Paolo's Diary

Unlocked Markmanship!

Damn it... I was out hunting with a friend I haven't seen in a long time, and in the middle of the run I got this sweetie:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Informations collaged to save MB's bandwidth! :p

Dang! Really didn't expected it... :eek: Why is there such a difference between Ranged unlocks (MMS, RDA) and Melee ones (MA, MDA) in skill requirements?! :confused:

Oh, well... but please don't forget to click here and push that +Gratz button! :D
P. :smoke:

53 Cornundacauda Mature North of Argus

Yeah! :banana:
Just got this one while skilling some Opalo to raise my newly gained MMS:
Nothing much to say about it, except that of course it wasn't waited :p

Thread for your +Gratz can be found here!
Thanks,
Paolo :smoke:

59 Exarosaur Stalker in OL-23

What a week-end/week-start! :)

After MMS and that 53 Corn, here's another sweetie:
Courtesy of HunterZ's OL-23 (South of New Oxford, the western one...).

As usual, please don't forget to click that +Gratz button in the Hall of Fame's thread... it also comes with a story :)

Cheers,

EF's Quiz system now in BETA phase

Wonderful news from our mighty MindBuster...
He's always at work, tinkering with EntropiaForum.com and working around (potential-) issues and, not caring about the serverload and the problems that EF's experiencing lately, here it comes out of the hat a wonderful new feature: the Quiz module!

Here's the official announcement from MB himself, with some replies from those who tried it and liked it too! :)

As of now there's only 1 quiz available, while it's still in Beta...
After the beta the Premium Members will be able to create and submit quizzes to MB for approval...
The system seems really good, and even tho some tweaking is still needed (IMO), really promising!

Oh, if you want you can see my score... but don't cheat! Click it only after you've taken yours! :p

EDIT: MB cleared that you can view other's score only after you took that quiz... so no cheating possible! :thumbup: Way to go, MB! :)

Last edited:
Guide: How to Calculate your damage percentage on a weapon

Here's a quick guide I wrote on the Wiki.
What is your damage percentage
When talking about your damage percentage we refer to an avatar's actual efficiency while using a certain kind of weapon (examples of types are: ''Laser Carbine'', ''BLP Rifle'', ''Plasma Handgun'', ''Longblade'', ''Shortblade'', ''Powerfist'', etc...).
When you've got enough stats to use a weapon to its full damage range, that would mean that the avatar's damage range for this weapon will be exactly between MaxMin and Max damage.

Let's take an A-3 Justifier Mk.II for example. Its Max damage is 43, so its MaxMin damage will be 21.5.
If the weapon is ''maxed out'', the damage range will be 21.5-43 dmg. In that case the damage percent will be 100%.

The Formula
The formula is quite simple, but you should check to use the correct values in the right places.

The formula is:
(2-(MaxMin/ActualMin))*100 = X%
(where X is the value you want to find).

Example on a Maxed out weapon
Let's take the example of a maxed out A-3 Justifier Mk.II.
In that case the MaxMin value will be 21.5, while ActualMin will be the same, since the weapon is maxed out. Fill those value in the formula above, and that's what you'll get:
(2-(21.5/21.5))*100 = X%
that becomes...
(2-1)*100 = 100%
And, as we've expected, we end up with the damage percentage of 100% (remember that we supposed that the weapon was maxed out!).

A real example
Of course you will not want to calculate such an easy thing as a maxed out weapon, but rather your own percentage at a given point.
To calculate your own damage percentage when using a weapon you should use the values you will find in that kind of weapon's stats. Take the following image as an example:
A3JustifierMk.IIstats.JPG

As you can see, the damage interval shows two couple of values. The left one (11.8 - 43.0) is your actual damage range with this weapon, while the right one (21.5 - 43.0) is the weapon's max damage range.
Now let's fill the ActualMin (11.8) and the MaxMin (21.5) values into our formula:
(2-(21.5/11.8))*100 = X%
that becomes...
(2-1.822)*100 = 17.8%
That means that the avatar's damage percentage on a Laser Carbine, such as the A-3 Justifier Mk.II, is at 17.8%.

Skill Increase Bonus items
Please be warned: while this formula does of course apply to weapons with the SIB (Skill Increase Bonus), the results may be misleading.

For example, to max out a Sollomate Opalo only takes circa 500levels in the Rifle skill.
Applying this formula to such a weapon will lead to an high damage percentage (up to 100% when maxed out), that will not reflect on standard weapons (weapons for which the Learning Periods fields states "Never").
Other examples of items with the SIB are the M2100 handgun, the EnKnuckles-A powerfist, the Castorian Combat EnBlade-A longblade, the Castorian Survival EnBlade-A shortblade, and most if not all limited (L) weapons).

Notes
Please note that the formula has been tested with various unlocks of hidden skills. If you're calculations shows that you should already have unlocked a skill that you haven't, then it's probably a rounding issue. In that cases you might want to apply your calculations over your stats on a weapon with a larger damage range, for example the A-3 Justifier Mk.IV, or whatever you can find in the Auctions.

Credits
Formula provided by FreezyPops, guide written by Paolo.
For more informations, follow the discussion on EntropiaForum.com: Unlocking certain skills.

Out of town...

Hey there!
Just dropping by to tell you I'll be out of city for a few days, prolly until Wednesday or so...

I don't know if I'll be able to come check the forums, but for sure I won't be able to log in PE/EU... :/

Oh well, have fun and good luck!

Back in town!

Hey there!
Wanted to write something yesterday but I've been quite busy, so here we go...
Just a couple lines to say that I'm back from that few days around Northern Italy (not a full-vacation, but really pleasant anyway! :))...
I've been skilling a bit on my usual Snables north of Camp Caravan: I decided I want to raise both PowerFist and ShortBlades to 2k, and that's my goal for this June... hoping to get one or two HPs on the way too! :p

Oh, and I've just updated my noloot counter with some recent data too! :D

Have fun and good luck!

55 Exarosaur Prowler in OL-23

Hey guys,
was back once again in this nice and pleasant land south of New Oxford (the western one!), now owned by Nostrop, to do some data gathering for a research I've got in mind...
Well, a couple mobs into the land got this nice and little Prowler:
Nothing major, but always nice to see... Still searching for my Vigi helmet! :D
With this one, the hunt turned a bit more than even, and that's another good reason to come back!
As usual, thread for your much welcomed Gratz here!

Will update you later on with infos on that project I've got in mind...
Cheers,

EDIT: here's the sparklings!

Last edited:
103 Health Points!

Here's the 103rd::banana: :headbang:
103HPs.JPG

27 days after the previous one...
Gain message:
103HPGain.JPG

and Rifle skill at the moment (wiki confirms...):
103HPGainRifle.JPG

At least that's something for the money I'm loosing these days on Exarosaurs in OL-23 searching for my Vigilante Helmet...

Now for the 104...

P.S.: sorry for the low quality of images, but I turned PEAss off to video-record the hunting session (as stated in the previous post too...)

Last edited:
163 Exarosaur Prowler in OL-23

And here comes another one!
... still no Vigi Helm! :/

But this time there's a bonus video footage for your viewing pleasure (YouTube, 2.73Mb)!

As usual, you can deliver you much welcomed Gratz here! :)

Cheers,

Atrox Marauder, Slayer, Queen and its Hatchlings

There has been quite a lot of movement around in the Atrox-area those last days, due to a series of announcements by MindArk about Atrox herds, than some kind of mutation, then new maturities (Marauder and Slayer) and, eventually, about that Queen that is supposed to drop some eggs to give birth to a new brand of mutated creatures...

Well, not that I care much about that all (even an Atrox Old is quite too much for me right now :p), but I've roamed around searching for the Queen those last 2 days, and today it spawned, and a lot of players (ubers, vet, mid and noobs) gathered to defend Calypso and to kill this huge beast...

Right now I'm too tired to upload pictures and write a nice story (just try a search for "Atrox Queen", or "Slayer" or "Marauder" if you're interested in the latters and you'll find every info you need...) but, since I recorded a video of the takedown, here's the link for your viewing pleasure: Atrox Queen (YouTube, 8min09sec, 13.7Mb).

Well, hope you'll like it...
I'll update this post when I'll have time with the promised pictures and the full story :p
Cheers,

Glowing, Bold and Blue username

Hey guys,
The forum whore I am just reached enough EFDs for buying those username addictions from the Store (begging for some reps included :D)...

I just sent a PM to MindBuster asking if there is any bonus discount for buying them all together rather than one at a time... guess what he'll answer... ;D

I'll update this post as soon as I buy all those with pics and infos... :p

Over and out,

UPDATE: just bought myself Bold, Italics and Color (RoyalBlue). As for Glow, I've just put up a Poll... please vote and help me choose! :D

UPDATE-Bis: I've followed other's suggestion and went for a Glowing White username... Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Atrox Queen takedown video featured on EUNews page

woot!
When this morning I opened my usual lot of tabs in Firefox for news-reading I just couldn't believe it, had to re-read it at least a couple times:
EntropiaUniverseNewsPaolo.jpg

:banana: I'm on EntropiaUniverse's News page! :banana:

And the video is linked too, with a straight link to YouTube...
Thanks MA for my 15mins of fame! ;D lol

EDIT: with the first enthusiasm a bit faded out, there's a few thoughts that are starting to cross my mind regarding this. It seems infact that MA is more and more pushing usernames in their news, and the main reason for this is the same psychological reason that stands behing the global and HoFs messages ingame. I'll let you guess what I'm thinking about... :)

EDIT2: after seeing that Mossemeez posted it under Achievement, the forum whore I am posted it too! :p

Last edited:
The Entropian, Issue 001 - FAP Competition

Hey there!
The results for The Entropian, Issue 001's FAP Competition has been published:
The winner is
Coover
from the society
Poltropia

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As my socmates already know, I've tried my chance too, and here's my entry:

Oh well, better luck next time!
Now we REALLY have to know:

• What will he call his new toy?
  • and What are the FAP's stats?!

P.S.: on a sad, related news, it seems that next issue of The Entropian's been cancelled, or at least postponed for now. Another not-so-nice move from MA. :/

EDIT: ... and I'm on EntropiaForum's first page too! ;D

Last edited:
RL Ads are Geo-Targeted

Hey there,
just saw this thread here on EF about people seeing and/or not-seeing Ads, and it came out that Massive's Ads seems to be GeoTargeted...

That means that the Ads are shown only to the countries interested by the promoter, and it explains why I still haven't seen any interesting Ad except the usual The Entropian (which is now canceled lol) and Calypso's Wildlife Exibition...

Anyways, still no "Data\massive" folder here... will keep you updated!

Last edited:
Vigilante Gloves

Hey everybody,
since Exarosaurs don't want to make me loot my Vigi Helmet, I've switched mob those last days.

After a TPRun to collect the new TPs on Amethera, and having tried a couple of the new mobs and new LAs, I've gone back to a nice place where loots were good back in the days. :)

Loots were still good infact, but not enough to break even. As a nice consolation prize I've found a Caudatergus Old that swallowed a pair of Vigilante Gloves (M), and was kind enough to provide them to me!
Thank you, Mr. Caudatergus, and see you soon!

104 Health Points!

Hey there,
was out skilling some more (damn it, it never ends! :p) and got this nice one here: :banana: :headbang:
104HPs.jpg

37 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
104HPGain.jpg

and the related skill
104HPGainCourage.jpg

(once again Courage, and once again confirmed by Wiki...)
105's coming in a few weeks... ;P

My own (copyrighted!) Perception theory

Hey there!
Just logged in to check a few PMs, but got on this thread about Perception and took the time to write my own theory...

Check it out and fire it off! :p

P.S.: will reiterate more later, in hurry now! :p

My first 3crits in row!

Hey guys,
today while out hunting I got for the first time 3 critical hits in row!
Weapon was Sollomate Opalo + A104 amp.

Since almost everybody's using the 3crits as their signature, I won't, but rest assured I'm happy I got it eventually! :D

Cheers,

73 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

Hey guys!
I've just followed an interesting lesson by my new daddy (Zylex! :p) and here's the first results that I can show off:
Nothing big, but still nice! :D
As usual, thread for your Gratz here.

More to come! ;D

Silent Cornundacauda Mature North of Argus (ESI)

Here it is...
Nothing big, nothing new, but still nice to loot! ;)

105 Health Points!

And here comes one more: :banana: :headbang:
105HPs.JPG

22 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
105HPGain.JPG

and the related skill
105HPGainHandgun.JPG

(this time was Handgun, and once again confirmed by Wiki...)
106's coming in a few weeks... ;P

70 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

Ok, that one's nothing special too... but believe me, it was needed! :p
A full 4hours run (2xA105, 1xA103) ended with only 9PED profit, even with this nice and always welcomed present! (go figure!!)

Oh well, gotta love Corns anyway! :D

Don't forget to go here for your Gratz! ;)

30k Total skills!

Just a little note here for posterity: I've just passed 30k Total Skills!

Long way to go, but still a nice intermediate milestone... Gotta post more for the 50k one! ;)

BTW, in case anybody's interested, I'll try to update my skills on the Wiki quite frequently... have a look there! :p

Cheers,

66 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

Another nice and small one, still skilling, still at CornBeach:
Nothing major, once again PEDs only, but hey! I'll take it everyday! ;P

See you for the next one,

P.S.: thread for your Gratz here!

86 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach! (with ESI!)

And here comes another one!
A bit more special this time, with ESI included! ;P

Gotta love Corns! ;)

Gratz here, pretty please! ;p

106 Health Points!

And another one!!! :banana:
106HPs.JPG

Only 11 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
106HPGain.JPG

and the related skill
106HPGainRifle.JPG

106HPGainAim.JPG

(now, according to the Wiki, Aim doesn't affects health, while Rifle does... so it must have been Rifle! :p)
107s coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

70 Exarosaur Dominant at OL-25!

Hey guys!
I need to get that A105, and since I can't seem to find one at a decent price those days, I decided to try my luck with Akoz's Opalo Lands competition...
Yesterday I roamed the Northern land (OL-29) but, a part from two tiny profits, got no globals for the comp...

Today I tried the southern one, and here's the result:
including a nice Korss H350 (L)!

Now sorry, but I got to log in and go get some more! ;P
Cheers,

What did you ask? The thread for your Gratz?! Oh, it's here! :p

Silent Berycled Mature at OL-25 (ESI)

A nice and gentle Berycled Mature got this in his backpocket for me:

Nothing big, like the following global (just mins after!), but once again: I'll take it anytime! :p

Cheers,

Last edited:
57 Exarosaur Guardian at OL-25!

And here's the swirlies again, a small one good enough for the competition, and who knows, maybe for some profit too! :p
Thread for your Gratz here! ;D

Back