Can we say that........

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
Dunno if it s me, but i have the feeling that there are not a lot of people online (few k to be positive), i have the feeling that many players are playing lesser and lesser despite the SGAE and the little efforts of FPC to maintain/bring people in game, don t look like we are getting thousand of new players at day despite this very beautiful graphic engine.

Can we say that at that point things will do better just and only when new planets will be released?????

Because: it s so many time that MA talk about new planets that now really we want them and because at least there will be some totally new to talk about in forums around the web MOORG and gaming related.

ps. It will be nice see an eutracker chart about the total globals recorded in the last ....6 months....just to confirm/not confirm my feeling

I was on somekind of gameconvension today in my City (Pretty small) The most adults and older people went away from there pretty fast. they showed some old games and some newer games there. they had something with EU aswell, two pictures, one of the single maturity argous and the other one a picture of a miner bot. My point with this is that people who don't play this game don't know much about it. But I guess it's harder to advertise EU since you put in money in it if you want too and I guess some people would overdue it. But it was fun that they atleast showed this game with two pictures and a text about Neverdie buying CND which seem to be the standard to advertise EU with :D :)

I doubt that new people will stream in when the new planets comes. My friend told me a rewiewer tried EU when the new release came and CE2 was launched. Apparently the rewier said this game was shit after just an hour of playing. In my opinion he should've atleast try this game a month or so before giving it a bad rewiew ;) what I belive will happen when the new planets come is that some old EU players who have quit will log in and just check whats new with the game :)

I can only say what I see;
My FL has a much smaller "online" section than ever before.
I play less, alot less and I deleted my credit cards so as to never deposit again.
Once my PED and skills run out, I'll be uninstalling.
Too expensive, too clicky... no value outside of hitting the jackpot (never gonna happen).
:)

well i totally agree that 30 min playing EU is not enough and that EU is not well advised by MA. But i was meaning some different. We are living a low activity period: did you think it will be over just with the V10 finish or we really need new planets (or some other) to make the game/economy/ interest about EU start/raise again?

Marco did something wrong.

Entropia may have lost a few players due to the graphics update. Also, in the current economic climate more people may be trying to get more entertainment for their dollar. Finally, many players who had planned on quitting may have waited until VU 10 to see if things changed. They eventually left after the VU.

I've heard some people say that they would quit EU and stop playing, weeks/months later they're back playing again. I'm not saying all people who quit will be back, but some logs in later on to see how things is and try out and see if there are any changes, they get lucky or have a good time and they return. Breaks are good for you. I play less now (becuse my computer is to old for EU atm). But last years summer when I was the most active I found doing the same things boring after a while. So maybe the inactive ones will be back when they feel like they've been gone enough.

imo the only way out from here is in a black plasticbag ;)

I would have to agree that player numbers are low right now...

I think it's a combination of factors...

With VU10 many players computers simply cannot meet the game spec requirements, so they stop playing.

Less players means smaller loot pools which in turn means less average loot which causes players to spend less time in game.

Deposits don't last as long so less play time in hours.

Players have simply had enough of MA/FPC promises not being delivered, deadlines not being met and basic game functions not functioning.

You can tell when things are bad because there are a lot more than usual older players cashing out.

IMHO MA/FPC are going to have to stop relying on the same tired old game/business plan they keep regurgitating and think outside the box to breath fresh life into EU. :scratch2:

Wow, is it possible that this is a thread where it might be acknowledged that things are turning sour?!
:eek:

*waits for the fanboys "everything is fine, lootius is great!" addendum*

I would have to agree that player numbers are low right now...

I think it's a combination of factors...

With VU10 many players computers simply cannot meet the game spec requirements, so they stop playing.

Less players means smaller loot pools which in turn means less average loot which causes players to spend less time in game.

Deposits don't last as long so less play time in hours.

Players have simply had enough of MA/FPC promises not being delivered, deadlines not being met and basic game functions not functioning.

You can tell when things are bad because there are a lot more than usual older players cashing out.

IMHO MA/FPC are going to have to stop relying on the same tired old game/business plan they keep regurgitating and think outside the box to breath fresh life into EU. :scratch2:

at the end you means that also when the V10 will be completed (team hunt, sweet, apartments and booths etcetc) still the actual low activity in game persist?????

maybe a poll would be better

Here are some suggestions for MA.

1. Stop taking away the things we find fun to do. Ex: Blowing ppl up with the rocket launchers and watching them fly.

2. Put something in game that is fun and free to do. Sweating and looking for rocks, fruit, dug is NOT fun! Ex: Give us all golf clubs and balls with no decay and let us play some golf, etc....

3. Give us NO less then 90% return! I am sick of getting no more then 50% return!

Come on, would MA play this game with what they are us?

2. Put something in game that is fun and free to do. Sweating and looking for rocks, fruit, dug is NOT fun! Ex: Give us all golf clubs and balls with no decay and let us play some golf, etc....

If they implement a major fun factor to the game, thats free then it would steer away people from doing the activities that pays MA's bills (i.e decay). Sure there may be more people but they wont be contributing anything to MA by free golf...

Although i do agree with you - i'm just thinking what would MA think is all :)

With regards to the subject at hand though, there are a couple of major thing to be introduced in future that may inject life into the game again

sweating - where all/most the old sweaters come back (bit more activity)

teaming - many enjoy the acitivty of team hunting

CP-the large portion of mid-high end players are anticipating cp.... It will be interesting to see what changes they have made. If they mess it up TOO much, well thats most of your high-end players gone. I know some people who only get enjoyment out of CP.... not EU.

finally....

planets - this is the BIG 'deal'! With all the different planets being introduced, which have highlighted in BOLD in their advertisements that they will attract thousands of players. All i'm saying is they better live up to the hype. I think this will be the decider whether or not EU actually fails or not. If player numbers dont significantly increase when the planets come, its signs of a sinking boat 100%

Dunno if it s me, but i have the feeling that there are not a lot of people online (few k to be positive), i have the feeling that many players are playing lesser and lesser despite the SGAE and the little efforts of FPC to maintain/bring people in game, don t look like we are getting thousand of new players at day despite this very beautiful graphic engine.

My graphics were better before VU10. I bought a new computer the last time MA upgraded the graphics and I am not buying a new one this time. I am definitely in a "low" EU playing mood right now, so I am playing another game I like. There are less people on and a few that I have talked to said their computers can't run EU anymore. The other game I play has two versions: higher end graphics and lower end graphics. That way, more people can play that don't have the higher end systems. Maybe that would help. After my break, I will be back hard at it in EU I'm sure. I did chip out once and I won't make that mistake again. :ahh: I'm here for the long haul, I just hope MA/FPC can get it together and make some things happen. I don't think 90% returns for everyone is the answer, but I could be wrong.

just i would like understand your feeling: this because your feeling influence my loot return. If u feel bad, you play less or nothing, no auction/decay/ads/etc then no loot for me.

I would like just understand i must hold my money until the VU10 final release or i need to wait for more????

In other words: when do you plan to came back to hard play???

just i would like understand your feeling: this because your feeling influence my loot return. If u feel bad, you play less or nothing, no auction/decay/ads/etc then no loot for me.

I would like just understand i must hold my money until the VU10 final release or i need to wait for more????

hard play....

When CP is back, when teaming is back - i will play hard, deposit like i used to. The next big hurdle is the planets. I will see performance from them, and if the 20k player-base doesnt increase significantly, then i will consider quitting.

Oh and another thing. 90% of the people who play Entropia don't continue to play because they like the game, they stay because their friends are here. Thats the psychological explanation for why you still see the players that you DO see online.

I think many people played this to have fun, but unlike other games get some investment back out at some point even if not breaking even or winning.

MA's Number 1 mistake...L gear..
MA's#2 mistake changing TOU and not at least garanteeing TT value..I know that Crap about only garanteeing the last years deposits turned me off big time.

The game its self is getting back to playable..Now they need to rearrage the economy a tad so as to not look like 15th century robber barrons.

The bad press from word of mouth advertising has shot them in the foot and the gangrine is now knawing at the knees.

90% return garantee is just not pheaseable nor realistic..
30% return is ludacriss and to normal thinking people only highly addicted gamblers are left to play at those rates.

60% to 85% range is livable from both sides. The constant loss for many so the same few can gain (as has been the SOP since I have played) will NEVER grow this game...even with giving monster hof's and aths to newbs will not raise retention. Anyone who has played this game more then an hour and took time to talk to ANY of the player base knows what the deal is. THAT is where the main problem lies.

Either they start treating the over all population much more fairly or within the next year it will be upper mid level players complaining and leaveing the game because ALL the rewards STILL go to the same people Constantly.

yes I know they spent the money, they spent the time, but it should not garantee them EVERY nice thing in the service to be handed to them on a silver platter.

I have spent the time in game and MORE then what I should have financially in relation to my income to better myself in here. I in no way am asking the world be handed to me in here, But I DO and WILL demand that I be treated more fairly in regards to my skill levels and time put into this service. I think in most cases thats all a great portion that play EU want in return for the time and enjoyment gotten from the service.

Until that time comes I think most of us could not in good faith try to get someone involved in EU knowing full well what it has become economicly for what ever reason / excuse anyone playing can come up with.

Can we say that at that point things will do better just and only when new planets will be released?????

Because: it s so many time that MA talk about new planets that now really we want them and because at least there will be some totally new to talk about in forums around the web MOORG and gaming related.

ps. It will be nice see an eutracker chart about the total globals recorded in the last ....6 months....just to confirm/not confirm my feeling

You know what? I think your right. Like in my soc, there's never anyone online anymore, on my friend's list too, everyone I've known on the game is gone now...

I know I'm playing a lot less now due to loot. no loot = no fun. As selfish as that sounds this is a RCE and it's the entire premise of the game.

The last few weeks of hunting big mobs have given a few small globals and very little fun for me. Also a pretty serious loss of ped.

"when do you plan to came back to hard play" when the above condition changes. I have fun at playing a game when there's a chance for me to "win" and EU is no different. I feel I have no chance to win and that I'm just funding those special few players who loot big on the same mobs I hunt.

I think someone at Mindark had a dream that was just a little off. I haven't been playing either because of the graphics changes, the poor looting and preferences regarding who is getting what SGA items. If MA wants to survive, they had better do something quick. (I really miss PE these days)

Last edited:
I've played since 2004. Every VU since then people have complained that this time the loot is really, seriously worse than it was before. :rolleyes:

Dunno if it s me, but i have the feeling that there are not a lot of people online

Dont worry the sky is not falling...
And who said that players have vanished?
According to uncle Jacobs there are...

millions.jpg

They are everywhere...Open your eyes...Millions of them :D

And if you cant find them dont worry...
Who needs players when he is in a...

billion_economy.jpg

(Wtf i thought we were in a Trillion$ economy...)
Bright days are coming...(Wear your sunglasses!!!) :laugh:

I,m not the type to complain but I`m anxious to have appartments back so I can do my job as a hairstylist cause being a hunter sucks at the moment...I wonder if MA even has an idea what is going on with the poor loot. They seem pretty out of touch with thier player base.

At times I have an image of this one old guy in his living room running this whole game, programming it on his spare time and pretending to be everyone at MA, and running low on imagination.:eek:

I wish they were a little more pro-active and transparent. There is so much potential with this game. I also think they have underestimated the power of sweating. I started by sweating and now I am much poorer due to all the deposits. :)

I hope my next post is my old positive self.:(

To me it seems that MA is on a way out.I mean they looking for a buyer or most likly already found one and now talking the price.

Nonsense.. you have no information to back up that statement... or even indicate that it is a valid opinion... beyond pure slander...

calm down you morons :D
let MA fix EU, might take 6 month or so.. then we know if EU will die or not.
serious ppl will probably never quit, theres to much potential in this virtual universe.. sure it would be different if lets say Blizzard was calling the shots but they are not.. MA dont have an army of programers, so it will take time before EU is playable again.. find another hobby while you wait.

it seems its more fun bitching and whining abt the game then playing it

...its also the time of year when normal participation starts to drop due Christmas coming. Add the GFC and I think we would see less people than normal VU10 or not.

it seems its more fun bitching and whining abt the game then playing it

Well it is certainly cheaper that way and it doesn't need a higher end graphic card to do so :)

I'm hoping the planets have a better implementation/version of the the game we all love and show MA/FPC how it should be done. Really looking to CKI to do the game justice.

Then I might play for longer than an hour a week.

- A lot ppl left EU
- A lot ppl play a lot less

Reasons:
- loot before and after VU10 and in SGA was so low, that it pissed lot players (atm loot is a bit better, i can claim I`m having 70-60% TT back, better then 30-50% like it was)
- a lot bugs, additions game play costs because of them
- due to previous reasons there is slowdowns in all kind markets, less demand/supply, less speculations and manipulations (traders).

There is modest slowdown in EU in every category ... is this lowest point? no idea, Will get better? No idea, Will new planets help Calypso? Not at all, that will help only MA not to FPC! Is Sky falling? no yet!

New Planets? I think those will have very limited content at start and will be expanded in future.

Atm I try do things to dont get broke to fast and try keep high activity to help Calypso, to market and eco can help your activity by demanding or supplying something with your actions improves market in all ways.

My few pecs, cheers all.

Back