Paolo's Diary

Paolo

Stalker
Society
nothing AND nowhere (nAn) Captain
Paul Steven Alex Paolo Wilford
Hello everybody, and welcome to my brand new diary here on EF! :)

Don't really have much to write in here, so I think I'll start collecting the few globals screenies and random images I've has so far ;)

Enjoy! :p
Paolo

2 Guides
(How to calculate your damage percentage on a weapon, In-game FPS Counter)
74 Solo Hunting Globals (2 HoF)
(144 Argonaut Adult, 54 Snablesnot-Female Young, 53 Cornundacauda Mature, 59 Exarosaur Stalker, 55 Exarosaur Prowler, 163 Exarosaur Prowler, 73 Cornundacauda Mature, 70 Cornundacauda Mature, 66 Cornundacauda Mature, 86 Cornundacauda Mature with ESI, 70 Exarosaur Dominant, 57 Exarosaur Guardian, 76 Exarosaur Alpha, 58 Exarosaur Guardian, 71 Cornundacauda Mature, (2nd) 71 Cornundacauda Mature, 54 Exarosaur Prowler, 62 Exarosaur Stalker, 235 Cornundacauda Mature, 52 Cornundacauda Mature, 77 Cornundacauda Mature, 53 Caudatergus Guardian, 89 Caudatergus Guardian, 57 Cornundacauda Mature, 126 Cornundacauda Mature, 100 Maffoid Outcast, 208 Cornundacauda Mature, 79 Cornundacauda Mature, 51 Bristlehog Young, 50 Cornundacauda Mature, 83 Longu Mature, 80 Longu Mature, 51 Longu Guardian, 134 Cornundacauda Mature, 64 Bristlehog Old, 95 Exarosaur Prowler, 62 Exarosaur Prowler, 188 Exarosaur Stalker, 482 Exarosaur Prowler, 56 Exarosaur Old Alpha, 408 Feffoid Guard, 50 Exarosaur Stalker, 70 Exarosaur Stalker, (2nd) 50 Exarosaur Stalker, 53 Exarosaur Prowler, 79 Exarosaur Old Alpha with Vigi Helm M, 112 Maffoid Guard, 50 Maffoid Guard, 54 Drone Gen03, (2nd) Drone Gen03, 65 Cornundacauda Mature, 50 Feffoid Warrior, 82 Attacker Gen07, 51 Attacker Gen05, 71 Attacker Gen05, 73 Attacker Gen08, 76 Attacker Gen09, 50 Attacker Gen04, 133 Attacker Gen10 with ESI, 69 Attacker Gen09, 50 Attacker Gen09, 50 Feffoid Outcast, 61 Feffoid Warrior, 70 Umbranoid Male Adept, 69 Trooper Gen03, 53 Atrox Young, 60 Feffoid Raider, 56 Gokibusagi Guardian, 154 Argonaut Scout, 88 Umbranoid Female Patron, 50 Feffoid Guard, 61 Faucervix Dominant, 68 Atrox Old, 51 Feffoid Raider)
23 Team Hunting Globals
(158 Feffoid Warrior, 92 Longu Young, 57 Bristlehog Mature, 102 Falxangius Young, 68 Ambulimax Young, 56 Hogglo Young, 51 Allophyl Alpha, 70 Allophyl Stalker, 102 Allophyl Old Alpha, 51 Drone Gen06, 97 Drone Gen02, 56 Maffoid Outcast, 94 Trooper Gen03, 66 Miner Bot Gen06, 81 Formicacida Weak, 141 Formicacida Weak, 96 Miner Bot Gen06, 71 Malcruentor Old, 235 Armax Bull Alpha, 243 Miner Bot Gen04, 58 Drone Gen03, 56 Miner Bot Gen03, 85 Snarg Provider)
11 Silent Hunting Globals
(Argonaut Young's ESI, Cornundacauda Mature's ESI, Cornundacauda Mature's ESI, Berycled Mature's ESI, Cornundacauda Mature's ESI, Exarosaur Stalker's Vigilante Helmet (F), Exarosaur Stalker's ESI, Attacker Gen05 MinorTPChip, Feffoid Bandit ESI, Feffoid Berserker ESI, Drone Gen06 ESI)
3 Unlocks
(Markmanship, Ranged Damage Assessment, Serendipity)
9 General Achievement
(I'm on EBN's first page!, 30k Total Skills!, Won my first competition!, 50 Agility: Half-way to uberness!, 4k Rifle skill!, 50k Total Skills!, New Wiki Admin..., Forum Whore: 1k Posts!, 60 Agility: Half-way to uberness! (for real...))
Fruit/Dung HoFs
(228 Dung, 213 Bombardo, 179 Caroot, 126 Haimoros, 155 Papplon) lol!

Important Update: have a look to my brand new noloot counter!

----
Signature safekeeping
Paolo
Skilling :boxer: on Calypso and nearest Asteroids since October05 :smoke:
74 Solo Hunting Globals (2 HoF), 23 Team, 11 Silents, 3 Unlocks (details in Paolo's Diary)
Buying Omegaton A201 and A202!

Last edited:
144 Argonaut Adult north of TwinPeaks with items

Ok, that was my first solo global.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Thread for your +gratz here ;)

92 Longu Young at LonguLand1

I was trying to enter Akoz's 10k in 10days competition with a couple friends, and got this one:
Unfortunately we forgot to put coords and time stamp, so no entry... still fun tho! :)

Thread for +gratz here ;)

158 Feffoid Warrior East of Ithaca

Oh, btw there was also another team global which I've had with laurel hunting on the way from Ithaca to Argus... It was a Feffoid Warrior with a 158ped value in it and some items too. :)

Unfortunately we haven't got a screenie of this one, so no "Gratz" button for your clicking pleasure ;)

P.

Silent Argonaut Young North of Twin Peaks

As usual was tired of skilling and decided to go for a quick Argo run...
My favourite place is North of Twin Peaks, where I got my first solo global (the first one you'll always remember! ;)), so I went straight there.

First mob, first kill, and this:

Really a nice start (items are a FreanD Alpha and a GSI), but since things didn't kept that level, decided to stop it just before loosing too much! :p

Since "silents" are not admitted in the Hall of Fame, there can be no Gratz button for this one... but have you checked out the others?! ;)

Last edited:
Duncan's mining UberHoF

Ok the day was quite boring indeed...
Argos didn't pay, Corns didn't pay, Snabs didn't pay, Drones didn't pay, Traxes didn't pay... and i can go on...

All of a sudden a message came in the All chat: Master Duncan Paradox found a deposit (Belkar stone) etc etc etc* and has been recorded in the Hall of Fame!

w00t! that's Duncan, a fellow socmate! My fingers typed "/s Gratz!" faster than I could think it...
Then a stream-of-consciousness hit me hard: that was an Uber! and an UberUber for that matter!!! Over 10k* of TT value!!!

After a few mins of chatting and joking and thinking how wonderful it could be, a few of the online socmates head up towards the newly found DrillTower to have some pogo-rumble alltogether!

Gratz Duncan, you deserve that!
(well, we all in nAn do deserve one indeed! :p)

*: I've not put in the real value of Duncan's HoF... If he wants to, he'll do it!

EDIT: hey, don't forget to say your Gratz to Duncan here!

Last edited:
Maxed out TT PowerFist

After less than a month skilling (20days circa) I've maxed out today the TT PowerFist: Castorian EnKnuckles-A.

Here's the relevant stats at the time of the maxout...
InflictMeleeDamage.JPG

LightMeleeWeapons.JPG

MeleeCombat.JPG

PowerFist.JPG

Anatomy.JPG

When I've started skilling the PowerFist, I was circa 2.1k in LB, and as of now I'm 2.3k, and that justifies higher general stats.

Don't really know why I'm posting this, but maybe it can come handy later on!

Cool animation

Found that image on a forum somewhere, some time ago...

I saved it, but can't remember who to give credit for it :/

Well, here it is!
DamnComputer.gif

Isn't it cool?! Don't know about you, but working with computers 12/14hours a day :computer:, sometime I really feel like that! :cool:
And here's to my girlfriend::lam:

lol :smoke:

EDIT: got news from Mikah that it was sob who originally posted the image... just sent him a PM to check this out, and will update accordingly :)
EDIT2: ok, sob answered and went even further... he found that GRoth uploaded it way before (11/08/2005), so I PMd him to see how he wants to get credited...
EDIT3: GRoth replyed, but without any useful infos... he said that it was emaild him from a coworker and that he resized and used it as signature since... guess the mistery will remain unsolved, since I've got no more traces to follow :p

Last edited:
CamelTrophy2006 winning ceremony and party ;)

I've partecipated in this year's CamelTrophy organized by Groene Draeck's member CamelMan.

CT2006 has been entertaining and fun, and I can tell you I've been waiting for the last heat for more than a week!

Unfortunately, I didn't managed to win, but finished it and managed to enjoy the party for this year's winner: CvX!

Have a look at this thread for details on the last heat, the winner and a couple pictures of the party too (fireworks included! ;)).

Here's how the thing worked:

• at 20:30MAtime of the 17th Feb 06 CamelMan announced on both EP and EF a codeword. That codeword lead to the following image:
  • [br]Click to enlarge[/br]
    • as you can see it points to a biodome, with the Minopolis Ioconu Industried sign detail and the contact person to meet there. Me and at least 3 others roamed around Minopolis' biodome in and out for some minutes, indeed...
    • then at one point I've figured out the dolphins in the image, the pavement, rocks and some other details: that's not Minopolis'... that Port Atlantis' BioDome!!!
  • Once in PA i got major problems crawling into the biodome (that only took me more than 7mins!!!), where the contact person told me they already had a winner, but gave me the second codeword nonetheless. It pointed to this image:
  • [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

• As you can see, it represents some steps to follow... first one is a bridge... yes, the bridges at Hadesheim City TP! I crawled back to PA's TP but that took me another couple minutes...
    • Once in Hades I headed North crossing the green bridge as shown and headed searching for the second detail...
    • but... wait! that isn't here... it's across the East bridge... I've already seen it... oh no, not again! Damn CamelMan's tricks!!! :p
  • Once arrived at the Tip#2 building, I start to see the green-dots crowd in the bar, so I headed there where, as stated in the rules, I'm welcomed as "non winner, but brave contestant"! :)
Yeah, it's been fun, and yeah, I've liked that tricky tricks after all!
Well, better luck next time!
Next year's other competitors will eat my dust, promise! :p

P.S.: please note that in Minopolis there are 2 Biodomes, which makes the thing even more tricky! :p Watch out for CamelMan, he's an illusionist! :smoke:

External lotteries: good or bad?

Hello,
I was in Twin Peaks today and I've noticed a guy spamming about some PE-related lottery etc...

Here's the screenies:

After visiting the PELottery.tk website I've got the feeling that's probably just another internet scam, but this time it is related to Project Entropia.

Do you think this kind of things are or aren't against EULA?! In my personal opinion they are, thus I've just filed a case with the Support.
We'll see...

UPDATE: Got an answer from MA... :)

Last edited:
MA acknowledges Lootius' existance!

Sorry for posting this late, but I've just been busy!

On Friday 17th Feb06 MindArk sent this message in the chat windows announcing the upcoming LandGrab (LG06 rules here).
The astonishing thing is that they ended the message with the words:
"Have a great weekend all and may Lootius be with you!"
LootiusLandGrab.JPG

Just think about the implications that will have in the SnableSnot Fans vs. Church of Lootius war :p

Well, I hope I'll be able to get some time off-work and to join the madness, but I'm still not sure :/

Oh, and GoodLuck to everybody who's partecipating,
Paolo

The Book of Omens

Back some time ago there was a cool competition hosted by NEVERDIE for some screenshots of his brand new Club NeverDie!

Since I had so many worthy screenshots, and I couldn't choose which one to post, I decided to do a picture story, in the mood of our great Picture StoryTeller MindStar9, and here's the link :)

Competition ended, and NEVERDIE decided to give all the competitors a book and a DVD of his own for their effort... Well, mine's just arrived:
[br]Link to Amazon.com[/br]

The link points to Amazon.com's page on "The Book of Omens" by Jon Jacobs. The book also includes a DVD inside: "Lucinda's Spell"!

Damn, I'm so happy that if the LG wasn't going to be tomorrow morning, I'll pass the whole night reading... from the first few pages (I couldn't help myself, had to take a peek :p) it seems interesting, and I'm leaving the DVD as the last candy ;)

I'll update you on the subject as soon as I've finished both.
Paolo

Last edited:
LandGrab, phase One!

Ok everybody,
LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 1) is coming in 9 hours from this very moment! :drool:

Get your gear ready, shape your blades and clean your rifle... :sniper:check your armour and dust off your scopes and lasers, it will be a massive ammo wasting :handgun:, and an huge decay cash-flow right into MA's pockets... :naughty:

Don't know what will happen, but I'll bet it'll be fun!

:smoke: Rock 'n Roll, baby! :smoke:

EDIT: P.S.: May Lootius bless us all!!!

Last edited:
2pecs thinking

Don't know where to write this down, so I'm writing it in my own Diary...

Have you read Etopia's rant about the "2 pecs thinking"?!

Well, just wanted to be sure to have the link handy somewhere :p
My :twocents: pecs :rofl: :smoke:

LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 1) results

Hello everybody!
The news of the day is right now known by almost everybody, but here's YALGR (Yet Another Land Grab Report), straight from the ClientLoader: :smoke:
Final Land Grab Results (Phase One)

Phase two will commence Saturday 25th, 21:00 UTC.

So much for the LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 1).
It was fun and kinda enjoyable, as I thought it would be. The startup was difficult: few minutes after the 8.00 UTC MA announced on the ClientLoader that the LG was postponed to 10.00 UTC, but failed to tell that to those who were ingame and happily shooting each other away...

Kinda bad communication failure, indeed...

Back to the LG, it all went kinda smooth: all the soc that firstly claimed their markers got their land at the end, except for the Rangers of Calypso who got challenged and won by Menace to Society on the LA1.

The bad news is that I don't know if I can be here for the next phase, but I'll try to do my best for it :cool:.

We'll see! In the meanwhile good luck and have fun!
May Lootius bless us all! ;)
Paolo

Last edited:
nAn promotion: Private!

Yeah! Just logged in today to check a couple auctions and see the news around and I got this message:
Promoted2PrivatenAn.JPG

Thank you fellow nAn'ers :)
Not much other news indeed... I don't even know yet if I'll be online tomorrow for the LandGrab :(

Uhm, guess if I can post this in the Achievement forum or not?! :p :rofl:

HF GL TTYL,
P.
:smoke:

LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 2) incoming!

Hi everybody!
First of all I'd like to thank you all guys... really didn't thought that there were people reading other's diaries (well, except me! :p), but I've noticed some +rep coming from here, and I'm really glad to know somebody's reading it! ;)
Please keep 'em coming! :smoke:

Now back on topic: in 5 hours from now the LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 2) will commence, at exactly 21:00 UTC!
Here's the list of the released land areas (links to PE-Wiki):
Since here in Italy that means 10PM of a Saturday night, I won't be online to fight and kill and (mostly!) die, but I'll go out and have a dinner, some drinks :drink: and something even better :inbed: with my loved girlfriend!
Won't you do the same?! :cool: :wise:

Well, I'll update that post with the winners tomorrow, maybe!
Good luck to everybody who's partecipating, and to our great and cool reporters!
Paolo

External lotteries: good or bad? --- BAD!

Hi everybody,
just got a response from MA on the Support case opened for the guy advertising an external lottery in Twin Peaks (posted before in my diary, here).

Here's the reply:
MindArk Support said:
2006-02-23MindArk Support:Dear participant,
See the EULA 15 c: "You cannot advertise anything in the virtual universe not associated with the virtual universe itself."
So you did exactly the right thing reporting. We have now registered this avatar in our system.
Regards,
PE Support

Even tho I'm not completely sure what the "We have now registered this avatar in our system" means, I'm feeling good for doing my small part of civil virtual-action! :wise:

Afterall, this guy will prolly just register another avatar and use that other one! But, who cares! :p :smoke:

Last edited:
LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 2)

Here's the news about the LandGrab 2006 (Part 1, Phase 2) which is due to finish in less than an hour:

As you can see, the societies marked with the "*" are the one that already got a LandArea in the Phase 1.
A discussion apart should be done for the CCC (Calypso Conquerors Cadets): while CCs had problems claiming the Land Marker (also reported from Warants, cK and Shaolin) they gathered their Junior soc to claim the land, defending them from the attacks!
Really a smart move, and I can see all the n00bs getting their 0.1ped/day share of the taxes! :p (j/k, ofc! :D)
Jokes apart, CCC already wrote to MA to ask to handover the LA to the main soc (CC)! +rep, guys!

Paolo
P.S.: does anybody knew or had any tips about that Riga Team boys?!?! Am I the only one completely blown out by their success?! I mean, come on... 3 LAs!!!

Last edited:
LandGrab thought and happy side-news!

Hi again!
Wanted to start this diary page with some ranting and whining about the LandGrab and how things turned and such, but I think I just won't... not for the moment at least...

Let's keep it all happy and look at this:
99HPs.JPG

Today I got my 99ish Health Point! :cheer::dance::banana:

Unfortunately I've missed the moment, infact I realized it only after taking a 98.5 crit! "Damn - I thought - I should be dead now!" :p
Enough for now, let's postpone the big celebration for the 100 one! ;)

Have fun and Good luck!
Paolo

The mob that globals and my first beacon mission!

Just a quickie: a new mob has been created... it seems by Deathifier using the looted Prof. Barton's body parts... thread here: New mob: Globster.

The only thing I really like about that mob is the name... Globster! The mob that globals!
Now let's go for HoFster and ATHster... and please MA, tell me when my ATHster is! Thank you.

Now let's get back to the diary.
Most exciting news of the day is that I've done my first beacon mission! As soon as I got online I saw socmates talking about it in the socchat, so I quickly got into! :handgun:
It was really fun, and must thank Noggin for having invited me too! Already feel I'm getting addicted to these! :p
As you can see from the team name ("Nakey Box Openers"), it was supposed to be a naked expedition (no armour). Unfortunately I didn't read that part, and used my faithful Rascal! :p
The other thing, which I didn't missed, is that we did all the beacon only with Opalo and Axes! What a fun thing it was!

It was a success, and was really really fun! Oh, did I already said that?! :p

Well, next time I'll try to take more screenies out of it! ;)

Time to sleep! Good luck everybody!
Paolo :smoke:

Maxed out TT ShortBlade - Updated!

Hi everybody!
As most of those who read this useless bits of informations knows, lately I've been building up some melee skills to complement my mainly LongBlades.
After having Maxed out the TT PowerFist, I've been working on the TT ShortBlade (Castorian Survival EnBlade-A), and here's the results (after 15 days!!!):
EDIT: the stats kept telling that I've got a SIB (Skill Increase Bonus) on the aim... After a few more blading it's gone, so that's definitive.
Here's the stats:
InflictMeleeDamage2.JPG
(was 568, +71)
LightMeleeWeapons2.JPG
(was 177, +114)
MeleeCombat2.JPG
(was 1039, +126)
ShortBlades2.JPG

Anatomy2.JPG
(was 1628, +236)

Ok, now I can concentrate again on doing some PowerFisting to get ready for the upcoming Singular's Boxing Championship 2006!

After that I'll get back to skilling... anybody's got a Club to lend me (or sell very very very cheap?! :p)
EDIT: btw, for those interested, LongBlades now at almost 2.5k!
EDIT2: updated stats to definitive ones ;P

Last edited:
Festival of Firepower - Hogglo run

Festival of Firepower - Hogglo run
Let's start with this! I've joined Hurrikane and the others (AkiranBlade and MindStar9, we've missed you!) for the second Festival of FirepowerHogglo event, an Hogglo run!
We've started out at TI Castle TP, and we've build up 4 teams of people: 3 hunting (headed by Hurrikane, Major Putty and J Boy) and one for the live baits (headed by DeusDeOnis)!
After the setup we've headed East to find those beasts, and we've started to shoot, being killed and run back... repeat multiple times, for a big bunch of people, and you've got an idea of what was going on!
Whole TI shook everytime the Bravo Army fired their mighty weapons!
After the Hogglos we've turned out to try the Second Entity Generations, but, while reports from team FoF 1 and FoF 2 said that they were doing well, with the help of the sweaters team, FoF 3 was underdimensioned for that task with only 6 people, and we quickly got to understand that on our own skin! :p

More than an hour had already passed by, and after we've wasted massive amounts of ammos, many people got loose and FoF 1 and FoF 2 were disbanded...
But FoF 3 kept on rocking!
We met at Treasure Island City TP and gathered some hunters from the other teams, because now we really wanted some Globster global to show others ;)
We managed to kill 3 or 4 of them. No need to say that we didn't get any global, and loot suckes, as always... But yes, loads of fun!

Thanks to everybody who organized and partecipated, and made it such a wonderful and enjoyable event! What a mass of semi-organized chaos we made!

Last edited:
Another great Beacon Mission from nAn

Another great Beacon Mission from nAn
We've been on another Beacon Mission, this time a 29Pedder... It was much fun, even tho loot wasn't that good :/
Nothing much to report about that indeed, but I wanted to write it down somewhere for future memory! :p
Again, thanks to everybody who partecipated!

Pimped Up by Noggin!

Pimped Up by Noggin
Yeah, you read it well... some days ago while chatting with Noggin, it told him: "Yo, Noggin, da man! Pimp up mah clotheZ, pimpzor!" And he did!
(Background scenery provided by Noggin's place xD)
So here I am with my new very blue outfit! Don't you see there's the artist signature in it? That little Pinkish line that says on loud voice: Pimped by Noggin!

Thanks mate!

Singular's Boxing Championship 2006 - Lightweight Class

Singular's
Boxing Championship 2006
Lightweight Class

This year's Boxing Championship, presented by Singular, was really fun, and a lot of skilled players showed up at Billy's Spaceship Afterworld to compete in their class and win the pot!
As you've read in that pages, I've been skilling quite had on PowerFists lately, but my poor PvP prevailed, and I've got beaten up by Konve (2nd!) on my first round! :p
The rounds kept on going, and every player fighted with his heart till the last blood drop!
Second round was between Jack and Jihad and, after that the former won, the latter got into the Octagon to tape some film out of the event! We're eager to see the fruits of your work, Jihad!
On the prizestand there's Jack from Disturbed (also last edition's winner), 2nd place goes to Konve (Freelancer) and third to Kyndig from nothing AND nowhere (nAn)! CONGRATULATIONS, guys! :D

Read the linked post for information on Middleweight (120->169 HP) and Heavyweight (169+ HP) classes rounds!

Spore presentation video & Multi-Input TouchScreen Technology

Hey there,
just a quickie side-news: Kyndig from nothing AND nowhere (nAn) just wrote in the socforums about that cool new videogame presentation held bye Will Wright at the Game Developer's Conference: Spore.
Here's the video tru Google Video: link :)

The video is quite long (over 35mins), but really worth watching!

[EDIT]
Ok, let me also add this other video, also signalled by Kyndig himself: Multi-Input TouchScreen Technology ...
Only one word: IMPRESSIVE!
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
200post :)

Just a quick one right before going to sleep: that's my 200 post here on EF! ;)

Yeah, I'm wasting your time, I know... Come on... please, take your mouse off that -rep button! I'm just kidding, mate! :p :rofl:

Yes, I'm quite tired... gotta get some sleep... but... wait... why can't I disconnect my hands from the keyboard? And the mouse is sticky... attached to my right-hand... omg... OMG!!!

Damn, where's the powercord?! Ah, there it is... let's see if this workCONNECTION LOST

100 Health Point!

Yeah! I've got it! :banana::headbang: Only 8 days from the last one!
100HPs.JPG

Was killing some Argonauts north of Twin Peaks, shouting at Marco for all the noloots, when I got this line:
100HPGain.JPG

(please note how the "This creature didn't carry any loot" line is present! :p)

And, since PE-Wiki reports Weapons Handling skill as affecting health, guess that was the reason!
As you can see from the former image, it is the only skill gained before and after the health point gain.
100HPGainWeaponsHandling.JPG

Cool, isn't it?! :smoke:

Premium Member!

To celebrate my 100ish HP, I've decided to donate some to MindBuster for his great effort with EntropiaForum...

Unfortunately got only a few dollars on my PayPal account, but more will come later on, prolly.

Now I'm a
premium.gif

with a bonus 2k EFD and 200 rep points!

:banana: Thank you MindBuster! :banana:

P.S.: if somebody who reads here want to follow my example, you can find an useful "Donate" button on the bottom of every page, in case you haven't noticed! ;)

Back