Question: Why are new players spawning on TI?

ForrestPark

Prowler
Society
The Ministry
I realise most people are going to blindly tell me to "log a support case", but before I do, I wanted to ask the community about something.

New players appear to be spawning on Treasure Island. It's crazy. They spawn, run around, and half an hour later they are stuck at the Hogglo Revival area saying "How do I get a gun?", "Please help me, what should I do?" etc? This can't be much fun for them.

They are running about and getting one hit (two if they are lucky) from a Hogglo, dying again, and returning to the revival.

I helped two new players get from Hogglo Revival to PA last night because someone had to. I realise sweating is not currently operational so this is probably the worst time in the history of the game to be starting out...but...

What is MA's thinking to spawn new players somewhere that they will just die? They might as well spawn them next to a Daspletor at CND...? The new player will notice no difference.

And Deathifier isn't benefitting either. Bizarre.

Any thoughts?

Forrest

outch you got a big point there :yup:

come on MA

Just a thought that the 'pay it forward' principle might a consideration .
Thus players with decent HP/Gear might want to hang there and assist noobs to find some middle ground.
No worries I head there when I have some spare time and have done all the new TP's.

WOF Aussie Oi OI OI
:D

I agree with you Forrest.

As you know I tried to help a noob there last night who was got stuck at the revival in the hog zone.

He was trying to beg a free gun and ammo to 'try the game' before deciding whether to give it a proper go.

Even if someone more generous than me had lent him something I don't think he'd have got a good experience tackling Hogs with no armour and zero skills! :eek:

I agree with you Forrest.

As you know I tried to help a noob there last night who was got stuck at the revival in the hog zone.

He was trying to beg a free gun and ammo to 'try the game' before deciding whether to give it a proper go.

Even if someone more generous than me had lent him something I don't think he'd have got a good experience tackling Hogs with no armour and zero skills! :eek:

I saw you doing your best. I ran him to PA in the end, to get him off our backs. :)

Then at PA, I tried to add him as a disciple and found out that feature isn't working again yet :D

Forrest

From time to time MA has changed the spawning place for new players. This usually happens after some big newsworthy event.

From time to time TI has been used as an "overflow" area if PA is full.

If TI and PA are full people start appearing all over the place, though usually at major activity centers.

I'm not sure if it is currently being used in this manner, or if FPC has temporarily set it as a new arrival point.

It's certainly easy to get stuck - they changed the revival layout so now every little area has one and instead of returning to TP you remain within a habitat zone.

I'm in the process of getting this fixed - I much prefer how it was setup pre-VU10 and did not request any changes.

Bye,
Deathifier

I think that is happening due to some problems in PA.
Last night i tryed to go to PA to make some business and the area was inacessible, somehow the PA server might had been down for some time and i think that was the reason why noobs started spawning on TI..

FYI:
I submitted a ticket as suggestion to MA.
I fully agree with your statement and I think the first impression of TI is not good to new players.

No offense at TI owner :).

I just think they should have a lot small mobs nearby.

FYI:
I fully agree with your statement and I think the first impression of TI is not good to new players.

Agreed, and +rep.

I think that is happening due to some problems in PA.
Last night i tryed to go to PA to make some business and the area was inacessible, somehow the PA server might had been down for some time and i think that was the reason why noobs started spawning on TI..

This. The PA server was either full or down, I think since I'm still to new to say anything with any authority. I had gotten dc'd and when I re-logged the sign in screen said the server was down, would I like to go to a different server? When I said yes it sent me to TI. From there I could not port back to PA for an hour or two, given the error that it was inaccessible.

I can see how this could be a buzz kill for noobs, hell I'm a noob but in a game like this isn't the point to make the best of it? I was able to do some exploring, run some avoidance tactics and pick up a couple of TPs on the island, even with all those big bad nasty kill you one hit monsters all over the place. The hardest part was keeping the other noobs from training mobs onto me with that huge aggro range they seemed to have and I learned that in the world of transportation, water is your friend!

At least I got a little exploring in and saw some of the player housing out there. Just curious, how much does it cost to build/buy one of those mansions out there? How about one of the sail houses?

FYI:

If anything, they should spawn at the redesigned Swamp Camp - but I suppose that is on the PA server. Maybe Atlas Haven instead.

I tried to help a noob there last night who was got stuck at the revival in the hog zone.

I just tell them to look up Entropia Forum and run away lol :laugh:

Better than nothing, loads of great advice here!! :wtg:

Anyway, from what Ive seen theres quite alot of help and advice coming from really nice people there :D

Had a little giggle on the way to my house, as a newbie learnt how to move his avatar, then in all chat wrote "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

:rofl:

Just recieved the answer by support:

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestion. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and have forwarded your suggestion to the design team.

Unfortunately we are unable to say whether or not it will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.

Just curious, how much does it cost to build/buy one of those mansions out there? How about one of the sail houses?

You cannot build a house yourself. Deathifier got the houses when he bought TI; they already were there and for him to sell. As I recall right, there are still some mansions that he hasn't sold. Maybe you could ask him?!

Hmmm, sounds like a copy and paste answer to me...

Yes, agreed. But it's a better copy and pasted answer than some we see on the forum. Certainly better than this one, for example:

Dear Punter,

We printed out your support case without reading it and have thrown it into our fireplace, thus making a contribution to global warming.

Regards,
Entropia Support

LOL... I got that picture in my mind and it made me laugh, so another +rep :)

If I would be game director, I would have let my team do this:
Have a smal space station made (same style as CND, just one Bio Dome, no need to build new models or generarte new textures) and a few other rooms. The first "wake up" room is the one where you design your avatar (like today). The last room is a shuttle hangar that brings you down to Calypso.
In between are rooms dedicated to mining, crafting and hunting. Having equipment on display and screens showing how to use them.

There's also a map room, where you can inform yourself about the places and landscapes of Calypso.

There's also a terminal where you can pick up your training gear and head for the bio dome. Here you can hunt and mine as long as you wish (your practice gun, armor and fap doesn't wear off and there's an unlimited suply for bombs/probes and ammo). You can use the gathered materials then to return to the machine room and craft the training blueprints.

You don't gain any regular skills with it, just one - your disciple skill.
You can leave the beginner station any time, but if you stay there until you reached a certain lvl in your training skill, you get your new colonist welcome package. You deserved it, you earned it. A gun with a few rounds of ammo, mining gear and a fap.

When you enter the shuttle you have to leave behind all your training gear, only your gifts will stay with you.
Prepared and keen to try out your new stuff for "real" you fly down to the planet.

This I would do if I would be game director.

typical MA...
get new engine , work 2 year to remaque the game , make special event , blow the PR trumpet... all that to get new player...and then make spawn new player in desert surunded by the hightest mobs in the game so they dont last more than 1 min alive...

What a great plan to avoid the over population of the game...

New player should spawn in a special area , with low mobs , eseasy flat ground , TT auction and all reast easy to find....and even , EU should have an noob island... where people who wish can have some "training" for the control when they start...

hmm...

problem with n00b island idea is that lots of rich n00bs are not n00bs for long.

I just tell them to look up Entropia Forum and run away lol :laugh:

Yep, first thing I did Debbie was to point him to Entropia Forum (didn't run away but maybe I should have!) ;)

I can confirm (contrary to what I have just said to OracleKev and Smoerble via the +rep system) that noobs are still being spawned at TI.

In specific terms...there was a new avatar that I did my best to help but who got pissed off running all the way to TI City TP and logged out (maybe forever).... FPC you need to look up the logs of Ana Ana Henson.

It really annoys me that in one thread David/FPC is digging at DJ et al for turning away a new player called Wiseguy... and yet FPC are spawning avatars on TI which is about as inappropriate as holding a beginners swimming class in shark invested waters.

Bugs in EU I can take, but lack of common sense....

Aaaargh!

Forrest :(

It really annoys me that in one thread David/FPC is digging at DJ et al for turning away a new player called Wiseguy... and yet FPC are spawning avatars on TI which is about as inappropriate as holding a beginners swimming class in shark invested waters.

Bugs in EU I can take, but lack of common sense....

Yup, let David stand at T.I and help all the NooBs out.

Hehe, that surely would make MA realize some problems :).

But I think David is the wrong person to place there, FPC needs to do that :).

My impression from David and Frank is: they KNOW about the issues we have. They are working on it (I really believe that, not just because they post this), because they want to make money.

I don't understand, why they did not move the spawn yet, but I can just say: if you want something changed, send a support case. You will get copy and paste answers, but if too many similar tickets arrive from different people, it will raise attention.

Again: no worries, I am sure this will change, but I don't know when.

*raises hand*
I'm a victim! :D
I spawned in this hogglo habitat. Took me a good while and some very careful maneuvering to get out. I spent more than ten minutes just climbing some mountain there because it was the only way through...

And that was after I looked for an eternity everywhere around the spawning point because I kept thinking "that can't be right - there has to be some kind of teleport here. They wouldn't just strand me here..." :rolleyes:

Back