Is 200.000 Camels enough?

kalanen

Elite
so near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long
Society
Church of Lootius
...or does finnish government put some chemical in drinking water?

Here's the story:

Yesterday at noon, i smoked half a ciggie before entering buss to travel back home from my relatives.

After 2 hours of driving the buss stopped for 5 mins, which is enough to smoke one - which i usually do. This time I didn't. Not even after 4 hours ride.

Actually now, 23 hours after my last ciggie, I have skipped 30+ cigarettes. I have box at my pocket right now, but for some unknown reason I don't smoke them.

The weird part is, that I've been smoking 30 to 40 camels a day for 20+ years and I never made desicion to quit.

Wtf..?

Am I about to quit smoking? :scratch2:

It really aint harder than that :)

Just quit... I did :yay:

keep going

ive been smocking since i was 13 and recently gave up for around six weeks not long ago, i started to notice heaps of positive changes! unfortunatly i refused to get much support from my peers and sucumb to the addiction and i feel depressed and lazy again.. man keep going youll itll be the smartest thing possibly u can do:wtg:

when i quit smoking it was just about the same.. i woke up one morning, and as usually, first thing i did was to grab a ciggie and put into my mouth.. with the lighter in my hand i was standing there and just had intention to light it.. so i put it back into the packet and quit..

but hey, it may give you positive sights to hear, after about a year without smoking i suddenly started again, lol.. so don't worry, it might only be temporary, hehe :smoke:

Maybe you just got smart all of the sudden

but check the water just in case :D

Quit it . You will not regret it

Just dont go back. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get the crap out your system. Then a further few weeks for your body to start to return to it pre-smoke state. The hard part is not the addiction to nicotine its getting over the habbit of picking up a cancer stick. Just remember smoking kills, so do car accidents but they are not normally a slow painfull death like smoking. What does that mean you ask erm quit smoking and dont die a slow painfull death.

Oh yea and well done keep it up. From an ex smoker, we are the worst smoke haters.

Just take a couple of beers, and i bet your camels will be smoldering on your lips again...:D

At least that how it works for me, smoked about 5-6 years, quitted smoking when sober alltogether, but i cant resist the urge to smoke when drunk...

Thats how it has been now close to 1,5 years... :eek:

The limit usually is 4-5 beers after i hear my spiritual backbone break...so i can drink a few "sauna"-beers without smoking, but thats about it...

...the real and most important question is...u took the bus?! wtf bro...don´t give up on driving so fast mate...

Thanks for great (encouraging and/or funny) responses. :)

Yeppoes, I'm gonna take advantage of this weird out-of-nowhere break and quit for good.

Today I've been jumping up of my chair for a smoke until i remember "I don't need a smoke". Well, I'll learn eventually :p

...or does finnish government put some chemical in drinking water?

Here's the story:

Yesterday at noon, i smoked half a ciggie before entering buss to travel back home from my relatives.

After 2 hours of driving the buss stopped for 5 mins, which is enough to smoke one - which i usually do. This time I didn't. Not even after 4 hours ride.

Actually now, 23 hours after my last ciggie, I have skipped 30+ cigarettes. I have box at my pocket right now, but for some unknown reason I don't smoke them.

The weird part is, that I've been smoking 30 to 40 camels a day for 20+ years and I never made desicion to quit.

Wtf..?

Am I about to quit smoking? :scratch2:

Well gz on it - I stopped today myself - and never ate this much carrots before :D

I gave up smoking 9 months ago after have been smoking 1½pack a day for about 18 years.
I simply got tired of it, the constant bother of having to rush to the store as i ran out of smokes, no matter the time of day.
I had just had it and quit cold turky and havn't looked back since.
And it feels damn good to be free from them!!

Well gz on it - I stopped today myself - and never ate this much carrots before :D

yes. be prepared to gain a few kilos, even if eating carrots...

worst case scenario is to start eating candy to fill your craving for ciggies...

i exercise alot but still gained few kilos, i read somewhere what the average weigth gain was for males after they stop smoking but, cant remember it anymore...

Don't worry, you can still deposit the extra money you will get from not having to buy those camels to prevent you from getting rich

oki, i was surprised with the thread topic after all

i expected like
"is 200k camels enough to trade for a LA at MA HQ?" , which asked by some sheik or so in some newspaper

either way, can't be that bad to stop smoking, i never even started :D
hf :)

yes. be prepared to gain a few kilos, even if eating carrots...

worst case scenario is to start eating candy to fill your craving for ciggies...

i exercise alot but still gained few kilos, i read somewhere what the average weigth gain was for males after they stop smoking but, cant remember it anymore...

No worries Im also excersicing now, got the running shoes, fixed bike and such... now I just needs more time to run and cycle :D

Thanks for great (encouraging and/or funny) responses. :)

Yeppoes, I'm gonna take advantage of this weird out-of-nowhere break and quit for good.

Today I've been jumping up of my chair for a smoke until i remember "I don't need a smoke". Well, I'll learn eventually :p

Fantastic..... u will live longer.. and smell better,,,,,,, and have more money for peds to game lol ... keep it up.. but if u have one ciggie.. pretend u havent............and go back on the wagon.. Gz..

Todays my 2nd day as 100% non smoker :) And Im proud like hell... Most important smoke for me ever was the morning smoke, but when I woke up - I didnt even have that eager for it.

Just made a rough calculation for 18 years of smoking:
131.400 cigaretes gone poof - worth in DKK 229.950 - or in USD: 39.646..

Boy I have been stupid.

Good to hear success stories, it's easy to get into smoking but not so easy to stop. There's no obvious sign of danger at the time, there's always a reason to have one etc.
Fact is, all having a cigarette does is stop you wanting a cigarette for 15 minutes. As has been said, the poisons and damage clears itself up and in a few short weeks you'll be free of it, nice one:)

Hurrikane

Good to hear success stories, it's easy to get into smoking but not so easy to stop. There's no obvious sign of danger at the time, there's always a reason to have one etc.
Fact is, all having a cigarette does is stop you wanting a cigarette for 15 minutes. As has been said, the poisons and damage clears itself up and in a few short weeks you'll be free of it, nice one:)

Hurrikane

I agree, it´s a tough habit to get rid off, but it can b done, eating candy is one way...but I think that if u don´t truly wanna quit smoking, it can´t b done...u just gotta make a decision & stick by it! ...and how hard that journey is goin to be, is prolly individual! But i believe u can do it mate so, Gl kalanen! :thumbup:

After...

-20 minutes: Bloodpressure and pulse decreases to normal levels. Temperature in your hands and feets increases to normal.

-8 hours: The CO2 and oxygen level in your blood returns to normal.

-24 hours: Chances of a heartattack starts to decrease.

-48 hours: The nerve fibres starts growing back and your senses of smell and taste increase.

-From 2 weeks to 3 months: Your bloodcirculation is enhanced, walking/running is getting easier and your lungcapacity improves.

-1 to 9 months: Coughing, chances of blood clots, tiredness and respiratory problems diminishes. The Cilia returns and helps cleansing your lungs and reduces the risk of infection. Your "total body energy" is improved.

-1 year: The chance of your dying in cardiovascular disease(s) is now 50% of a smoker.

-5 years: Mortality for middle-aged persons having smoked one pack of cigarettes/day is halved. 5-15 years after quitting, the chances of cerebral haemorrhage is on par with a person that has never smoked (!).

-10 years: Mortality in lungcancer is at the same level as none-smokers.

Worth fighting for, isn't it? ;):)

After...

-20 minutes: Bloodpressure and pulse decreases to normal levels. Temperature in your hands and feets increases to normal.

-48 hours: The nerve fibres starts growing back and your senses of smell and taste increase.

-From 2 weeks to 3 months: Your bloodcirculation is enhanced, walking/running is getting easier and your lungcapacity improves.

-1 to 9 months: Coughing, chances of blood clots, tiredness and respiratory problems diminishes. The Cilia returns and helps cleansing your lungs and reduces the risk of infection. Your "total body energy" is improved.

-1 year: The chance of your dying in cardiovascular disease(s) is now 50% of a smoker.

-5 years: Mortality for middle-aged persons having smoked one pack of cigarettes/day is halved. 5-15 years after quitting, the chances of cerebral haemorrhage is on par with a person that has never smoked (!).

...qouted for truth!

After...

+ rep from a ex smoker who is now just over a year non smoker :)

May I add few more symptoms at 48 hours mark:

- your palms melt everything they touch
- furniture starts staring at you
- your teeth are dry and your gums crawl all over your head

:scared::cussing::umn::cdevil:

(*G* I didn't expect this being easy :p)

May I add few more symptoms at 48 hours mark:

- your palms melt everything they touch
- furniture starts staring at you
- your teeth are dry and your gums crawl all over your head

:scared::cussing::umn::cdevil:

(*G* I didn't expect this being easy :p)

Uhm

Another side effect: eat too much carrots and U might start to feel like one, and - shit treelogs due to the high amount of fibers U suddenly started consuming... :eek:

Pro:

You don't have to stand up for a ziggy after sex ;)

And when you return to bed for another run in the hay, you actually have the stamina for it plus your mouth don't taste like sh*te :laugh:

Pro:

Which reminds me of the old....

"Do you smoke after sex?"
"Dunno, I never really checked ..."

:cool:

Which reminds me of the old....

"Do you smoke after sex?"
"Dunno, I never really checked ..."

:cool:

Ahhh, that's what that burning rubber smell was :ahh:

Back