part might be expensive. i guess thats what going to affect if the POE will cost from 85-100k

Last edited:
The way I see it, everything comes down to expectations; if one would expect to get something like a full set of PoE for nothing (or close to nothing) then it's understandable to be pissed off... although it's not very realistic IMO.

It was bound to happen... because there is NO WAY to make everyone happy; I must admit that the 3x skill bonus/event/whatever comes pretty close :).
I for one, I might have the money necessary for the robot invasion/PoE reward event, but unfortunately I'm missing something else: I don't have the time. I decided before the whole thing started that I'm not going to be involved.

Even your ordinary lottery comes with a price: yes, everyone has pretty much the same chance of winning, however, in the end, 1 will win and millions will loose. That's the way it works, and we can't expect MA to give away lots of money for nothing, after all it's a business.

This is a great event

For me never once did I assume that but looting one special part would give me an entire set of POE. ( 1 lotto ticket does not mean I win the jackpot ) but if I buy several then my chances increase ). My loot on the bots has been quite normal some losses some gains. Seveal globals in teams. But all in all it has and will remain to be fun. If you dont like the odds or it is draining your ped card then make changes , hunt in teams take on smaller bots , do something to make your in game experience better. For me personally I am all about skilling DODGE so if i global or if I get one of the rare parts that is just icing on the cake. Just my 2 pecs.

Have fun and remember play safe :yay:

Ok, only had the time to read 6 pages, but i think i got enough info to get the whole picture. And it's not a bad one!
So, to sum this up, this is a race (a marathon) to get the 21 parts. Some, like the lenses will be more comon and others, like the contractor, very hard to get. The drops will continue until all are put together to claim all the POE. This will be a long race in my opinion, so i will have to adjust my hunt now, by knowing this. No need to jump in the middle of the warzone killing as many as i can, as fast as i can, with decay bills going to the roof. I'll just hunt the bots like i'd usually hunt any other mob.
Even if i don't loot all the parts, i'll be able to sell them at some point. Afterall, fat wallets are in the race too.

Good job MA, for getting as many ppl actually directly involved in the prizes!

Clearly the issue most people are having is that they won't be able to claim a full set of PoE with one unit. However each unit will surely fetch a pretty penny and you can hardly be disappointed with that. And hey if only 15 units where dropping instead of the 300+ that are expected the people that have already looted units may not have got one at all due to the severely decreased chance in the latter situation.

So MA, thanks for taking on our advice on spreading the wealth making a larger majority of the player base happy!

~Tracer

My current opinion (that I am willing to revise, and admit may be wrong) is that they are just a new loot from a new mob.

I think they have been looted too early on to be "PoE".

However:

It may be true that you need one to get PoE, but if that is the case it could be like the competitions where you have to collect the letters in a Place-Name (for example New York, New Jersey, New Mexico) to win a holiday there. The catch is that all the letters are very common, apart from "N". Everyone trying to win will collect "ew York" or "ew Jersey" or "ew Mexico" but in order to win you will need an "N". 13 prizes, 13 "N"s.
Are these optic lenses "E" or "N"?

We shall see, but gratz to those who have potentially looted a nice rare set of armour.
(said when referring to the "Exceptional robot optical lense" in this thread.)

Seems I was right. The lenses are "E" and the "N's" are the "1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit / 1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint."

Seeing as I predicted how it would work, where is my PoE set?
:D

Reactions: n1x
Back