Silver Ice

Married last July, baby due this June - boy, have I been busy! :D

EU, swimming, weightlifting, meeting interesting & fun-loving ppl, and playing with Cisco devices!
Website
http://www.mimilitia.info
Society
Michigan Militia
Silver Ice Rayne
Occupation
Fruitcake taste-tester 0.O
Real-world Gender
Female
Entropia Gender
Female
Entropia Address
Sakura Sachi Condos, 8G
Bilton Tower 1, 2E
NotePad
I'm back, after nearly an unplanned year or so off.

EU upgraded to 10.0, Cryengine, and I had been managing to run on a rickety ten-year-old computer up until that point. The poor old hag just couldn't muster up enough oomph for the new CryEngine, no matter how well I rigged it, and I needed to save money for various reasons (RL always comes first, ofc) so I coudn't spare any cash at all for a metal hunk of entertainment. I think I managed to run the new EU a whole 2 times before it just wouldn't do it anymore, even after a lot of doctoring.

So... I've spent the last year putzing around in the other games that I had played off and on over the years, since my old box was still good enough to run those. In that time I've pretty much gotten my feet planted more firmly financially, moved to Texas to follow the warm weather, family, and good employment opportunities, I've gotten married, and now have a new(ish) computer. Up until Christmas eve, the newish computer still wasn't up to par to run around on Calypso without lagging enough to drive even the most patient gamer to madness. Thanks to the husband, however (a very sympathetic fellow gamer, who understands entirely the hollowness that comes with being away from a virtual home for so long, ha!) I now have a brand new graphics card that can handle the stresses of running EU.

So, now I'm back, rediscovering the virtual planet Calypso. Home sweet home, apparently revamped with all kinds of new goodies, but missing some very enjoyable bits that used to exist and haven't yet been re-implemented. I hear these items are being worked on, so I shall wait, as always, for the developers to get around to it. Patience is a much-needed virtue in this virtual world, if you wish to keep your sanity, anyway. In the meantime, I will spend my time catching up with all of my old friends, relearning all of the controls, learning about all of the newer features and items, and settling back into my remodeled virtual home world.

Even after all of this time spent away and all of the time spent in other virtual worlds, I still have to say that none of the other virtual places have even come close to meeting the standards that Entropia has set in the entertainment value or community togetherness and maturity. I certainly hope, that as I settle back in, I find that this place is still setting the standards in these areas. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I'm so happy to see so many of the same old names that have been around for all of these years, and it appears that many things have been drastically improved. I've only been back for a day, so I still have a lot to review, but somehow I really think that I will not be disappointed about too many things.

Hope to see all of you in-game!
Back