New planet

Dracula and monster pals unleashed in multiplayer game - Reuters

Dracula and monster pals unleashed in multiplayer game
[SIZE=-1]Reuters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The company partnered with MindArk, which operates the Entropia Universe where Planet Michael and the Universal Monsters will reside. The Entropia Universe ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Universal's Classic Monsters Live on in Multiplayer Game [SIZE=-1]ShockTillYouDrop.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SEE, Universal scare up monster deal [SIZE=-1]Variety[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 4 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

that article disgusts me. the sifi/futuristic aspect of planet calypso will be diluted by several (IMO) ridiculously themed planets.

so far our first example of this, is "rock"tropia. i guess thats yet, another planet on the roster i will never visit :(

that article disgusts me. the sifi/futuristic aspect of planet calypso will be diluted by several (IMO) ridiculously themed planets.

so far our first example of this, is "rock"tropia. i guess thats yet, another planet on the roster i will never visit :(

Dont worry.

It is written "Planet Michael and the Universal Monsters project are due late next year."

It means we wont see them before 2014/2016. ;)

Dont worry.

It is written "Planet Michael and the Universal Monsters project are due late next year."

It means we wont see them before 2014/2016. ;)

:rofl: thanks for putting my mind at ease for the next 5 years :) till then!

Lol @ 1 million users from 200 countrys :laugh:

In a different statement they claim 233.000 accounts?

your too late, some body else already posted this :laugh:

Its a license to use 80 years of Monster Work! from Universal Pictures, Movies, cartoons, comics, storylines, designs, memorabilia.
There are so many fans of this type of stuff. This is could be HUGE!

Just look at the facebook:

planet calypso: 1.4k Likes
planet michael: 5.3k Likes (and this planet does not even exist yet!)

seriously, think about it.

This could be really awesome if they do it right. There are such an enormous amount of stories, characters and places to bring to life on this new planet!

I am waiting for studio 100 to come with planet plopsa, planet mega mindy and planet piet piraat!

:laugh:, they maybe registered but most of that figure are non-active now :D. :laugh: 1 million users.

Well they do say 1 million REGISTERED, not active...

Besides, how many are REALLY active (and not a chinese gold farmer or second account or whatever) of the XX millions that WoW, Runescape, etc claim to have? :rolleyes:

Why don't they just go ahead and make Planet Pandora from the movie Avatar!

:cool:

Count Floyd better frakkin be on that planet, OR I BOYCOTT! :laugh:

When I heard this I got really excited. Horror films, Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewolf...........right up my alley. But as soon as I heard MA was involved I got depressed!! :mad: Cause I know they will take all the fun out of playing it!

Lets hope the quest and missions in these new planets are better then what we got in Calypso at the moment, and that the ones on Calypso get better over time! :)

Imagine the possibilities of having EU somehow tied in to Universal Studios Amusement Park... integration in future movies with pre-quel stuff going out in the virtual universe as ads before the movie, etc. Remember how when I-robot and the Final Fantasy movies first used online games and stuff... take that the the Nth degree within EU!

Quests built to explore ideas and stuff about a movie that happen before the movie... and take off in various directions after the movie is out, etc. Remember how many Star Wars books were written that followed the plot and characters many years after the movies, and are still being written today... imagine something on that level in game... i.e. INTEGRATION WITH REAL STORY WRITERS who are good enough to make movies, so should be good enough to do some entertaining stuff in game! :)

Last edited:
When I heard this I got really excited. Horror films, Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewolf...........right up my alley. But as soon as I heard MA was involved I got depressed!! :mad: Cause I know they will take all the fun out of playing it!

I wouldn't go that far yet. You never know how the formulas for operator return are set, and it wouldn't suprise me that it varies by planet partner. Universal is diversified enough that they could have a meager profit off the MMORPG since it advertises their other intellectual properties, which also earn income. It's not like Rocktropia, Planet Calypso, or Planet Cyrene since those planets are the sole profit center for those planet partners, as far as I know.

Besides, you probably have a couple of years to regain your enthusiam before the FrankenPorter attaches to the Entropia TP network. :)

Unlike Rocktropia and Planet Michael, I might visit this one... but I will always return to my beloved Calypso!

I wouldn't go that far yet. You never know how the formulas for operator return are set, and it wouldn't suprise me that it varies by planet partner. Universal is diversified enough that they could have a meager profit off the MMORPG since it advertises their other intellectual properties, which also earn income. It's not like Rocktropia, Planet Calypso, or Planet Cyrene since those planets are the sole profit center for those planet partners, as far as I know.

But that does not apply to SEE. The might get some extra revenue out of advertising but the SEE worlds will still need to make money the same way as rest.

Besides, you probably have a couple of years to regain your enthusiam before the FrankenPorter attaches to the Entropia TP network. :)

Unlike Rocktropia and Planet Michael, I might visit this one... but I will always return to my beloved Calypso!

I will definitely visit, but will I play? It would be nice to know what the guidelines are that MA has for each planet. Who controls the loot? Items? What are they allowed to do and not allowed to do........Hopefully it doesn't turn into a money hungry planet and they actually care about the players.

But I guess will have to wait until the end of next year to find out..............on wait MA is involved, make that 3 yrs.

/ rant mode off, time to go find something to cheer me up :)

Why don't they just go ahead and make Planet Pandora from the movie Avatar!

:cool:

Then your avatar would play an avatar...? :scratch2:

:silly2:

Who controls the loot? Items? What are they allowed to do and not allowed to do........Hopefully it doesn't turn into a money hungry planet and they actually care about the players.

MindArk controls loot and balancing

Back